Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 24, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Probably one of the most predictable ways they concluded the show with a big fight between Shu and Kisara against Kanna.

Kisara fought like a champ though, knowing the stakes. Still, I found this episode kinda underwhelming being how predictable everything went. Seems Kisara and Kanna aren't going to get along after all lul

Sep 24, 2022 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
In the end, it's Shu and his harem of women to take down Kanna, along with unexpected allies of the companies already doing the work to finish the job. At least Shu committed to his job to Engage Kiss with Kisara, bring out her demon powers and defeat Asmodeus to save Kanna. All at the vicinity of damages incurred, and Shu's grand finale is left unresolved.

All's well that ends well for everyone involved...except that once they reached back to Shu's home, other than the kiss, to find Kanna right in their home eating all the food, it's back to the exact same treatments of who's gonna get pampered by Shu most, and he truly deserved it.

Also another alright ending that actually delivers its themes better, but only by a tinny bit.

Engage Kiss isn't all that bad as I initially hoped it would be, but it's mediocre.
KANLen09Sep 24, 2022 11:50 AM
Sep 24, 2022 10:27 AM
Jun 2020
All I can say is this anime taught me a valuable lesson: beware of original anime, even the ones of a really good studio. The chance it will be a sh#t is high.
Sep 24, 2022 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
What a messing ending. lmao Sharon should join the party.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 24, 2022 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
A grand unresolved finale it truly was.

Kanna v Kisara was great, awesome day of sakuga for A-1 across this and lycoreco, but the finale was definitely underwhelming. Kisara not getting her memories back but still seemingly winning over ayano is really annoying. Tired of best girls being shafted. It would be different if it was a childhood friend situation, but shuu and ayano literally were dating up until he met Kisara lol. Messed up.

With the way sharon headed off for the inquisition and Kanna being part of the harem now, it really did feel like a set up for season 2 or at least a continuation of the story in some capacity. The mom is still out there cooking up her evil plot. I hope the split cour rumours end up being true.

Engage kiss was my AOTS and I’ll really miss it.

EDIT: looks like a game has been confirmed and there’s an event in January which is likely where we’ll get that announcement of s2
Marinate1016Sep 24, 2022 10:37 AM
Sep 24, 2022 10:32 AM

Oct 2017
All three of them fighting for Shu was hilarious. Needed more of Kanna, she sounds lovely voiced by Kitou Akari.

I liked the start of this anime but then it got quite mediocre and stayed that way. Was an okay watch, kisses with Kisara were cringe af though.
Sep 24, 2022 10:36 AM

May 2020
And they defeated that brocon little sister, which I still even after getting 3 whole episodes over her failed to figure for what reason the fight was even in the first place. Maybe just to show they can build the whole place up from the scratch even after some utter demolition.

Anyways glad we're over this, and there wasn't any SECOND COUR planned like few rumors were reporting.
Sep 24, 2022 10:37 AM

Dec 2020
Kanna and kisara are fighting each other and finally shuu risk his life to seal her but in the end she ended in shuu apartment and now they fighting each other over shu. I love it
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 24, 2022 10:46 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Kisara comes in to save Shuu from Kanna. He asks Kisara to capture her alive.
Now they have some demons to deal with also...
Shuu kisses Kisara! Kanna't isn't too happy...
But Kisara deflects her attack!
Shuu breaks Kanna's blade and with Kisara's next attack, they defeat her.
Ayano hugging Kisara was nice to see.
Kanna has been sealed away and Sharon is going back to the Abbey.
Kisara asks Shuu to tell her all of her memories over time.
And then we get a nice kissing scene! Of which is interrupted by Kanna being in the room also eating xD. Then Ayano enters the mix too lol.

I really enjoyed this show and it was fun watching it every Saturday!
Rem4lifexDSep 24, 2022 10:51 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 24, 2022 10:49 AM

Jun 2019
Thanks Ayano and Sharon for make this dumpsterfire at least a little enjoyable. Shu, Kisara and his little sister can go to hell. Three of the most annoying and poorly written characters that I had the displeasure to watch this year.
Sep 24, 2022 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
God this ending was trash. Kisara randomly back in Love with Shu and Shu continues to be a garbage Human being.

I thought the show honestly had potential half way through but it just stopped.

It was okay overall. But very forgettable

They also showed this group randomly Who are clearly somewhat important so...idk what that was all about

viniciust48 said:
Thanks Ayano and Sharon for make this dumpsterfire at least a little enjoyable. Shu, Kisara and his little sister can go to hell. Three of the most annoying and poorly written characters that I had the displeasure to watch this year.

