Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2021 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, this was so generic. War, heroes, action, monsters, destructions, etc.

It's like everything you can think of from a fantasy anime. Looks like the anime is giong to be focused on Nemo and his powers. I'm guessing the story will follow his story and how responsible he can be as a hero.

Going to give this a few more episodes but this was boring.
Apr 4, 2021 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
Being a South Korean Netmarble smartphone game, and yet another Liden Films production (dang Liden Films must be banking on game adaptations in recent times), I'm not too hopeful for this one.

Albeit the production quality is better than last season's Hortensia Saga, but the story plot itself is just the standard action-adventure magical fantasy we've seen rehashed umpteen times. First impressions, but not clouding my judgment first.

From what I can gather, this is going for the game's plot since the Seven Knights' cards as utilized by the main male MC Nemo with the protective female warrior Faria. A monster extermination fest for sure.
Apr 4, 2021 9:37 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
calling a 6.30 or some shit for now, and a 5.50 by the end of it LMAO
Apr 4, 2021 10:50 AM
May 2016
Based on a smartphone game, yeah that exactly what I felt like was watching, someone playing a smartphone game.
Apr 4, 2021 10:52 AM

Jan 2020
Just stand as a promo for their new game i think

For now i just put this on watch list

Didnt wanna get my hopes up since their original game is tad awful

Screw you Dev K
Apr 4, 2021 11:15 AM
Sep 2015
Violence and death are not my cup of tea but there are many nice boys here that beg me to stay.
Apr 4, 2021 11:16 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty nice start for a game adaptation. Quite generic but I love stuff like this as a JRPG fan.

Characters seems likeable and the borrowed power concept is cool. The battle was pretty exciting. Animation was allright, visuals were nice. Liked both OP and ED. Looking forward to upcoming episodes.
Apr 4, 2021 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty alright, sure will get little better as it rolls on. Really cool looking creatures though.
Apr 4, 2021 11:35 AM

Feb 2019
It's a shame the protagonist here sucks so much. He's carved from the mold of bland dumbasses who stare blankly at everything. The kind who ask questions like "Why did you let yourself get slightly hurt saving a stranger from being torn apart by monsters? I just don't understand how anybody could not have a callous disregard for human lives unless you personally know them." If we had a protagonist like Vanishing Line's Sword or Rage of Bahamut's Favarro, things would be improved at least a dozenfold. It still wouldn't have the production strength of either of those, or even of its more closely related Chain Chronicle, but we wouldn't have to constantly be suffering his angsy milquetoast intentionally helpless bellyaching. Maybe he'll improve now that he has a dude living inside him that he can partially transform into, but he was a goddamned anchor on what would have otherwise been a decently action-packed episode.

Not that it'll blow people away either, or attract anybody who's not into fantasy adventure. It is a very action-focused episode, and doesn't embarrass itself by abusing stills or having characters spend half of it explaining their themed powers, but it's not going to make the highlight reels either. She has a glaive and shoots lightning. He has a grapple hook. They fight giant zombie monsters that bite people in half and turn them into more zombie monsters. The next episode promising that they're joining battle school was not a pleasant direction for the setting to move in though, but not an unusual one, albeit generally more for light novel things with this premise than gacha-based ones like this is. At least it seems to keep the action up. If it really does, and can introduce a plot with the basic setting stuff out of the way, it could be an okay enough fantasy thing. Or it could bog itself down in minutia, the protagonist remains terrible, and become a banal high school magical fight club thingy without the rampant fanservice of its light novel brethren.
Apr 4, 2021 12:08 PM
Mar 2021
Great first episode ! Refreshing to watch a new anime without fan service or a super dumb MC, looking like my favorite anime of the season so far
Apr 4, 2021 12:11 PM

Jun 2012
Hey look! It's every JRPG's title graphic!

OK start. Seems extremely generic and slightly less interesting than Hortensia Saga.
Apr 4, 2021 12:18 PM
Mar 2021
Great first episode ! Refreshing to watch a new anime without fan service or a super dumb MC, looking like my favorite anime of the season so far
Apr 4, 2021 12:31 PM
Nov 2019
Watched the 1st Episode - First thoughts were Generic, artwork looks OK, then - it feels like another Hortensia Saga.

I'll give it the 3 episode drop test but I'm already thinking it'll end up being 5 or 6 out of 10.

Apr 4, 2021 12:40 PM

Oct 2020
i will admit this is like super generic but it was a great episode imo im tired of stories abusing the fan service or having a dumb mc so this was refreshing to watch although the introduction of the school thing at the end kinda offset me
Apr 4, 2021 12:46 PM

Oct 2014
Imagine putting out this generic game-oriented plot with this setting at the same season as 86.
no idea if the project lead are either mad or dumb.
Apr 4, 2021 12:51 PM

Jul 2015
Looks like our seasonal adaptation of RPG game.
If you have seen King's Raid or Hortensia Saga, you have seen this as well.

