Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 2020 5:19 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, Omnimon with Taichi and Yamato by their side.

This episode felt like watching a boss fight with a mega battling against a monster in that world. Action is pretty fluid in terms of the Digimon theme style. It looks like Omnimon packs the firepower of a mega as you'd expect from this show.

Hope Taichi can make the best use of that digidevice. Nice to see more familiar faces like Kari and Sora though.
Stark700Apr 18, 2020 5:31 PM
Apr 18, 2020 6:42 PM

Nov 2016
Seems like next episode is going to mark the start of the real adventure. Might be naive, but I hope the series will be able to redeem itself from the lackluster first impressions with that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2020 7:46 PM
Feb 2018
Actar said:

- Mimi/Hikari fans, looks like you're gonna have to wait. Only 6 lights entered the Digital World at the end and it looks to be Yamato, Takeru, Jou, Sora, Taichi and Koushiro.

It's definitely Mimi, not Takeru. Takeru is Yellow. The ED shows whom the 6 are that go.
Apr 18, 2020 8:01 PM

Feb 2019
Fuck yea let’s go boys. It’s Saturday night and there’s no better way to end off a long day of anime than with Adventure(2020). Been waiting all week for this ep.

The animation during the omegamon fight was awesome. Wasn’t expecting to see him this early in the series, and it brings up some power-scaling questions, but it was fun nonetheless

The show in general just looks so pretty and well polished. Great to see the series in such an updated form

Omg best girl sora has arrived

No way the episode’s over that quick?!! Wtf. Felt like it lasted 10 minutes.

Probably gonna get roasted for this, but I’ve enjoyed the first 3 eps of 2020 much better than the original series. I’ve seen some complaints about the pacing, but I find the pacing to be perfect. One of my biggest complaints with the original was how slow it felt on Jetix. Can’t wait for next week.
Apr 18, 2020 8:01 PM

Dec 2008
Joe and Sora!

So they're finally going to the digital world? Also hopeful the series will get better. Remaking Bokura no Wargame (and badly) to freaking start the series wasn't a good choice, but doesn't mean the whole show will be like that.
Apr 18, 2020 8:03 PM

Oct 2008
cptkillianswan said:
Actar said:

- Mimi/Hikari fans, looks like you're gonna have to wait. Only 6 lights entered the Digital World at the end and it looks to be Yamato, Takeru, Jou, Sora, Taichi and Koushiro.

It's definitely Mimi, not Takeru. Takeru is Yellow. The ED shows whom the 6 are that go.

Ah! Yes, thanks for the correction!
Apr 18, 2020 8:09 PM
Feb 2018
The Digital World looks amazing!
Apr 18, 2020 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
I have no idea how I feel about this so far. How did so much yet so little happen in the first three episodes? Why did they establish things in a more "digital" looking world, if they're still going to go to the OG digital world? Why did they have Omnimon show up so early? The next episode looks more like the OG series, and will probably be completely different in tone, which makes me wonder what the point of the first three episodes was. It almost felt like filler, which is sad that the culmination of the original series has been reduced to this.

Sorry if that was incoherent rambling, I just have so many thoughts that I can't really put into words..
ChangeLeopardonApr 18, 2020 9:23 PM
Apr 18, 2020 8:50 PM

Dec 2012
These three episodes were much better than the original three episodes.
In the original the kids get attack by a Digimon then the Digimon evolve to their adult forms and defeats the enemy.
While here the it's different it isn't the same formula they used from before.
Having Omegamon at the beginning it shows how powerful a Digimon can get. Even though Taichi and Yamato aren't friends yet.
Storytelling in the reboot is much better. Having Takeru and Hikairi out is better since it will build up something big later on with Angemon and Angewomon.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Apr 18, 2020 9:11 PM
Sep 2015
LOL they can't change the missile trajectory like that.

Anyway, DigiDestined children seem to have more active role when their Digimon fight (though not as active as Digimon Frontier). Usually children are just cheering their Digimon fighting from the distance, they're not even give an order like Pokemon trainers. Now they're connect to their Digimon and act as some kind of peripheral devices.

