Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, mysterious artifact...

The episode had a weird pacing but hey, we got more flashbacks so that's something. Really wish they made me care more about the characters or Touma in this case. Lol, a chainsaw
May 5, 2019 10:10 AM
Feb 2019
that was confusing, and a bit boring. it is the first episode I didn`t like as much as the rest
May 5, 2019 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
Momi55522 said:
that was confusing, and a bit boring. it is the first episode I didn`t like as much as the rest

I agree with that.

May 5, 2019 10:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm so Ryoko did end up dying from her wounds after all. To think that the magician's older brother was a criminal that dresses as one. The insight into the relationship between the brothers also did well to create an entrance into Yuki's own heart as a result of their similar shared experiences. Seems there's some tension within the agency's higher command as well which considering Souma's personality is to be expected. I wonder was the school in which the brothers were raised in designed to develop and nurture their abilities. Souma really has transformed into quite the devil though thats for sure. Looks like the first real confrontation between Yuki and her brother is set next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 1:11 PM

Nov 2018
i felt like this episode had a lot of random bits of information and new characters thrown in, so it felt kind of confusing (even more so than the last couple of episodes). i dont exactly have high hopes for this one but i want to think that it will at least get slightly better on this last half of eps
May 5, 2019 7:15 PM

Oct 2015
That was a mix mesh of shit in this episode, wonder who created this anime? He probably wanted to make cash right away, he should just change careers because writing isn't his friend.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 5, 2019 9:00 PM

Mar 2014
kudos to the opening song being the only thing to help me prevent dropping this anime.
May 6, 2019 2:43 AM

Jul 2017
In this episode of Afterlost...

A magician's trick. A ploy. A sibling battle.

Constant battles between people.
Yoshiaki vs. His brother.
Yuki vs. Souma.
The seemingly arduous relationship/partnership of Souma and Akira.
The Agency, the Phantom Thief Brigade, and Artifacts.

The story itself is still cumbersome to piece together, and all these don't add up to the experience.
May 6, 2019 7:11 AM
Dec 2018
I feel like I'm the only one who is liking this anime ;-;, sure it's confusing but I'm intrigued.
May 6, 2019 10:21 PM
Apr 2019
Man, after some idol group now they introduced phantom thief brigade.. this anime even better than i thought..
May 7, 2019 8:50 PM
Mar 2012
Interesting designs & messy but has a promising plot forming.
Too many groups that come & go, should focus on something.
May 8, 2019 11:53 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
What is it and why am I still watching it? x))
Is the game the same trash, anyone?

But anyway. So, the mother had blue hair. The father had (and probably still has) brown hair. Yet, Souma has silver hair and part of Yuki's hair are also silver. You know who else has silver hair? The piano guy!!!
So, what if Yuki and Souma are his kids and that's why he kept them alive in the Lost incident? :^)
May 8, 2019 4:50 PM

Apr 2018
Sort of weird pacing but the plot is forming with more backstory and character development. Honestly I don't dislike this anime
May 26, 2019 2:14 PM

Dec 2016
I feel like I made a mistake for continuing watching this anime... I'm out! Good luck with those who still want to give a chance, cuz I don't. Too boring and still very confusing :/ Adding more characters without concluding the previous ones is also a mistake and did not help the story at all. Such a pity...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 6, 2019 12:56 AM

Jul 2015
Souma: "Why are you still alive?"

Me: "The power of anime plot armor"

Apr 17, 2020 4:31 PM

Apr 2016
It seems like the idea of traveling to Lost was put on the back burner. It's all mystery and stuff now. I hope this anime doesn't shift gears again.

A faceoff with the younger brother. Neat.

Man is it just me or are these episodes becoming more and more boring? I could hardly keep focus.
Apr 25, 2020 9:49 AM

Aug 2017
Looks like Ryouko is dead but I do not understand why they gave almost the entire last episode for her to kill her like this and the worst thing is that they do not close subplots, they only increase them more and more, making the pacing disastrous.
NurguburuApr 26, 2020 4:25 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 30, 2022 7:14 AM

Jun 2016
So the artefacts are the key priority now for all sides, hmm. The show really doesn't know what it wants to focus on or wants to be.

Souma is being a nuisance once again. Kind of scary that the green-haired research lady, who took a sword hit -as if I honestly care- can brainwash anyone.

How did the Phantom Thief gang know that Takuya and co were looking for them? It's not like they announced it or anything. They just turned up on the road and popped their tyres, lol.

Aug 19, 2:43 PM

Oct 2012
This was some serious writing and directing clusterfuck.

Who wants what, what are they even doing, what about the motives? I don't really understand a shit now, so many randoms and flashbacks out of nowhere.

Also, half of the episode, I was thinking why the lady who was killed in the last episode is alive again, only to realize Ryouko and Yumiko has almost the same character design.
The same applies to Takuya/Akira, are they confusing viewers on purpose?

Nothing makes sense in this series, I honestly questioning their qualities as writers. Don't understand how this sub-par story got so many game sequels from WFS (and another RPG is in planning)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

21 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2019

21 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12, 2019

15 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2019

127 by Saku33 »»
Apr 4, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2019

47 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Aug 1, 2022 5:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.