Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao, this episode was so hard to take seriously with Rudy being nude...

Not that I can blame him though since he got captured. This episode was painful to watch in such an environment. At least Rudy wasn't completely alone but it was still harsh. Episode goes to prove that there are still a lot of crude people in that world, especially to slaves. I think it's rather sad really.

Apr 2020
Looks like Rudeus is in the village where the beast peoples live, Rudeus becomes a senpai in that place lmao.

Damn, so it was Garus who planned to attack the beast people's village. I thought Junior would run away in that situation, but he helped Rudeus, he is a good junior.

Finally the misunderstanding has been resolved.

Jul 2017
Yuiko Oohara's 3rd OP, and it's every bit as perfect.

Dear Rudeus, dream on for your wish fulfillment being innocently trapped in the Great Forest Dedoldia beastkin land of a free prison accommodation, and stark naked at that while they treat you with disdain while waiitng for Ruijerd and Eris to be saved. The newbie gambler Geese that got trapped with Rudeus, what a Buddha statue play lols. But escape is first in their minds in the dead of night, and it's more like they got caught in the rubble of a burning forest that humans have set fire to rid of the beast people.

It's a sight to behold for both Geese and Rudeus, and their decision to save the beast people and put out the fire puts the beast people on lead. Gallus isn't quite dead yet, and he has come to exact revenge and continue the snuggling business. But being from the same circumstances as before, Rudeus seems unquoted, but to hound the Sacred Beast with Geese to defeat Gallus, the animation quality edges forward once again to give a battle. Even with Kirishika's demon eye, Rudeus just can't seem to find an edge, and it's only by Geese and the Sacred Beast's efforts to douse the North Saint Gallus in gunpowder to end his life.

The misunderstanding is finally resolved, and as is Ruijerd and Eris on their own journey of misunderstandings as well. All's well that ends well.

But Sauros getting captured and beheaded for the Fittoria incident under the watchful eye of the Asura Kingdom, the town that was under Sauros's charge will be plunged into darkness.
KANLen09Oct 17, 2021 10:09 AM

Feb 2018
Rudeus had been arrested in the beast village on charges of innocence. While hoping that Ellis would come pick up Rudeus. it's a prison, but similar to a bird cage, Rudeus is stripped naked and the camera is blocking Rudeus's banana's position. Op credit also appears in the jungle, back in the old lifestyle. There Rudeus met someone, it seemed the massage was quite good. There was a fire, and the kemonomimi house burned down, feeling sad, Rudeus managed to escape but yeah, he's still naked. Robbery but they're quite savage, They kill women just for that? Ahhh shit. The forest that was originally a fire has now turned into a full of water, it's Rudeus' weather magic. The fighting is still going on and it's getting more and more brutal. This girl massacre was pretty gruesome, lol ... Besides that, they also seem to have quite a bit of trouble fighting that ugly bastard. Although the battle still Rudeus can defeat them. Ah, that's she is... Eris.

There's a new character, or is it just me forget something idk, that last scene.

Jun 2019
Looks like Rudy has been taken away into the beast village as they think he's one of the smugglers but he hopes that Ruijerd will rescue him soon. LOL. But, looks like it's gonna be a while for Rudy. It was funny seeing Rudy naked in the episode. LOL. Now that there's another person, Geese with him in the cell, Rudy's his senpai. Poor guy got there because he cheated in gambling. They were about to escape but then because of the attack on the village, they're going to save them.

Rudy was looking good in that drip. Also, Garus was involved in all of that. I thought he might've been a nice guy but nope... Welp. Quite a brutal episode IMO. Eris and Ruijerd are finally here as well. Overall, another good episode. I like Geese.
Oct 17, 2021 8:34 AM

Jul 2015
Studio Bind put a LOT of work into the background. It's amazing how many shots we got from different angles.

RIP Sauros

Oct 17, 2021 8:51 AM
Oct 2011
Very fitting OP for the great forest and very beautiful scenery. Banter with Geese was funny and I like how they handled Rudy's indecision in general. Action bits were as amazing as always. I think this was the best episode of part 2 of MT. They nailed the great forest, can't wait for what's coming up as those events are even better.
Oct 17, 2021 8:57 AM

Apr 2018
Finally at the place where the beast family lives. Reminds you of someone we all want to see again. Couldn't take this seriously because the damn pervert was naked the whole time. Eris and Rujierd managed to track his location. Pretty intense episode and loved the visuals/backgrounds. Rip to Sauros.
SideCharacterKalOct 17, 2021 12:26 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 17, 2021 8:59 AM

Apr 2013
This episode is way better than I had expected, the fight sequences, and the jokes has been really nice this time. Also the cliffhanger......, can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 17, 2021 9:19 AM

May 2020
Was funny how Rudeus was describing the very place he was living in, a prison. Dude's being naked too, and he really wasn't being treated well there. Got no choice but to wait for Ruijerd and Eris to come and rescue him out, but good for him that he got a companion there to talk his boredom out.