Taichi and Sora seem to be hinted as childhood friend, but as a BL shipper this is bad news for me. When I'm talking about 'fixing relationship in this reboot' I mean change from heterosexual to homosexual relationship, or between characters and their Digimon partner!
Apr 18, 2020 10:05 PM

Oct 2018
Marinate1016 said:
Fuck yea let’s go boys. It’s Saturday night and there’s no better way to end off a long day of anime than with Adventure(2020). Been waiting all week for this ep.

The animation during the omegamon fight was awesome. Wasn’t expecting to see him this early in the series, and it brings up some power-scaling questions, but it was fun nonetheless

The show in general just looks so pretty and well polished. Great to see the series in such an updated form

Probably gonna get roasted for this, but I’ve enjoyed the first 3 eps of 2020 much better than the original series. I’ve seen some complaints about the pacing, but I find the pacing to be perfect. One of my biggest complaints with the original was how slow it felt on Jetix. Can’t wait for next week.

I don't like to compare it to the original, but I'm glad they're doing it different. Instead of following the episodic evolutions to adult level, we already got Garurumon from the start and (even though I didn't want it to happen this early) Omegamon. Anyway, I guess the episodic evolutions will start from next episode onwards.

I felt the same about the ep. duration lol it ended so quickly.
What really happened at the forest back in S2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqZ80FvQDQ
Apr 18, 2020 10:11 PM

Jan 2009
they did not even show the name of that fusion of a Digimon

they add EMP that can kill all electronics like the internet that was cool

and they add that Digimons are artificial intelligence beings so thats more cool

also they finally shown the Digimon island in the end

next week its Soras time to shine
Apr 18, 2020 10:20 PM

Oct 2017
The fight was pretty hype and nice they saved Tokyo. Looks like the intro's over and the adventure starts with next episode. That last scene was really beautiful damn.

I'm loving this reboot so far and hoping for more great episodes.
deg said:

They wanted to keep it a mystery for the time being for the sake of the story I guess.
Apr 18, 2020 10:34 PM

Jan 2009
MegamiRem said:

deg said:

They wanted to keep it a mystery for the time being for the sake of the story I guess.

ye i say you are totally right about that especially for the sake of new fans of this franchise
Apr 18, 2020 10:44 PM

Apr 2014
MegamiRem said:
The fight was pretty hype and nice they saved Tokyo. Looks like the intro's over and the adventure starts with next episode. That last scene was really beautiful damn.

I'm loving this reboot so far and hoping for more great episodes.
deg said:

So I thought about it a bit more...My theory is that they're going to spend the season trying to figure out exactly what happened, like what sent the missile and where omegamon came from. They'll discover the main villain within the first half of the series and try to summon omegamon again, but fail. Then by the end of the series they'll figure out how to control the power and defeat the villain, OR they'll uncover some new form that's even more powerful than Omegamon and use that to defeat the villain.
Apr 18, 2020 11:02 PM

Jan 2013
I did like the fight told with just the visuals instead of dialogue, but it still is a bad writing choice. Agumon and Gabumon did not die or lose their memories so it still feels forced and make some lame excuse to not evolve to Omegamon in the future.

REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Apr 18, 2020 11:33 PM
Jul 2019
Until now

old version
the old was very mess introduction
and the drama was ridiculous
normal animation

new version
this version has good drama and good introduction
and the mystery is much better
the animation is great
Apr 18, 2020 11:39 PM
Jul 2019
Louro_8 said:
Marinate1016 said:

I don't like to compare it to the original, but I'm glad they're doing it different. Instead of following the episodic evolutions to adult level, we already got Garurumon from the start and (even though I didn't want it to happen this early) Omegamon. Anyway, I guess the episodic evolutions will start from next episode onwards.

I felt the same about the ep. duration lol it ended so quickly.

get precocious Omegamon gave some mystery to the story in a good way
Apr 18, 2020 11:48 PM

Jun 2010
Is it bad that I was more excited to see silhouette of Joe and Sora's introduction than Omegamon fight? I don't buy into that how you disable a missile trajectory but then again, at its core Digimon is still a kid show.

