Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2019 7:34 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
now we know for sure that Jimbei is in the crew! I know some people weren't too happy that he split up with the Straw Hats again, but you can't say its not in character for him, I just really hope he does come out alive
only one episode left of Whole Cake Island! what a ride!
Mar 16, 2019 7:40 PM

Apr 2014
The time of this arc is coming to an end. The time for one of members of the worst generation will be king!
Mar 16, 2019 8:03 PM

Nov 2016
This was nice in the manga, but especially the content of the chapter in question doesn't warrant a 20 min episode.

But welp, Jinbe moment was well executed as alway's.

Really looking forward to the feels train next week, tho. Hope they're putting some extra effort into the episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2019 8:05 PM

Nov 2012
Strong episode, anyone who says that Jinbe isn't fit to be in the Straw Hat crew can just zip it.

Everyone, prepare your tissue boxes for next week.
Mar 16, 2019 8:11 PM
Apr 2016
Since when is Blackbeard one of the worst generation? lol. I don't like how the animation is sooo inconsistent, up to the last few minutes the animation is horrible, and then suddenly it turns to Godly animation... Well, they got away, I guess next arc starts next episode.
Mar 16, 2019 8:42 PM

Nov 2016
nerojeko said:
Since when is Blackbeard one of the worst generation? lol. I don't like how the animation is sooo inconsistent, up to the last few minutes the animation is horrible, and then suddenly it turns to Godly animation... Well, they got away, I guess next arc starts next episode.

He is. He started his career as captain around the same time as Luffy and the others. They just never categorized him as Supernova or Super Rookie.

Btw Toei included Killer in Morgans speech. Didn't know he was captain xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2019 8:44 PM

Oct 2017
That Jinbei x Luffy moment was 💯
Mar 16, 2019 8:48 PM

Jul 2016
So killer is in the worst generation but Zoro is not???
Mar 16, 2019 8:49 PM

Nov 2012
FMmatron said:
nerojeko said:

He is. He started his career as captain around the same time as Luffy and the others. They just never categorized him as Supernova or Super Rookie.

Wait they included Killer but not Zoro?
Mar 16, 2019 9:08 PM

Jan 2019
FMmatron said:
nerojeko said:

Isn't Killer a first mate?
Mar 16, 2019 9:09 PM

Nov 2016
SuperRed said:
FMmatron said:

My guess is that the person responsible for that part didn't know about Killer being a part of Kid's crew. Zoro not wanting to become Pirate King is a no brainer, tho haha.

@TensaZangetsu__ That's the joke.

Mar 16, 2019 9:13 PM

Nov 2012
FMmatron said:
SuperRed said:

My guess is that the person responsible for that part didn't know about Killer being a part of Kid's crew. Zoro not wanting to become Pirate King is a no brainer, tho haha.

@TensaZangetsu__ That's the joke.

Fire everyone who made that mistake effective immediately.
Mar 16, 2019 10:12 PM

Jul 2007
FMmatron said:
This was nice in the manga, but especially the content of the chapter in question doesn't warrant a 20 min episode.

Really looking forward to the feels train next week, tho. Hope they're putting some extra effort into the episode.

No it wasn't, in the manga jinbei directly refereed to luffy as his captain, i can't believe they skipped that part out. Like wtf. That whole line was basically a confirmation that jinbie is finally revealed to be a member of the straw hats crew. Although he said it later to one of the fishman, it was more impact in the manga when he told luffy "My gratitude captain" directly. That was far better in my opinion.

Only one more episode left of this longgggg drawn out arc. For the love all that is holy, please enter filler after reverie. Wano will be the worst arc ever if they decide to jump into it right now. Were not even halfway done with it in the manga yet, infact probably 1/4 finished.
ArtimesGamerMar 16, 2019 10:16 PM

Mar 16, 2019 10:26 PM

Jul 2007
rurismashboom said:
That Jinbei x Luffy moment was 💯

Personally i think it should of had this BG music and it would have been soo much better!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDewfr_Y_5g (4:45) Just imagine "I'M YOUR CAPTAIN NOW" "JIMBIE WILL SEE YOU IN WANO!!!

