Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hell of a fight for MetalGreymon this episode. It looked like watching him take on minions from a video game hoenstly.

So much action this episode. Greymon and his partner Taichi carried this episode hard. Surprised to also see Boltmon in this season.
Jun 26, 2021 7:58 PM

Jul 2017
The Advventures of Taichi and Agumon continue on...

And Rebellimon is one hell of a war demon Digimon which reminds me of Machmon being in the similar style. And damn those Digimon who are just looking for trouble, much less Boltmon coming in hot. Cutemon is as its name implies, cute, but its puny size meant that it wasn't enough to stop the big guns.

But still though, this is one of the better episodes for the stalemate duo to ever be part of a story of. Feeling the tension throughout this one, and it's such a good episode that Taichi and Agumon just has to do some emotional prep.
Jun 26, 2021 8:12 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Dude, this episode was so boring, it was really hard not to fall asleep while watching it. I mean, what was even the point of it? To have yet another Taichi centric episode, that wasn't even centered around Taichi this time? To fill some space in the 66 episode slot? For those who haven't watched, you won't miss out on anything by skipping it, I can assure that with confidence.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 26, 2021 9:52 PM

Oct 2017
A lot action this episode which were cool. We keep getting more and more Taichi episodes.
Jun 26, 2021 11:01 PM

Jan 2009
wow a Full Sakuga Episode that is rare for this show

i saw Naotoshi Shida the ace action animator of Toei there in the end too with his signature high frame rate animation with lots of cool camera movements

Rebellimon is the ultimate evolution of Ogremon eh so he survived

and an ultimate level can defeat a mega level huh
Jun 27, 2021 1:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Probably one of the episode with the most fights, cutemon is not cute anyway
Jun 27, 2021 2:21 AM

Feb 2008
Whoa, they really splurged on the animation in this episode!
Jun 27, 2021 4:37 AM

Mar 2018
Meh. The shounen classic "I became stronger cuz I have something to protect" trope. The animation was great this time tho.

Let's talk about the next episode which is Mimi's one that usually tends to be somewhat better in this reboot. Did I see just Jijimon in preview? Damn, Digimon World 1 trauma nostalgia from PS1 era is strong now. And can't wait for giantess Rosemon.

Jun 27, 2021 8:08 AM

Apr 2020
Wow, a good episode. Nice fights.

Too many chainsaws today. Chainsaw man trailer coincidence?
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 27, 2021 8:32 AM

Apr 2011
rasterman7 said:
Dude, this episode was so boring, it was really hard not to fall asleep while watching it. I mean, what was even the point of it? To have yet another Taichi centric episode, that wasn't even centered around Taichi this time? To fill some space in the 66 episode slot? For those who haven't watched, you won't miss out on anything by skipping it, I can assure that with confidence.

I have to agree. This would've fit in much better ten episodes ago - especially with the great animation.

We have twelve episodes left, three megas to reveal, the crests to explain, and the big bad to set up and defeat. This is not the time for episodes about potential supporting characters we haven't seen for 30~ episodes @the writers
Jun 27, 2021 10:10 AM

Jun 2010
the animation changed half way lol. Cool action but average plot. I agree with everyone who thinks this episode is boring, like what's the point? It hinted that Orgemon survived (or reborn, idk, i don't remember) but then both Taichi and Agumon brushed it off at the end, huh

Anyway, next ep is Rosemon. Consdering Mimi's treatment in this reboot so far, I expected next ep will be a better episode
Jun 27, 2021 11:08 AM

Sep 2011
This was a very nice, well done episode in a vacuum. Buuuuuuuuut we're already in the endgame of the show and we still have at least 3 of the remaining twelve episodes that have to introduce new megas and we still don't know who or what our final antagonist is so it feels like wasted time.
Jun 27, 2021 3:09 PM

Jun 2017
The Ogremon hint was nice but that's about this episode. lol
Jun 27, 2021 3:12 PM

Jan 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
This was a very nice, well done episode in a vacuum. Buuuuuuuuut we're already in the endgame of the show and we still have at least 3 of the remaining twelve episodes that have to introduce new megas and we still don't know who or what our final antagonist is so it feels like wasted time.

