Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2021 5:28 AM

Jun 2019
The prince is an interesting character for sure. Still can't put my trust in him just yet. Also, the Bishop has an attitude problem but Menel handles him well. His daughter, Anna is cute tho. But, he's not a bad guy and that's all that William is always worried about.

Willaim continues to make new allies. Reystov looks like a nice guy. Also, William looks good in his knight drip.
Dec 18, 2021 6:42 AM

May 2020
So Will's officially a Paladin now, receiving knighthood from the ruler of Southmark, Elthelbald himself. He did came a long way, gaining new companions to having both the prince and bishop of the kingdom willing to put their trusts on him.

With this onto the beast woods now, in search of demon leader.
Dec 18, 2021 7:57 AM

Jul 2017
The conflict between William and Prince Elthelbald of Southmark is quite unnerving because of the ego problem of rulers like Bishop Bagley and the prince himself. But William chooses to be humble before Elthelbald himself with the blessings of Gracefeel of being a high priest. Also, Ethelbald is quite the snarkly character to confront Bagley which disapproves of William, and the prince bestows the Paladin position to him, fully knowing the consequences.

Bishop Bagley thankfully is a sound man that has to just put up with the crown prince's whims, and though he may look fierce, he's really dedicated to the Church's divine work, and now with taking William in as a proper novice in preparations for what lies ahead. The foolish William knows that, and still rather presses ahead knowing the life and death mission of Beast Woods.

While everyone rejects knowing the low-pay, high-risk rewards, people like Reystov the Penetrator are just what William and Menel need to traverse through this hellhole of an adventure with the Wvvern Killer, now the leader in search of the demons in Beast Woods. Bee has quite the history with Reystov, documenting his heroic stints that amount to nothiingness with the same wash, rinse, repeat function.

The official Paladin position bestowed from Ethelbald to William, he's now The Faraway Paladin of Southmark. Nice to see how much we've seen the journey of William from the begnning to now.

Reystov is an interesting guy, kinda like his character already. Still though, a nice episode to wrap how William got the show's title itself.
Dec 18, 2021 8:01 AM

Mar 2013
The animation was kind of sloppy again but I did enjoyed every last bit of this episode.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 18, 2021 8:04 AM

Feb 2019
the scene after Will asks about the Evening Prayer. for some reason I get the feeling of de javu from it.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Dec 18, 2021 8:21 AM
Sep 2015
The hottest character in this anime finally appeared: Reystov

Now give him more role please! And more service!
Dec 18, 2021 8:42 AM
Jul 2021
Definitely one of my favorite episodes, I really like the crown prince now and the Reystov is dope, can't wait to see how badass he is. So bummed only one episode left. Oh is that going to be his legit sword or was that just ceremonial since he has badass weapons?
Dec 18, 2021 9:27 AM

Jul 2009
Holy Shit!

An integrated and competent clergyman
bruh
Dec 18, 2021 9:46 AM
Jun 2021
menel definitely has a crush on will at this point
Dec 18, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2021
Will is now officially a paladin! His clothes are now much prettier than the last.
asdasdsadad
Dec 18, 2021 10:21 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know why but a track or two early in the episode made me feel like playing Utawarerumono again, felt reminiscent of it. Animation wasn't amazing as usual, but the episode built somewhat to a nice moment at the end with Will being the official Paladin now. He pulls off the uniform well despite the babyface.
Dec 18, 2021 12:35 PM

Sep 2009
DKDiabloLicht said:
Definitely one of my favorite episodes, I really like the crown prince now and the Reystov is dope, can't wait to see how badass he is. So bummed only one episode left. Oh is that going to be his legit sword or was that just ceremonial since he has badass weapons?

There are 2 episodes left actully. It was a 10th one.
Dec 18, 2021 12:39 PM
Jul 2021
Nachtwandler_21 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

There are 2 episodes left actully. It was a 10th one.