Then again, I feel like this reboot will emphasize more on the connection between the Digital World and the Real world, don't know, just a thought. I remember in the original, the digimon battle occurred in the real world much later in the series, whereas in this reboot, the effects already happened and will happend again now. I still have mixed feelings for this, mostly because I still miss the evolution sequence. I feel like the reboot want to get rid of the evolution sequence to emphasize more on investigating the mystery of the DW. It's certainly a different take but it certainly kills the hype when a digimon evolves, at least to me. I used to get so excited seeing the Digimon evolve, and then the kids had to learn of their inner selves through the crest, thus evolve their digimon partners.

Speaking of which, I wonder if new viewers questioned the crests or just dismissed them. It kinda bothered me a little how Koushiro and Taichi talked about Agumon and the Digital World but never questioned the strange symbol appeared on the Digivice and their significance.

For now, I'm excited for next episode because it will be about Sora and Piyomon! Let's see if there will be an evolution sequence or not. And then, we will finally get to meet all the children!
Apr 19, 2020 12:06 AM

Oct 2018
Hhguf said:

I'm not completely against them using Omegamon this early, I didn't go berserk like some fans did lol but there were other ways to add mystery to the story without having to use Omegamon. I think many of us are a bit tired of Omegamon after the tri. movies. I'm actually hoping they give us new evolutions when they fight the final boss (for example, the new evolutions from the latest movie).
What really happened at the forest back in S2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqZ80FvQDQ
Apr 19, 2020 12:12 AM
Jul 2019
Hanaki_Neko said:

Speaking of which, I wonder if new viewers questioned the crests or just dismissed them. It kinda bothered me a little how Koushiro and Taichi talked about Agumon and the Digital World but never questioned the strange symbol appeared on the Digivice and their significance.

There's many mysterious thing happened whay they should questioned about the symbol
It's just a puzzle they have to understand later, not now
Apr 19, 2020 12:17 AM
Jul 2019
Louro_8 said:
Hhguf said:

I'm not completely against them using Omegamon this early, I didn't go berserk like some fans did lol but there were other ways to add mystery to the story without having to use Omegamon. I think many of us are a bit tired of Omegamon after the tri. movies. I'm actually hoping they give us new evolutions when they fight the final boss (for example, the new evolutions from the latest movie).

I didn't watch new movies, the last time I watched the series was on TV when I was a child
Watching new movies means I have to re-watch the entire series before that
Apr 19, 2020 12:21 AM

Jul 2017
Whilst I wasn't a big fan of this episode, gotta admit the music was sweet.
Apr 19, 2020 12:24 AM

Oct 2018
But hey, at least they're not sticking to that old formula:
EP1: Baby -> Rookie
EP2 - EP7: Rookie -> Adult (one at a time, leaving out Patamon because he's special)

Even though I think they're gonna use that formula again starting from next episode, it was nice that it started in a different way.

I'm also waiting for Mimi and Jou's reactions.
At this point, Taichi, Koushiro and Yamato already know about the Digimon and that stuff, and Sora is with Taichi, so he's probably gonna tell her what happened. However, Jou and Mimi are clueless, I guess. They probably arrived in the Digital World alone, and they're always the comic relief so... yeah xD (It would be cool if they arrived together in the Digital World)
Apr 19, 2020 12:28 AM

Oct 2018
Hhguf said:
Louro_8 said:

I didn't watch new movies, the last time I watched the series was on TV when I was a child
Watching new movies means I have to re-watch the entire series before that

Oh ok, I see. I don't think you missed much, to be honest. The tri. movies were, overall, disappointing. The best one was probably movie 3.
Apr 19, 2020 1:28 AM

Feb 2013
The missile was so close, scary!
Apr 19, 2020 3:32 AM
Aug 2017
Oh Man the Digital World looks so good, I think we can confirm that this is going according to v-pet lore because if that ain't the Net Ocean, I don't know what is.

Also... is that a lower evolved form of Shademon causing the blackout?! We went from the big boss of the Savers movie to the final boss of the Xros Wars manga (very different story from the anime). Not to mention they're bringing out some obscure mons and not just relying on the ones known from Adventure like we got Brachiomon, Stegomon and Pupumon in that establishing shot.
Apr 19, 2020 3:44 AM

Mar 2012
Feels a bit weird to me because even though it may be on strange happenstance, they already had access to Jogress and warp by episode 3.

