Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, Momiji really grew up in terms of physical appearance. Not much changed about his personality but he seems to have grown a liking to Tohru.

Storytelling still revolves with the curse continued into this episode. I'm glad they still focus on the different Zodiacs, and telling each of their character stories. Akito's despair and trying to hang on to Momiji was disturbing.

May 3, 2021 10:00 AM

Nov 2007
I know Momiji and Gon from HxH (newer series) has the same seiyuu, but oh boy. The grown up Momiji sounds so like Gon.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 3, 2021 10:32 AM

Apr 2016
I would not wish to my worst enemy the reality in which his own mother forgets him. That is just cruel.
May 3, 2021 10:34 AM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
dang, momiji really did grow up, really felt for him this episode

✧ forum set by the loml, toria <3 ✧
May 3, 2021 10:34 AM
Feb 2008
tsubasalover said:
I know Momiji and Gon from HxH (newer series) has the same seiyuu, but oh boy. The grown up Momiji sounds so like Gon.

OMG when i saw that its the same actress voicing GON i was So happy with excitement.
She does a fantastic job voicing boy roles
May 3, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2019
Damn... they really changed Momiji into a hottie in just one episode. He grew up really fast. Once again, we got to see the past or what they're thinking about their curses. Got to see Akito going mad about everyone leaving her. Welp, they can't stay beside you forever.

I found it interesting that Momiji likes Tohru as well, I always thought she was like a big sister to him. But, whatever. Kyou still not sure about Tohru. Papa Shigure is still funny as ever. I love him. LOL. The last scene where Momiji's mother told him to Take care made him so happy. I hope he finds his own path in all of this.
May 3, 2021 10:58 AM

Jul 2017
The discrepancy between the central Soma characters is starting to shift into high gear, especially between brothers Shigure and Hatori who are divided on Akito. Ayame is on his own, but his time will surely come.

WOW, Momiji in his grown-up self is so childlike, not to mention handsome heh. Hiro dissing Kyou in front of Kisa is funny, though she's a bit nervous. But while seeing more of the Soma Family engaging together is nice, the problem with Kyo is that he's still the unwanted animal of the zodiac.

To hear Shigure say that he is twisted and warped in his thoughts, given his playful demeanor, yeah I believe you so man.

Momiji's the 2nd person to be interrogated by the warped god Akito, and like Hatsuharu, it's basically the same death stare, but a taste of the broken curse rebellion in the most lucrative sense. Having lost his parents to the point of forgetfulness, that's one matter, but Momiji can't afford to look back at his past to achieve happiness, much less depend on Akito to decide his future. So start walking forward and create your own future.

To see Momiji finally free, what a jubilant feeling. More to come with "The curse is broken" taglines.
May 3, 2021 11:01 AM
Jan 2021
I’m kinda sad that i got spoil that momiji cruse was going to break but at least i don’t know why. Overall holy shit what a good episode
May 3, 2021 11:03 AM
Feb 2008
What I love about Momojii is that he really stood up to Akito when his curse was broken. Made me wish Kureno did that too long ago but couldn't help it.
so BRAVO MOMOJII

I know lots feel the announcement saying only 13 episodes but to me it seems like more first half on finishing up the side character's story first and then soon later near end it be more of tohru's and Kyo's first half and more on second half.
Not a mind reader but that's what i think.

May 3, 2021 11:04 AM
Sep 2015
The growth spurt is so unrealistic that I almost think there's a time skip between episode 4 and 5. Not gonna lie it really make me confuse at the beginning, which is not a good start.
May 3, 2021 11:04 AM

Jul 2020
Decent conclusion to momoji, with some open ended bits that I hope there's a season to cover or at least an OVA, with him going with his parents and the such
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

