Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2016 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, I feel like Poco is behaving even more like a kid than usual.

Sota feels a bit of nostologia after seeing that photo album. No surprise there as those photos are filled with family memories. This episode also gave me a similar feeling to one of the other episodes especially with all the fun that Poco had with Sota at the festival and fireworks.

Also thought the kids looked cute in their yutaka :D
The cliffhanger worries me though. The secret will be spilled?!
Stark700Dec 17, 2016 12:25 PM
Dec 17, 2016 12:33 PM
Jun 2016
I have this bad feeling another shoe will drop.

So little we know about Tanuki in this world, is poco a adult, a child, do they live animal age, human age, are they 300 years immortal, I just keep worrying that Poco's time with him will be short, plus the constant forshadowing of, "Have you talked with poco."

oh....seeing that ending I had a weird thought. What if a tanuki time as a human is limited, they can only spend so much time in their lifetime and Poco's used up a entire lifetimes already.
Dec 17, 2016 1:03 PM
Oct 2011
It shouldn't be that bad, i mean the worst thing that could happen is Poco becomes a science experiment project.
Dec 17, 2016 1:04 PM
Jun 2016
Pen3 said:
It shouldn't be that bad, i mean the worst thing that could happen is Poco becomes a science experiment project.

hehe maybe being a tanuki is like a werewolf and poco bites him and Souta becomes one and they live as animals j/k :> Hehe would be cool though.
Dec 17, 2016 1:17 PM

Dec 2014
everything was going so great and Poco's secret seems to be out... I hope he doesn't have to say goodbye... I will be so dishearted
Dec 17, 2016 1:18 PM
Jun 2016
ibraheem234 said:
everything was going so great and Poco's secret seems to be out... I hope he doesn't have to say goodbye... I will be so dishearted

I'm hoping that he can explain it away enough that only those close to Poco know the truth.
Dec 17, 2016 2:21 PM

Jun 2013
Souta has decided to raise Poco and has told Rin at least this much that Poco isn't a friend's kid. He didn't continue though, but now he has no other choice. Poco's tail came out and everyone around has seen it. What's more, Hiroshi probably took a picture of it and it has been caught on camera and streamed online. Souta will have a lot of explaining to do. But it is possible that that priest man will help Souta out in some way.
Dec 17, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2012
Wonderful episode.

Souta experimenting with his father's Udon recipe.
Souta & Poko together forever.

YAY Festival Time. Nozomi & Manabe are cute in their Yukata's.
Beautiful Fireworks.

LOL Hiroshi taking pictures of Rinko.
Oh no Poko's tail is out & everyone can see. LOL the whole event is being livestreamed. How are they going to explain this?

Final ep next week. Another show I'm going to miss. Would love a Season 02. We need to see Souta reopen the Udon Restaurant.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 17, 2016 3:01 PM

Jan 2012
Aw dayum, cover blown! After such a peaceful episode too. Will Poco be allowed to stay with Souta? We'll find out...Christmas Eve!(Though frankly I'd be amazed if they were separated now. XD)
Dec 17, 2016 4:17 PM

May 2009
wolfwing said:
ibraheem234 said:

I'm hoping that he can explain it away enough that only those close to Poco know the truth.

^
I also think this might happen.
If that doesn't work, they should use plan B: RUN FOR IT!!
I will not accept this if Souta and Poco separate!
I hope the finale will be a happy one, especially on Christmas eve :)
Dec 17, 2016 4:33 PM
Sep 2015
Souta reminisces alot when he's with Poco, he feels so much nostalgia, and also regrets about his father. I am glad that souta actually wants to keep Poco forever, they really fit together to be father and son. Plus as usual poco's actions are just so cute.

I was somehow expecting that poco's tail will come out sometime, and then in the fireworks show it really did, and everybody saw it. I wonder how Souta will explain this, and how he can back it up because I can't bear seeing souta and Poco be seperated, that's like the last thing I want to happen in this anime
Dec 17, 2016 4:45 PM

Mar 2016
I suspect the monk is going to play a big part in getting through this. He has been a recurring character since episode 1, and it would make a lot of sense for him now to fulfill a vital role. The simplest "out" would be to having some sort of cover story, perhaps along the lines Souta was already doing with claiming it was a tail bought at one of the booths. The monk might simply back him up somehow.

There are also fantastical possibilities. I don't know how much stock the Japanese actually place in their Shinto shrines. If a lot, maybe the monk could claim Poco is somehow involved with his shrine. Or maybe Poco's abilities have grown, and he could make it a mass delusion, with all the kids seemingly having cute ears and a tail.

Who knows? I do not expect a sad ending, though.
-- Rich
Dec 17, 2016 5:27 PM

May 2015
Omg, that cliffhanger! Talking their way out of that isn't going to be easy this time.

