Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2022 11:13 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Lupin showing off on the roof with his roof tile shuriken jutsu, haha.

As usual per anime, the power of love trumps all.

Lupin's bonds to his crew overwrote the brainwashing. The items that belonged to his friends being in the brainwashed memories was also a nice touch.

In the end, Tomoe wasn't his mother, which is a relief both for the story and the overall Lupin franchise. We never find out what's in the box, and it's just for the best as Lupin says himself. And my head canon is that Lupin didn't technically kill Tomoe when he shot her, but it was Mattea who stabbed her a bunch right before she actually died.

Until the very end, Lupin and Tomoe were double and triple bluffing each other.

I would say that episode 23 was better than this one, but this episode still ended on an overall high note. There are some things I would have liked to see which didn't happen, like seeing another appearance of Sherlock Holmes, but it was fine. I just feel like this arc just ended a little too easily after the events of last episode, but I am not sure how else it could have played out. Thinking back on it, this was realistically the most probable way the arc was going to end.

I also really liked that it was Lupin who broke into the vault the first time and not Tomoe, and I should have seen that coming, I don't fully like how they made Tomoe act in the last episode, turning from a mysterious mastermind to just laughing maniacally like a lunatic.

In the end, everything remains the usual Lupin status quo, so that's no surprise. I would say this arc was better than the last arc, just because of episode 23's twist. But I still preferred seasons 4 and 5 to this season.

This season ended well enough though. It is sad to see another Lupin series end. We have no idea when another season will happen, but the sooner the better.
anime-primeMar 26, 2022 11:17 AM
Mar 26, 2022 11:22 AM

Jan 2012
And so we wrap up Part 6 in...okay fashion. I'll admit seeing several of the one or two-off characters again during the credits was nice. That said I gotta say, for the most part(heh) this Lupin season was just...kinda there for me in all honesty. Neither the Holmes nor Lupin's "mother" story arcs really did much for me. If I were to rank all of the Lupin Parts this would probably be near the bottom. I'll still give it a 7/10 though, and hope when we inevitably get Part 7 it can do a bit better of a job of capturing that Lupin magic when the franchise is at its best.
Mar 26, 2022 11:31 AM
Mar 2022
And thus Part 6 comes to an end. The final episode, like Part 6 in general, was... ok. Unfortunately it wasn't quite as good as episode 23 if you ask me but it was still fine nonetheless. Tomoe is not Lupin's mother and the series makes it quite clear that we will never know Lupin's roots with him burning the box. The episode does have a nice fight scene between Lupin and Mattea (it's hilarious to me that they finally have Lupin throw genuine punches as that rarely happens but he's beating the ever living shit out of a girl that's like 20 cms shorter and about 20kgs lighter than him, he looks like a drunk father who came back from work and takes it out on his 14 year old daughter). It also featured some nice moments between the gang as you would expect. Unfortunately it didn't really do anything to elevate the story if you ask me, it served as a fine conclusion to it but nothing more. The lack of Zenigata was also once again a huge issue, him being excluded from Lupin's subconscious is unacceptable and in general he was given NOTHING to do this whole part. I'm also a bit dissapointed that yet again they pulled the "Lupin is pretending to be down when he's secretly in control" thing, I was hoping I could see the gang pull him together (I mean they did but in his subconscious). Anyways, despite not having a killer ending the season 2 story is by far the highlight of the part, I loved the way it unfolded, it's twists worked (unlike in season 1) and I love that it wasn't a "Lupin saves the world" tale but rather a personal one. But Part 7 has a lot to improve on that's for sure. Till next time folks!
Mar 26, 2022 1:57 PM

Nov 2016
Enjoyable because it's Lupin, but episodic stuff wasn't as memorable as the best from Part I and II and IV and V were a different tier in how they switched up the formula.

See ya when Part 7 comes (hopefully)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2022 1:58 PM

Sep 2013
a mixed bag of a season,there were some really GREAT episodes in there and i want to say they saved the entire season but the rest was so forgettable i don't think its enough,like the two main arcs which were snoozefest,i'm just glad that in the finale arc the mystery around Lupin wasn't solved,its perfect like that but it made the arc feel like a waste of time ,the animation was really lacking Lupin deserves far better than that

Lupin being so niche these days i guess this will be the finale season and the master (may he rest in peace) not being with us anymore says it all but i might be wrong

if there's a new season popping up i'll come back because man do i love this cast

Deep dark fantasies
Mar 26, 2022 2:09 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
As it turns out, Tomoe wasn't Lupin's mom after all and it was all an elaborate scheme to control Lupin for herself. Luckily, Lupin's crew was there to help him snap out of it while still pretending to be under her control. Mattea still wanted to kill Lupin even thought he already killed Tomoe, but their fight ended in a draw when Zenigata was there to arrest her. Meanwhile, Lupin wanted to find the box that contained Lupin's origins so he went to the vault, but it was empty and contained a booby trap that kicked Lupin out. It seems that Tomoe had the box all along and he set the mansion on fire. Lupin took a good look at what was inside the box, but he didn't want to become a prisoner of the past so he tossed it into the fire keeping his past a mystery. As expected, he didn't need the box because what he needed was already here which was his crew.