Apr 4, 2021 12:52 PM

Jul 2011
So.....students with knight STANDS, fighting zombie type monsters.

I may continue to watch to pass the time.
Apr 4, 2021 1:03 PM

Aug 2020
might drop this after a few episodes, the aspect doesn't seem interesting at all.
Apr 4, 2021 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
Finally, a decent story, plot, powers and especially good animation without skipping the actions. I hope this won't turn out to be fast paced animation and ruins the quality of the story. The first is great and I hope to see more.

These are my types of story. What people mostly dislike from it being generic is the ones I like the most and I can say that this has the potential to be a good story, I would expect a 24-26 eps from this one... But maybe not.
CrazyButNot4UApr 4, 2021 1:52 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 4, 2021 2:11 PM
Nov 2013
Not sure what people are expecting from a generic fantasy mobile game's adaption. It's generic as expected but the animation and directing is above my expection. That was some really cool fights and probably can be considered in the top 10 great animation this season.

The characters are likable so far. The main char has lots of room to grow but I hope they can elaborate on his background. I mean, his home was jjst destroyed, we have no idea if he has family members died or not. I would feel very meh if next episode just focusing on him adapting to school and happily makes friends. Usually, what an mobile adaption lacks a lot is the inner drama.
Apr 4, 2021 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty disappointing first episodes, the main guy seems to be even more generic than generic shonen protags so yeah, that's going to be annoying, and how the other girl also treats the situation of a whole town being murdered like it's none of her business, idk, the main girl also looks super dense.

But some other characters looked cute from the Op/Ed, (and the Op isn't even bad), might try the 3 rule episode, but I'll probably drop it.
AlvaritoterreosApr 4, 2021 3:06 PM
Apr 4, 2021 3:03 PM

Nov 2016
phantomfandom said:
Violence and death are not my cup of tea but there are many nice boys here that beg me to stay.
This is literally me, specially the support male's gods.
Apr 4, 2021 4:14 PM
Jan 2017
To be honest, I didn't know what to expect from this show and I only gave it a chance because of the voice cast. Even so, I'm glad I watched it. For now, the show has good action and I liked the relationship between Nemo and Faria, especially because Daiki Yamashita and Hibiku Yamamura have fine chemistry together. This show has a long way to go to be truly enjoyable, but it's off to a good start and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 4, 2021 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
This is going to be a classic to be remembered for decades like Ghost in the Shell
Apr 4, 2021 4:56 PM

Jan 2018
well it looks just as bad, boring and generic as hortensia saga or king's raid.
also I've seen 2 times in this thread people claiming this was refreshing.
I wonder if we watched the same anime
Apr 4, 2021 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
it was a very fun episode to watch, this world is very strange.
Apr 4, 2021 6:09 PM

Dec 2020
I have a feeling that this show will be even shitier than Hortensia Saga
Apr 4, 2021 6:50 PM

Jan 2020
Very generic and forgettable just like I expected. At least the opening was nice

Apr 4, 2021 7:57 PM

Jan 2011
played seven Knights for quite a few years one of my first gachas never really followed the story but wish i could learn more about the characters more, but the time for that game kinda has ended so very confused on why they made a anime but whatever.

overall very Generic and way more violent(the hell lol), on top of that didn't really feel like anything i remembered i think this is taking from another seven knights game that has all the card student stuff and not the OG game.

will see how they do the actual seven knight characters from the game once they show up before i drop this because these new characters kinda suck
Apr 4, 2021 8:30 PM

Oct 2016
Actually not that bad, I think I can enjoy it. The OP and ED are pretty good though. I think this will be another Hortensia Saga, I mean I did enjoy Hortensia Saga a bit, but like Hortensia Saga I can't see myself rating this higher than a 6 for now.

Lidensfilms really loves their game adaptations don't they lmao.
Apr 4, 2021 8:46 PM
May 2016
pretty generic, but it's more enjoyable and better animated than I expect for a lot of smart phone game adaptations though. My only thing of course is that I have a lot this season, and I'm not sure if I wanna put this on yet, three episode test
Apr 4, 2021 10:49 PM
Sep 2020
Very cringe anime...Its so generic....There has not been a single thing I have not seen before...Maybe it will improve next episode
Apr 5, 2021 12:09 AM
Oct 2019
Seeing the first ep of this makes me think that I should increase my score for King's Raid... I sincerely hope that this is only 1 cour because from the very start the anime looks like the only interesting part will the concept presentation...
Apr 5, 2021 1:26 AM
Mar 2015
meh/10. Gonna see how it progresses but nothing too interesting so far
Apr 5, 2021 3:25 AM

Oct 2008
oh! so this is the Seven Knights game from PlayStore huh...let's see...
4/5.

