Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2010 7:06 PM

Jul 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
YAY! We finally get to the fight against the Demon Guards!

Apr 3, 2010 7:23 PM

Jul 2006
The filler segments are murdering this arc. =\

Apr 3, 2010 8:03 PM

Dec 2009
It's far better than catching up and just having full filler episode
Apr 3, 2010 8:39 PM

Jul 2006
ninkendo said:
They could have easily done this arc with minimal filler stuff, and then have a few filler eps dedicated to Buggy, and call them "Buggy's and Mr.3's Escape from Impel Down".

Honestly, and I remember when filler in the actual episodes were decent, this is just killing it.

Apr 3, 2010 8:43 PM

Oct 2007
They're still not done with that crap yet?

And yeah I agree I'd rather have a full episode or two of filler crap then have it spread out across dozens of episodes just runing the mood and flow of the episodes
Apr 3, 2010 10:09 PM

Aug 2007
ugh that was only ten to 15 pages what the hell? they might as well made this a whole filler episode.
Apr 3, 2010 10:44 PM

Jul 2007
Justicles said:
ninkendo said:
They could have easily done this arc with minimal filler stuff, and then have a few filler eps dedicated to Buggy, and call them "Buggy's and Mr.3's Escape from Impel Down".

Honestly, and I remember when filler in the actual episodes were decent, this is just killing it.

Oh will you stop your whining be thankful that one piece is not in filler madness like naruto and bleach is.

Apr 4, 2010 12:04 AM

Jul 2006
link9us said:
Justicles said:
ninkendo said:

Oh will you stop your whining be thankful that one piece is not in filler madness like naruto and bleach is.
And stop whining about me whining. Honestly, I'm actually bringing up a REAL problem in the series. Or should we just talk about everything that is good about One Piece, and ignore the bad?

The only reason why Bleach and Naruto are in filler hell, is because the writing/directing staff are incompetent fools. One Piece actually has some decent guys, but sugar coating an arc that ISN'T suppose to be is ruining the whole flow. I'm actually bringing up something legit, because this is ruining the whole series. When I actually read this arc, it was friggin epic and fast paced, this is utter garbage.

And I'd rather there be SOME fillers, than a whole arc losing its flow. Its one thing to make half a series filler, but it's another thing to make an important arc absolute crap by making half of it filler
JusticeGundamApr 4, 2010 12:08 AM

Apr 4, 2010 2:29 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
So that's how Shiryuu and... It's a spoiler if I say more.

Apr 4, 2010 2:31 AM

Jul 2008
It keeps getting Better shoutout to shiryuu all my manga readers no why

5/5

p.s. buggy keeps me laughin i love it
Apr 4, 2010 2:45 AM
Jun 2008
Ivan doesn't get any beautiful after becoming women.Serious surgery needed i guess.But at least her body is nice.
Apr 4, 2010 3:14 AM

May 2009
you guys dont understand..

they put the filler material just to make the ending a cliffhanger....

1 chapter is like 75% of an episode.. so they put another filler material just to make the same cliffhanger as the chapters ending..

to be interesting)
Apr 4, 2010 3:45 AM

Jul 2006
Baka_xD said:
you guys dont understand..

they put the filler material just to make the ending a cliffhanger....

1 chapter is like 75% of an episode.. so they put another filler material just to make the same cliffhanger as the chapters ending..

to be interesting)

wtf are you talking about. the anime hasn't been following the manga cliffhangers at all.
this was the cliff hanger to one of the episodes a few weeks ago:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/540/15/
even tho this:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/540/19/
would have made a better cliff hanger and was THE actual cliffhanger

if the anime was doing it right, this would have been the cliff hanger:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/542/18-19/
which wasn't

this was the cliffhanger to this episode:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/543/08-09/

OBVIOUSLY they are following the manga cliffhangers.