Oh yeah forgot this had a week 7.5 episode, and mixed it up with two of the other shows that are about to end. Senpai, MT, and I think Banished is ending after one more episode too. Oh WFA too
Dec 18, 2021 12:42 PM

Mar 2015
This episode felt like an hour long from how boring it was, I almost fell asleep
Dec 18, 2021 1:06 PM

Sep 2009
DKDiabloLicht said:

Oh yeah forgot this had a week 7.5 episode, and mixed it up with two of the other shows that are about to end. Senpai, MT, and I think Banished is ending after one more episode too. Oh WFA too

Banished Hero aslso has 2 eps left as it has 13 total.
Dec 18, 2021 2:08 PM

Jan 2020
Probably one of the best episodes, definitely some good ideology thrown around here. I know the animation isn't that great, but I honestly didn't mind considering I've seen much worse. Nothing really felt off. 8/10
Dec 18, 2021 4:03 PM

Sep 2015
lona_catee said:
This episode felt like an hour long from how boring it was, I almost fell asleep

I procrastinated trying to finish this episode lol, I think it took me 2 hours to finish it, having to constantly pause it and tab out and browse around.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 18, 2021 4:08 PM

Sep 2015
Well damn... I just find this cliche, felt like nothing happened honestly.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 18, 2021 4:12 PM

Aug 2020
Everytime I watch an episode, it just finishes so quickly. Will is finally promoted to a paladin knight. That was a great development for the story. Nice nice episode.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 18, 2021 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
Will has achieved great things as a knight which is a good choice for him just because of his abilities in general was an episode with a lot of debate or conversation.
Dec 18, 2021 6:07 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, so the crown prince used all the stern talk with Will to fulfill all his amusement toward the young man from an unknown place that somehow become really popular after he snapped the Wyvern neck. Even if the negotation touch the hardness point, he still giving out a suggestion to appointed him as a Paladin, and kinda approve Will demand to sent army toward the Beastwood.

On my surprise, the rude Bishop march in and also aggreed to help Will cleared his objection. Will also met with the Bishop daughter, and had a quality talks to with her, while Menel had a good fight with the big man. Even though that big man had a very annoying habit, never appeared to make a pray and blessing in front of the public, and always used his rudeness to accelerate all development affair with the public, at least as the same high priest as Will, he's pretty kind to the dimwit like him, which was pretty wholesome scene to witness...

In short, Will really become the faraway paladin, able to recruit more powerful adventurers, his private army, to help him liberate the Beastwood from the demon side, and i really looking forward to see the fight between the Penetrator and the Paladin. By how the pace proceed on this episode, i feel like i can see the Beastwood liberation and happiness from all the suffering by the end of this first season. After then, idk what else will happening to Will's journey....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 19, 2021 12:25 AM

Oct 2017
Will's negotiation went well thnx to Bishop Bagley and he's a much more impressive guy than I initally thought. Also Will got a powerful ally, Reystov. Finally Will became a Knight and we even got the title drop.
Dec 19, 2021 2:32 AM

May 2021
He said it, he said the the thing!!!

Pretty good episode (one of the better ones so far), one thing this show has it going is the dialogue (in that it's more consistent that other things at least).
Dec 19, 2021 5:22 AM
Sep 2015
The animation took a big hit last two episodes, I hope they can close the series high.

The development in this episode was OK, looking forward to the raid on Beast Woods.
Dec 19, 2021 6:20 AM

Jan 2018
So Bishop Bagley isn't a totally abhorrent person.

Reystov seems like an interesting guy. Good on Will for finding a new party member even if it may be temporary.

The Paladin got knighted? Interesting.
Dec 19, 2021 9:13 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
The most amusing part of this episode to me was William saying the title of the show. Now, I can't stop thinking about Suicide Squad because of that, screw you memes.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 19, 2021 2:03 PM

Mar 2010
Twas kinda meh, I can't think much of what was interesting.. I mean he was knighted and met some burly dude.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 19, 2021 6:51 PM

May 2015
I really don't know why I keep thinking this will get better.
Dec 20, 2021 3:16 AM

Oct 2008
billybub said:
I really don't know why I keep thinking this will get better.

well i got sleepy through-out the entire ep...
3/5.