That sudden attack on their village really got everyone caught off guard, but glad to see Rudeus helping out them and his companion too, but Garus being behind all of this was well within Rudeus expectations.

Got a lot of action this episode and new OP was decent too.
Oct 17, 2021 9:19 AM

Nov 2019
The OP is always a treat, especially with the scenery that they had going on this episode.

Rudeus Senpai, one moment he is living his life naked like a bird in a cage; and the next thing you know he saved a village from burning down.

Oct 17, 2021 9:27 AM

Apr 2014
Rudeus and his home sweet home in Fortree city. LOL
At least, he is optimistic about staying in that cage.

何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 17, 2021 9:29 AM
May 2021
Tis' sht is only becoming better and better ❤❤❤❤

Feb 2021
Great episode as usual, Rudeus was in a tough situation there, naked and being insulted lol.
The fight scene was pretty epic the animation great as always. And that part where the elder chief says thank you to Rudeus was pretty sweet.

Well and the grandfather was executed, damn Eris will probably be really angry about this, I wonder what exactly happened that led to his execution.

May 2020
This episode was pretty cool especially with the action scenes. That ending though. We see a lot of new characters but that was pretty sad.
Oct 17, 2021 9:33 AM
May 2020
All I wanna know is if they adapted the naked Rudeus and Geese parts perfectly cuz I remember giggling for the most part of those chapters in the ln.
Jan 2021
This episode was FIRE

Oct 2017
The start of this episode had me rolling but it got serious fast. The action sequence were cool and Rudeus even beat the north saint. He's also reunited with Eris and Ruijerd and the misunderstanding has been cleared. Thou that last scene was shocking. Eris' grandpa was just executed. I hope her Mom and Dad are fine.
Oct 17, 2021 9:35 AM
Mar 2021
Again I hated it. It’s too short of an episode.
Oct 17, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
the first half is so boring
Oct 17, 2021 9:44 AM

Jul 2020
World-building is brilliant as usual, still want to see something with a sort of pizzaz like the first season if that makes sense, feels like the start of slime again lol, by that I mean a slow burn and then shit hits the fan near the end but I am quite enjoying it nonetheless

Rudeus making it rain was quite good though, really enjoyed that fight sequence

That ending tho....
LeviathanHWDOct 17, 2021 9:55 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Oct 17, 2021 9:44 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
This was an ACTION-PACKED EPISODE jesus

Some tryhards are gonna be angry cuz the episode shifted around the story a little, but honestly
out of the manga, anime and the LN, I feel the anime handled this part the best.

The action was jaw-droppingly awesome, the backgrounds were perfect, the new opening rocks. Holy crap guys, its mushoku tensei.

RIP Sauros

Oct 17, 2021 9:46 AM
Dec 2019
Best ep of this cour so far!! comfyyy
Oct 17, 2021 9:46 AM
Oct 2016
Rudy being taken by the Dedoldians actually ended up being for the best. Sitting in that cell for a week wasn't too fun, I can only imagine how boring it got, but things ended up in the right place. The anime has now introduced Geese! He's a good dude, someone who has surprising connections to characters we've meet before. I like Geese, a good ally for Rudy to have given where Dead End is at. The comedy at the beginning of this episode had me laughing a ton. Rudy giving Geese scrap since he's the new guy, making him give Rudy a massage and calling him new guy, while Geese kept calling Rudy the boss.

Albeit stagnant things seemed fine until those kidnappers showed up at the village. Forcing Rudy and Geese to escape prematurely and help save them. One of the best aspects of Mushoku Tensei is Rudy struggling with his mortality. Throughout his entire old life he only put himself first, never thinking of anyone else really just being ok with his shut in lifestyle. Now given this second chance and trying to be better we see Rudy grapple with making the right decision. He hesitates when it comes to saving people if his own life is put in immediate danger. But here we see him make the decision to stop Gallus from leaving with the village kids. Rudy actively makes the decision to fight, needing a push from the village sacred beast of course. Rudy stops Gallus and saves the village, stopping the kidnappers again.