Also Yamato have an adult/late teen voice despite being, uh, 11?
Apr 19, 2020 4:06 AM
Oct 2013
saifors said:
Oh Man the Digital World looks so good.

Exactly!

The only real thing I didn't enjoyed so far was the rushed evolution (which clearly was needed) in the first episodes, but that is just because I can't find a good explanation for this, maybe I'll be wrong later, but the progression is a huge part of it.

Animation seems great, I hope they get to go to the Digital World without a time limit too.
Apr 19, 2020 4:24 AM
Jul 2018
So, we finished the introduction arc and now we're going to the adventure in the real Digital World. It was an okay episode, maybe we saw Omnimon in episode 2 and 3 because we're never going to see him again, who knows (probably we will).

In my opinion, this first season will be used to present every Champion and perhaps MetalGreymon. At this point I just hope everyone has a Mega in the end.
Apr 19, 2020 5:17 AM

Jul 2019
tbh i like the animation, i like the ost and soundtrack and i like the characters, im just not sure where they're going with the plot, for now 8/10 until we actually see where this is going oof
Apr 19, 2020 5:46 AM

Aug 2014
Oof.

Maybe now that we are over the "Our War Game"-remake, we can finally move on to more interesting things. I hope.

So far every change, that has been done is either for the worse or just meh.

Most annoying is, that they keep playing the card, that we as an audience already understand, who the characters are and the dynamics between them.

Tai and Matt just took down a Mega Digimon without flinching, like they had years of training in fighting Digimon.

The whole DigiDestined and Digimon relationship is after 3 episodes still left unexplained. Tai hasn't even had an on-screen exchange with Agumon yet. Are Digimon like V-Pets now, can DigiDestined even communicate with them in any way as is right now? Why is Tai so sure he'll be able to contact and bring out Agumon again in the next episode? Can they communicate via DigiVice, but the animators didn't bother showing us any of that?

The Our War Game remake was interesting in that they replaced Diaboromon through Algomon and it seems like "Our War" isn't completely over yet, but on the other hand, we've seen it already... and done better, if I might add (no disrespect to the animators, they did a good job, but the episodic format really ruined any sense of tension, that the original had and only gave more space for people to question the logic of the remake - i.e. the Omnimon appearance) Positioning it at the start of the series might also really undermine any future development of the show. The whole introducing of Tai and Matt as heroes from the get-go f.e. leaves little room for character development and makes the relatability with them harder. I want DigiDestined, who crap their pants at the first sight of a giant beetle or one's that think they can raise a dinosaur baby by themselves, but fail miserably. The new Tai and Matt just bore me.
Apr 19, 2020 6:37 AM
Aug 2015
The story progressed pretty much like I had imagined now. I am very excited now how this is going to continue. And now what was missing from the first two episodes is now here that song that I am waiting now on. The op is quite banger when used in a right place. I really liked the subtle introduction to Sora and Joe xD. And seeing Yamato being probably by her grandmothers place is a nice touch (or thats what it looked like). And man its nice to be back in Digital World again place looks just as cool it looked in the original. And for me this start might have been better than the original in a way and I am glad that this is just not a remake but an actual reboot.
Apr 19, 2020 7:07 AM

Oct 2008
Alrighty, here are my polished-up thoughts:

First of all, the evil Digimon was defeated and the missile was stopped by Omegamon. Yay... They're pretty much invincible and all-knowing as Omegamon, with the power to even redirect missiles, so any stakes built up over the course of the previous episodes are rendered naught. Interestingly enough, even though Omegamon was portrayed as OP, we weren't even able to appreciate just how OP he was because they revealed him at the beginning of the series. Diaboromon was able to defeat WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, two Digimon who we've seen best Dark Masters handily. What did this guy do? Beat down a couple of Champion/Adult-level Digimon? Actually, Greymon and Garurumon were still standing at the end of episode 2! Can you really look at me with a straight face and tell me that you got the same OH SHIT reaction in this episode like when Omegamon dispatched hundreds of Diaboromon with a single shot from his Garuru Canon? Yeah. I didn't think so.