Dec 17, 2016 6:46 PM
Jun 2016
narulovesramen said:
wolfwing said:

^
I also think this might happen.
If that doesn't work, they should use plan B: RUN FOR IT!!
I will not accept this if Souta and Poco separate!
I hope the finale will be a happy one, especially on Christmas eve :)

worst case scenario I'm hoping for though hope for best, is that poco lives as the four legged tanuki with Souta, giving up being human, but still the father/son relationship just a different form.

best is what I mentioned before...but who knows, maybe the shrine monks can help.
Dec 17, 2016 7:34 PM

Sep 2011
The Vice Governor is carrying Poco! Hahahaha!
Dec 17, 2016 8:06 PM

Jan 2015
Now the real question and time to seriously answer about Poco's "origin" finally come. I'm guessing the final episdeo will be the last answer Souta giving, since everyone's asking the same thing, about Poco's parent whereabouts and also everyone suddenly saw his tail too at the Festival.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 17, 2016 8:21 PM

Dec 2014
Very good episode.

Most of the episode had a really calming and soothing feel to it.
Glad to see Souta finally deciding that he wants to adopt Poco and raise him.

The scene where he cried while looking at his Dad's portrait was really sad. :(

Hiroshi taking pictures of Rin was really funny. XD

Looks like we're in trouble now, Poco's cover is blown. I'm gonna brace myself for the next episode. Really hope Poco doesn't have to leave.
Dec 17, 2016 8:58 PM

Jun 2015
Souta finally decided to adopt and raise Poco. He looked really sad when he was looking through the photo album. He had some regrets. Everything was going so well at the festival until Poco's tail popped out and everyone saw it. It's going to be tough for Souta to explain that.
Dec 17, 2016 10:00 PM

May 2014
I really admire Souta's love for Poco in not only being willing to take care of him but also making several sacrifices to accommodate to his needs. I think he is really living in the present by choosing to live with Poco forever but he's ignoring/forgetting some pretty important considerations:

- After some time, people will notice that Poco doesn't grow up.
- If he enrolls Poco to a school or childcare, his background/family register would be in question. Souta would have to cook up some believable story to explain Poco's existence. If he says that he just picked up Poco from somewhere, people would then question why he doesn't try to find Poco's real parents, which is the responsible thing to do.
- Poco may not be able to be with him forever. Since Poco's 'magic' is pretty unstable, who knows when he may one day he may have to leave Souta's side and return to the realm of Tanukis?

I think Souta would be devastated if he has to be separated from Poco. After all, he is very emotionally invested in this little one and has changed his life quite drastically as well for him. Even though they aren't really related, it's heartwarming to see Souta's unconditional parental care and acceptance towards Poco.
Dec 17, 2016 11:46 PM

Oct 2011
Poco secret is out oh noooo
Dec 18, 2016 3:31 AM

Nov 2012
well looks like poco's secret is out now, it was about time tbh, souta can't dodge questions about him forever. i still wonder what's going to happen now though.
Dec 18, 2016 4:19 AM

Mar 2016
EVERYTHING WAS GOING GREAT, that cliffhanger omg!!

I really want everything to work out and have Poco and Souta live together forever, but it seems that cant be the case anymore
Dec 18, 2016 4:47 AM
May 2014
I am honestly so worried after the cliffhanger.

I don't want Poco to separate from Souta. The priest ought to do something right? Given him being so mysterious and what not. Oh my kokoro T..T
Dec 18, 2016 5:09 AM

Aug 2016
I hope the last episode won't be a tear-jerking goodbye of Souta and Poco...I have the feeling that the priest (whatever his name ist) now knows about Poco being a Tanuki and will tell Souta something along the lines that Poco has only limited time as a human, or something like this...
Dec 18, 2016 5:59 AM

Feb 2014
Goddamn cliffhangers. I hope the Tanuki does come out of the bag, although I didn't want it to happen in front of the entire world.
Dec 18, 2016 6:05 AM

Mar 2013
Yes finally! The moment I was waiting for.
That's why I was hoping Souta disclosing the secret a little sooner to the people close to him so that it wouldn't have been a great deal had it was revealed the way it is now.

What I want for finale is that everyone accepting Poco as a tanuki and letting him live with Souta peacefully...
Dec 18, 2016 6:18 AM

Dec 2008
Oh shit!! The secret's out!
Dec 18, 2016 6:23 AM

Mar 2009
>.> GAAAAAAAAAHH!!!! The tail came out!! And all the kids were quickly pointing it out.
Dec 18, 2016 6:30 AM

Jul 2014
That's a really cruel plot twist and cliffhanger to end an episode on, but the secret was going to have to come out eventually.
Dec 18, 2016 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
oh shit that ending
Dec 18, 2016 8:31 AM

Feb 2016
Woah did not see that coming.

Will Souta finally let go of Poco? Will they trust Souta and allow him to take care of Poco? Or will Poco use his magic-boogaloo to make them forget?