Apr 4, 2010 3:56 AM
Jan 2009
I hope Toei animation doesnt screw up the next arc which is ongoing in the manga... Its gonna be super epic!!!
Apr 4, 2010 4:43 AM

Dec 2009
Man, people are complaining about idiotic things, this episode was good.
Apr 4, 2010 4:49 AM
Jun 2008
More like too complicate to understand and forgot to enjoy the show
Apr 4, 2010 8:14 AM

Jul 2008
so now we get to the 3 demon guards, and they inputted filler to do just that- fill out the episode so they can make it a cliffhanger
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 4, 2010 9:08 AM

Jul 2009
LOL this episode was good.
I feel the same way about the manga as i do the anime.
who the hell cares when it ends. theres cliff hangers all over the place.
its a good story and the filler shit was nice.
im sure well get more filler after impel down because one piece is only 1 arc ahead in the manga.
the fillers are nice anyhow. i just miss the crew so much.
Apr 4, 2010 10:14 AM

Nov 2007
Personally I love the Buggy/Mr. 3 stuff so I hope they keep pouring it on.
Apr 4, 2010 11:53 AM

Jan 2008
Justicles said:
this was the cliffhanger to this episode:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/543/08-09/

OBVIOUSLY they are following the manga cliffhangers.

Or not considering that's not a cliffhanger, it's just page 8 and 9 of 19 pages. The real cliffhanger is Luffy meeting Blackbeard.

Not a bad episode, but pacing is getting bad.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 4, 2010 12:26 PM

Jul 2006
Sir_Lexa said:
Man, people are complaining about idiotic things, this episode was good.
Let me guess, it's idiotic because it's true? Or should I not complain because it's against One Piece gods gift to anime?
*They are sugarcoating the whole arc. And they've been slightly sugar coating the series ever since they took out Law flipping off Kidd.
*The whole flow of the episode is being disrupted by the constant filler material. I rather have actual filler episodes, than half an arc be filler. I don't even want to know how the next arc is going to be like. You could honestly animate the whole thing in 5-6 episodes.

*You like it, fine, but that's still not going to make it good. That's like saying I should not call Fairy Tail bad just because people like it. People do like it, and it's an awful series, just like these episodes.

And if you are going to call my complaining idiotic, then at least give me a reason, instead of being another idiotic fanboy defending EVERYTHING that is One Piece.

Apr 4, 2010 1:29 PM

Dec 2009
Justicles said:
And if you are going to call my complaining idiotic, then at least give me a reason, instead of being another idiotic fanboy defending EVERYTHING that is One Piece.

And you should take it easy. Geez.
You're probably one of those people who fears the word "filler" over anything... "If it's filler then it sucks, blaah" You hated G8 didn't you?

And I certainly do not like EVERYTHING about One Piece (Gave this episode a 4 out of 5)

I'm just pissed off at people who doesn't care if the episode are good, they only look at faults when they see filler scenes... The scenes were funny, and I thought they were well done... I just want to know WHY were the filler scenes SOOOO Horrible?

Edit: And I would understand the complaints if the episodes were horrible, but they are not, so that's the problem.
Apr 4, 2010 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
Sir_Lexa said:

You're probably one of those people who fears the word "filler" over anything... "If it's filler then it sucks, blaah"

Dude I think you should re-read what Justicles said on the first page, you obviously did not understand his point of view.
Apr 4, 2010 2:02 PM

Jul 2006
I loved G8. It was funny, and great to watch. I loved the Davy Back filler just because we were able to focus in on the funny side of each character. Like Zoro's terrible sense of direction during one of the events. The Arabasta filler wasn't all that bad. Instead of them traveling across the desert in no time, they dragged it out, so the anime wouldn't catch up even faster. I even enjoyed Apis, despite the fact that the main enemy dude was fucking lame. I liked the Ice Hunter arc. And honestly, the best animation in the whole series probably came from that one filler arc. Even the resort spa fillers were decent.