In fact i thought the studio was going to go for this, but apparently they didn't this episode as a whole was very low budget it seemed for such an iconic moment in the manga.
ArtimesGamerMar 16, 2019 10:31 PM

Mar 16, 2019 10:43 PM

Jan 2016
I'm here just waiting for

smh this still not end yet.
Mar 17, 2019 3:51 AM

Oct 2015
I completely forgot that here is still one episode left of this arc (the next one).
I wonder if we are getting some sort of filler arc after that one. It'd be probably good time to have a filler arc.
Even if we are getting a filler arc, I want to see the chapter after the next one getting an episode ASAP. Whoever reads the manga, knows what I wanna see.

Other than that Reverie should be really epic too.

This episode seemed better in the manga. Did they really change the original lines?

In the manga Luffy said "don't die, even if you die". Here he says "don't die, no matter what". Anyone knows if it's about translation, or he really says a different line in the anime??

Mar 17, 2019 4:02 AM

Jul 2007
Slim_Lamie said:
I completely forgot that here is still one episode left of this arc (the next one).
I wonder if we are getting some sort of filler arc after that one. It'd be probably good time to have a filler arc.
Even if we are getting a filler arc, I want to see the chapter after the next one getting an episode ASAP. Whoever reads the manga, knows what I wanna see.

This episode seemed better in the manga. Did they really change the original lines?

In the manga Luffy said "don't die, even if you die". Here he says "don't die, no matter what". Anyone knows if it's about translation, or he really says a different line in the anime??

Well I can confirm 100% that reverie arc is starting on March 31st and that will be the episode you speak of. How ever not sure rather or not wano will commence but it looks like we are going straight into reverie after the final episode of WCI next week.

Mar 17, 2019 4:15 AM

Oct 2015
link9us said:
Slim_Lamie said:

Well I can confirm 100% that reverie arc is starting on March 31st and that will be the episode you speak of. How ever not sure rather or not wano will commence but it looks like we are going straight into reverie after the final episode of WCI next week.

Thanks for letting me know. Probably we'll get something after the Reverie then. Not fan of fillers, but Wano arc definitely needs time, to have quality episodes!
Mar 17, 2019 4:39 AM

Feb 2013
Jinbe couldn't abandon his friends.
Mar 17, 2019 4:45 AM

Jul 2007
Slim_Lamie said:
link9us said:

Thanks for letting me know. Probably we'll get something after the Reverie then. Not fan of fillers, but Wano arc definitely needs time, to have quality episodes!

There enough material in cover pages with the Grandfleet that should be animated in my opinion because its all leading to a major event at some point, oda has said this. Or they can even do the spin off series ace side story.

Mar 17, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2016
link9us said:
FMmatron said:

No it wasn't, in the manga jinbei directly refereed to luffy as his captain, i can't believe they skipped that part out. Like wtf. That whole line was basically a confirmation that jinbie is finally revealed to be a member of the straw hats crew. Although he said it later to one of the fishman, it was more impact in the manga when he told luffy "My gratitude captain" directly. That was far better in my opinion.

Only one more episode left of this longgggg drawn out arc. For the love all that is holy, please enter filler after reverie. Wano will be the worst arc ever if they decide to jump into it right now. Were not even halfway done with it in the manga yet, infact probably 1/4 finished.

It's a minor issue and sure it could've been nice as an extra. But it wasn't necessarily a must to further enhance the gravity of the moment. Jinbe has already proven himself through actions and additional "lip service" or not doesn't change that fact.

And besides, the tone of the scene conveyed the feelings well and his response didn't took away from it.

Mar 17, 2019 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
Ahh this part of the manga was really well animated, i loved it! Well, we're finally moving on with the story to the next arc. Oh boy i just wanna see that

PS: Where the fuck is Zoro in the Worst Generation list??
Mar 17, 2019 10:19 AM

Apr 2013
Why did that bird not mention Zoro? He's also part of the worst generation.
Mar 17, 2019 10:30 AM

Dec 2014
yes jimbei is in the crew for sure,,,though he will join them later... I hope the new op has jimbei as their crew...and black beard is not from wort generation... I remember zoro was....
these 10 of the worst generation was because f their absurd bounties after they became pirates
Mar 17, 2019 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
Wadatsumi saved the Straw Hat Pirates swapping the Thousand Sunny for Snapper Head (Sun Pirate's ship), and putting the Thousand Sunny in his mouth, Oven attacked Wadatsumi so he expelled them again to the surface, Sun Pirates attacked Big Mom's float again. Big Mom recovered her conscience and is on her way to Cacao Island. Aladine started a fight with Oven, Jinbe decided to help his old crew and promised to Luffy he would return alive. A sea current created by gyojins helped Thousand Sunny to escape. Morgans talked with Stussy about the supernovas.

