Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2020 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, characters are getting killed even by lightning in this show now. Crazy.

Nature is some scary stuff. Looks like they were able to piece some of the information together about the death of Narishisago's daughter. Not bad.
Feb 9, 2020 7:35 AM

Aug 2013
So they made Hondoumachi went inside Sakaido/Narihisago's id well as a brilliant detective. Well, she does have the skills for it.

The director, Momoki, is being framed but by who.

Feb 9, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 2016
Oh, so it is as i thought .. Sakaido's wife indeed committed suicide after their daughter was murdered, F. Hondoumachi's outfit in the well, she looked like a lewd version of Sherlock Holmes xD.
Feb 9, 2020 7:50 AM
Mar 2016
honestly this anime keeps getting better and better.

so much intrigue, good drama, well-paced, good story :D
Feb 9, 2020 8:06 AM
Sep 2015
Yep, I guess they can't resist to use 'X within X', but it's more fun anyway. I guess at the deeper level can change the well's owner personality? We need to go deeper.
Feb 9, 2020 8:37 AM
Oct 2019
Momoki arrested for being John Walker. That was surprising but also a good plot twist in my opinion. I can't wait for next week's episode.
Feb 9, 2020 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
Momoki's obviously being set up. They might do a Minority Report here and implicate the
. Let's see.
Feb 9, 2020 8:59 AM

Mar 2018
Whoever's framing Momoki must've planned this for a long time considering that body they found. They would've noticed if it was freshly dug.

It would be cool to see Hondoumachi and Sakaido work together in a well if that's even possible.
Feb 9, 2020 9:33 AM

Oct 2015
Its starting to get seriously good.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Feb 9, 2020 9:46 AM
Dec 2017
This was the best episode by far. Really enjoyed the pacing of this one, sadly it felt over in a second. Also, a well inside a well, intriguing.
Feb 9, 2020 10:01 AM
Aug 2018
Yep, this show really gets better and better. I hope it will continue like this as I really enjoyed all the episodes so far.

I hope in the end we get a very tricky plot twist and some just right end, not happy and not bad, and also not a cliffhanger.

I don't want to feel the same as in Babylon and Kado: The Right Answer's case, when at the last few episodes the show went in a very wrong way and destroyed everything they built up until then, and what was really fun and interesting to watch until that point. :/
I want this anime to end as a very cool one that I can recommend to friends.
Feb 9, 2020 10:01 AM
Dec 2017
The old man that's running this whole thing is probably the real John Walker. Though I hope that I'm wrong and the plot twist is actually unpredictable.
Feb 9, 2020 10:32 AM

Dec 2014
SO john walker was the director hmmm
Feb 9, 2020 10:33 AM

Aug 2013
Noone talking about the Chad who can remember 10 million digits of Pi to solve a problem at first glance as well as recalculating it into days. The guy is probably the biggest genius, why they don't send him into the well?!
Feb 9, 2020 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
Why is Pink Hair dude in jail if he killed a serial killer? I understand because he just flat out shot the guy but I mean killer was probably gonna try and kill pink hair. Also the girl is getting on my nerves.
Feb 9, 2020 10:57 AM
Jun 2015
Well, to say that there was a lot in this episode is an understatement.

First, it should be clear that Narihisago's daughter probably wasn't killed by the Challenger, given that she in no way matches the Challenger's victim choice profile, nor did her death come from his elaborate underground ring with electronic audience.

I don't know what the point is for keeping the other serial killers around. They are not given enough screen time to do much other than spout pseudo-philosophy for a second, nor are they being used to go into wells, given that we now have Hondomachi for that.

The ID wells are odd too, as we are told that they can be accessed even after death, but can somehow be "updated" if the originator of the well is still alive, even old ones. Doesn't that mean that ID wells can become inconsistent, and then less viable? Also, I don't know how deeply the writers thought about the implications of the ID well in a ID well, but the more you think about it, the more it can't make any sense or follow the logic the show made for itself. For example, if the ID well in Narihisago's ID well is the actual ID well of another person, then that means that he did retain something from a dive, which to my knowledge shouldn't be possible.

Then there is the whole thing with the director. This also probably is a setup, given what little we know of him, the arrest by some random police organization, and the overwhelming amount of evidence involved, as well as the timing.
Feb 9, 2020 11:01 AM

Dec 2015
KamisamaHatatan said:
Noone talking about the Chad who can remember 10 million digits of Pi to solve a problem at first glance as well as recalculating it into days. The guy is probably the biggest genius, why they don't send him into the well?!