Fucking preach
SoraSenpaiSep 24, 2022 11:01 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 24, 2022 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
Asmodeus the Mother Devil is still alive so season 2 might happen still

Kanna grows so fast she learned how to talk properly so fast too eh

Sharon is best girl though
Sep 24, 2022 11:04 AM

Aug 2018
wait a sec how did kisara got more power from shu to fight kanna if the contract with shu was terminated.

What a mess. Outright bad.
Sep 24, 2022 11:05 AM
Jan 2020
There has to be a split cour or S2 according to the rumor, this ending just feels like a cliffhanger telling you to read the source instead
Sep 24, 2022 11:07 AM
Feb 2022
Honestly i thought this show would be good but it just turned out to be mid in the end
Sep 24, 2022 11:12 AM
Apr 2022
Adorei! Adorei! Adorei! Adorei!
Sep 24, 2022 11:18 AM

Jun 2017
Ended way better than I thought it would, for how dumpster firery it started it shaped up to be something decent for an original imo.

If they do S2 I'll watch.
Sep 24, 2022 11:20 AM
Jun 2021
MegamiRem said:
All three of them fighting for Shu was hilarious. Needed more of Kanna, she sounds lovely voiced by Kitou Akari.

I liked the start of this anime but then it got quite mediocre and stayed that way. Was an okay watch, kisses with Kisara were cringe af though.
Yeah i wanna see her more since she only talk a little in this season. Maybe a slice of life OVA or a special to see more 3 of them fighting over Shu XD
Sep 24, 2022 11:23 AM

Jul 2015
For an anime to have quite a promising first half.. the 2nd half started meh and remained meh.. and this finale was no exception..
anyone else found the animation to be very stiff..

Its 6.5/10 at the very best imo I got my hopes up in between but the finale just proved that the anime really wasn't anything special.. also what the fuck is with that random colored hair group of characters.. a season 2?

Ya know.. I might not watch the sequel if it ever gets one.. cuz I know that it will also fall short like this season..

This anime is great for newbie anime watchers who haven't experienced that many harem ecchi shows..
Sep 24, 2022 11:29 AM

Jun 2021
Kisara the best waifu <3
Sep 24, 2022 11:40 AM

May 2013
With everything finally resolved, a happy ending especially for kisara but a bit bittersweet that she didn't get her memories back although shu said he will tell her every little detail what she forgot.
But looking at how kisara powered up just like that this episode I start to wonder if their contract was even needed. Instead of seeing her as nothing more than a weapon, shu actually could have treated her nicely from the beginning and he could have let kisara wipe the floor with every demon in bayron city without any sacrifice being made and kanna would have still awakened and getting safed in the end.
The contract bothered me from the beginning and as episode 11 showed there is basically an inifite number of hidden rules and alterations possible with it. But welp the kiss power-up up through love was the implied message in the very first episode so I take it that it made a proper return at the climax.
Enjoyed the show a lot for it's messed up and emotional romance filled with ntr and sloppy kisses. The story was intriguing although a bit trashy towards the end, shu & kisara's growing relationship and development was my highlight and I would kill to see more of them. Hopefully rumors are true and the special event in january announces a second season!
Sep 24, 2022 11:44 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
was a fine watch i guess.
6/10.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 24, 2022 11:45 AM

Jun 2022
All I have to say that this A-1 picture McDonald's disposable anime is indeed certified GARBAGE 🗿
Sep 24, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2012
And so Kanna is saved and...joins the love triangle...kinda? I dunno.

So yeah, as I said an hour ago in the final Lycoris Recoil discussion thread I tended to lump these two shows together in my mind. I watched them back to back most of the time and considered both average at best. Maybe it was this one dragging that one down because while my opinion has changed for the better in regards to Lycoris with this...it's still more or less the same. The love triangle nonsense was never anything other than grating. The action was okay, I guess. The story serviceable at best. I only wish the blue-haired girl whose name I never bothered to remember(much like the rest of the cast) had been the clear winner. She was FAR above the nun and pink-haired demon girl. Ah well, I doubt I'll remember having even watched this in no time flat. Generous 6/10.
Sep 24, 2022 12:10 PM
Jun 2021
I will be generous
That's why 5/10 for this show
Sep 24, 2022 12:33 PM
Dec 2021
This is great. I loved it, I absolutely Adore Ayano and Kisara, they are as lovely and beautiful as studying Mathematics, I love them so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope for a season 2.
Sep 24, 2022 12:37 PM
Aug 2017
SoraSenpai said:
God this ending was trash. Kisara randomly back in Love with Shu and Shu continues to be a garbage Human being.