Either way, I'm suspecting there'll be emotions, but not over-the-top drama, in the next episode.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Dec 18, 2016 3:02 PM

May 2010
Tell them about Poco's damned identity and get it over with. It irritates me. Also stop with the "When I'm with Poco, I remember lots of things" and just go cook udon, tht's what it's gonna boil down to anyway.

Come to think of it, Rinko has managed to charm 3 guys (and maybe more) She's attractive for sure.

See? That's why you actually talk with your damned closed ones. To prevent situations like this. Nakaji and Rinko both have a rough idea anyway. I am not liking this drama. Previous episode was better.

Extremely awkward preview with Poco in the narrator's arm. Who though that was a good idea.
TragicRomanceDec 18, 2016 3:06 PM
Dec 18, 2016 4:02 PM

Jan 2008
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Especially when they notice poco either never ages; according to their folktales, or ages rapidly; considering a tanuki's lifespan is only 5-12 years.
Dec 18, 2016 6:09 PM

Jun 2015
Nice episode!

There was a tense air throughout the whole episode. Something ought to happen at any moment, I thought. And finally the cover was blown up.

I don't think Souta can hide Poco's identity this time. I wonder if Poco can do some sort of magic in the next episode.

Anyway, Looking forward to the finale!
Dec 18, 2016 7:25 PM

Nov 2011
No NO N O NO I will not accept a bad ending for such a Beautiful anime! PLEASE NO!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 19, 2016 6:55 AM

Dec 2014
What a cliffhanger! I really didn't expect something like this. I thought maybe Souta would tell his sister and Nakajima about Poko but that's it. And now everyone can see his tail! Oh god.
I hope they can stay together in the end. But honestly, we don't even know a lot about Poko. How old is he? Does he even age? Are there others like him? Can he stay human in the future? I'd really like to get an explanation for many questions but I guess we won't get to know a whole lot of stuff next week.
Dec 19, 2016 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
surprised they noticed poco's tail during the fireworks.
shouldnt they have their attention on the fireworks?
Dec 19, 2016 5:05 PM

Nov 2016
Hiroshi's crush on Rin is absolutely hilarious. I love how this anime can perfect the little details.
I hope everything works out for Poco and Souta, with that ending and all
Dec 20, 2016 2:36 AM

Jul 2009
I wonder what Souta will do now! Poco transformed near many people...
Dec 20, 2016 9:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This can go either way in the finale, i need to brace myself for feels either way :|

I still expect a scene where Poco uses his tanuki powers and Souta and his dad meet somehow (they teased it many times now).

Very melancholic feeling throughout this episode.
Dec 20, 2016 12:02 PM

Apr 2016
This has to be one of the most purely enjoyable series I've ever seen. It went from a merely decent little SoL to the dark horse champion of the season (and possibly the year) in my eyes.

The cliffhanger does make me nervous, though. I really don't want a downbeat finale for this.
Dec 21, 2016 9:43 AM

May 2016
It's nice that they put some Gaogao-chan scenes at the last part of the video so that emotions will not go through me . xD
Dec 21, 2016 10:21 AM

May 2016
Oh no!! Poco's secret has been revealed :'(. Please don't let them separate.

I have one question guys. They did say the Poco is a shapeshifting tanuki and can transform into a young kid. If these will happen then Poco will be forever young and Souta will be old >.< GRRR!! I wish that Poco will age too .
Dec 21, 2016 1:42 PM
Oct 2013
So many feels >.<
I'm really enjoying this show, and I just heard about it yesterday and watched all the episodes in one go ^.^"

I'm nervous as fuck, actually, this cliffhanger kill me >.<

And last, not least, Poko is so CUTE!!!! *3*
Dec 21, 2016 11:38 PM

Oct 2008
Poco's finally busted!!!
The truth of Poco would eventually be found-out and it actually happened.
4/5.

Dec 22, 2016 12:19 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode! But i swear to god, this better have a happy ending!
Dec 26, 2016 2:18 AM

Jun 2013
"Freeter, freelancer, they're the same." LOL!!! Nakaji's so mean.

Hiroshi is still crushing on Rin. Hahaha.

Seems like Nakaji and Rin can sense something is wrong.

Poco's cover has been blown! His tail popped out! Maybe Rin and Nakaji knew from the beginning?
臭い-
Dec 26, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
Toriumi (Manabu) had a lot of lines this week, neat. Can't get enough of this guy since Thunderbolt Fantasy.
Dec 31, 2016 1:39 PM

Oct 2012
So it seems Poco will have to disappear finally. And still no signs of Udon restaurant reopening :/

But the real downer is he pretended there is no problem for whole series. The overall premise that he had no real reason to parent this child sticks out since beginning. His motivation to take care of this child is questionable at best and that's mainly what's undermines whole series.
Jan 1, 2017 5:52 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending, that could mean trouble :s really do wonder what will happen next! In general this sure was one heck of a lovely episode and I really do wonder what the last episode will have to offer!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

110 by RioAl »»
Feb 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

48 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

48 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

59 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 3:57 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

77 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 3:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.