I hated rainbow mist. I hated the Strong World filler. I hated the random ass flashbacks in Enies Lobby. AAAAAAAAND the arc where everyone loses their memory was fucking awful. Those were just awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful, but AT LEAST most of these arcs did not also have canon in them. Impel Down has been both canon and filler. One Piece has always done a good job elongating things, especially in Thriller Bark and Shaobody, but now they have completely given up on elongating the series, and just put filler in instead.

I've said numerous times on this forum that filler between arcs will do the series some good, so I don't know how I am like "one of those" people that hate and fear filler.
And no, the episode was not good. Half of the stuff was canon. and half of it was silly filler that disrputs the flow and pacing of the episode. Half of the episode being good doesn't make it good overall.

And I've said it a few times already: it's sugarcoating Impel Down, disrputing the flow, and the focus should be on Luffy and the gang. When Jimbei, Crocodile, and Luffy knocked out the demon beasts, it was fricken epic and ended the manga chapter. It showed us just how weak they are compared to those 3, yet they attacked them, and then the episode moved on and put more focus on Buggy. The only good elongated scene was when Ivankov transformed.

Apr 4, 2010 2:06 PM

Dec 2007
You sure do write a lot about One Piece.

I'm hoping they leave Impel Down pretty quickly. Ace's execution is what, 4 hours away or something? They stopped giving the time at the end of the episodes.

EDIT: And the demon beasts always sucked. They'd never be considered any sort of a match for anyone that was on level 6. Also, Jimbei fights in the water? So he doesn't even have a devil fruit power? That's total badass right there.
Apr 4, 2010 2:19 PM

Sep 2009
Sir_Lexa said:
Justicles said:

I agree with that. This is just my point of view but I don`t think many people care as much as you do that the episodes are like this.

I liked the episode.

Four out of Five.
Apr 4, 2010 2:23 PM

Dec 2009
Okay, I apologize to Justicles... I jumped on the complaining a little bit too much... Let's just say that you have your opinion and I have mine. :)
Apr 4, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2007
Eh. Honestly I didn't like it. Especially if you follow the manga closely the pacing was terrible. I was expecting Luffy to meet Blackbeard in this EP. Buggy and Mr 3 are in the manga story so ignoring them is impossible but I do think they're focusing to much on them instead of Luffy. A little different from the feeling you get in the manga. I hope the pacing changes back to normal. Thought it was better but it's getting a little off.
Apr 4, 2010 4:04 PM

Jul 2007
Sir_Lexa said:
Justicles said:

You're probably one of those people who fears the word "filler" over anything... "If it's filler then it sucks, blaah" You hated G8 didn't you?

And I certainly do not like EVERYTHING about One Piece (Gave this episode a 4 out of 5)

I'm just pissed off at people who doesn't care if the episode are good, they only look at faults when they see filler scenes... The scenes were funny, and I thought they were well done... I just want to know WHY were the filler scenes SOOOO Horrible?

Edit: And I would understand the complaints if the episodes were horrible, but they are not, so that's the problem.

Exactly what this guy said. You hit the nail on the head. People are so anti against fillers, they fail to see the actual story telling being told. Its like the "rainbow mist arc" Omg its the worst filler ever because its FILLER!! You want to accept that fact that its filler and can't possible be good. Personally i found it to be one of the best arcs in the anime, they could of easily created an entire series based off of that one arc. It was a very unique story. You can't look at them as being part of the main story. Its like all the one piece movies. People hate them cause they don't relate to the story but that doesn't mean they deserve low scores just based on that. I my self em a leader not a follower. Alot of fans on here put hate towards certain filler arcs just because the fan base rated it the lowest actual score and i think thats wrong. You should Annalise and base your opinions from your self, not by others.