Honestly, I prefer the second part over the Sherlock Homes one. The second part keep teasing us about Lupin's past while crafting a plot twist using the women we see Lupin encounter in the second part. We knew that they weren't going to reveal Lupin's past, but it was an interesting ride. I'll probably rewatch Part 6 again when the English dub came out.

I give Part 6 an 7/10.

I also herd that The Girl Called Fujiko Mine is on HiDive so I'm probably going to check that out next in terms of Lupin related content.
AddaeAkonoMar 26, 2022 8:09 PM
Mar 26, 2022 2:14 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
ropiel said:
a mixed bag of a season,there were some really GREAT episodes in there and i want to say they saved the entire season but the rest was so forgettable i don't think its enough,like the two main arcs which were snoozefest,i'm just glad that in the finale arc the mystery around Lupin wasn't solved,its perfect like that but it made the arc feel like a waste of time ,the animation was really lacking Lupin deserves far better than that

Lupin being so niche these days i guess this will be the finale season and the master (may he rest in peace) not being with us anymore says it all but i might be wrong

if there's a new season popping up i'll come back because man do i love this cast

Oh man, it would suck if this was the last we see of Lupin. I normally would think that a new installment of some kind would be a given, but the last movie we got being over two years ago (for a series that has gotten movies nearly every year, some years having multiple films. 2019 had 4 Lupin films. 4!) and there being no new Lupn movie in site has me a little nervous. But personally, I think there will still be more content down the line. Lupin has been going for 50 years. Why stop now? It's obviously been popular enough in Japan for TMS to keep pumping out content all this time, and the popularity outside Japan grows every year. I don't think we have anything to worry about on that front.

AddaeAkono said:

I also herd that The Girl Called Fujiko Mine is on HiDive so I'm probably going to check that out next in terms of Lupin related content.
It's very different from Lupin and is much more mature, so be forewarned. Good luck!
Mar 26, 2022 2:38 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
anime-prime said:
ropiel said:

Oh man, it would suck if this was the last we see of Lupin. I normally would think that a new installment of some kind would be a given, but the last movie we got being over two years ago (for a series that has gotten movies nearly every year, some years having multiple films. 2019 had 4 Lupin films. 4!) and there being no new Lupn movie in site has me a little nervous. But personally, I think there will still be more content down the line. Lupin has been going for 50 years. Why stop now? It's obviously been popular enough in Japan for TMS to keep pumping out content all this time, and the popularity outside Japan grows every year. I don't think we have anything to worry about on that front.

AddaeAkono said:

I also herd that The Woman Called Fujiko Mine is on HiDive so I'm probably going to check that out next in terms of Lupin related content.
It's very different from Lupin and is much more mature, so be forewarned. Good luck!

How Mature is The Woman Called Fujiko Mine compared to the other Lupin series?
AddaeAkonoMar 26, 2022 2:52 PM
Mar 26, 2022 2:45 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
AddaeAkono said:

How Mature is The Girl Called Fujiko Mine compared to the other Lupin series?
It's not even comparable. Lupin is family friendly, Fujiko is something you wouldn't want your family walking in on you watching, and not just because they think anime is weird. Just watch the OP on youtube, and you will get a good idea what to expect (the Japanese Opening).
Mar 26, 2022 5:34 PM
Apr 2009
After loving Part 4 and 5, I am pretty disappointed by this part.

I'd easily give those parts an 8/10 while this one would only get a 5/10 at best... I hope we get more of Lupin because even on a bad "part" the core cast is so strong that these character shine, they are timeless.
Mar 26, 2022 9:15 PM

May 2014
I feel I have to agree with some of the sentiments voiced on this board, Part 6 overall felt fairly weak. Production aside, I could not get into this arc much at all. Part 5 definitely was a high for me, but 6 has felt pretty lackluster. Awaiting for Lupin to return yet again in another story, one that I hope gets much better direction
Mar 27, 2022 12:07 AM

Mar 2019
Have mixed feelings on episode 24. On one hand there were a few enjoyable action scenes but the resolution ultimately fell flat. Sucks to see after the cool story set up in the previous episode.

The second arc was significantly better than the Holmes stuff. Not sure why they split the season like that given how good parts 4 and 5 season long story lines were. I really did not like the Holmes story.

Bums me to say this but this part was a big let down. Mixed bag in terms of the story. The stand-alone episodes weren't enjoyable outside of a few. And, I wasn't a fan of the visual style. The animation was mostly underwhelming.

