Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
SHAMAN KING
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2022 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
Yoh a killer like look on his face but this episode also had its intense energy beyond just his character.

Not going to lie, I feel like Yoh takes on any challenge without backing down whether it would take him to hell or not. Gandhara definitely has some sort of dark motive...
Feb 4, 2022 12:42 AM
Feb 2021
Intense... so intense...
Desperate situation right here, seems like no way out. I already forgot the manga story, so I can feel the urge what's going to happen next week despite this desperation.

Battle scene animated beautifully. Perfect bgm, pace, and voice acting easily put this episode on score 9.5/10
Feb 4, 2022 4:36 AM
Oct 2019
Okay, Yohken vs Yoh was entertaining...
Feb 4, 2022 6:32 PM

Jul 2016
Jeez... how many more times will these kids have to die in this show?
Feb 4, 2022 9:19 PM

Oct 2009
Kinda getting tired of being jerked back and forth on the emotional rollercoaster ride, like, every other minute. I get that it's a thing, I get that the manga's been speedrun from the start, but it's just... idk, there's zero time for anything to settle or properly unfold (or even happen), and it's rather exhausting at this point. And yeah everyone's dying but then not but then yes but then not again... things meant to be upsetting with the abruptness or the grandeur, but they fail because the shtick's lost its edge.
Feb 5, 2022 3:18 AM

Feb 2014
yellowheartren said:
Kinda getting tired of being jerked back and forth on the emotional rollercoaster ride, like, every other minute. I get that it's a thing, I get that the manga's been speedrun from the start, but it's just... idk, there's zero time for anything to settle or properly unfold (or even happen), and it's rather exhausting at this point. And yeah everyone's dying but then not but then yes but then not again... things meant to be upsetting with the abruptness or the grandeur, but they fail because the shtick's lost its edge.

There's also the fact that after Yoh dropped the tournament it seems like everyone started to accept Hao would win it either way, rendering it pointless. When I watched the first instance of this show I loved it, but what we were shown here has a terrible and rushed writing, and only the latter is excusable because it isn't taking the manga's pace in consideration. This remake is one of the worst stories I've ever watched.
Feb 5, 2022 4:10 AM

Apr 2015
So with only ten episodes left, and a lot still left to cover, a thought entered my head that horrified me. This anime isn't planning on ending where the original manga did, is it? Because that ended abruptly with no conclusion.
Feb 5, 2022 4:13 AM
Sep 2014
curvedtree said:
There's also the fact that after Yoh dropped the tournament it seems like everyone started to accept Hao would win it either way, rendering it pointless. When I watched the first instance of this show I loved it, but what we were shown here has a terrible and rushed writing, and only the latter is excusable because it isn't taking the manga's pace in consideration. This remake is one of the worst stories I've ever watched.

The writing actually was really great in the manga, but it really relied on all those moments being properly drawn out, which is not the case with this pacing and it really hurts the story.

SmashTheOni said:
So with only ten episodes left, and a lot still left to cover, a thought entered my head that horrified me. This anime isn't planning on ending where the original manga did, is it? Because that ended abruptly with no conclusion.

The manga actually got conclusion, additional volume was released a few years ago, I'm assuming they are going to cover it too. Which is actually worrying with just 10 episodes left...

Anyway, we've got to the point of the story when they are referencing Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru which is giving me nerdgasms by itself, so at least that is one good thing.
Feb 5, 2022 5:30 AM

Apr 2015
apokaliz500 said:

The manga actually got conclusion, additional volume was released a few years ago, I'm assuming they are going to cover it too. Which is actually worrying with just 10 episodes left...
Yeah, I've read the actual finale. I'm just remembering when my heart sank the first time around.

Either way, centering the entire anime around the episode placement of Osorezan Revoir, as much as I love it, was probably a bad idea
Feb 5, 2022 5:44 AM
Sep 2014
Yeah, I've read the actual finale. I'm just remembering when my heart sank the first time around.

Either way, centering the entire anime around the episode placement of Osorezan Revoir, as much as I love it, was probably a bad idea

Honestly I don't know. Buthering THAT arc feels like even worse idea to me.
apokaliz500Feb 5, 2022 6:19 AM
Feb 5, 2022 7:39 AM

Jul 2017
The battle of Yoh vs. Yohken...was fine, just like the other many battles showcased so far in the last few months.

As for the Gandhara's mission to release the Spirit of Fire back to whence it came from (the 5 Warriors), the Patch Tribe officiant Namari is netural in his stance, if nothing is done then Hao and his followers will easily get what they asked for.