I really hate Oven, he's not just doing his job, he is genuinely angry because his brother lost, what a guy. Jinbe and his noble actions, one day he's not gonna come back.
Atlas77Jul 24, 2019 10:30 PM
Mar 17, 2019 2:13 PM

Nov 2018
Gator said:

Zoro just got lost in Morgan's Worst Generation namelist

Mar 17, 2019 2:19 PM
Jan 2019
The Pirates of the Sun are great, they saved the Sunny and risk their lives to give way to straw hats.
Jimbe has incredible determination just like his previous crew
, I hope it comes out of that battle.
"Do not forget Jimbe, I'm your captain now! Do not die, I'll be waiting for you"
PS: Demons! Throw Oven to the sea at once.
Mar 17, 2019 2:26 PM

Jul 2007
BenRyan said:
Gator said:

Zoro just got lost in Morgan's Worst Generation namelist

Oda confirmed that zoro will no longer be in one piece, sorry guys. He got lost some where out there. He may return at the end of the story.

Mar 17, 2019 8:15 PM

Jul 2013
Wadatsumi really changed his character from when we saw him in the fishman island arc. Everyone of Jimbeis crew would give their lifes to help Luffy escaping from Big Mom.

Aladdin and Oven had a pretty big clash but it seems they're equaly strong.

That Luffy and Jimbei moment was on point. I can imagine how Luffy must feel especially if you think about how much Jimbei means to him. I also hope Jimbei make it back alive. I would be so pissed if not...

So next week is the final episode of Whole Cake Island? Really looking forward to Wano. Will be fun to see Zoro and the others again.

Mar 18, 2019 12:25 PM
Jan 2019
Loved seeing the Supernovas being mentioned again <3
Mar 19, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2013
This episode probably covered a couple of pages from a chapter. Zzzzzzźzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Also, isn't it a bit too early to say that one among a group of people is gonna be the pirate king? I thought this would last another 20 years or so
Mar 19, 2019 1:35 PM

May 2014
Jinbei is really the boss! He is awesome and really kind hearted. Well, isn't that just typical shounen. :P
I were a bit sad about seeing Fisher-Tiger's boat getting recked and burned to crisp like that. It was a bit sad, but I suppose Fisher Tiger would may have done the same for the future pirate King. :D Only one ep. until a completely new fresh arc. I just hope, like many else, do a filler arc instead of doing Wano so it won't be prolonged arc like this one.
Mar 19, 2019 5:29 PM

Nov 2012
Mar 21, 2019 12:14 PM

Jul 2008
Finally the arc is almost over, but Jinbei just can't manage to stick around.
Mar 22, 2019 12:07 AM

Jul 2007
WolfWood37 said:

He will make his dramatic entrance again im sure in some large way. I think that is actually a better story decision on oda's part cause now we as the viewers anticipate that day to come and it will most likely be an awesome moment in the story when it happens.

Mar 22, 2019 3:45 PM

Jul 2008
link9us said:
WolfWood37 said:

He will make his dramatic entrance again im sure in some large way. I think that is actually a better story decision on oda's part cause now we as the viewers anticipate that day to come and it will most likely be an awesome moment in the story when it happens.

True, but we did this before during Fishman Island.
Mar 23, 2019 3:20 PM

Jul 2007
WolfWood37 said:
link9us said:

True, but we did this before during Fishman Island.

Yeah but this time its going to be far more. I anticipate him arriving on wano with his entire fishman crew at some unforeseen moment when the straw hats are in danger. call it cliche or what ever, but that will be epic!

Or better yet what if Jimbie arrives with the Gland Fleet. I know the gland fleet will come into the picture at some point and judging by the cover stories, i am sure it will happen at wano.

