Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
As desperate as this fight felt, it's cool to see Teruto keep his cool and kept on fighting regardless the odds against him.

Actually flet bad for Kikka and all the shit she's been through in these latest episodes. This was pretty much an episode that resolves her arc but wih Season 2 coming, I'm expecting bigger threats.
Dec 25, 2021 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
The climax of the Build-Divide match between Teruto and Kikka, and Teruto all the while, even under pressure, has maintained his cool. Kikka, having seen the light, admits her defeat while in the midst of the enemy taking advantage of her dream at the very beginning to use her as a vessel.

Enjo facing his father who's the mastermind of it all, the external battle's just begun. Teruto becomes the new offering while Neo Kyoto takes a paradigm shift for the worse.

Crunchyroll, I'm feeling a bit OCD because of your subs quality, especially during the ReBuild battles. Please fix it.

Expect even higher stakes for the 2nd Cour, dubbed Code White #FFFFFF, coming in Spring next year.
Dec 25, 2021 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
Be interesting to see if this gets a green lit for a second season. It's been fairly enjoyable. They've set up for more to come, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Dec 25, 2021 10:49 AM
Seasonal watcher

Oct 2017
Who's the girl at the end? Kikka? Hiyori?
Dec 25, 2021 11:24 AM
Nov 2020
A hype episode. Onestly this is one favorite anime în this year. Teruto is very badass and Op and I am hype for 2 season.
Dec 25, 2021 11:29 AM

Jan 2021
Ultimately I walk away feeling very 50/50 about Build Divide, but this last episode was good enough to at least end it on a high note and not a bitter note.

I definitely wish the story had gone in a much different direction, however. The side cast is criminally underused and it felt like the pseudo-deathmatch aspect of the rebuild tournament wasn't used at all. There were no real stakes with Teruto as he just gambled away all his chips for no downside and, ultimately, never lost outside of a flashback. It made the battles too predictable. Teruto's arc also comes straight out of nowhere.

Really, all I'm saying is, clean up the middle of the show. Absolutely no excuse for how much padding for time there was.
Dec 25, 2021 11:36 AM
May 2021
Ellenwitch said:
Be interesting to see if this gets a green lit for a second season. It's been fairly enjoyable. They've set up for more to come, so we'll just have to wait and see.
FYI this is a 2 cour anime. The 2nd cour will air Spring 2022 and is titled as the "2nd Season".
Dec 25, 2021 12:31 PM

Feb 2019
XO2HKIM said:
Ellenwitch said:
FYI this is a 2 cour anime. The 2nd cour will air Spring 2022 and is titled as the "2nd Season".

Not to mention this show is to essentially advertise this card game. I doubt it will get an actual second series after the second cour.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Dec 25, 2021 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
XO2HKIM said:
Ellenwitch said:

Ah thank you. Didn't know as I actually only started this, this week lol. So I've been out of that loop.
Dec 25, 2021 1:08 PM
Apr 2017
Good finale, looking forward to season 2. Entertaining season 1 overall.
Dec 26, 2021 12:29 PM

May 2009
So Teruto will be antagonist of S2 and Kikka or Hiyori will be protagonist.
Dec 26, 2021 1:09 PM

Oct 2014
Felt kind of fun seeing a Yu-Gi-Oh rip off with phrases like "Turn End" and such I haven't heard in years that used to see weekly as a kid ^^
It was kind of decent overall and Sakura's death in the penultimate episode was especially brutal given how Hiyori and Teruto reacted to it which I didn't expect from this series.

OP was an absolute banger
EGOIST <3
Dec 28, 2021 11:54 AM

Nov 2009
From the feel of it...

The roles will be reversed, where the brother will now be the "evil" and the sister "good", LOL

Bet if there's a 3rd season, it will be reversed again, and thus a never-ending loop.

Still not sure about that Ishinome guy tho... he seems to be somewhat neutral that works for the "evil" but helps the "good"... hmm...

(I mean, a person that saves the innocent baby chick Hiyori can't be that bad right? lol)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 28, 2021 9:36 PM

Oct 2008
so S2 would be code white since the hexadecimal color code is FFFFFF...nice
5/5.
7/10.

Dec 31, 2021 7:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So as expected Teruto beat the king (Kikka) and took her place as the CPU (so he had to "disappear" this way, kinda sad as an ending), especially that we also got Enjo's fighting against Mario (basically his father) against that whole organization but still ended up in that weird form appearance in Neo Kyoto with an unknown character form (which might be the main character of the next cour)... a king of Sakura x Kikka re-united? I'm curious, that's why I'll be looking forward to seeing the next season, that was not bad for a TCG to be honest even with a very basic game basis and plot settings they still managed to do something decent, 6/10
Jan 4, 2022 7:39 AM

Apr 2015
The industry insists on churning out sequels to uninspiring shows these days.

Actually better than what I expected overall, but the gimmicky concept just rendered taking this seriously impossible. 4-5/10
Jan 12, 2022 8:31 PM

Jul 2009
Eh... I honestly would have just preferred a cheesy happy ending.. guess they want to touch more on the neo Tokyo thing.. I mean I guess it's cool we'll get to see some new cards but like... idk if I can be as invested for the second season.. the air of mystery and flashy cards+bgm was what attracted me for the first season and now we understand the premise too much..

Who knows though, maybe they'll surprise us with a new interesting cast and cards.
May 8, 2022 7:19 AM
Sep 2021
The ending of this series was OK for me, a solid story series I could say excluding the card fights. I expect the card fights to be more versatile and thrilling but it is ok. Interested for next season and also teruto won the match against kikka.

I give this episode and the overall series I.e, season 1 a 6/10.
Jun 5, 2022 8:34 PM

Aug 2021
They were hard battles for Kikka and Naomitsu, where they were confronted in their past, something that cost them to overcome but the experiences gave them strength, Hiyori has already arrived in Teruto.
Jul 10, 2022 8:16 AM

Feb 2014
Sincerely, the only episodes I could say I truly enjoyed was the match against the kouhai (Hiyori) and the beach episode xD
In general, the matchs were very boring and the plot/story unispiring.
Sakura and Hiyori were likeable, they were the ones who were able to keep me watching until the end.

This anime reminded me of WixOss.

Gonna give a chance for CodeWhite since it was the one I was looking forward (girls only is a plus in my opinion), also because people said it is overall better than CodeBlack.

Thankfully, at least nothing in special annoyed me in this anime xD It is just average at best anime; kinda bad.
Kikka were some times cringy though "Teruto... Teruto~~" *melting*~~ lol xD

4/10
TechOtakuJul 10, 2022 8:38 AM
Aug 22, 2022 2:10 AM

Jul 2015
Defeating Kikka with her own stolen card from years ago, Teruto got no chill. Decent series overall but still curious to see how s2 is going to unfold now that Teruto got caught and Hiyori and Kikka are going to be the protagonists.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2021

8 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 22, 2022 1:47 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

12 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 22, 2022 1:32 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2021

10 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 22, 2022 1:17 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2021

21 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 21, 2022 3:11 PM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2021

17 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 21, 2022 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.