Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2021 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, development problems is definitely a realistic issue in their entertainment industry.

I also find it interesting that this episode's goth loli may be a reference to Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai's Kobato. Oh and I'm also kinda surprised that Nanako can be gifted singer. Either way, it's good to see Kyouya keeping his morale up for himself and the team.

Apr 2020
Even though Mystic Clockwork has been released, there are still many bugs and errors in the game. Kyouya didn't want to interfere in this matter because he was afraid the same thing would happen again, but luckily he saw Nanako who decided to sing again, thus Kyouya also wanted to find a solution to the problem of the Kawasegawa team.

pretty good episode.

Jun 2019
Things are looking pretty good for Kyouya. He has grown familiar with his job and his family is doing great as well. Shino Aki is a great mother. And, looks like there are many people in the office as well who rely on him quite a lot. The girl who was supposed to do the illustration isn't up to the task yet. She's feeling down and isn't motivated at all.

The boss of the company is quite a strict one and it's making things quite tough for Kawasegawa and as a good friend, Kyouya wants to help her in some way but once again, he's meddling with someone else's work. And, as expected the launch went horribly wrong with bugs and other problems. He didn't wanna mess with this life again but because of Nanako, now he's gonna do that again. Let's see how that goes.

Jul 2017
Mama Shinoaki and daugher Maki are still HAWT...but Kyoya's ambition is not, and this is his only chance to do a redemption by doing things right in his current job with Kawasegawa as team lead of the company he's in.

In the current landscape, Kyoya has to fend for the new illustrator Minori Ayaka, who dons her cosplay suit to get out of her creative block, which last episode's pep talk with Kyoya did not work at all. She's just looking for her Eureka moment, but the entertainment company has no time to gleam over deadlines, to which Kawasegawa took the blame for this "Mystic Clockwork" game project.

Kyoya trying to help Kawasegawa with talking to the CEO, but even that doesn't work, and he's being told off to focus on Minori Ayaka. The results of the remake interventation was severe, and their game still released on schedule...to many game-breaking bugs from low gacha rates to inconsistent game mechanics. As much as Kyoya wants to butt in and help her, he can't do anything to save her ass and preserve the status quo.

Kyoya has deal-broken everyone's ambitions, but it's their perseverance that leads them to try again and remake what has been set in stone, and Kyoya makes the call to be the difference.

Even a curse can be a blessing.
Sep 11, 2021 6:05 AM

Apr 2014
yeaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Nanako backs to sing. 🎉

Sometimes helping others too much is not a good thing to do so. However, sometimes you need to help them as soon as possible. It depends on timing and the situation that you need to think carefully before taking any actions.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 11, 2021 6:40 AM

Oct 2016
Yeahh, there you go the legendary quotes "Ore ga nantoka suru".
I think the artis was cosplaying ranko from idolmaster?
And as we can see, there's also good effect behind the paradox. I pretty like this anime with their realistic.
YES
Sep 11, 2021 7:31 AM

Jul 2020
The interactions with aki and their child is hella cute, the realism is nice and I love how they're sort of addressing the time paradox aspect of it.

Even if kyouya can time travel, devkopmental issues are always going to be something lol.

Nanako's singing again which is nice, overall a decent episode!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Sep 11, 2021 7:43 AM

Apr 2016
I really hate how this show treats the fact that Shinoaki stopped with the drawings. Like Boo fucking Hoo, she has a loving husband, together they have a lovely daughter, most probably both financially secure. But No, thats a tragic future. Fuck off.

Also always apologise to Kuma-san.
Sep 11, 2021 7:48 AM
Oct 2020
is keiko supposed to be an important character?
ppl will say is she tho? well, the series make it as if she was an important character by the end of ep 8
but after that, she just become a background character like she always was, like again before ep 8 she was basically a side character that appears once or twice in an ep. im so confused lol
Sep 11, 2021 7:58 AM
Sep 2021
I think this will be the timeline till the end now. I think it would be pretty hard to skip back with so few episodes left.
Sep 11, 2021 8:03 AM

Feb 2019
Nana came through at the perfect time to remind Hashiba that his presence has had a lot of positive effects too.