They also showed this group randomly Who are clearly somewhat important so...idk what that was all about

viniciust48 said:

Fucking preach
That group are the characters inside the mobile game 'Engage Kill'. The ending felt underwhelming when I take into consideration their peak episodes and how well they executed the melodrama in the episodes preceding it.
Sep 24, 2022 12:55 PM
Mar 2020
Nice ending for this anime, liked it, would be nice to see second season of this, but probly won't happen.
Sep 24, 2022 1:04 PM

Sep 2020
So is there a second cour? I want to see more of them having arguments with each other, it's very funny and entertaining to watch! And the last part is also really hilarious.
Sep 24, 2022 2:42 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
No sex scene. L

A handful actually pretty good episodes/scenes, solid production quality, and Sharon are what boost this from a 3/10 to a 4/10 anime. The whole waifu war thing it seemed to be centred around was pretty cringe, but honestly that scene at the end there with the sister thrown into the mix was actually kind of funny. This was a generic and forgettable anime original, but I for one will still be watching season 2 should it ever come out one day. But if I could rewind time I would probably just never pick this up in the first place.

4/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 24, 2022 2:50 PM
Oct 2021
OMG Sharon got replaced by Shu's little sister. It was so funny how Shu and Kisara were kissing with Kanna in the room
Sep 24, 2022 2:51 PM

Sep 2018
A fitting ending for our lothario Shuu :-)

They really had me for a moment there thinking he'd actually get it on with Kisara after all this time.

Sharon trolling Ayano about spending the night with Shuu was a blast, and you know what, I wouldn't be surprised that they actually did.

And I love the idea that Kanna just casually escapes her prison on a regular basis to be with Shuu.

Miles having a spot next to Shuu's parents was a sweet touch, after all this show was really about what it means to be family. One way or another. For better or worse.

Pure trash of course, but one of my favourite shows of the season.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 24, 2022 3:08 PM

Oct 2020
i guess everything worked out in the end?

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Sep 24, 2022 3:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Great final episode, Shu somehow survived that massive hit from last episode and Kisara enters the fray to save the day, in an epic waifu battle Kanna is defeated and brought back to normal, somewhat lol. And I also really liked the scene of the demon hunting companies teaming up to defend the city, that was pretty wholesome. After all is said and done Sharon returns to the Abbey and Shu starts being lovey with Kisara even though her memories are still gone (rip best girl Ayano) and it’s revealed that Kanna frequently escapes prison to see her brother and she has entered the waifu war for Shu lol, and Ayano shows up to settle things but of course that just adds fuel to the fire lol, and we see Shu try to dive out the window as his room blows up and we end on a shot of the city and that slapping ED plays.

Out of the two A-1 series this season, I chose this one and even though I hear constant praise for Lycoris Recoil, I’m glad I went with this one, it was super fun. Really enjoyed the classic waifu war we got in this one, nothing like pink versus blue lol, and the plot itself was pretty engaging the whole way through, at no point did I find myself bored. And of course the art and animation always looked great, it made for some awesome fight scenes for sure, as well as high quality make out sessions lol. And I definitely enjoyed the characters, I liked Shu despite him being a bit generic, and of course the waifus were top notch, Kisara was great as well as Sharon, and I can’t forget my best girl Ayano. And the halca OP and the Nanawoakari ED slapped, the ED was especially a favorite, absolutely love that jam. Definitely loved this show, I’d watch another season if we ever get one for sure.

Also lol at all the hate this is getting here, it looked like people loved this on crunchyroll so it surprised me a bit, but I’m glad to see there are some others here that loved this like I did.
TheColonel76Sep 24, 2022 3:27 PM
Sep 24, 2022 3:48 PM

Jan 2016
Complicated feelings. Because some of the themes and story telling this is are just so fucking good and I mean really good.
Then the rest is a mess of trash humans continuing being trash even beyond the reason they were stated being trash for.

What was the point of Ayano in the story even? All she did was loose her boyfriend to a demon who sucked all the memories of her out of him so that he no longer had any feelings towards him
and suddenly it's all "Wow Kisara was so nice and gave him back all his emotions"? Why didn't Shu go back to having feelings for Ayano then? Why and how did Kisara fall in love with him again suddenly? Did he really sleep with the Nun after all of this?

