Forum Settings
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2014 11:53 AM
Jun 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nope, nope, nope, nope. The end is nigh. It's all over next month guys, and if it's what it looks like... Holy heck.
Kronie is mai waifu.
Enema is my master.
Shadowslave13 is my loli milk provider.
Flume is my dark magic buddy cop sidekick™.
And Afshar was my first MAL friend ;-;

I have coveted these people, so that I may one day sacrifice them in the name of love.
Aug 12, 2014 12:30 PM

Nov 2008
Chapter 55 of “Sankarea” came out in the September 2014 issue of Bessatsu Shounen Magazine on pages 190-225. There are no colour pages, nor any illos or mention of the story on the issue's covers.

The Chapter title is “Sanka Rea” and the English second title is “Zombi2”.

On the last page of the chapter there is a notice stating that next month's issue will contain the final chapter.

I won't post any spoilers here, but I will say that I was not at all expecting the events of the chapter...

My summary for the chapter is now up on my MAL blog.
dbaranyiAug 12, 2014 2:48 PM
Aug 12, 2014 12:59 PM
Jun 2014
dbaranyi said:
Chapter 55 of “Sankarea” came out in the September 2014 issue of Bessatsu Shounen Magazine on pages 190-225. There are no colour pages, nor any illos or mention of the story on the issue's covers.

The Chapter title is “Sanka Rea” and the English second title is “Zombi2”.

On the last page of the chapter there is a notice stating that next month's issue will contain the final chapter.

So far, a raw scan hasn't shown up on either of the “usual suspects”.

I won't post any spoilers here, but I will say that I was not at all expecting the events of the chapter...

I hope to have a summary up on my MAL blog soon.

Thanks friend. Your summaries are the best. As for raws, MangaHead has them up.
Kronie is mai waifu.
Enema is my master.
Shadowslave13 is my loli milk provider.
Flume is my dark magic buddy cop sidekick™.
And Afshar was my first MAL friend ;-;

I have coveted these people, so that I may one day sacrifice them in the name of love.
Aug 12, 2014 10:24 PM

Sep 2011
Wow... Its finally coming to an end... Thanks everyone for sticking together until the end...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 14, 2014 5:18 AM
Feb 2012
The scanlations are behind quite a bit, but at this point I don't care. I'm relying solely on these summaries to 'read' the manga and it's working splendidly.

That being said, next month it really is coming to an end. A great story will finally come to a conclusion. Whether it will be a happy or a bittersweet ending, we shall see.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 14, 2014 7:24 AM

Mar 2012
Damn that end
Aug 14, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2008
A couple of thoughts...

First off - Hattori Mitsuru is very particular about mixing his illos and images in with his dialog. In many cases if you don't look at the illos very carefully the dialog can be misleading. So, for example, in this chapter the author hinted at the unreality of the dialog first with the flowers (typically symbols of blood) and then with how Chihiro's clothing changed. (Chihiro never dresses that well - this is obviously a girl's dream of a guy.)

Now, look at the last couple of pages. Hattori shows plenty of blood, but take a careful look around for what he DOESN"T show. (My interpretation is that this is a "dog that didn't bark" clue.)

Finally, remember, it is Rea who says that she has "eaten Furuya-kun all up", not any outside observer.

This doesn't mean that I expect a "happy" ending (in the absence of a huge ass-pull), but I do feel that there is a fair amount of deliberate misdirection in the ending of the chapter.

BTW - Hattori has also shown that he doesn't "waste" any characters - and we still don't know the purpose of the M.I.B.s that showed up at Danichirou's mansion in a previous chapter... Could they be from ZOMA?
Aug 14, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
There is one more chapter after this one right>?
Aug 14, 2014 4:07 PM

Nov 2008
Smoofie said:
There is one more chapter after this one right>?

That's right - it will out next month on the 9th.
Aug 26, 2014 6:58 AM

Jan 2014
OMG! did she just f***ing slaughtered him while she's unconscious? that cliffhanger ending...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 26, 2014 10:18 AM
Aug 2014
Hey, lets try to tag the post with a spoiler alert first. Hahaha.