May 3, 2021 11:06 AM
Mar 2019
This episode was really good! I cried.. they skipped a few chapters in the manga, I am hoping they don’t rush it!!
May 3, 2021 11:07 AM
Oct 2016
I'm so happy for Momiji having his curse broken. It does make them feel very lonely when their curse is gone since like he said that connection to the other zodiac isn't there anymore. But you have to admire Momiji perseverance despite knowing he can't just return to his family. Momiji knows that even with the curse broken things aren't magically fixed however he can now strive to find his own future where anything can happen. Momiji might still find that happiness one day even if he's alone for now. The scene with Akito looking desperately up at Momiji after knowing his curse has been broken was so powerful. Akito pleading for Momiji not to leave. Momiji seeing how small and frail Akito truly is, wondering how anyone like that could ever have held him down. Momiji spoke some truth to Kyo saying how he can't just give up on Tohru because of his curse, someone could some and swoop her up. Momiji does love Tohru deeply while she of course has eyes for Kyo. Which Momiji sort of brought up when he spoke to Akito the next day as he was saying that the curse being broken doesn't magically fix everything. It won't give him his family back, it won't get him the girl he likes, its not something that will just make everything better. Momiji though will move forward despite knowing how alone he now is, looking for that happiness
May 3, 2021 11:15 AM

Nov 2008
Momiji's growth spurt is way too drastic. Would make more sense to happen at the very end of the series instead of now.

Lol it just bothers me.

This though. xD I love their sisterly bond ♥
ChiibiMay 3, 2021 11:24 AM

May 3, 2021 11:16 AM

Apr 2019
Momoji!!! What a great episode, again and again Fruits Basket always raises the stakes.

May 3, 2021 11:20 AM
Aug 2019
Momiji focus episode. The boy has really grown tall in the manga Sensei made us see him grow taller gradually but I don't know why in the anime they didn't do that.
Momiji does like Tohru he already said it in season 2 but I think due to his height a lot may have not caught on that. Momiji telling that to Kyo is also a way to push him to start pursuing Tohru. Momiji's curse broke he may feel lonely cuz he isn't connecting to the zodiac anymore and also he has no family but he will keep moving forward so he would find his own happiness.
Everyone's leaving Akito first Hatsuharu and now Momiji with his curse broken, like Shigure says they will all leave her behind one day. It's also very pitiful seeing her in that state begging for Momiji to not leave.
As a manga reader, I have one nit-pick I didn't like that they put the Yuchi scene in this episode would have preferred it after more episodes. But I like that they put Ayame + Mine scene in now and the Hatori + Mayu scene too.
For what's coming episode I know what it is and I'm very excited for it.

May 3, 2021 11:23 AM
Jan 2017
elpsyk0ngroo17 said:
This episode was really good! I cried.. they skipped a few chapters in the manga, I am hoping they don’t rush it!!

Don't worry. They didn't skip anything. They're just reorganizing chapters. They do it a lot.
May 3, 2021 11:24 AM
Mar 2019
phantomslay5612 said:
elpsyk0ngroo17 said:

Don't worry. They didn't skip anything. They're just reorganizing chapters. They do it a lot.

Phew, I have trauma from season 2 of the promised neverland haha
May 3, 2021 11:26 AM
Jan 2017
elpsyk0ngroo17 said:
phantomslay5612 said:

Dude, calm down. TMS Entertainment isn't a traitorous snake like CloverWorks.
May 3, 2021 11:36 AM
Oct 2013
I am so happy that Momiji is free from his curse 🥺😭😭 but see how conflicting of a moment it is for him. He doesnt know Kureno is also free so this must be such a lonely feeling, not to mention the fact that the girl he likes will probably never feel for him the way he does about her 💔💔 And on top of that he still cannot have the relationship he wants with his family
Momiji deserves so much happiness 🥺😭🙏🏽
May 3, 2021 11:39 AM
Aug 2017
elpsyk0ngroo17 said:

They aren't skipping them but reorganising the story. Next week we're getting chapter 109 according to the quote and prolly 108.
May 3, 2021 11:42 AM
Aug 2017
Great ep! It adapted chapter 111 and 116 with bits from 115 and other chapters but mostly 111 and 116. I loved it but I gotta say I was dissapointed that they removed or cheaply animated the kyoru stuff like Hiro asking if Kyo likes Tohru,or the little smile exchanged they had when everyone left. The cheaply animated comment was for the part when Kyo joins them and Tohru looks in dept at him blushing,I just wish they added more dept to the animation there since the manga did so. Otherwise,it was accurate and good.
May 3, 2021 11:46 AM

Sep 2018
My God did Momiji grew up fast! He became a man and started walking on his own path, not tied by Akito anymore. Even tho he's walking all alone, without his family or the girl she cares about the most, he still keeps moving forward with his beautiful smile!
well that's just my opinion.....
May 3, 2021 11:53 AM
Mar 2021
SakuraUchiha2313 said:
Great ep! It adapted chapter 111 and 116 with bits from 115 and other chapters but mostly 111 and 116. I loved it but I gotta say I was dissapointed that they removed or cheaply animated the kyoru stuff like Hiro asking if Kyo likes Tohru,or the little smile exchanged they had when everyone left. The cheaply animated comment was for the part when Kyo joins them and Tohru looks in dept at him blushing,I just wish they added more dept to the animation there since the manga did so. Otherwise,it was accurate and good.

Im not a manga reader, so i cant talk from experience, but from the comments i’ve read before and also how i see the anime, it just feels as if they were skipping some kyohru moments (even if they’re as small as a blush) and that they’re rushing it a little bit 🥲 However, ive got faith that at some point they will compensate it!
May 3, 2021 11:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fudge, that hurt. I've said this before but Momiji's sacrifice imo is easily the worst, having to insert yourself out of your own family for their well-being and happiness - that's just cruel stuff. And now, even though the curse is broken, Tohru's interest lies elsewhere.

But, that smile and joy in the end. Man, this kid deserves happiness! Finally saying the words to Akito in the process, way to go ~

On another note, it was nice to see the hangout and more on Shigure-san. Also, I can sense that Hatoru-san x Sensei will take prominence soon at some point. Can't wait for that!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 3, 2021 11:57 AM
Aug 2020
Man i really feel bad for momiji. He didn't deserve this much pain. Though his growth was just too much.,😅😅
May 3, 2021 11:59 AM

Sep 2019
Wow Momiji broke the curse. I wonder if he'll actually confess to Tohru, I'm looking forward to seeing that but I don't want Momiji to be heartbroken :(

That "See you later" at the end was really emotinal and it was great to see Momiji happy.
z00nexMay 3, 2021 1:24 PM
May 3, 2021 12:19 PM
May 2017
Momiji was like : "I'm free now b*tch so f*ck off"
May 3, 2021 12:21 PM
Oct 2016
Momiji has taken Yuki old spot of being Kyo love rival, Yuki moved on to Machi so Momoiji will sub in

May 3, 2021 12:22 PM

May 2015
Akito is so messed up, how could anyone stay beside her willingly after all the abuse she inflicted on them? I'm glad Momiji isn't as altruistic as Kureno. I wonder what triggered the curse brake though.
May 3, 2021 12:29 PM
Mar 2021
Momiji now looks exactly like shalnark
May 3, 2021 12:49 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ten said:
Akito is so messed up, how could anyone stay beside her willingly after all the abuse she inflicted on them? I'm glad Momiji isn't as altruistic as Kureno. I wonder what triggered the curse brake though.

Yeah, I'd like to know that too. It used to be that walking away from the family was an absolute impossibility and the Zodiac boys suffered all sorts of abuse and mistreatment from the mentally ill Akito. Why are they now able to renounce the family?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 3, 2021 12:52 PM
Jan 2017
SakuraUchiha2313 said:
elpsyk0ngroo17 said:

They aren't skipping them but reorganising the story. Next week we're getting chapter 109 according to the quote and prolly 108.