I kinda hate how the series acts like Shinoaki’s life is over or something. Like yea she doesn’t draw anymore, but sometimes you stop doing what you did in Uni or you change careers. My mom went to law school and never practiced law, her life is fine lol. I get it’s anime so you have to play up the drama, but damn relax. Loving husband, quiet home life, maybe that’s a better path.

The whole gacha game situation reminds me a lot of FGO and I imagine this is how DW looked over the past year with the lack of content lol.
Marinate1016Sep 11, 2021 8:07 AM
Sep 11, 2021 8:06 AM

May 2020
Kyouya's living a rather normal life, well he can't do anything more than that at the moment, and it seems like he got his lesson of not meddling anymore.
Nanako decided to sing once again, a good development there. And now it's up to Kyouya once again to figure how to get away from this messed up situation.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 2:26 AM
Sep 11, 2021 8:19 AM

Jun 2021
Not a bad episode.

I'm not a huge fan of this mobile game arc. I feel like the story is delving into a new problem without resolving the main problem, which is how Kyouya destroyed the platinum generation.

Also, I can't help but feel like Kyouya is a sociopath. Last episode, he was feeling remorse for changing the future, but now he appears content with the fact that he's changed the future and is going on with his life. In the scene where he watched Nanako return as a no-name singer, I thought maybe he would cry, knowing that his advice had changed her life for the worse. Instead, he's just happy that she's singing again, which to me is a little nonsensical.
Sep 11, 2021 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
Seriously can't get enough of Shino Aki and their daughter. They are both so adorable.
Sep 11, 2021 8:43 AM
Jul 2021
is it just me because i feel like i just repeated an episode
Sep 11, 2021 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
Kyouya has decided to do nothing to help other people because he is scared to change the future again, but it seems that he will help Eiko thanks to Nanako ahah
Sep 11, 2021 9:07 AM

Apr 2010
Well at least the main made up his mind again. the question is what will change this time, will it be for the better or will it be worse.
Kyouya still has a lot to learn and one of those things is not standing still when someone is just yelling and not solving problems.

Yelling at work is unprofessional behaviour that usually doesn't solve much, if anything it just makes others feel bad which will drop their motivation.
Sep 11, 2021 9:10 AM
Mar 2021
Things are getting better and better
And I'm loving it more
Sep 11, 2021 9:15 AM

May 2017
ngl the timeskip ruined the series for me. If he had gone back to the past the series might have been saved but I don't think that's going to happen. quite disappointed cause the series started off well.
Sep 11, 2021 9:33 AM
Sep 2018
Dunno.

Creative types require a certain amount of freedom to create; it's not something you can automate. If the constraints become too severe... they cease being able to create.

Projects require structure, framework, a level of rigidity, or they won't get completed.

The balance point between the two, well, it's gonna be different every time.

Things don't always go as planned. That's a reality.
If they don't go as planned, insisting that you behave as if they did is, well, dumb.

The president of that company is an idiot. Or at least, he's been promoted above his level of competence.
Trust in the company for a successful IPO, etc., is indeed something desired.
What is it to be trusted? What defines integrity?
To deliver crap on schedule, or to delay and deliver gold?
Yeah, yeah, deliver gold on schedule is the dream, but if that's not possible...in the long run, provided the delays aren't too severe, there will be greater trust in a firm that takes the time to insure that what they release works.
Rule number 1, of course, should be that you don't announce a release date until you are far enough along that you can be pretty sure you can deliver by then...and pad the date anyway, just in case.