Even in Hell, Yoh's spirit is being tested as part of a great trial, the same way that Chocolove did before...and the 5 Warriors are back in Hell (at least for Chocolove being yet again) for the exact same thing.

Marco, Ave Marco. To protect Tamao and Manta from Anahol, and Hao relaying the message that the X-Laws have all been wiped out...saving the 5 Warriors destined to defeat Hao is the only resolution left.
Feb 5, 2022 4:07 PM

Feb 2014
apokaliz500 said:
curvedtree said:

The writing actually was really great in the manga, but it really relied on all those moments being properly drawn out, which is not the case with this pacing and it really hurts the story.

I'm criticising the adapted screenplay because I was talking about the anime, this anime and the manga don't have the same writing, the former is bad because it is rushed.

Nevertheless, the manga story is also bad, not because it is rushed, but because it is bad in itself. So the anime has only one problem, and it managed to make worst something that was already bad.

That's why Shaman King was only popular early on and it isn't remember in the same regard as other mangas from the late 90's early 2000's.
Feb 5, 2022 4:43 PM

Jan 2009
the training in hell of the 5 chosen warriors continues

will Marco die though
Feb 5, 2022 6:42 PM
May 2018
SmashTheOni said:

With ten episodes left they would need to adapt around 6 chapters per episode to cover the entire manga and since this and the previous episode adapted 7 chapters each they're definitely going to cover the whole thing.
Feb 6, 2022 7:47 AM

Oct 2009
curvedtree said:
Nevertheless, the manga story is also bad, not because it is rushed, but because it is bad in itself. So the anime has only one problem, and it managed to make worst something that was already bad.

That's why Shaman King was only popular early on and it isn't remember in the same regard as other mangas from the late 90's early 2000's.

Imagine getting a second chance twenty years later and instead of taking it as an opportunity to right the wrongs, they just make even more of a piecemeal of it. And this with the original mangaka on board somewhere or other in the production. My heart weeps. =/
And indeed, the fact that everyone's basically given up kinda pulled the entire rug out from under everyone's feet. Which can be felt too, the fight's barely shown or even talked about anymore.
yellowheartrenFeb 6, 2022 7:50 AM
Feb 7, 2022 5:21 PM
Mar 2021
curvedtree said:
apokaliz500 said:

I'm criticising the adapted screenplay because I was talking about the anime, this anime and the manga don't have the same writing, the former is bad because it is rushed.

Go watch Demon Slayer🤡
Feb 10, 2022 6:57 AM

Oct 2017
Marco might actually die given the situation.
Mar 9, 2022 3:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At this point the shaman king tournament will be held in hell lol
May 30, 2022 3:09 PM
May 2020
I’ve been so excited that the final episodes dropped in the US but so far this has been a bore. I hate that everyone is dying and coming back to life. The shaman tournament has also been very boring. I just feel like everyone is also getting random power ups every couple episodes. But I’ll still keep watching since I’ve come this far
Jun 11, 2022 2:27 PM

Oct 2018
This episode had (possibly by accident) one of the funniest moments. We cut to this guy chilling in an open plain with Tamao and Manta, and I don't quite remember what happened in their last scene. Then he says, "I didn't expect that raccoon dog to protect you with his ballsack just before the explosion," which is a sentence that will not be doppelgangered for a long time. And then he adds, "too bad the others couldn't be saved, though," and I'm like, Oh...oh yeah, dead people. I guess that's why Manta and Tamao look distraught.
May 22, 2023 5:17 AM

Dec 2007
maybe it's due the fast pace, but this whole story feels too much artificial.
everyone talking about "dying" and "resurrection" like it's eating cheese. being death in shaman kind becoming much less a deal than in dragon ball.

and the shaman battles don't feel that interesting anymore.

i want this anime to end already . . .
User-NameMay 22, 2023 5:21 AM
Jul 20, 2023 12:02 AM
Jul 2023
frankly these patch guys are the shadiest of them all. and I agree with something Yoh said a while ago. why go through all the fight if everything is already predetermined??
Nov 16, 2023 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
Ghandara's plan is in motion, the 5 warriors are all sent to their own hells. Second time round for Chocolove though. Will he keep is eyesight next time he makes it back to the land of the living, though?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 17, 7:07 AM
May 2017
Everything is going on to fast and the you 'get what you give' message is misused here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2022

64 by almightybismarck »»
Jun 24, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 51 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

27 by almightybismarck »»
Jun 24, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2022

27 by almightybismarck »»
Jun 24, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2022

28 by almightybismarck »»
Jun 23, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 48 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

29 by almightybismarck »»
Jun 23, 6:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.