Dec 20, 2021 8:16 AM

Jul 2014
A slow but decent episode. Reystov seems another interesting addition to the cast, and it seems both Bagley and the crown prince aren't exactly as they first seemed. Just a shame we only have two more episodes left, not least because a lot of that will probably end up being spent on hunting down and slaying the demons in Beast Woods.
Dec 20, 2021 11:35 AM

Feb 2015
This episode is the very definition of spinning wheels. 10 episodes in and the story is going knowhere. Slow pacing is all well and good but we only have a couple of episodes left.
Dec 20, 2021 12:46 PM

May 2021
I liked how the fedback Reystov with the bard, the recruit part and the ending were kind of meh, but the world building around the bishop add some spice to what comes next. The series is way too slow, not necessarily a bad thing but it feels quite constrained by the amount of dialogue in comparison to the amount of advancement

Dec 20, 2021 4:40 PM

Jun 2021
It's the little things in this show that make it so good. The obsessive attention to detail the novel's author must have had. They appear to be well studied and well read about paladins and actual knights. But, then again, I have heard they are a big tabletop nerd, so I guess that makes sense.

Seems other people don't enjoy a slow burn quite as well as I do, which I suppose is why we so many Pop Isekai every season which try to boil the source material down into only the most action filled scenes.

But, I for one, love that we got 3 isekai this season that were willing to take their time with their stories, Mushoku, Assassin-Isekai, and this. Although, unfortunately, this does seem to be the worst of the three, tho I do rank it highly. Even if it doesn't get a new season, out of those 3, it is the one I'm most likely to pick up the novels of first.

Also, I have to say, but the Bishop's daughter Anna and Mr. The Penetrator Reystov might as well be the reincarnations of Mary and Blood. A lot of similarities there and I wonder if Will will ever touch on that in his inner monologue.
Dec 21, 2021 8:49 PM
Sep 2008
With the recent episodes I have been using them as a way to get myself to sleep.
Dec 22, 2021 8:12 AM

Dec 2016
It's 10 episodes now but still no climax. It's the most slow paced 12 episodes anime I have ever watched.

The pace they're following is good for a 2 cour anime. At some point I thought it was 24 episodes long until I checked and saw it's listed as 12 episodes.

It's gonna be fine and will make sense if they announce a second season when the first season ends.

Bishop's daughter looks so much like Violet Evergarden here XD
Rickydory123Dec 22, 2021 8:15 AM
Dec 23, 2021 4:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmmm well seems like it's better than I thought for the "conflict" against the prince, William is now officially a paladin, Reystov is also joining the group he's pretty interesting, I like how they interacted together with Bee xD
Dec 24, 2021 9:04 AM

Apr 2015
Really bland, like reading a textbook
Jan 1, 2022 3:52 AM

Jun 2021
lona_catee said:

This anime is soooooo boring, i will watch the last episodes and bye.

6/10 or 5/10. Really dissapointed with this anime.
Feb 6, 2022 3:22 AM

Dec 2013
Love that title drop at the end but this anime does feel frustratingly slow.
Feb 6, 2022 6:16 AM
Apr 2021
When they were doing the knighting ceremony, all I could think about was hot potato due to them passing the sword around.
Mar 27, 2022 1:16 PM
Dec 2019
It was cool seeing the ceremony where Will becomes a Paladin. His new uniform looks nice and he made a new ally.
Jul 27, 2022 5:14 AM

Jun 2021
The bishop definitely turned out to not be what I expected. The guy seemed like a greedy corrupt old fart but he’s actually a really good guy. And he’s quite smart too. Never judge a book by its cover I suppose.

Glad to see Will officially becoming a Paladin. I wonder how he’ll do in his new role. Lots of adventures coming up.
Aug 25, 2022 12:16 PM
Jun 2020
it got boring after the first few episodes
Apr 29, 2023 8:27 PM

Mar 2014
And that's how I became the Faraway Paladin.

Roll credits folks, show's over!
Oct 17, 2023 9:27 PM

Nov 2011
William finally promoted from "warrior priest" to full titled Paladin
Dec 2, 2023 9:54 PM
Dec 2022
So finally Will gets knighted and becomes a paladin. Would be interesting to see how this new character Restov is like in the party.
Mar 13, 4:06 AM

Dec 2022
That knighting scene was janky, to say the least. The repetitive, stiff animation while Will was sheathing and unsheathing his sword about three times was already jarring to watch — but then it was followed up with the prince tapping him on the shoulder with the blade another three times, once again with the same repeated animation.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

87 by Rohtendo »»
May 15, 9:22 PM

» They Ruined One of my Favorite Scenes in Manga (Spoilers)

FigJim - Jul 7, 2022

12 by Amatsukaze24 »»
May 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Illyricus - Sep 27, 2021

119 by MrMjoez1 »»
Mar 19, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.