All of that said, there are externals that impact the optimum release dates; major trade shows, holidays if a consumer good (pre-Christmas release can be crucial). Not hitting those windows can majorly impact revenues even if the product once released is gold.
But we aren't told that this is the case here, merely that it's tied to the IPO...and the problem there is that the folks who buy the product and the folks who invest in the IPO are not the same folks at all.
However… if the reviews and feedback are bad enough, the folks who would invest won't.
In this instance, delaying the IPO until the product was truly ready for release would have been wise... and the impression is that Mr. President didn't at any time give that any consideration.

They certainly didn't pull any punches in portraying the firm's president as scum in all ways, but if that were truly the case... how did he hire such good people? There's nothing to indicate he came onto the scene after the firm was a going concern.

It's gonna be interesting to see if what Kyouya comes up with is believable.
Sep 11, 2021 9:35 AM

Jan 2020
Woah woah, since when gacha games are considered social. That one made me laugh.
Sep 11, 2021 9:42 AM

Feb 2012
21:31 The first video title フィクション 歌ってみたつて (I tried to sing "Fiction"). Is that this song?

The second video title is 流星 歌ってみたつて (I tried to sing "Meteor"). Looking at the video length, that must be a cover of this song?
Fortress_MaximusSep 11, 2021 9:48 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 11, 2021 9:48 AM

Apr 2015
There's no going back now is there.. with 2 episodes to go it's becoming more and more unlikely to happen.

I was honestly waiting for Kyouya to suggest taking Shinoaki to the artist who does the character designs for the game he's working on, to give the girl(s) inspiration to draw again, but it never happened, which kinda let me down there. Still a chance it will happen next week though.

Just the single line that Shinoaki said "Mommy is not a very good artist" just hurts to see :(

Nanako is back to singing again, there's still hope for the rest of the cast to be happy and successful!!!
Sep 11, 2021 9:50 AM

May 2021
Good episode. Mystic clockwork is having a lot of bugs and issues but just when Kyouya was about to give up, he sees a video from NANA and decides there has to be something he can do about it. I’m gonna miss Maki if he goes back in time though xD. Looking forward to the next episode
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 11, 2021 10:30 AM

Jan 2020
I don’t really like how this is going. First of all, Kyouya randomly marrying Shinoaki and having a kid already kills the “romance” this series is supposed to have with not having shown anything that happened between them. Also, Kyouya having screwed up everyone else’s careers while his in a better situation is predictable but annoying nonetheless. I have no idea what can be done to salvage Kyouya’s mistake, as well as this arc.
Sep 11, 2021 10:43 AM

Apr 2018
Well, after ruining the lives of other people. Kyouya is having some good family time. Development problems is one hell of a problem. The amount of stress that deadlines have is immeasurable. Nice reference to boku wa tomodachi.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 11, 2021 11:16 AM
Jul 2021
Man he's a dumb F. His dialogue pisses me off sometimes, especially in this episode. And WHY didn't he bring his wife to meet the girl who loves her art RIGHT away? It could have helped her get inspired, help the project get finished in time AND maybe help his wife get her passion for art again! The trifecta! But he's like derrr, I'm going to yell at my boss to demand the project I'm not working on get delayed, and talk to Eiko about stuff I should know about like I have no idea and make himself look stupid.
Sep 11, 2021 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
I can't help but think of that Cyberpunk game when seeing the issues these guys are facing with this Mystic Clockwork game. Tons of bugs, glitches, and overall a game that just wasn't ready to be released.

Someone already mentioned this but I was hoping that Kyouya would have Shinoaki meet with Minori to help her out of this rut she's in. That could have even given Shinoaki some inspiration to get back into art. Meanwhile it's nice to see Nana continuing her singing journey along with Kyouya not wanting to give up on this game.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 11, 2021 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
i fucking hate the MC.. dude went back into past and decided to not buy bitcoins.. fine... he was passionate about "Entertainment"..
then dude went into future with this busty wife.. and not even smash her? wtf.. i would banged her brains out..
Anyways.. Kawasegawa looks even more cuter with short neck hair.. then again.. she always looks majestic!
Oh boy! lets see how they solve this issue.. this reminds me how Fate Grand Order Korea server got the same problem where people were getting SSR on each roll LMAO..
that TR team would've been on fire like we were shown in this episode..
Sep 11, 2021 11:56 AM
Nov 2019
Alright so I was fully expecting him to go back into the past and redo his actions (like rezero) but I guess he has to live with the consequences of what he did, kinda like that idea tbh.