Anyways if any of you anti filler hatters out there watch anime and didn't actually know it was filler, your brain wouldn't be tricking you into thinking its horrible and you have a completely different view on it.
ArtimesGamerApr 4, 2010 4:09 PM

Apr 4, 2010 4:51 PM

Jul 2006
Alright, this can't be ignored. And where is smokes? We need someone here to call people 'retards' =\

Omg its the worst filler ever because its FILLER!! You want to accept that fact that its filler and can't possible be good. Personally i found it to be one of the best arcs in the anime, they could of easily created an entire series based off of that one arc. It was a very unique story.

Because most of the time filler IS bad. The rainbow mist arc being a perfect example. And just about all of Naruto. And Bleach. And if you've watched Claymore, the last part of the series is totally nonsensical and retarded BECAUSE it becomes filler. How about RoboArcher from the first FMA series? Man, that filler enemy is a lot better than the enemies in brotherhood.

One of the best arcs? So Rainbow Mist has better characterization than Enies Lobby. It has better fights than Arabasta. It's more fun to watch than the Davy Back fights. It totally isn't about a bunch of annoying kids. No one is being a follower. You just can't accept the fact that there are some people that do not like it, and the direction it is going in.
And obviously you cant read. I've called specific filler arcs good. And about the movies, other than the recaps, only movie 4 and 6 are good. Haven't seen Strong World yet.
Alot of fans on here put hate towards certain filler arcs just because the fan base rated it the lowest actual score and i think thats wrong. You should Annalise and base your opinions from your self, not by others.

After "annalising" your opinion, I've determined that it has no value whatsoever.

Apr 4, 2010 5:29 PM
Mar 2010
link9us said:

Exactly what this guy said. You hit the nail on the head. People are so anti against fillers, they fail to see the actual story telling being told. Its like the "rainbow mist arc" Omg its the worst filler ever because its FILLER!! You want to accept that fact that its filler and can't possible be good. Personally i found it to be one of the best arcs in the anime, they could of easily created an entire series based off of that one arc. It was a very unique story. You can't look at them as being part of the main story. Its like all the one piece movies. People hate them cause they don't relate to the story but that doesn't mean they deserve low scores just based on that. I my self em a leader not a follower. Alot of fans on here put hate towards certain filler arcs just because the fan base rated it the lowest actual score and i think thats wrong. You should Annalise and base your opinions from your self, not by others.

Anyways if any of you anti filler hatters out there watch anime and didn't actually know it was filler, your brain wouldn't be tricking you into thinking its horrible and you have a completely different view on it.

lol at "Annalise" xDD You obviously didn't read Justicles post.

Justicles said:
I've said numerous times on this forum that filler between arcs will do the series some good, so I don't know how I am like "one of those" people that hate and fear filler.
And no, the episode was not good. Half of the stuff was canon. and half of it was silly filler that disrputs the flow and pacing of the episode. Half of the episode being good doesn't make it good overall.
Apr 4, 2010 7:44 PM

May 2009
Even though I'm reading the manga, I didn't notice the filler stuff in this episode, until you guys in this thread mentioned it. It's always been hard to figure what is filler stuff in One Piece, and what isn't. During the 445 episodes so far there's been a throng of scenes in episodes that appeared to be fillerish - especially fighting scenes on the various islands.

Therefore it's amusing to see people react at this episode particular, when there's been plenty of fillerish fights and overused comedy in earlier episodes.
Apr 4, 2010 10:21 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah i know. If they hadn't known it was filler or was expecting it to be filler, they would have a completely different view and opinion on it. Im sure of it!

Justicles said:
Alright, this can't be ignored. And where is smokes? We need someone here to call people 'retards' =

Omg its the worst filler ever because its FILLER!! You want to accept that fact that its filler and can't possible be good. Personally i found it to be one of the best arcs in the anime, they could of easily created an entire series based off of that one arc. It was a very unique story.

Because most of the time filler IS bad. The rainbow mist arc being a perfect example. And just about all of Naruto. And Bleach. And if you've watched Claymore, the last part of the series is totally nonsensical and retarded BECAUSE it becomes filler. How about RoboArcher from the first FMA series? Man, that filler enemy is a lot better than the enemies in brotherhood.