He looked it up, though it's still pretty far fetched tbh. Once he figured out it's going by the sequence of PI at a fixed interval everything else is just trivial.
Feb 9, 2020 11:15 AM

May 2018
Well then it's Hondoumachi who gets to dive in the ID well, and WTF Momoki is John Walker, that too BS, cu'z I have an inking that it would be that old man.
Feb 9, 2020 11:46 AM

Jun 2017
Hondoumachi was cool in the well. :D I hope Fukuda will get a shot at being useful in a well too because his design rocks.

I think Momoki is indeed getting framed here. The old man boss is pretty suspicious.

Feb 9, 2020 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
Go-go Hondoumachi! I like this girl more and more each episode. Wonder what she found in the second well...

Overall amazing episode, I can't remember when was the last time I was so invested in the story.
Feb 9, 2020 1:15 PM

Nov 2016
That was unnexpected af.
Also, if that world started in the day that his daughter died, how is possible that the people that was inside, didn't even tried to stay in the same place where a thunder fall for (assuming) 2-3 years
Feb 9, 2020 1:27 PM

Feb 2019
Damn, I gotta start waking up earlier on Sundays to get in the discussion threads, they're basically done by the time I get up, ugh. Or I could just stick to the MAL ones and not worry about Reddit, hmm.
As for the episode, man this was amazing. Narihisago's life has been nothing but pain, his wife committed suicide and losing his daughter so young.. That flashback of him just straight up killing the challenger was wild and knowing he still harbours that murderous rage years later.. understandable.

Looks like we're going straight up inception with another well inside a well, director arrested and Toga appointed new director. This show's been amazing so far, I hope they can stick the landing unlike Babylon. Wish it wasn't so slept on as well. Definitely one of the best of the season.
Feb 9, 2020 1:44 PM
Feb 2020
So after seeing Narahisago's ID well for the first time, its shown that he believes than nothing is random or a coincidence and that everything happens in sequence. This how as a detective he feels some sort of connection with each case which he believes isn't out of coincidence. Nice way of depicting his mind. The two things I'm curious about is what effects Hondomachi's interaction with Narahisago's wife and kid will have on his unconscious as well as how a cockpit to a different well ended up within his well (obviously the second question would be answered in the next few episodes, but the first one may be a bit more longterm). All in all, pretty good episode.
Feb 9, 2020 1:49 PM

Feb 2013
Probably the best episode we've seen in a while.

But come on, really? You couldn't have written RED HERRING and SET UP across the screen in bright red marker and not have been more obvious than this episode was.
Momoki is soooo not the killer/John Walker it hurts.

Handomachi as a detective is okay, but honestly, she's the least interesting of all of them so far. Her outfit is horrible and her attitude is way too cold. Similar to what we saw when she killed Kazuta. Sakaido at least has a compassion about him when he goes into the well. And why is she the only one with a full name? Is it because she's more compatible? Because she's a girl? What?

It was cool that we got to fill in the blanks with Sakaido's past and his well. His wife killed herself and he just up and rang the doorbell and filled his daughter's killer full of holes. Don't blame him honestly.
I'm a little confused about this particle business. So, the wells stay around even after death? And yet in episode 1, we see that the id wells change based on real-time. How can that be? Wouldn't the id well die if the person it's connected to does in that case?

Anyway, other than that, it was kind of sad to see Sakaido's well and that it began the moment of his daughter's death and just keeps going. Also how he tried his best to save people by sacrificing himself.

I don't think Sakaido believes Momoki is John Walker, but he needs to be sure. Because if he is, he'll probably kill him himself after pretending to be his friend all this time. But I'm 98% sure that he's not so we'll have to find who the real killer is (and I have a pretty good idea who at this point.)

Also, do these killers get a trial at all? Because they seem to just stick them in this facility and call it a day. And they're stuck in there like, a day after they're caught. It's just interesting that they would do that.
And why do they keep sticking them right next to Sakaido? Do they really have that little room in this weird future prison?

So now things are heating up but how are they going to get Handomachi out of a well within a well? This isn't Inception so I'm not sure how she would be able to release herself. How do you even do that? How do you upload someone's cognition particles into a "machine" in someone else's id?
Feb 9, 2020 2:36 PM

Jul 2017
Ok there's no way Momoki is gonna be the killer, was starting to like him tbh.