Speaking of the Omegamon fight (which didn't even seem all that well-animated or choreographed compared to the fights from previous episodes), there was no sense of urgency or desperation like in Our War Game. Notice that in Our War Game, even after becoming Omegamon, they still needed to figure out how to defeat the big bad guy? The solution? Something ingenious that was built up over the course of the movie. Imagine that! Omegamon was even less of a deus ex machina in the original movie than he was here! That on top of him being the culmination of an entire season's worth of growth is why he worked. Here, it is precisely because Omegamon wasn't earned, and was so OP at the end, that the entire escapade seemed rather pointless and there was hardly any catharsis. Look at Taichi's reaction after coming back to the real world. He was like, oh. That was fun, as opposed to. The only real fall out is (I assume) that EMP and the birth of a new evil digimon which really has nothing to do with Omegamon.

There are also no consequences to this power-up. Some people were assuming that Omegamon would result in an Angemon sacrifice. Firstly, that didn't happen. Even if it did, why would Taichi or the audience care because they only spent like 15 minutes together? For Angemon's original sacrifice, Takeru and Patamon's bond was forged over a season's worth of episodes, they had an entire episode dedicated to their relationship before that sacrifice and Patamon's evolution was built up very well.

It's precisely because they spent most of their time together fighting that it was only natural that Taichi didn't really seem to give a crap about Agumon or curious about Omegamon or anything after returning to the real world. Yeah, you can argue that it's because "I know we'll definitely meet again", but they seriously managed to build up a far stronger bond between Taichi/Hikari and a bestial Agumon incapable of speech in the original half-hour (sorry, 20-minute) Adventure movie than in these past three episodes.

Whatever the case, now that this arc is over, on to the next one. From a missile to a black out, we have yet another time limit. Just saying, even in video games, time limits are unnecessary, annoying and a lazy way for the developers to artificially raise the stakes. ...and I wonder if that's how they're planning on keeping the stakes up in this series, by imposing a time limit on everything. Hopefully not.

As per the title of this episode, it also seems that they're finally going into the "real" Digital World, but can they come and go as they please? That would change the dynamic a whole lot. On one hand, it does tone down the desperation and stakes considerably, but it's also a chance to have the chosen children be more agentive and assertive in wanting to save their world, which is good.

Interestingly enough, it looks like BOTH Takeru and Hikari will be absent from the adventure this time round as only six lights corresponding to Yamato, Mimi, Jou, Sora, Taichi and Koushiro went into the Digital World. How that will pan out with regard to them and their angel Digimon, once again, we'll have to wait and see. Let's just hope that they'll be able to stick the landing with whatever payoff they're hoping to achieve.

As for the next episode we have Birdramon. So, we're really going back to a formulaic thing with hyping up a new Champion/Adult level right after Omegamon and they expect us to be excited? I don't know... but at least they'll finally be able to slow down the pace and give us some much needed characterization and interaction. While Birdramon also did appear in the 4th episode in the original, Sora already had 3 episode's worth of screen time and interacting with Piyomon by that point. Will they be able to organically make up for lost time? Once again, we'll just have to wait and see.

robiu013 said:
Oof.

Maybe now that we are over the "Our War Game"-remake, we can finally move on to more interesting things. I hope.

So far every change, that has been done is either for the worse or just meh.

Most annoying is, that they keep playing the card, that we as an audience already understand, who the characters are and the dynamics between them.

Tai and Matt just took down a Mega Digimon without flinching, like they had years of training in fighting Digimon.

The whole DigiDestined and Digimon relationship is after 3 episodes still left unexplained. Tai hasn't even had an on-screen exchange with Agumon yet. Are Digimon like V-Pets now, can DigiDestined even communicate with them in any way as is right now? Why is Tai so sure he'll be able to contact and bring out Agumon again in the next episode? Can they communicate via DigiVice, but the animators didn't bother showing us any of that?