"We will figure something damn it." Ah yes how like a main character.
Sep 11, 2021 12:13 PM

Sep 2015
The boss is a terrible person, and can't understand how producitivity works as he abuses his employee having them worked to the bone.

And Kyouya as always, feels bland to me, drags this for too loing and when he takes action, it's just so cliche.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 11, 2021 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
Their company accepted a contract that was too demanding on their developers and now management tries to blame devs on something that is their fault?
Sep 11, 2021 1:26 PM
May 2017
To simplify, Nanako is still the best girl and Kyoya chose the wrong future.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ShadowMonkeySep 20, 2021 1:14 PM
Sep 11, 2021 1:46 PM

Mar 2021
Damn. So Kyouya will again clean up the mess, huh? Nanako's video was right on time to make Kyouya change his mind in helping Kawasegawa.
Sep 11, 2021 2:28 PM
Mar 2015
Nanoko kicked him into Kyouya mode
Sep 11, 2021 3:19 PM

Dec 2015
Usual thoughts about this episode i'm already tired of pointing its obvious flaws with a proper explanation every single episode:

Kyouya has the knowledge of a graduated student even tho he skipped the 12 years of said knowledge, like the last epsiode, this still is the dumbest thing this anime pulled, and to add one thing i forgot, it just makes fun of anyone that works on the area, because the anime is implying "it's so easy you don't even need to finish your studies on the matter to properly do your job", literally the guy just said "it's hard doing a job you don't know, but if you get used to it you can", that's literally laughing at the face of any game developer (also don't forget the anime never implied he failed during the month, which means he got used to something he didn't properly know how while also not failing for the lack of knowledge) this anime is just stupid jesus

Little shino replaced shino as the annoying character (but she's a kid so that's "expected")

I love that kyouya wants to make his life work on this time skip, but his relation with shinoaki exists only on the marriage papers, he literally shows no love towards his family lol "oh but potato he skipped the development on it" well yeah, but if you're accepting your reality and wanna make it work in a good way, at least try to care about it best dad 2021 lol

Like why the anime has the genre romance, its almost nonexistent

Also wanna point out how it's bizarre that the company he's working on is having a lot of issues that are totally unrelated to what he changed on the past, unless it wants to imply that him and kawasegawa working there is a bad thing, which is nonsense

Kawasegawa still is the best written character in this shit show

The director of the company is pretty realistic, he's as stupid as the director behind cyberpunk 2077 and the new fallout (i'm not joking he doesn't even sound like someone that understands what his company does)

It's funny how they managed to f up a gatcha game and suffer from it, duel links is completely awful as a mobile game and is the best money maker of konami

Lmao its so bad kyouya getting happy at Nanako being grateful to him, he literally made her future mediocre without she knowing it and he's happy because she wasn't mad at him, PAL SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW SHE WOULD BE AT THE TOP WITHOUT YOU

Also the episode ends with the usual "we can make it work because me the MC that makes everything work said we can"

Conclusiion of the week, this anime gets better when you watch it at 2x speed and this anime get's more stupid each episode
Sep 11, 2021 4:11 PM

Mar 2012
This show continues to be trash, feels like every single character revolves around the MC. The video of her singing was laughable.
Sep 11, 2021 4:30 PM

Aug 2020
woooooooooo Nanako started singing again.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 11, 2021 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Kyouya managed to do something this year that he is is already a good thing, but everything is being resolved little by little.
Sep 11, 2021 5:48 PM
Mar 2021
I fucking love this show, despite how flawed and overdramatic it can be at times
Sep 11, 2021 6:26 PM