Now luckily the situation has been cleared up and the Dedoldians know the truth behind what Rudy was doing last episode. Ruijerd got mixed up in some bad business too but again thankfully it didn't go horribly wrong. Eris and Ruijerd have made their way back to Rudy
Oct 17, 2021 9:48 AM
Feb 2021
Did i saw a certain Asura princess?!!! A f-ing Asura princess?!!!!!
Oct 17, 2021 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Rudeus description of the prison was really funny, he even became a senpai which was funny too.

Kinda surprised the Beast people didn't even bother to listen to Rudeus, he even spoke their tongue so language shouldn't have been problem. Perhaps, all the attacks have left them distrustful or something but the very least they could've done is given him a chance to explain himself. I guess it counts for something that they apologized at the end.

The fight sequences were pretty nice, the art was great.
Oct 17, 2021 9:49 AM
Apr 2016
So they've omitted Ruijerd's POV but instead of that added an original scene at the end there... Interesting.
Oct 17, 2021 9:52 AM
Apr 2016
Akamiroo said:
Did i saw a certain Asura princess?!!! A f-ing Asura princess?!!!!!
Wonder if they're ever going to bother with showing her situation (and the things surrounding the throne) and her past with the coming of the angel... Kinda doubt it
Oct 17, 2021 9:54 AM
Apr 2013
Wow. This is the first episode of this show that I actually disliked.

I've noticed that the action heavy episodes and any episodes where Rudeus's adult voiceover comes in when he's in a sticky situation are usually the weakest for me.

When the show draws out a tense situation while he's thinking in his adult voice it breaks my immersion for some reason.

It happened last episode before Ruijerd killed the first bandit and went on his rampage and again this episode. In season one it was the episode where he was mulling whether to kill the Horse demon to protect Eris.

When it comes to scenes with Rudy in them, the show doesn't do drama well, in my opinion.

Oct 17, 2021 9:55 AM
May 2008
Okay, this is the first episode where I really can't complain about anything. Rudeus naked for like a week was funny, but it became weird that after he got a cellmate, the new dude for some reason they let him keep his cloth, but not Rudeus. So it was kinda felt that Rudeus was naked for the sake of comedy rather than plot.

Animation was really nice, also the new OP song is okay, I guess? I liked the previous one better, but I guess it will grow on me eventually. Keep it up Mushoku!
Oct 17, 2021 9:57 AM

Mar 2021
Solid episode!! As expect of Mushoku Tensei, the scenery feel realistic and give viewer the Tropical rainforest atmosphere but the most interesting thing is the way of living of beastman there, every little detail and practicality is just chef kiss to me like how they make the house really high on the tree not because of aesthetic alone but they do that to avoid flood and easy to avoid from danger(well it isn't if they burn the whole thing :(( ).

Tbh I didn't expect they would nude Rudeus in an open cage (somehow he feel OK about that :v) and just splash him with dirty cold water( it may not seem very serious but the temp of rainforest at night is ~20 °C and the fact Rudeus nude is just frickin cold and he trap there for almost a week bruh! Talk about harsh treatment).

The fight was raw and the enemies even using hostage to win, some may hate Rudeus because of his indecisiveness but it's really show how normal would think giving the situation that could he win the guys when all the strong just get beatdown so easily and the benefit of helping them? Rudeus is not a hero he just want to go back home if he help them here and end up dead who will responsible for that? I love how they keep zooming into Rudeus that keep escalate pushing him to make the right choice giving that he almost make a very poor choice. Overall 10/10 execution very good episode, btw F Sauros man that was both raw and brutal how the head keep rolling....
Oct 17, 2021 10:00 AM

Jan 2020
Love seeing the reincarnate of Gintoki x Sadaharu. Goddamn this episode was amazing, the jokes, the interactions, the setting, everything was so fing beautiful. 20/10
Oct 17, 2021 10:01 AM
Jun 2021
I wish these were 45 minute episodes instead of 23 minute episodes.

Rudy may be an accomplished mage in this world, but he is definitely not utilizing his modern knowledge lately. In season 1 he demonstrated his ability to instantly and simultaneously combine fire and water magic for an on-the-go shower. I would honestly have expected him to practice what I would like to call “Refraction Magic” or “Light Magic”. Essentially, using fire for a high intensity light and water for a polished lens. He’d literally be shooting lasers at people. A light speed attack that would only miss if his aim was off.

He already has a deeper mana pool than the demon god Laplace and has a foresight demon eye. That ought to be his ultimate attack. But I guess that would detract from the drama, though. He did seem to do something similar at the end of their battle, but that seemed more akin to a focused and narrow explosion than a laser, not to mention it was much too slow.