Apr 5, 2021 7:04 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah... anime about european middle ages from someone that has 0 knowledge about european history or culture combined with feminist agenda... mmno
Apr 5, 2021 8:25 AM
Jan 2008
phantomfandom said:

Honestly should be the slogan for the show, ahaha.
Apr 5, 2021 10:20 AM

Dec 2015
Watched some mobile game adaptions in the previous seasons: They were okay-ish. King's Raid was too long but a good end. Hortensia Saga was shorter (which is better) but failed with the last episode.

Now for this one ... I thought I'd give it a try. Looked like some warrior-princess fighting - the girl in the pic. And the description about those knights.

But now: Those monsters seem boring. And the girl is some student council president. Those Japanese really like to have their schoo/academy settings lol.

Not gonna watch this any further. This will be a bit tooo generic for my taste - regarding the school/academy setting and the monsters. I'd prefer some medieval kingdoms and a lil bit politics in between. (Like the other 2 adaptions I mentioned had.)
Apr 5, 2021 10:26 AM

Jun 2016
An action-packed opening episode. Everything you could have thought of was in this ep, pretty standard stuff so far overall.

This Physis is a lot of trouble, the way they can mould together, and make new versions of themselves. Kinda creepy, if ya ask me. I felt like Nemo this episode:I don't know. Faria kicked ass this ep, despite being hurt. Kinda funny how she just up and quit the place after saving only Nemo, and was a train that long really necessary for about 3 people, lol.

A-Simple-SquireApr 19, 2021 12:54 AM

Apr 5, 2021 12:02 PM

Nov 2015
maybe i'm right to say that Magatsu Wahrheit were the only game adaptation with an actual great plot.

this one is really generic, the fight was good tho.
Apr 5, 2021 1:21 PM

Mar 2016
So that's why they choose deku's seiyuu for this guy, because he's gonna do a "from zero to hero". After an anime adaptation based on a mobile game that aired two or three seasons ago and that I liked I thought maybe we can have good anime based on games, guess I was wrong.
Will_do_it_later said:
I have a feeling that this show will be even shitier than Hortensia Saga

Can confirm, that one at least I watched the whole first episode, this one didn't even finished
el_morrisApr 5, 2021 1:24 PM
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 5, 2021 2:55 PM

Mar 2021
So, the weak male mc on this show suddenly become op in just one episode. come on, they can be more creative than that.

Apr 5, 2021 7:00 PM

Mar 2009
Of course the bland MC dude becomes super powerful out of nowhere.

Worst 1st episode of the season. Congrats.
Apr 5, 2021 9:29 PM

Dec 2020
el_morris said:
So that's why they choose deku's seiyuu for this guy, because he's gonna do a "from zero to hero". After an anime adaptation based on a mobile game that aired two or three seasons ago and that I liked I thought maybe we can have good anime based on games, guess I was wrong.

Oh what was the show's name?
Apr 6, 2021 8:33 AM

Jan 2008
Not terrible. Not amazing just meh.
Apr 6, 2021 4:16 PM
Nov 2013
I guess I'll just play a bit Elder Scrolls Oblivion instead.
Apr 7, 2021 1:23 AM

Aug 2014
I watched it at 3x playback speed. That's how unintriguing it was 😅
Apr 7, 2021 7:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
First minute in, the girl already attracted me with her nice song. I maybe too dumb. But, why she patrol through such a dangerous places with only just one girl student guard and also acted as the machinist too? She must be strong af with that condition. But, then, ofc the male self-inserted mc just took the last attention to close these first chapter xd. The shock element just too exaggerating that i can't help but laugh with that direction. Too lame to introduced them, generally. Ah, well.

However, if i can be honest here, the school outfit art looks cool. That megane style too, damn, its nice! Not to mention the girls design, look decent and pretty cute to my standard. Not to mention that the Ellen girl also voiced by HanaKana. I hope she got more screen time, considering she was also the seven knights of these show role, not just sleeping behind the scene without did much. So, yeah, guess if she got more screen time, i will be liking this generic game adaptation show more than i thought before xd. Lets see how its goes.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 7, 2021 8:30 AM
Mar 2019
It gives me tales of Symphonia vibes but i guess that's because it's from a game

Will watch till the end I'm already in love
Apr 7, 2021 7:35 PM

May 2017
hmm yes fate grand order
81982062_p0
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

34 by Abyhape »»
Nov 3, 2023 5:45 AM

Poll: » Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2021

23 by Abyhape »»
Oct 24, 2023 9:55 AM

» Romance in this anime

EXCALIBUR_843 - Nov 7, 2021

5 by stan20tabk »»
Nov 8, 2021 11:50 PM

Poll: » Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

15 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 27, 2021 1:35 AM

Poll: » Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2021

19 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 27, 2021 1:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.