i dont think this will end in 66 episodes only, maybe just like Dragon Ball Super they will change the initial episode count to become 100+ episodes in the end
Jun 27, 2021 4:54 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 54 and its good.. what if digimon has a soul? Even if they may be data.. that is just one mystery that remains to be solved, tho taichi and agumon felt it in rebellimon, a soul like the one they fought fair and square.. well, data must have been reused in some way, since they met that digimon once more.. or the feeling of that digimon that is.. since energy can only be transformed, not created.. which means data or energy can be reused in a way.. also, have u had the feeling of searching for something in ur life, that ur so absorbed in it? Like rebellimon, that hes just fighting, so that he can find a reason or goal in this world.. i have, and am done searching.. anyways, i rate the episode a 8.5 of 10, 8.5 for both story and art..
Jun 28, 2021 8:35 PM
Jun 2019
I'm not going to let the fact that we are, apparently, near the end bother me. This show must have something up its sleeve and I am just going to talk about the quality of this episode. TBH, I really liked it a lot. There was a lot of tension when it seemed like Boltmon was about to squish Cutemon. The animation was really great for some reason - since this episode is not really connected to the main plot, perhaps this is a sign that we'll be getting this level of animation for now on? One can hope.

I really liked that the episode also revisited a character we met long ago, Ogremon, in his new form. It would be cool to know what made him this way - why did he forget his memories and things like that. I really do feel like the almost episodic episodes hurt things like this somewhat.
Jul 4, 2021 11:53 AM

Jul 2008
What a surprise to have ANOTHER TAI EPISODE on Taichimon Adventure 2020. I can't stop laughing and how badly everyone else and their digimon have been shut out of this show.

That said it was nice to see Ogremon again.
Jul 11, 2021 1:23 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god it's Taichi and Agumon again...
Why?
Toei really milking out this two characters for selling toys.
It's Ridiculous.

Rebellimon and Cutemon story was okay, but it doesn't have any impact for the Crest Story at all...
Jul 18, 2021 9:50 AM
Jul 2016
LambdaMan93 said:
[...]

I really liked that the episode also revisited a character we met long ago, Ogremon, in his new form. It would be cool to know what made him this way - why did he forget his memories and things like that. I really do feel like the almost episodic episodes hurt things like this somewhat.

Seems that evolution path is linear (according to wiki), so Ogremon was likely near death and evolved hence the amnesia. Izzy could've just hinted that at the episodes' end, but since this is a kids show... I guess not? Cool the plot made use of that evolution stage, otherwise just an forgettable episode.
Sep 2, 2021 11:23 AM

Jan 2021
Oh I'm not gonna lie, despite being another Taichi-centric episode for absolutely no reason, I actually liked this episode. It's nice to see Ogremon again.

Didn't expect we'd actually get some sakuga animation on a random episode like this too lol.
Feb 14, 2022 9:29 PM

Feb 2020
And yet another Taichi episode, sigh... However, this was a pretty good episode. It was cool to see Cutemon and Ogremon (Rebellimon) again. They are such a cute duo. :3
Apr 26, 2022 3:32 PM

Jul 2013
This episode gave me Mad Max vibes
Sep 4, 2023 2:00 PM

Nov 2012
just what this show needed, a dead boring, tai-centric episode.
at least we get some new animated appearances of other digimon....I honestly think that's all I can hope for at this point...that they'll sneak in lots of underutilised digimon cameos...even that is probably asking for too much
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 18, 3:56 PM

Feb 2015
The animation was the only good thing about this episode. And that honestly makes me kinda mad, cause they put in more effort animating this filler than most of the episodes that are highlighting any of the other kids (and those are rare anyway).
No one wanted another episode focusing on Taichi and Agumon and I guess in some weird kind of way, this wasn't one of those cause they were kinda irrelevant as well. Which makes the entire episode even more weird, cause what was the point here? ^^'
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2020

80 by Themeaningof4869 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 7 Discussion

Ishkoten - Jul 18, 2020

24 by lucsxcx »»
Apr 28, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.