Overall, badass fight scenes and compelling characters. Just too bad that Rudy appears to not be all that creative with his magic anymore. Chucking rocks is neat and all, but slamming the man between two slabs of stone post eye-dusting would have ended the fight. Or a high pressure water missile compressed and accelerated with air magic. Easy for me to say these criticisms, but these applications are obvious, right?

Despite all of that, the show isn’t bad nor inconsistent by any means. It really just highlights how much of a dim witted and cowardly neet he still is at this point in his life. Becoming a hero and experiencing the gratitude that comes with it will help encourage him to act more decisively in the future.
Oct 17, 2021 10:02 AM

Dec 2010
Best animation of the entire season hands down! But even more amazing than that were the backgrounds. The best comparison is probably the El Hazard OVA, who also had some of the best forest backgrounds in anime history. Studio Bind really knows how to recreate that beautiful Cel look.

Also very important boob animation on that beastwoman. 10/10

Oct 17, 2021 10:03 AM
Apr 2018
They have nicely done the part when Rudeus was reviewing his "hotel" and when he was introduced to monkey-face dude.

Hum...I noticed 2 significant difference between what happened in this episode and what happened in the WN...but I actually liked it!

R.I.P Sauros :(
Nice easter-egg at the end.

Overall a great episode.

P.S: I also like the new OP song.
Manaarii_0Oct 17, 2021 10:18 AM
Oct 17, 2021 10:06 AM
Oct 2021
sleepntsheep said:
the first half is so boring
Really? that it not funny?
Oct 17, 2021 10:09 AM
Oct 2021
foresterfx said:
I wish these were 45 minute episodes instead of 23 minute episodes.

Rudy may be an accomplished mage in this world, but he is definitely not utilizing his modern knowledge lately. In season 1 he demonstrated his ability to instantly and simultaneously combine fire and water magic for an on-the-go shower. I would honestly have expected him to practice what I would like to call “Refraction Magic” or “Light Magic”. Essentially, using fire for a high intensity light and water for a polished lens. He’d literally be shooting lasers at people. A light speed attack that would only miss if his aim was off.

He already has a deeper mana pool than the demon god Laplace and has a foresight demon eye. That ought to be his ultimate attack. But I guess that would detract from the drama, though. He did seem to do something similar at the end of their battle, but that seemed more akin to a focused and narrow explosion than a laser, not to mention it was much too slow.

Overall, badass fight scenes and compelling characters. Just too bad that Rudy appears to not be all that creative with his magic anymore. Chucking rocks is neat and all, but slamming the man between two slabs of stone post eye-dusting would have ended the fight. Or a high pressure water missile compressed and accelerated with air magic. Easy for me to say these criticisms, but these applications are obvious, right?

Despite all of that, the show isn’t bad nor inconsistent by any means. It really just highlights how much of a dim witted and cowardly neet he still is at this point in his life. Becoming a hero and experiencing the gratitude that comes with it will help encourage him to act more decisively in the future.

Lol first Rudy dont want to kill people. Second that gut it North Saint, they are know for good surviver fighting and playing trick, they could easy react to it + touki so no way you and knock him down with just that.
Oct 17, 2021 10:14 AM

May 2020
can anyone tell me what was going on in the last scene? because i was confused and was that slyphiette
Jul 2021
Lol another great episode. But seriously Why would a prisoner, who's another male, get on a child's back and give him a backrub? Nothing wrong with giving someone a backrub, but definitely not a kid who's naked when I'm in prison

May 2021
Rest In Peace Greayrat

Thank you for the present, Santa Snowman 2

Oct 17, 2021 10:16 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What an absolute banger of an episode, Rudeus dying inside in that prison cell was fkin hilarious. Geese is a bro.

Animation went nuts in the second half.

I can't believe Sauros died like that, what a terrible way to go out as a scapegoat. I dread the day when Eris gets these news.
Oct 17, 2021 10:17 AM

Jul 2017
That was a brutal yet brilliant episode, easily my favorite episode of the whole season so far. The scenery in the first third of the episode showing the area off and how the Beast tribe would live, was so beautiful and then having that be burned down with beast people dying everywhere and children being smuggled just shows how shit can just dial up to a 100 in the chaos out of nowhere. The world building in this show is absolutely outstanding, especially with no dialogue needed and just letting the opening shots do all the talking + a really great opening song too.