If that's the case, don't forget chapter 107. You can't do chapter 108's events without 107's big reveal. That just isn't possible.
May 3, 2021 1:00 PM

Feb 2018
Legit took me a sec to realize that was Momiji. The end of the episode almost felt like a send-off for his character, but we'll see if he appears again.

Also, can Yuki and Machi moments stop being interrupted lol
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 3, 2021 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
that smile at the end though... that was so precious i would do anything to see that smile more. first haru's and now momiji's curse has broken. When akito was like "don't leave me" i was laughing so hard and i was like bye bitch xD

So all this time, i thought momiji saw tohru like a "big sister" but he actually loved her which broke me. he was like yall btches thought yuki was the love rival but it was me the whole time xD From now on i just desperately want momiji to find his own happiness and make his own new family. But ngl his backstory is still breaking my heart to this day. This serie lowkey makes me at least cry once every episode. i'm not even gonna lie.

Anyway congratulations! momiji curse is broken!!!!!!!!and another week of fck akito
removed-userMay 3, 2021 1:03 PM
May 3, 2021 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
z00nex said:
Wow Momiji broke the curse. I wonder if he'll actully confess to Tohru, I'm looking forward to seeing that but I don't want Momiji to be heartbroken :(

i don't think he will. he saw how tohru was looking at kyo so he already gets that she doesn't like back in that way
May 3, 2021 1:09 PM
Feb 2020
Shigure was such a creep towards Tohru in this episode.
May 3, 2021 1:28 PM

Sep 2019
minfairys said:
z00nex said:
Wow Momiji broke the curse. I wonder if he'll actully confess to Tohru, I'm looking forward to seeing that but I don't want Momiji to be heartbroken :(

i don't think he will. he saw how tohru was looking at kyo so he already gets that she doesn't like back in that way
Yeah but he might still do it to make Tohru think seriously about her emotions while getting rid of his own emotions in the process.
May 3, 2021 1:35 PM
May 2019
Tellatez said:
Momiji focus episode. The boy has really grown tall in the manga Sensei made us see him grow taller gradually but I don't know why in the anime they didn't do that.
Momiji does like Tohru he already said it in season 2 but I think due to his height a lot may have not caught on that. Momiji telling that to Kyo is also a way to push him to start pursuing Tohru. Momiji's curse broke he may feel lonely cuz he isn't connecting to the zodiac anymore and also he has no family but he will keep moving forward so he would find his own happiness.
Everyone's leaving Akito first Hatsuharu and now Momiji with his curse broken, like Shigure says they will all leave her behind one day. It's also very pitiful seeing her in that state begging for Momiji to not leave.
As a manga reader, I have one nit-pick I didn't like that they put the Yuchi scene in this episode would have preferred it after more episodes. But I like that they put Ayame + Mine scene in now and the Hatori + Mayu scene too.
For what's coming episode I know what it is and I'm very excited for it.
Same here that scene is way later in the manga I didn't like that they put it now because their relationship is still developing it's not there yet where he would think about telling her about his curse so in the anime their relationship felt rushed
May 3, 2021 1:37 PM
May 2019
Farabeuf said:
Ten said:

Yeah, I'd like to know that too. It used to be that walking away from the family was an absolute impossibility and the Zodiac boys suffered all sorts of abuse and mistreatment from the mentally ill Akito. Why are they now able to renounce the family?
The curse is already very old and have been weakening and Tohru coming in their lives weaken it even more
May 3, 2021 1:43 PM
Feb 2008
elpsyk0ngroo17 said:
phantomslay5612 said:

oh god same here with the trama of Promised Neverland i mean what happened??? but yes yes heard cause of the change the arc from manga.
May 3, 2021 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
I am just happy that they finally adapted more of Momiji’s ark.
After reading the manga, I really hoped they focused more on Momiji’s ark. His story was left unfinished.