I think the genius behind the storyboard really heard the audience about not doing some ass-pull cliche ending. This is definitely a sign that this series is going to tie up the loose ends soon. Very glad to see that there are writers/artists that have a good sense of when the proper time to end a series, regardless of how popular and lucrative it might have become.
Sep 4, 2014 4:14 PM

Jun 2013
Holy shit! her delusions are insane, that's some crazy cliff hanger, hope he isnt really dead
Sep 8, 2014 9:26 AM

Jul 2010
Holy f***, what was that ending?
Oct 16, 2014 11:19 PM
Mar 2012
Holy shit, Rea ate Furuya. At least I hope that isn't what happened.
Oct 17, 2014 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
I doubt we will get a bad end after that but damn, that was brutal there. That little "date" was kinda cute though as shown in this chapter.
Oct 17, 2014 12:38 AM

Oct 2014
The hell, I swear if this is the ending I will flip. I thought this chapter was really interesting and you can see that all the ends of the story are being tied off. I'd just like to see how furuya gets out of this one though. Wow I really didn't see that coming.
"Selamat pagi"
~Aioi Yuuko
Oct 17, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2010
O_O I am speechless if what was indicated really happened!

For some reason I wouldn't mind XD I might raise the score to a 9 if she actually ate him then remembered everything. That would be F***ed UP!! O_o?!

The date was really cute though. It reminded me when this series was light hearted. miss those days :(
Oct 17, 2014 5:27 PM

May 2013
I am speechless right now. I thought that those moments were real, but that wasn't the case.
Oct 19, 2014 7:24 PM

Jul 2012
She ate him, NO!!!!

Great chapter!!!
Oct 19, 2014 7:39 PM

Jun 2014
Fuck dude. I don't know what to say.

At first I was like "Well, that was resolved disappointingly quick. I guess I can roll with a happy ending even if it's a cop-out." I was fully convinced that Furuya was taking Rea out on a stroll to get her memories back. I was happy with Furuya finally being confident taking full responsibility for Rea. I was content by that...

AND THEN REALITY HITS YOU LIKE A FUCKING TRUCK.

I'm not sure if my heart can take this. I don't even care anymore if it's a happy ending or not. I just want to put my wussy-ass heart to rest.
HibernapeOct 21, 2014 2:48 PM
Oct 21, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2009
Awww, that's so swee- HOLY FUCKING FUCK WHAT THE FUCK MAN?! O_o
YOU DON'T DO THAT! I mean, if this was one of those super heavy drama manga, sure, but Jesus Christ dude, this is to heavy for Sankarea! >_>

And yeah, I'm aware of the actual ending, but by God this chapter was brutal, in the literal sense of the word.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 11:31 PM
Mar 2009
Yeah, was thinking, "How the hell did they end up just walking out and spending a whole day on a date?"

Then, BAM. Holy fuuuuuuuuckk. Will plot armour overcome all the death flags?
Nov 7, 2014 9:45 PM

Apr 2012
I highly doubt they would end it like this.
Mar 16, 2015 11:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
At first I was thinking "What a copout by the author!" and then that happened. Wow. Are they really going to end it like that? Top marks to the author if he does.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 12, 2015 2:06 AM

Apr 2009
For a moment there, I thought I started the wrong chapter or something with that sudden date sequence. That we were getting an underwhelmingly easy happy ending after some fast forward. Dat bloody end to this chapter though. One chapter left to end it all. Gotta wonder how this will all end now. No sign of Chihiro except for the blood everywhere.
May 20, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2015
Ow shit, it was all in her mind?jeez...lets see how it ends
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 20, 2016 6:31 AM
Mar 2015
That's was a huge mind twist at the end. Why Hattori? Why would you do this?
May 23, 2021 1:56 PM
Nov 2020
Can't say I expected that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 56 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Sep 5, 2014

84 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 23, 1:07 PM

» Sankarea Chapter 56.1 Extra Discussion ( 1 2 )

End - May 27, 2015

95 by Kitsu-nee »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 4 Discussion

Laevantein - Mar 17, 2010

49 by Kitsu-nee »»
Oct 29, 2023 3:20 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 1 Discussion

RobinotX - Mar 6, 2010

15 by removed-user »»
Mar 4, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 13 Discussion

dbaranyi - Dec 15, 2010

26 by Niamhyuwu »»
Oct 15, 2022 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.