But holy fuk what an episode. You can really see the contrast between Sakaido and Handomachi's approaches to the well's (Sakaido is more trial and error whereas Hondomachi analyzes things beforehand). Big F for the wife, makes sense why Sakaido straight-up murdered the dude
Feb 9, 2020 2:55 PM

Mar 2015
A well inside the well... Wonder what the name on the cockpit inside the well has to do with anything, should be an interesting reveal.

Oh man so apparently Sakaido's wife killed herself after their daughter was murdered, feels so bad for Sakaido. It's amazing how he's still willing to do this brilliant detective stuff.
Feb 9, 2020 3:04 PM

Jun 2013
oh man that was just amazing, I knew they will do an Inception stuff at some point
Feb 9, 2020 3:14 PM

Aug 2018
As it was mentioned earlier, Momoki being the real culprit seems to be a set up, in my opinion it happens way too early. This show seems to be one of those which reveal the real game around 80% of the story exploited (episode 11 or so here).

Anyway, it was interesting to see Hondomachi being the new brilliant detective, even if I'm wondering if she was taken out of her current "exploration" or not. Because after the boss said they had to rescue her, the next shot was in the room with Togo & Sakaido, without any mention to what happened to her.

I really got some Inception vibes with the idea of a well inside a well
Feb 9, 2020 3:41 PM

Jul 2017
Going back to Sakaido/Narihisago's id well, Matsuoka and the Organization Kura plan to foil the Challenger's plot with newly crowned "brilliant detective" Hondomachi.

With the involvement of mass serial killer John Walker and the Challenger (which turned Narihisago into a killer), this plan must be investigated with no room to spare for information.

The well within a well that's thunderbolted in random order, Hondomachi seeks solace with the red herring that is Kaeru. And to see Narihisago's wife and daughter in his id well, to analyse the situation in contrast of Sakaido's trial-and-error quirk that could give an edge, but what the outcome is, that's still remains to be seen. As is with Narihisago's id well, his well still goes back to the day of the murder of his daughter, and now that it's ID:Invaded by Hondomachi, I'm certain for sure the speculations will start to follow.

And I believe that Director Momoki being accused of being John Walker, that is just some Inception-level shit. Plus the fact that now Narihisago is notified of this, this is truly the endless spiral of (mis)leading information. Who to trust, and who to follow?

Great episode that deepens the mystery further. Now this is HOW you do a mystery series.
KANLen09Feb 9, 2020 3:54 PM
Feb 9, 2020 4:10 PM
Jan 2017
It's about time the story picked up speed. Aside from showing us how Hondoumachi handles herself as a pilot, we get some much-needed progression on the John Walker plotline. Sure, Sakaido gets sidelined but at least, he makes himself useful in the real world by discovering an important detail about himself, something that might prove crucial in the team's investigation. I was willing to give this episode a 4 but I ended up giving it a 5 because it finally moved the story forward instead of just stalling the mystery for yet another week. This show has been a real patience tester, I was ready to drop it, but it finally made real progress and I hope it continues to improve over the course of the season.
Feb 9, 2020 4:36 PM
Mar 2015
Clearly Momoki was framed by John Walker the girl is a great brilliant detective
Feb 9, 2020 6:07 PM

Nov 2019
Wow no one talks about how Hondoumachi look a lot like Narihisago's daughter yeah it's been established she's was supposed to be dead but it was only stated
Feb 9, 2020 6:11 PM

Nov 2011
Hondoumachi looking extra cute in that detective outfit.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 9, 2020 6:54 PM

Jan 2009
damn im loving our loli detective now

and a dream within a dream? inception much?

Feb 9, 2020 6:59 PM

Aug 2017

I'm glad there are more twists in this episode. Everything indicates that the Chief is John Walker while the director is innocent.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 9, 2020 7:07 PM
Sep 2019
MasanobuMaou said:
Yep, this show really gets better and better. I hope it will continue like this as I really enjoyed all the episodes so far.

I hope in the end we get a very tricky plot twist and some just right end, not happy and not bad, and also not a cliffhanger.