Open-ended ending but man what the actual fuck, was Ayano's character created only for suffering? And knowing Japan, they'll eat it up, the fact that the show portrays Kisara as such an amazing character

I'll still give it a 6/10 because of amazing concepts, scenes, story parts and the animation
Sep 24, 2022 3:59 PM
Nov 2019
the most realist is the girl with potential and future fight for the biggest piece of shit of the show
Sep 24, 2022 4:18 PM

Jan 2021
Last battle between everyone vs Kanna was an nice moment, they all did well.

Shu reunited with Kanna and was happy, such an nice and peaceful moment.

Lmao Kanna escaping from underground to eat at Shu's house is hilarious.

I really hope there will be an S2 somewhere in the future.
Sep 24, 2022 4:42 PM

May 2021
Shu really just decided it was a good idea to kiss Kisara in front of his little sister who was traumatized from seeing his (mis)adventures with women. What a let-down. It wasn't that great but it would have been so much better to take the concept of the guy slowly losing his memories to its logical conclusion. Instead, not only does he have his memories but also his sister(tf was she even attacking for?), no consequences for using a demon.

Sep 24, 2022 4:51 PM
Aug 2022
Kind of expected more from the ending. Nothing extraordinary from it's ending.
Sep 24, 2022 4:56 PM

Jul 2017
Well final episode kinda underwhelming, 1st season feels like prologue rather than main story , we haven't meet Asmodeus in her full form, Abbey still targeting Kisara ( probably Kanna too ), I hope they make second season.

SoraSenpai said:

They also showed this group randomly
Who are clearly somewhat important so...idk what that was all about

They are playable character from the game Engage Kill

The gameplay looks fun, unfortunately it still on pre-registration

feratulSep 24, 2022 5:03 PM
Sep 24, 2022 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
I'll just say this show was better than my expectations and leave it at that.
Sep 24, 2022 5:30 PM
Aug 2021
Similar to the LycoReco, all those crazy and all over the place 13 episodes just for the final few minutes of peace (well… not exactly). I wonder why Kanna and Kisara switched knives tho.
Sep 24, 2022 5:34 PM
Aug 2019
I enjoyed this series quite a lot especially in the action and overall I think it's an ending pretty appropiate with it, but just wish they took another approach with Kanna instead of the typical "jealous little sister" lol. At least they can live together from now on(kinda) I hope. Wish Shu's mom got to actually do something as a villain though, that fast ending for her was so sad lol.
Sep 24, 2022 5:37 PM
Nov 2020
Great Ending!!!!
Sep 24, 2022 5:42 PM

Feb 2020
This is a great ending! I love it.
In my opinion, this show has better second half than LycoReco, hope the game will be good, I really want to play it!
8/10. Definitely my top 3 this season.
Sep 24, 2022 6:00 PM

Feb 2018
phew, ig that's a "good" ending. I remember back in episode 1 where I was laughing hard because of that makeout session, and it had another one in the end lol. I wonder if Kisara will be able to recover her memories if she does the kiss thing with Shuu again, though the way it ended seems like it won't work anymore but idk.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Sep 24, 2022 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
Well that was just as bad I expected. A boring ending for a 4/10 show. I was watching 19 shows this season and I think this just narrowly takes the honored position of worst anime this season.
Sep 24, 2022 6:54 PM

Feb 2020
Eh, kinda mid. You can tell this show is all just a big advertisement for the gacha game. I mean, I am kinda interested in trying the game though so I guess it did work. Meh ending, decent characters, A 6/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2022 7:25 PM

Nov 2019
Shocking how so many people think this show is even good, smh why can't Japan make a proper harem and stick to a single genre not tryna mesh fantasy to try and copy it's popular predecessors

Also Ayano or Sharon is miles better than Kisara (she ain't bad tho) but ofc first girl syndrome, and add another loli, a relative too, that will have zero chance, the absolute state of harem and romcoms romcringe

Muh memory, yeah before it's denseness now it's that to kill progress and retcon or justify things

1/10
Haunt88Sep 24, 2022 7:36 PM
Sep 24, 2022 7:27 PM

Feb 2021
Ngl the final scene with Shu's sister was pretty funny.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» will engage kiss get season 2 in this year or it is still not  confirmed by official sources

FL-SYNC - Mar 26, 2023

44 by TedysakVT »»
May 14, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

78 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

106 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Jan 31, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.