One of the best arcs? So Rainbow Mist has better characterization than Enies Lobby. It has better fights than Arabasta. It's more fun to watch than the Davy Back fights. It totally isn't about a bunch of annoying kids. No one is being a follower. You just can't accept the fact that there are some people that do not like it, and the direction it is going in.
And obviously you cant read. I've called specific filler arcs good. And about the movies, other than the recaps, only movie 4 and 6 are good. Haven't seen Strong World yet.
Alot of fans on here put hate towards certain filler arcs just because the fan base rated it the lowest actual score and i think thats wrong. You should Annalise and base your opinions from your self, not by others.

After "annalising" your opinion, I've determined that it has no value whatsoever.

That's your problem, your comparing it to everything else. Your comparing a completely different setting and style of story telling to the action scenes and battles later on in one piece. That is one thing that one piece does well, is introduce various different elements with out using the same rehashed concept over and over like in bleach. Each story has its own unique setting. I found the Rainbow mist arc to be pretty interesting because it delt with something completely different which is a different time space dimension and how the crew had to save these cast of characters that was from the future. It has a very satisfying ending also when you saw the older version of Hanzo's characters from the past. Anyways point being is, Yes its not part of the original story. But what im saying is. They could easily use a concept like that and implement it into an entire series in it self and it would be interesting.

Yeah smokes is so sucked into the enies lobby arc being so great that any other arc he compares it to is like Sub par. I'm seriously getting tired of people saying the "real One piece" do doesn't start untill the 2nd half of the series. The entire first half of one piece was ground brankingly amazing and had great story developments as well that was definitely what made me rate this a show a 10.

and another thing Don't quote my grammer mistakes, yes i have bad grammer. But you have no right lol :p
ArtimesGamerApr 4, 2010 10:27 PM

Apr 4, 2010 11:55 PM

Nov 2008
link9us said:
Yeah i know. If they hadn't known it was filler or was expecting it to be filler, they would have a completely different view and opinion on it. Im sure of it!

That is true.... -nods heads- I agree on that.

Justicles said:
Alright, this can't be ignored. And where is smokes? We need someone here to call people 'retards' =

Oh so you want someone to call people retards for you? Do it yourself.

That's your problem, your comparing it to everything else. Your comparing a completely different setting and style of story telling to the action scenes and battles later on in one piece. That is one thing that one piece does well, is introduce various different elements with out using the same rehashed concept over and over like in bleach. Each story has its own unique setting. I found the Rainbow mist arc to be pretty interesting because it delt with something completely different which is a different time space dimension and how the crew had to save these cast of characters that was from the future. It has a very satisfying ending also when you saw the older version of Hanzo's characters from the past. Anyways point being is, Yes its not part of the original story. But what im saying is. They could easily use a concept like that and implement it into an entire series in it self and it would be interesting.

Yeah smokes is so sucked into the enies lobby arc being so great that any other arc he compares it to is like Sub par. I'm seriously getting tired of people saying the "real One piece" do doesn't start untill the 2nd half of the series. The entire first half of one piece was ground brankingly amazing and had great story developments as well that was definitely what made me rate this a show a 10.

and another thing Don't quote my grammer mistakes, yes i have bad grammer. But you have no right lol :p

This is in my opinion (this is my first time in one of these discussions):