Mar 23, 2019 9:46 PM

Dec 2013
The Fishman are top tier bros.
Mar 27, 2019 8:03 AM
Jun 2015
What a swerve. Wadatsumi helping out the Strawhats with his sleight of hands lol.
Mar 27, 2019 11:21 PM

Oct 2017
I must say that the part of the episode when Luffy screamed at Jinbe was the best part here and in the manga chapter. I really felt the strength of a captain from Luffy!!!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 1, 2019 6:19 PM

Jan 2013
Oh shit, clever trick!
Ok that was awesome, Luffy saying to Jimbei "Don't forget, I'm your captain now!"

Also that was quite the statement to make at the end.
Jun 2, 2019 1:38 AM

Mar 2015
I love that part, "Don't forget, I'm your captain now!"
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 14, 2020 9:09 AM

Jun 2016
This was a good episode to continue strengthening bonds.

The bonds of the Sun pirates, who stayed behind to help Jimbei, and in turn how Jimbei stayed behind to help them get out of this alive. These brothers do not abandon each other or use each other as sacrifices, everyone gets out alive. At the very least, despite how scary it is that people like Pekoms fate are unknown, the fact that one of the Straw Hats are here makes me feel a little more confident. At the least the Sun pirates have some added plot armour. I also have to admit, their method of helping was pretty freaking radical. Wadatsumi has turned a new leaf and swapped the Sunny with Fisher Tiger’s ship to get them some added time. If I read that right, that in itself is kind of incredibly symbolic and meaningful. Fisher Tiger was once the hope for equality, he's now gone and Luffy has taken up his torch? Something like that at least. With the tidalwave and everything else, they did good.

The other bond I'm talking about is that between Jimbei and Luffy. They had a heartfelt moment, to ask permission to stay behind and risk his life so soon after finally joining the crew. The two of them have really great chemistry, and seeing the genuine fear and order that Jimbei makes it back alive and meets them in Wano, and the utter gratefulness on Jimbei’s face was a nice moment for the repertoire of this duo.

Oh and it must be mentioned that the ice cream son which was introduced being life sucked and supposedly killed by Mom has been seen twice in the background now. This surely has ramifications for Mom's life steal power, or so I'd guess.
Aug 18, 2021 8:46 AM

Sep 2015
Not only does Luffy allow him to leave the crew temporary to help his Sun pirate crews, but Luffy was lenient and trusted him. Unlike Big Mom, she kills anyone who does this.

Oven needs to get knocked out, hes been irritating to the strawhats and others for a long while now.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 25, 2021 2:11 PM

Jun 2019
Well, I guess we'll see Jimbei later on. Looks like we'll be able to escape from Big Mom Pirates.
Sep 6, 2021 4:39 AM

Aug 2021
Jimbei moment was too damn good

The pirate king would be from worst generation... but we already know who it would be :D
Dec 28, 2021 11:17 AM

May 2016
A switcheroo, huh. I knew that the Sunny burning down's an impossible thing, especially without a solemn and melancholic farewell!

It's great to see that Jimbei's officially a member of the Straw Hat crew but it looks like he won't be able to tag along on their journey to Wano for the time being. Seeing him reunite with the Straw Hats in Wano's gonna be one of that arc's highlights, no doubt!

Apr 21, 2022 12:05 PM

Nov 2016
Finally the Strawhats escaped certain death 😮‍💨. This arc was a wild ride, can't wait to see everybody else. See you in the land of Wano Jimbei!
"No matter how hard things get, only use your strength to protect" - Mitsuya Takashi
May 22, 2022 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
A new Pirate King you say? Well that's certainly...BIG NEWS!

Jimbei's determination is always admirable. I like how Luffy confirmed Jimbei's intentions before seeing him off. They now have a relationship where, as a fellow Straw Hat, he'll never be left behind as a sacrifice.
Jun 6, 2022 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
great episode Jimbei is just amazing
removed-userAug 13, 2022 5:27 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 513 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Sep 3, 2011

57 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 512 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Aug 27, 2011

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 511 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 20, 2011

63 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 11, 2009

68 by TheStarscream759 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 458 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 10, 2010

59 by bakakisima »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.