Very unforgiving situation on a whole but at least Rudeus managed to fight with the beast people to kill Gallus and co off. Nice to see the misunderstanding cleared too. The whole episode was amazing in its production efforts by Studio Bind for both the scenery and the actual action too with the choreography, the execution, etc. Looks amazing and so brutal to watch too. I could feel the chaos and tension in the air.

RIP to Sauros though to end a pretty incredible episode on a little bit of a down note.
Oct 17, 2021 10:17 AM

Jan 2017
I dig this ole' zero to hero mini-story that Rudeus had in his time in the forest, I hope the Great Beast would be his companion/familiar coz cmon... it's a BIG WOLF
Oct 17, 2021 10:19 AM
Oct 2021
Natsude_tanaka said:
can anyone tell me what was going on in the last scene? because i was confused and was that slyphiette
just wait. May be some Pov latter.
Oct 17, 2021 10:20 AM

Jun 2021
Gyes is so much like his sister Ghislaine. Loved the animation in this episode, hopefully season gets through many more chapters!!!
Oct 17, 2021 10:20 AM
Jul 2011
DKDiabloLicht said:
Lol another great episode. But seriously Why would a prisoner, who's another male, get on a child's back and give him a backrub? Nothing wrong with giving someone a backrub, but definitely not a kid who's naked when I'm in prison

It all comes down to senpai/kouhai dynamics.
Oct 17, 2021 10:21 AM

May 2020
It feels like 5 min ep it’s so good I love every second can’t wait for next ep
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Oct 17, 2021 10:22 AM
Jul 2021
I know this is a story of him becoming a better person but that shit PISSED me off when he was thinking about letting him go with a fucking little kid. Like BRO you are a POWERFUL Mage WITH a foresight eye! You have to think about it? You were willing to jump in front of a van when you were a fat POS to save an adult girl in the normal world, but when this little girl would be raped and beaten as a slave you HESITATE? Seriously, if they would have made him decide 10 seconds sooner it would have made him a MUCH better person and then maybe the people that hate him(viewers) MIGHT start to see him changing as a person, but he continually does these things like this that make him almost a hero but because he is a coward or thinks only of himself first, it ruins it.
Oct 17, 2021 10:27 AM
Oct 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
I know this is a story of him becoming a better person but that shit PISSED me off when he was thinking about letting him go with a fucking little kid. Like BRO you are a POWERFUL Mage WITH a foresight eye! You have to think about it? You were willing to jump in front of a van when you were a fat POS to save an adult girl in the normal world, but when this little girl would be raped and beaten as a slave you HESITATE? Seriously, if they would have made him decide 10 seconds sooner it would have made him a MUCH better person and then maybe the people that hate him(viewers) MIGHT start to see him changing as a person, but he continually does these things like this that make him almost a hero but because he is a coward or thinks only of himself first, it ruins it.

That guy it a North God, he basic stronger than even Paul. Remmber when Paul knock him out when Rudy was Young? He could be dead like 3-4 time if he dont have demon eye or any thing. On top when you got to the saint rank, you can tank most of basic magic. + North God are master of Survivor and dodge thing so with out the divide beast he better wait for Ruijerd or some one to deal with that guy he will just get solo kill if he try to fight close combat.
Oct 17, 2021 10:29 AM
Jun 2021
Erogamerss said:

Lol first Rudy dont want to kill people. Second that gut it North Saint, they are know for good surviver fighting and playing trick, they could easy react to it + touki so no way you and knock him down with just that.

Not saving those kids when he is fully capable was akin to allowing them to be murdered and more. We saw that last episode. From the way he was moving rocks, he seems like he could easily crush the man’s head. No amount of sword skills or quick maneuvers can save a blinded man from a smashed skull.

But I agree that Rudy is hesitant to fight so brutally, and that’s probably the main contributor as to why he got stabbed in the leg (besides it being a skilled opponent). He’ll have to get over that if he really wants to keep Eris safe. His pounding heart highlighted his inexperience and fear. That’s part of why I still like this episode despite my criticisms. Those (magic combinations) are all feats he should be able to utilize, but he doesn’t.

Because of poor writing or inconsistent character development? I don’t think so. Seems more like he doesn’t because of good writing and consistent character development (albeit slow). In this world, he is a genius mage with more magic ability than the deities of legend, but at the end of the day he is still a jobless neet that abandoned his parents funerals to yank it to hentai. He’s got a long road to go.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

468 by marta_valse »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

471 by marta_valse »»
Yesterday, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

416 by marta_valse »»
Yesterday, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

303 by marta_valse »»
Yesterday, 6:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2021

228 by marta_valse »»
Yesterday, 6:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.