I say that One Piece is one of the best Shonen I've ever watched. An ongoing series that is still in a really good story plot, and interesting characters. I don't even care if there are fillers or not, they keep me entertained. Sure that people don't like watching them and give them bad views, just be calm about it. Don't try to make a havoc and start arguments. I really hate it when people argue about something so idiotic.
Lets see....fillers huh? Well they can change a story and sometimes do not. But in One Piece, I don't really see any change at all. It's the same story to me, rocks my boat smoothly. The arcs? I love them all anyways. I don't see nothing wrong with them. I read the manga so I keep up with the story. But when I see a filler episode, I get interested and watch it anyways. But when it comes to anime becoming a show FULL of fillers, like Naruto and Bleach, my expections change completely. But with One Piece, there are only a few episodes at a time and goes back to the original and that keeps me happy. Even though the arc now, sure the comedy is kinda lacking now because its becoming serious business but doesn't mean I won't like it. I love it on how it is. Link9us says, "
I'm seriously getting tired of people saying the "real One piece" do doesn't start untill the 2nd half of the series. The entire first half of one piece was ground brankingly amazing and had great story developments as well that was definitely what made me rate this a show a 10." That I agree with him all the way. Oh yeah, your grammer is not that bad, I still understand. :)

So this ends my discussion. Oh and Justicles, keep your own words to yourself or else you'll start something bad.
Oh and if you have something against me and complain to what I said, go watch your porn... =__=
Apr 5, 2010 12:42 AM

Dec 2009
I have to agree, I didn't either notice that there was so many filler scenes in this episode... It was such a long time ago I read the Impel Down arc... So I really can't remember every little scene that didn't happen in the manga.
Apr 5, 2010 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
i didnt noticed the filler material in this episode =\
maybe it was the stuff with Hanibel...
Apr 5, 2010 2:05 AM

Apr 2009
It was kindof mediocre. Next will hopefully have some character depth for hannyabal.
Apr 5, 2010 5:27 AM

Jul 2009
I'm tired of seeing buggy now O_o
Apr 5, 2010 6:18 AM

Dec 2009
smokes said:
i didnt noticed the filler material in this episode =
maybe it was the stuff with Hanibel...

Not even smokes noticed the Filler!!! :O
Apr 5, 2010 8:15 AM

Jun 2007
not trying to pick a fight with anyone but hey.

I don't consider stuff like Buggy and mister 3 as filler. The anime is its own entity and it tells its story in its own pace. All the stuff with Buggy adds to the story and fills in some gaps the manga left.

It would be an entirely different case if in the middle of this arc they would have a new one in with Luffy Robin and Brook have to fight the personification of their Devil fruits. THAT would be pointless and not adding anything to the overall story.

People are so quick to scream FILLER! as soon as a series doesn't follow the manga on a 1:1 ratio (preferably higher) As soon as One Piece starts adding pointless arcs that add nothing to the overall story, in the middle of other arcs, or have the crew spend ages jumping trough trees. Then I'm gonna complain. Most non-manga readers will even notice the anime only material

The only thing that bugged me this episode was how Godawful BlackBeard looked.
Apr 5, 2010 9:27 AM

Apr 2008
I didn't like this episode at all. I even had to speed it up when Buggy and Mr. 3's lame comedy part took forever...along with the Vice Warden's stupid cheering. I'm so glad I decided to catch up on the manga. The manga is epic, this is not. OP deserves so much better than this.
Apr 5, 2010 10:24 AM

Feb 2010
At least its moving, some of this stupid Buggy and Mr. 3 Stuff is a waste of time, but at least its not like *cough* *cough* bleach *cough* where you have a filler that goes on for more than the actual anime that is about NOTHING! One Piece is moving, I'm not mad at the 'extra's' with buggy and stuff they put in and I would not call them 'fillers'.
Apr 5, 2010 11:03 AM

Jul 2007
I think the best thing to do when your in these prediciments is to just watch the anime with out any relative information what is filelr and what isn't that way you wouldn't be carefully analyzing every small detail of an episode just to see if its the same as the manga. That kind of takes the fun away from just watching anime don't you think? lol

In most all aspects the manga material is going to be better then the anime series because its the writers original work and the pacing that the writer exactly wanted including cliff hangers. The anime companies have the rights to slice and dice or edit any part of the show that they can and thats just something you have to come to terms with. Its never going to change. Its very rare that you will find an anime series that follows the manga exactly to the "key" one piece is one of those rare series in actuality.
ArtimesGamerApr 5, 2010 11:07 AM