I remember when I watched the original Momiji’s ark...I actually shed tears for Momiji. He had such a difficult family life. But Momiji is strong, and looking forward to having his own family in the future.

Momiji was just one of those cutesy characters that people can relate to.
May 3, 2021 1:55 PM
Aug 2020
What can I say about this episode except that it was perfect? That scene with ayame and mine was so incredibly sweet, I’m kinda sad we don’t get to see much of them but it was a nice moment to include in this episode. The amount of character development we got for momiji in just one episode was amazing, the poor kid has been through and is still going through so much, but despite all that he stood up to akito. It seems like he may be getting through to kyo too, so I’m excited to see where things go in the next couple episodes. It’s finally hitting me that I am nowhere near ready for this series to end😭😭
May 3, 2021 1:56 PM

Apr 2014
Not gonna lie my heart felt so freaking broken. So much was going on in this episode. I don’t know where to start. I felt it so much for Momiji I Am glad he is free. But he has a long road to find his happiness. Momiji is really trying to push Kyo not to give up, and be honest with himself. Akito trying to hold onto Momiji seems sad. Because it looked like Akito doesn’t have anything else but those “bonds”, and the second he just broke.
May 3, 2021 1:56 PM

Apr 2015
I love that they showed quite a few ships at the start, so I am guessing that is very soon to come.

Damn that's the most insane grow spurt I have seen! Momiji really grew tall but I love that his personality didn't change one bit. What I loved even more is how he's now provoking Kyo about stealing Tohru away from him. Kyo's glare said it all.

So Momiji is the next Soma to break the curse, honestly at this point I was expecting Yuki to be after Haru, but this was pretty good.

It still pains me to see that Momiji can't be with his actual family, that sacrifice still hurts to this day and honestly wish this boy the bests of happiness.

Can't wait for the next "The curse is broken."
May 3, 2021 2:01 PM

Nov 2017
Momiji is too KAWAII!! 😍
May 3, 2021 2:24 PM

Feb 2014
Momiji's growth spurt is something else, huh? Going from a size of a kid to a proper high school teen in a space of a few months. I can't blame the female students who're going gaga over him now! XD

Still he has now become free from the zodiac curse, much to the horror of the ever suffering Akito. It is for the best for both of them, though.

Despite all this, I do feel sympathy for Momiji, as this episode does show that he does have feelings for Tohru, but he knows that the chances of him being with her is borderline impossible. His talk with his mother, even though her memory of being a mother to him has been wiped, was still upbeat and positive. You can't help but smile after seeing his radiant smile after his talk.

Poor guy deserves more happiness, you know?
May 3, 2021 2:25 PM

Oct 2017
what was the purpose of making momiji suddenly grow up? was it to imply that a change was coming? i found it to be quite strange as it added literally nothing to the plot.

also I hope that they explain how his curse got broken, because that's a pretty big plothole that they just ended the episode with. this is my least favorite season, but I am glad to finally see some plot development.
May 3, 2021 2:43 PM

Sep 2019
Goodness me, Momiji is free now. My bunny made the right choice and can overstand Akito, like what happened to Haru. This episode primarily focused on Momiji and I’m relieved he’s going on his own path. From a manga reader perspective, the staff kinda changed some of the scenes, which is fine. However, the only complaint from that episode is the scene between Machi and Yuki. It felt like it wasn’t necessary and could have put it in a different episode, where it mainly focuses on them. 7/10 for me.
May 3, 2021 2:46 PM
Feb 2021
phantomfandom said:
The growth spurt is so unrealistic that I almost think there's a time skip between episode 4 and 5. Not gonna lie it really make me confuse at the beginning, which is not a good start.
Yes there was a time skip actually! For a more detailed look on that I would suggest picking up the manga! I think it was like a year maybe time skip or something around there? My memory is a bit fuzzy on the exact time the skip was since I haven't read the manga in years.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

318 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

209 by PokefanPT »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.