Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2017 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that was actually a pretty enjoyable episode, probably one of my favorites of the series at the moment.

Had quite a lot of laughs throughout, especially when James was pretty much getting bothered at least by Mareanie xD and then Mareanie falling in love with James too. But hey, at least Mareanie got to be with him as part of the team.

Now as for the rest is like a stereotypical beach episode but it was pretty enjoyable overall, reminded me much and made me want to wish Summer would come around if I can be pretty frank, and the fight between Ash and Team Rocket was pretty entertaining, tho I was surprised by the outcome of this battle to be fair :T
Jan 26, 2017 11:05 AM

Sep 2014
WTF?!Team Rocket defeated Ash for once but Bewear took them away before they capture Pikachu lmao.Also the Mimikyu-Meowth moments were hilarious.Mareanie likes James,because he reminds it its first lover lol.Now James officially has his own pokemon.I also loved the classmates' interactions during the beach moments.
Jan 26, 2017 12:51 PM

Jan 2016
I read that Toxapex is very useful in competitives, alongside Mimikyu so Team Rocket now has more potential with their mons in comparison to other seasons :P Probably the highest they ever had. Just look at how Mimikyu and Mareanie trashed Pikachu and Rowlet and with that, beating Ash for once xD

Also, did someone notice the Ekans and Koffing baits? How nostalgic :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Jan 26, 2017 1:14 PM

Sep 2016
alolan raichu next episode!!! raichu z-move is the best
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 26, 2017 2:04 PM
Feb 2015
i feel as if the animation is getting worse, i swear Team Rocket always get the creepy ones
Jan 26, 2017 2:52 PM

Nov 2013
Floyd said:
I read that Toxapex is very useful in competitives, alongside Mimikyu so Team Rocket now has more potential with their mons in comparison to other seasons :P Probably the highest they ever had. Just look at how Mimikyu and Mareanie trashed Pikachu and Rowlet and with that, beating Ash for once xD

Also, did someone notice the Ekans and Koffing baits? How nostalgic :P

ya i couldn't help but take a print of the baits =D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 26, 2017 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
Also about Team Rocket Winning, I just find it pretty funny that:

- It was their first win in fucking years and they literally beated Ash's team in here (for me that's actually an achievement)

- They weren't the ones that wanted to go after them, and they never really intended to capture Pikachu to begin with since Ash came and encountered them first xD (I found it pretty funny in the scenario but the outcome was pretty refreshing)

Also @Floyd I have Toxapex as part of my team for competitive battles set so basically James has the advantage with it, if that Mareanie has Merciless then it's going to be a bit of hell, even more when evolving + Toxapex has high defense and special defense stats as well.

Along with Mimikyu + Disguise it's pretty much going to be a threat for Ash since they have a defensive Pokemon and an offensive Pokemon. That's pretty much a good combination if you ask me.

Also I did saw the Koffin and Ekans baits, I actually said how adorable they actually looked to be fairly honest. The nostalgia is also strong (then again the games were like Nostalgic a lot)

GangsterCat said:
alolan raichu next episode!!! raichu z-move is the best

+ Pancakes (from what I saw those are pancakes in the Preview) because I like Pancakes + it will make me feel hungrier next week since the episode gets out in the mornings.
Jan 26, 2017 5:44 PM

May 2013
wow, I surprised they defeated satoshi lol.
nice episode.
Jan 26, 2017 6:32 PM
Sep 2012
Did I just see Team Rocket win, or at least not lose to Satoshi. It is so rare, I don't know if it ever happened. Well first the Cubs win the World Series and now this.
Jan 26, 2017 6:58 PM

Jul 2015
And for episodes like this is why I love James, this guy is just too great!