Apr 5, 2010 11:14 AM

Oct 2008
link9us said:
I think the best thing to do when your in these prediciments is to just watch the anime with out any relative information what is filelr and what isn't that way you wouldn't be carefully analyzing every small detail of an episode just to see if its the same as the manga. That kind of takes the fun away from just watching anime don't you think? lol

Which unfortunately is the problem considering that almost any anime title is adapted from a manga that many people have heard of before. It's only once in a blue moon that there's either an anime title that was an original idea and wasn't adapted from anything or an title adpated from something that almost no one is aware of. And I think more often than not are anime titles that fall under the latter category are usually the underrated ones.
Apr 5, 2010 11:25 AM

Oct 2007
link9us said:

The main thing I'm taking issue with is the fact that this wasn't even a problem for the first 400 episodes or so...it was adapted perfectly. And now at the big climax of part one of the manga the anime decides to start dicking around with the formula...toning things down, adding in a lot of filler that disrupts flow...etc
Apr 5, 2010 11:57 AM

Apr 2008
Dreamtheater2112 said:
link9us said:

The main thing I'm taking issue with is the fact that this wasn't even a problem for the first 400 episodes or so...it was adapted perfectly. And now at the big climax of part one of the manga the anime decides to start dicking around with the formula...toning things down, adding in a lot of filler that disrupts flow...etc

I agree completely. Hell, I even enjoyed the filler arcs for OP...probably one of the only long-running shounen where as I was catching up, I did not mind watching the filler arcs. But this arc is way to serious for them to be interrupting with no named characters praising a side character that hasn't even done anything substantial. And the worst part about the jokes is that they aren't even funny. There's just no need for it. Plus, idk why now but I feel like the animation style OP has flaws the anime adaptation. I didn't mind it while catching up, but it really bothers me now.
Apr 5, 2010 11:58 AM

Apr 2009
anyway personally ( didnt read this arc in manga) i didnt noticed the filler material :)

seriously buggy's parts where from the beginning..

i found them funny tho)) didnt knew they werent in the manga..
Apr 5, 2010 2:22 PM

Oct 2007
Grimmm said:
Dreamtheater2112 said:
link9us said:

I agree completely. Hell, I even enjoyed the filler arcs for OP...probably one of the only long-running shounen where as I was catching up, I did not mind watching the filler arcs. But this arc is way to serious for them to be interrupting with no named characters praising a side character that hasn't even done anything substantial. And the worst part about the jokes is that they aren't even funny. There's just no need for it. Plus, idk why now but I feel like the animation style OP has flaws the anime adaptation. I didn't mind it while catching up, but it really bothers me now.

Yeah thats the other part...the comic relief isn't even really funny...its just dumb...and ever since Shabondy started the animation has been rather shaky...I dunno wtf the cause of that is, but that needs to get fixed too
Apr 5, 2010 4:50 PM

Apr 2007
ARG WHY END IT THERE. I should have waited another week before marathoning :<

lol it seems like people decided to dump their complaints on this episode. Little extra comedy parts have always been added throughout the series so why complain about it now? I hardly see the point, just skip them if they bother you so much. That's what I've been doing with some of the Buggy/Mr. 3 parts at least. Mostly because I already know what happens and don't really care for them~
MonochromeApr 5, 2010 4:58 PM
Apr 5, 2010 5:59 PM

Apr 2008
Monochrome said:

lol it seems like people decided to dump their complaints on this episode. Little extra comedy parts have always been added throughout the series so why complain about it now?

I have always complained about them. ;]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hottest Woman in One Piece?

kian_lad20 - Yesterday

27 by Sho_bi »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1080 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Oct 21, 2023

94 by eustasskidd11 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

34 by Ridzaxster »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 88 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

46 by Me_Mario »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 208 Discussion

HaiAlwaysHungry - Nov 12, 2008

39 by Titanfan93 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.