Hopefully not too many people jumped on the Lupin train with this being their first one.
Mar 27, 2022 3:20 AM

Apr 2018
I hope for a new season soon.
Unfortunately, it will probably take 3 years or so.
Mar 27, 2022 4:12 AM

Sep 2007
I will be sure to remember only for Lupin, a bullet through the chest not to say heart given the location is nothing important. Mosquito bite hurts more.
Globally some stories and characters were enjoyable, over less but it was a good ride.
Mar 28, 2022 11:37 AM

Aug 2016
lupin becomes a blood-stained woman beater. kind of out-of-character but desperation calls for the extreme. the fight scenes were just terrible this part, the roof duel was probably the best all season and that's not saying much
I expected moriarty to make an appearance, his whole presence in the show was a half-assed tease, I can't figure out why they took the effort to include him at all.
as a big lupin fan this series was painfully average on pretty much every scale, the best episode might have been the paranormal oshii episode with the archangel.
Mar 29, 2022 5:27 PM

Dec 2017
I didn't like this season. The only episode I really fell in love with was episode 20 - two terrible women. The rest is either forgettable or frustrating to me, and I say this as a fan of Lupin III!

I really hope whatever comes next is better.
Apr 5, 2022 10:56 PM
Nov 2018
well that was an ending...the main stories of part 6 have been okay for me. probably the weakest entry out of parts 4-6. there were several solo episodes in part 6 that were very good, but the rest were alright. i'm still looking forward to whatever lupin has in the future though
Apr 10, 2022 2:58 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah, this is a step down from the previous parts.. especially because Part 5 came closest to what was imho the perfect Lupin season and a general milestone for the genre. Not sure where 6 will slot in overall, but def. in the lower half - after all, Part 3 still exists :P
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 26, 2022 8:40 PM
Jan 2018
7 out of 10 for me if I rate this season. I would have preferred standalone episodes for the first 12 eps without Holmes and then Tomoe stuff for the second 12 eps. I place part V up there with Bepop and Brotherhood as 10/10 storytelling, even if it had some flaws. This season wasn't better than the Jigen VA send off episode.

But I enjoyed the darkness Tomoe brought to the series. I wish Tomoe got the full Norio Wakamoto evil villain experience, but I can live with what we got. Individual eps of this season will definitely stick with Lupin fans for a while.
Jun 8, 2022 4:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So he was faking the whole thing, it's not surprising from him, though now that Tomoe is dead I wanted to know what's inside the box and know more of Lupin's origins but well we'll never know. Pretty good way to end this part, the last 3 eps were the best ones.
Jul 5, 2022 3:34 PM

Dec 2017
Nidhoeggr said:
Yeah, this is a step down from the previous parts.. especially because Part 5 came closest to what was imho the perfect Lupin season and a general milestone for the genre. Not sure where 6 will slot in overall, but def. in the lower half - after all, Part 3 still exists :P

After many months of thinking I think this season should have been all about the standalone episodes and not the two overarching plots. We had some great hits like the Angel episode or the 1930's episodes (kinda reminded me of Raidou Kuzunoha) that were hits. The rest... eh.
Jul 9, 2022 8:49 AM

Feb 2012
I couldn't have hoped for a better solution, it all made sense and in the end maybe I prefer the backstory to be ambiguous, especially since they emphasized how the present gang is more important anyway. I didn't see it so much as "friendship conquers all" type of ending but rather the meaning, reiterated in Lupin's words to Mattea, was that you are in control of your destiny, and it's possible to overcome teachings of the past by focusing on what we have at hand. In Lupin's case it's his gang and the jobs he sees ahead. It also served as a kind of explanation for the whole franchise, why many things are left open, character motivations and behaviours changing episode to episode.

Lupin killing Tomoe was a bit of a shock since we so rarely see this side of him. Also his fight with Mattea was rare; I can't remember many instances in anime where a woman is hit, even when she's aggressive, and even rarer is to see the main hero do it. Maybe it happens more in some genres I don't watch, but not in Lupin.

Overall the first cour wasn't that great, mostly because I found the Holmes arc underwhelming. The one-offs were a mixed bag, some of them good, but many of them were too focused on exposition instead of things actually happening. When a story is only one episode long, it can't really afford to spend a third or more of the runtime on exposition.

The second cour handled this much better, and exposition was handled better to enhance the mystery of the main arc instead of just giving background information.

This summer it's been 10 years since I started on this franchise and I never thought I'd watch all of the series. I still haven't seen most of the movies or the specials, so maybe I'll continue with them. It's sad to think this is the end for now, but I'm sure the gang will return one day.
Oct 15, 2022 11:20 PM

Mar 2014
Not enough Moriarty :(

Main villain was just a crazy yandere from Lupin's childhood
Nov 11, 2022 6:19 AM

Mar 2009
This season was nowhere near as good as Part 5. The storyline just wasn't very interesting.Then again, hard to live up to the sublime Part 5.

On a side note, I swear, they made Fujiko's breasts even bigger this season.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 6 Episode 4 Discussion

zamandzoe - Nov 6, 2021

34 by Danish »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 6 Episode 10 Discussion

anime-prime - Dec 18, 2021

36 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 2, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 6 Episode 2 Discussion

anizawa89 - Oct 23, 2021

27 by Shadowmon »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 6 Episode 1 Discussion

FMmatron - Oct 16, 2021

36 by AnneKoen »»
Oct 2, 2023 3:20 AM

» Does the modern seasons have nudity like in the old days?

Unleashed_SM - Oct 23, 2022

3 by MeVike »»
Oct 23, 2022 7:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.