The Our War Game remake was interesting in that they replaced Diaboromon through Algomon and it seems like "Our War" isn't completely over yet, but on the other hand, we've seen it already... and done better, if I might add (no disrespect to the animators, they did a good job, but the episodic format really ruined any sense of tension, that the original had and only gave more space for people to question the logic of the remake - i.e. the Omnimon appearance) Positioning it at the start of the series might also really undermine any future development of the show. The whole introducing of Tai and Matt as heroes from the get-go f.e. leaves little room for character development and makes the relatability with them harder. I want DigiDestined, who crap their pants at the first sight of a giant beetle or one's that think they can raise a dinosaur baby by themselves, but fail miserably. The new Tai and Matt just bore me.

You don't know how happy I am to read comments like yours. (T.T)
Apr 19, 2020 7:11 AM

Dec 2016
dzn018 said:

Also Yamato have an adult/late teen voice despite being, uh, 11?

It was the same situation in the original show and many were critical for that decision. So now nobody has a clue as to why Toei insisted in giving him a voice way deeper than the one he's supposed to have given his age; everybody thought this time they were going to correct their mistake, something they didn't.

(I'll post my comments of the episode later, kinda lazy now)
Apr 19, 2020 7:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Now it seems more interesting than in the first two episodes, good
Apr 19, 2020 9:13 AM
Apr 2011
Actar said:
Alrighty, here are my polished-up thoughts:

I agree completely with this. I really hope this introduction doesn't leave a mark on the rest of the show, but I'm doubtful.

Fixing this whole introduction wouldn't even be that difficult. Have Yamato help Taichi with Gabumon instead of Garurumon. Have the virus be too strong, just as was done. Have Taichi be unwilling to give up, queue digivolution to Greymon. Together they beat the virus before the missile launches.

You have all the same story beats, without needing Omnimon to fight a ultimate(?) level digimon without any build-up. You just need some portal sucking them back to the real world after it's done, instead of the EMP.

As a side note. An explosion by a nuclear missile just above Tokyo, and everything is just fine? Even if the payload didn't ignite. Also, lol at the missile just doing a 180.
And the USA's response is: whoopsie, but we took it down with our defense missiles? One, taking down a missile at supersonic speeds is nearly impossible. Two, why would the USA have a missile defense installation near Tokyo? Everything works so much better if that missile is never launched.
Apr 19, 2020 9:26 AM

Jun 2014
Now that the "Our War Game" remake is over, it seems to have replaced the Parrotmon incident in this timeline? I can be on board with that.

Visuals - Still continue to look good. Entering the Digital World for real this time was pretty colorful.
Dialogue - Still hard to get into, and its weird that Tai and Matt just don't react to a lot of things. Either way, Sora gets pulled in with them now, so here's hoping we get to have more of a group dynamic going.
Apr 19, 2020 9:49 AM

Jul 2011
Love the new episode! Look forward for how the digital world gonna be here

Storytelling-wise the first arc is good to build up the mystery. I know a lot of us can't help but to compare to the original, but we should know that this series is a reboot and should comsume it as a brand new story.

The old era is ended with last evolution kizuna, the destined kids have grown up as well. This series is for nowadays kids to enjoy. Not like we can't enjoy it, but to enjoy it fully we need to see it from the kids perspective like we do back then. thats my opinion
Apr 19, 2020 10:51 AM

Jul 2014
So they still get isekai'd, glad they did, now it'll finally feel more like an adventure.
Still a bit iffy with that Omnimon shit they pulled and I doubt they'd be able to redeem that but heck, not a lot of anime to watch anyways so Im sticking.. I mean it cant get any more worst than that... I hope.
Apr 19, 2020 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
The new Digital world looks beautiful. Hikaru and Takeru seem to be as cute as always so that's all I needed to know, my biggest complain is how everyone is evolving left and right but the show is different enough and doesn't feel as nostalgia bait as it could have been, it still and will always be ofc but so far so good, hell I am still surprised Butterfly isn't the OP lol.
Apr 19, 2020 11:07 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Another action packed episode in which Omegamon beat the viral digimon boss and prevented Japan from being struck by nuclear missile. Now we get to focus on summer camp featuring Sora and Joe. The digital world looks amazing and it looks like Tai and Izzy are going back for another adventure with Sora coming along for the ride.
Apr 19, 2020 11:11 AM