I don't want to feel the same as in Babylon and Kado: The Right Answer's case, when at the last few episodes the show went in a very wrong way and destroyed everything they built up until then, and what was really fun and interesting to watch until that point. :/
I want this anime to end as a very cool one that I can recommend to friends.
yea i agree babylons 1st 7 episodes were great. Then it just kinda idk got stale. Wasnt a fan of how it ended either
Feb 9, 2020 10:13 PM

Feb 2012
100% sure john walker is the old guy head of the place
Feb 10, 2020 1:23 AM
May 2019
So many twists such a great episode I can't wait for the next one^^
Feb 10, 2020 2:26 AM
Oct 2017
It's great having an anime that can't be spoiled by manga readers.
Seriously tho this and eizoken make my mondays better than sundays.
Feb 10, 2020 3:26 AM

Jul 2016
Eleiyas said:
honestly this anime keeps getting better and better.

so much intrigue, good drama, well-paced, good story :D

It has been bloody brilliant so far.
Feb 10, 2020 5:30 AM

Jan 2016
I was looking at the Reddit discussion earlier, and someone was talking about Narihisago's well. They said that there were two major themes, the lightning, and pi. At first, it seems like both of them were random, but if viewed more closely, they weren't. So they said that maybe those two things in his well means that even if his daughter's death might seem random, it wasn't.

Then another person pointed out that with John Walker being someone in the agency, she might have been specifically targeted so that Narihisago would be a potential candidate for the ID well.

So I thought what if the creator of the ID well is John Walker? He was in the agency, and he disappeared right after making the ID well. It's a far stretch, though. If he is John Walker, why would he make the ID well in the first place? That and his bones were found in the yard already, but I thinking that he found a way to set it up?

We'd have to wait until next week for the next episode but nfwoeqfnuewbruiowern I cannot wait anymore.
jd2001zFeb 10, 2020 5:46 AM
Feb 10, 2020 8:49 AM

Mar 2016
I still think the grey-haired man is John Walker.

So there is an ID cockpit inside an ID. Cool!!

Narihisago managed to figure out Hondoumachi was entering his ID. He's really a good detective. Though, I really want to know what would happen if he entered his own ID.

I wonder if people who tried to commit suicide "remember" their full names when they're in Detective mode.

The fact that we're still seeing some of the older criminals makes me think they'll be important later on.
Feb 10, 2020 9:03 AM

Sep 2017
Good episode. I expect Walker to be someone with early access to the same technology they are using, but that instead uses it to somehow go into other people's subconscious and alter it so they become serial killers. So maybe the creator is not dead and the body they found is fake? Some family member perhaps? I just hope they don't pull a complete Devil Ex Machina out of their asses XD

Also nice touch that the girl remembers her full name inside the well, I think that's a hint so we know that she's even better at this than Sakaido.
Feb 10, 2020 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
8/10
Feb 10, 2020 10:55 AM
Dec 2015
With most of the anime airing right now one episode will drop and not much will happen... with this anime something interesting is happening every episode and leaves you wanting more and more! I loved this episode and how the story is going so far, my only problem would be how obvious it is that the directer is getting framed by someone else within *ahem* Chief *ahem* but time will tell!!
Feb 10, 2020 11:18 AM
Aug 2013
Something that I read: episode 3 was the only one where Kaeru had lines and in the credits she didn't appeared as Kaeru but Kiki Asukai, the last victim of the Challenger and also the owner of the well inside Narihisago's well. I guess things will get even more interesting in the next episodes.
Feb 10, 2020 11:22 AM
Aug 2017
Clearly he's being framed, my money is on the old guy being john walker, not just because he's old but also because he's the one who most easily could tie up loose ends.
Feb 10, 2020 12:05 PM

Mar 2017
Holy shit! Best episode so far, hands down! Narihisago has a fucking messed up Id well; I really like the significance in himself being dead within in it.

As far as Momoki being John Walker... no, just no. I really don't think he's John Walker but I DO agree that it's someone within the team. I just don't know who yet...
Feb 10, 2020 1:02 PM
Apr 2019
Interesting episode.
Narihisago’s well is quite a bit different from the previous wells, notably with the well-within-the-well and the fact that this is the only well so far in which the owner is dead.
We also get to see Hondomachi as the detective Hijiriido Mio, a good mirror to Sakaido. While Sakaido also often tells himself that his duty is not to save others but to solve the mystery of Kaeru’s death, we often see him prioritizing saving people over solving mystery. Even in his own well, Narihisago chooses to save Hijiriido over saving himself. On the other hand, Hijiriido seems to have 0 interest in saving people. Feels like the well staff would just be better off sticking with Narihisago/Sakaido. The more we see of this girl, the more she feels like bad news.
Feb 10, 2020 6:08 PM

Jan 2011
they ant foolin no one our boys been framed

good episode still hate these wells that have a ton of people tied to them just endlessly dying ,at least Hondoumachi has been way better at saving them even if it is't her main goal
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

203 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2020

101 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2020

120 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2020

136 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

83 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.