Nice Team Rocket based episode, I'm happy to see that they got another fun Pokemon to their team.
Jan 26, 2017 8:07 PM

Oct 2011
team rocket won omg
yay hidoide
Jan 27, 2017 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
Yay for Suiren/Lana strip scene.
too bad it felt tame compared to Haruka/May's strip scene.
Jan 27, 2017 7:13 AM

Apr 2015
I really like when James/Kojiro gets a new Pokemon... I think he and mareanie will make a great combi... still miss Maika, though... lol
Really Pikachu?? you beat 2 pseudo-legendaries in previous season and now got beaten by Mimikyu... really??
Jan 27, 2017 7:56 AM

Aug 2016
Those Koffing and Ekans fishing bobbers :(

Mwhaha Hidoide is in love with James, Jame's pokemon never cease to amuse me :D
Jan 27, 2017 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
michaelh19 said:
I really like when James/Kojiro gets a new Pokemon... I think he and mareanie will make a great combi... still miss Maika, though... lol
Really Pikachu?? you beat 2 pseudo-legendaries in previous season and now got beaten by Mimikyu... really??

Well considering Mimikyu is pretty much high in attack stats and at least some decent speed stats, it makes sense, then again there's also the fact that there were sand around which causes Pikachu to not see very well.

But, I do like the entire Mareanie and James episode xD just to get the Pokemon which was nice.
Jan 27, 2017 8:01 AM

Sep 2016
michaelh19 said:
level 10 mimikyu > level 6773934 pikachu
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 27, 2017 8:11 AM

Aug 2016
GangsterCat said:
michaelh19 said:

Mimikyu was strong from the very first time we saw him tho. Iirc he hasen't lost any batles so far. So it's fair to say that Mimikyu could be a high lvl

B/W lvl 1 Snivy never forget.
Jan 27, 2017 9:37 AM

May 2013
maybe because mimikyu is very motivated to defeat pikachu.
Jan 27, 2017 11:36 AM

Mar 2014
GangsterCat said:

Effulgence said:

Mimikyu was strong from the very first time we saw him tho. Iirc he hasen't lost any batles so far. So it's fair to say that Mimikyu could be a high lvl

Levels don't actually exist though.
Jan 27, 2017 11:58 AM

Aug 2016
MajinAkuma said:
GangsterCat said:

Effulgence said:

Sure, but you can still argue like how many youtubers debate how strong a character is based on their "powerlevels"
Jan 27, 2017 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
Effulgence said:
MajinAkuma said:

Sure, but you can still argue like how many youtubers debate how strong a character is based on their "powerlevels"

That's pretty true and of course there's also the fact that Mimikyu showed itself to be strong not to mention, that in the games he's strong as well in the attacks and his best stats are attacks, and again + Disguise.
Jan 27, 2017 7:50 PM
May 2014
That team rocket win was by far the most defining moment of the year :v
Jan 29, 2017 4:03 PM

Jul 2008
Symphyon said:
Effulgence said:

That's pretty true and of course there's also the fact that Mimikyu showed itself to be strong not to mention, that in the games he's strong as well in the attacks and his best stats are attacks, and again + Disguise.

People need to learn that just because A beat B doesnt automatically make it also stronger than C.
Seriously, the battle strategy, field, status and abilities of a Pokemon needs to be ca!culated as well. Mimikyu is a totally different battler than Tyranitar.
Besides plot needs to get a free run every now and then or Pokemon would've ended in episode 3 anyway...

This is the anime, we are on a 3d field, non set distance and with the option to actually do something (offensive or defensive) during your opponents attacks. Dont use game mechanics on an anime battle.

Anyway fun episode, James caught a Pokemon and TR won a relative fair match against Ash.
... Wait what ?

So it cant be labeled as filler but it wasnt very exciting.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Jan 29, 2017 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
Punkbeetle said:
Symphyon said:

People need to learn that just because A beat B doesnt automatically make it also stronger than C.
Seriously, the battle strategy, field, status and abilities of a Pokemon needs to be ca!culated as well. Mimikyu is a totally different battler than Tyranitar.
Besides plot needs to get a free run every now and then or Pokemon would've ended in episode 3 anyway...

This is the anime, we are on a 3d field, non set distance and with the option to actually do something (offensive or defensive) during your opponents attacks. Dont use game mechanics on an anime battle.