Jan 2014
LMAO a bit off topic, but the logo brand of the laptop at the 3:26...lol
And that missile made such a big fire ball that could be seen in multiple countries around the globe, maybe a freaking 1 teraton bomb.
AsdrockApr 19, 2020 11:27 AM
Apr 19, 2020 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
EpsilonX said:
I have no idea how I feel about this so far. How did so much yet so little happen in the first three episodes? Why did they establish things in a more "digital" looking world, if they're still going to go to the OG digital world? Why did they have Omnimon show up so early? The next episode looks more like the OG series, and will probably be completely different in tone, which makes me wonder what the point of the first three episodes was. It almost felt like filler, which is sad that the culmination of the original series has been reduced to this.

Sorry if that was incoherent rambling, I just have so many thoughts that I can't really put into words..

Totally this. There 3 episodes feel each time more empty to me.
Without a doubt, this has been the worst episode, which shows protagonists who do not flinch, do not blink, do not speak, do not express any emotion on Omnimon's shoulders during the fight. Until the minute 10:30, practically no one speaks, and neither Taichi nor Mat speak! It seems surreal to me.

Then we have a battle that does not present any kind of challenge for Omnimon, which ends with a simple thrust. At least the digimons were expected to return to the forms of Koromon and Tsunomon, but not even that.

The theme of the camp, no relevance, happens in a few minutes and when you want to realize it, Taichi is already in the digital world (I expected some of them would met...only Sora? XD). The series overall feels very rushed, I am disappointed and I am afraid that it has become quite clear what the tone of the anime will be: a much more commercial and superficial version, especially aimed at new and young consumers which didnt grew up with Digimon 1, 2 and 3, specially.

Can someone discuss some of my points?

One last thing...I feel that the voices like Taichi, Matt and Sora dont match with their age (8 years if Im not wrong), they feel much more mature.
BelselApr 19, 2020 11:24 AM
Apr 19, 2020 11:17 AM

Jul 2010
Finally. Now we're talking!

P.S. wut isn't Takeru going to the Digital World?
Apr 19, 2020 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
Marinate1016 said:

Im not agree. The first chapter of the original has much more than the first three chapters of this one. Precisely the series is slow enough for relationships to develop between the characters, and between the characters and their digimon. In the first chapter you have a real and digital world, you know all the characters and all their companions, you know all the first evolutions, you have a battle against the boss, and you have the children falling off a cliff and totally lost, the plot is served.
Apr 19, 2020 11:36 AM

Oct 2019
Man I really like how this is going, I have the feelling that the misil attack was an attempt to kill the digidestined before they get to the digital world, taht would be a smart move from myotismon (or whoever is going to be the villan).
Also looks like Takeru isn´t going to the digital world yet, hope it isn´t for long, the relationship between him and Yamato is what makes Yamato an interesting character.
I want to see the next episode now ( >︿<)
Apr 19, 2020 11:51 AM

Mar 2016
For some reason, these last few episodes feel like a whole prologue to the actual original journey, but idk.
Since apparently the last episode was paying homage to some Digimon spinoff I was not aware of previously, I'm not sure how much differently the script will go compared to the OG Digimon series.
Apr 19, 2020 12:36 PM

Jul 2017
I see what they did there. The first 2 episodes were kinda like the Digimon movie but for this series. Taichi gets introduced to Agumon before the real adventure starts, and now that he's sent to the Digimon world for real, everything gets "reset." He'll have to evolve Agumon to his overpowered state from zero. Either that or they'll escalate power levels further beyond just Omnimon. Maybe everyone will start fusing like in the older Digimon games, or Frontier. Either way it was a pretty good episode.

The way the series is set it makes me feel it might get darker than the original Digimon Adventure. We'll have to wait and see.

Even if you kill me, even if you kill anyone, even if you reset science… There’s always an idiot who will try anything, and the shiny monkeys will inevitably create a technological civilization.

Apr 19, 2020 1:00 PM

May 2019
amazing episode
this is really enjoyable
again i did not see the original so i dont understand why people are not happy but im really hype for what coming next

i give this 5/5

also the Digital world looks incredible
AskaaApr 19, 2020 1:10 PM
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.