May 2020
KarnaKua said:
I fucking love this show, despite how flawed and overdramatic it can be at times

its ur guilty pleasure anime, then right?
Sep 11, 2021 6:34 PM
Mar 2021
Natsude_tanaka said:
KarnaKua said:

Nah that'll be Kanojo mo Kanojo. That show is a car crash that seems to be getting worse every episode. N I still come back every week to watch that shit like wtf is wrong with me💀
Sep 11, 2021 6:40 PM

May 2020
KarnaKua said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

Nah that'll be Kanojo mo Kanojo. That show is a car crash that seems to be getting worse every episode. N I still come back every week to watch that shit like wtf is wrong with me💀

i mean this show is slightly better than that one but this show is considered as ur guilty pleasure haha
Sep 11, 2021 8:30 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Once Kyouya already said that magical word to never give up, i am pretty sure everything will sure be alright next time. Because he's the only one that had that kind of thinking. As for the overall opinion, never expect this to be dragged out in a more time, even having the same illustrator problem, like what? Really? Just meet her with Aki, smh. But, oh well, thats the plot. That president also a true pain in the ass too though. A very difficult boss to begin with, thats for sure. I feel so sorry to Kawasegawa.

In the mean time, Kyouya got such a heavy thought and consideration, for the sake of Mama Aki and cute little Maki. Either he need to repeat what he did in the past, or not, its a tough choice, and he almost did nothing about the case. Glad that Nanako awakened up Kyouya mind again into using his magic to solve every problem. Its nice seeing her be happy to always try, without Kyouya's help that time around. So, yeah, whatever happened in the past, keep moving on. There's always something you can do, and not nothing....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 11, 2021 9:23 PM

Jan 2020
Natsude_tanaka said:
KarnaKua said:

i mean this show is slightly better than that one but this show is considered as ur guilty pleasure haha

I honestly like that show. Naoya is a way more interesting mc than Kyouya ever was and the show is hilarious. Also, this series has become more boring since the time skip
AnimillionSep 11, 2021 9:27 PM
Sep 11, 2021 11:02 PM

Jan 2018
Didn’t expect so many episodes to take place in 2018. I thought we'd go back to 2007 really quick. I actually didn’t expect to enjoy this arc so much. I started thinking maybe the show will continue in this timeline until the cliffhanger dropped. Is the "solution" Kyouya's talking about is time leaping to the past again? If so how can he trigger it? His power is similar to Revival from Erased so Ig something emotional would need to happen for it to occur.

Man I hate people who scream at others regardless of context.
Sep 12, 2021 1:29 AM

Mar 2014
kyouya being negligent and just watching videos negion niconico at the workplace while your boss and your colleague were having a dispute. lol this is dumb.
Sep 12, 2021 2:28 AM

Aug 2019
first time in a while where I’m the one enjoying a show that everyone despises, usually it’s the opposite lmao; then again this show has been teetering between a 7 and 6 all season so maybe I’ll end up dropping the score anyways
snowykevinSep 12, 2021 2:32 AM
Sep 12, 2021 5:51 AM

Nov 2017
Again... why kyoya doesnt tell even a single soul about his time travel?
Now Loading.....
Sep 12, 2021 5:56 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, game development hell was right on the money. Nothing like a shitty boss making shitty decisions and torturing their developers. The first thing that really comes to my mind while I was watching the episode was Cyberpunk 2077 lmao.

I take back what I said last episode about Kawasagewa being happier with her job in this timeline, it's pretty much the same situation for her no matter the timeline which is sad. Shinoaki is an amazing mother man, and of course wife.

Nanako for the save! I know some people don't like Kyouya being the "hero", but I honestly missed his signature catchphrase lmao. Welcome back. Looking forward to the next episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

132 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

158 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

90 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2021

92 by ninjaberserker »»
May 14, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

211 by ninjaberserker »»
May 14, 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.