Anyway fun episode, James caught a Pokemon and TR won a relative fair match against Ash.
... Wait what ?

So it cant be labeled as filler but it wasnt very exciting.

I know, sorry about that but I thought it would make a lot of sense for me, but that's true xD

It isn't filler since it is a bit of a progression with James and TR, and still I am pretty shocked with them beating Ash Lol.
Jan 29, 2017 5:08 PM

Jul 2008
@Symphyon Yeah I know. That is why i said ''It can't be labeled as filler''. It felt like filler for sure but as the plot did get advanced (catch Pokemon episode) it is essential.

Also for the record, it was a general statement, wasnt trying to just poke you =p
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Jan 31, 2017 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
Punkbeetle said:
@Symphyon Yeah I know. That is why i said ''It can't be labeled as filler''. It felt like filler for sure but as the plot did get advanced (catch Pokemon episode) it is essential.

Also for the record, it was a general statement, wasnt trying to just poke you =p

First sentence: That's pretty true honestly.

xP and alrighty then, alrighty. :3 But yeah, I do understand that the game mechanics aren't the same as the anime since those are different so I understand.

By the way sorry for my late response to this. :S
Jan 31, 2017 5:57 AM

Jul 2016
Did anybody notice Wobuffet pray when James went out to the sea?
Plus, this episode has my favourite moments and ugh ending.

Moment: - Ash lost. But not just to any ordinary trainer. He LOST to Team Rocket!!

Tristan: Anytime now.

After 20 years, Team Rocket finally won against Ash. That is, until Bewear came along.

Ugh because everyone's fine and dandy and play beach volleyball. I getit, it's a Beach episode, but Ash should be shocked and should start training even harder, after that loss. This loss should inspire Ash, that if Team Rocket can beat him, he needs to go back to raining asap. After school of course.

Tristan: Anytime now.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Jan 31, 2017 9:02 AM

Jul 2010
This episode was great.
Feb 1, 2017 8:58 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Bewear showing up had me in stitches. Like gdi why? I kinda thought that was already their base though, ha hah! Fun little episode.
Also I ship Mao and Lillie so much. OTL

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 4, 2017 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
Most hilarious episode

Team rocket won???
Feb 4, 2017 9:25 PM
Dec 2009
Cute episode, although I'm not sure what they were supposed to be learning splashing around at the beach! Looks like fun though, I wish I went to Pokemon School :P

It was cool to hear from Team Rocket headquarters, I'd love to see some epic Rocket vs Skull activity later in the series.
Mar 19, 2017 12:23 AM

Sep 2009
Lararin said:
although I'm not sure what they were supposed to be learning splashing around at the beach!

I guess Kukui wants them to deepen their bonds with their respective teams. And he also sent them to observe wild pokémon which should teach you quite a lot.
Apr 1, 2017 2:18 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Marenaine and James, it was love!!!! kekeke
This battle , battle winner, was for the Team Rocket, is a pity appears Bewear :(
Mar 15, 2019 5:55 AM

Mar 2010
Awww meranaine! I expected bewear to be his pokemon but well this is nice too :D endearing and funny episode

Also i think this can be seen like a vacation movie type of pokemon so SoL unlike other pokemon series. So far i like it :D
Sep 7, 5:21 AM

Jan 2013
Hilarious episode.
Loving how lighthearted this season is, the animation and dynamic faces really make it stand out too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 134 Discussion

NaiSk8 - Aug 12, 2019

11 by PrOxAnto »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 133 Discussion

dannymilk - Aug 4, 2019

18 by PrOxAnto »»
Yesterday, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 129 Discussion

NaiSk8 - Jul 7, 2019

13 by PrOxAnto »»
Oct 17, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 126 Discussion

MetaThPr4h - Jun 16, 2019

10 by PrOxAnto »»
Oct 17, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 125 Discussion

NaiSk8 - Jun 9, 2019

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Oct 17, 8:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.