Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 10, 2014 4:55 PM

Sep 2013
Well, I'm disappointed.
I had heard some good things about this anime, and how it was emotional with only 6 episodes.
But it never happened. Nothing was really sad and the characters weren't likable.
I wouldn't say it was bad, but not very good either.
6/10
Nov 12, 2014 6:36 AM
Nov 2014
One of the best anime ive ever watched. Straight down to the feels. - Marla Ahlgrimm
Nov 14, 2014 6:51 AM

May 2014
Great ending
Overall score 8/10, becouse the previous episode f***ed up the anime compleately
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jun 17, 2015 10:45 AM

Oct 2014
she didn't die so 6/10
Nov 2, 2015 8:31 PM

Apr 2015
Beautiful ending! I love it so much! 10/10
Dec 21, 2015 10:07 PM

Jan 2014
This was cute. Not my favourite 6-episode-OVA, but I liked it :D
May 18, 2016 9:34 AM

Mar 2015
The drama and romance was alright, albeit a little rushed in the earlier episodes. However, I loved the message/themes behind the show, described by the redhead when talking to the assh*le doctor. That drove it up to 8. I really understand the show now.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 28, 2016 8:53 AM

Mar 2015
People make up excuse when they dislike a story. But it wont change my mind. I like it a lot. 10/10

"At the risk of my life, I'll become yours completely." (EP 5)
THE BEST CONFESSION EVER!!!

And the last few dialog~
Dr:One day, he'll lose everything.
Akiko:So what? For Yuuichi, it may be like that, but for Rika, it's completely different.
Dr:What do you mean?
Akiko:When Rika is with Yuuichi, she's always laughing, right? Before, she never laughed at all. But now she's laughing so happily. Maybe one day she'll die. But... Dying without any happiness and dying with a smile... Which way is more fulfilling? For a girl, even if it's only for a short time... No, because it is only for a short time... For them to be happy to their hearts' content, or be filled with joyous laughter... If such moments exist, somehow I can accept their fate. Rika is... right now very fortunate.
Dr:What happens to the people who are left behind?
Akiko:They have to endure it.
Dr:It sounds like it's nothing when you say it.
Akiko:What's the most important thing? Your own happiness? Or the happiness of the person you love the most?

EsperMay 28, 2016 9:20 AM
This salad is salty favored
Jun 15, 2016 1:01 PM

Jan 2015
Weird...weird ending of this anime....and the photo's in the end that had like marriage theme...like wtf??? They married each other???? Did she lived more??? So many unanswered questions...still enjoyable series 6/10 from me....if it was atleast 13 episodes I would know more... but whatever...Japanese with their propagand-ish drama series always wins over me
Sep 27, 2016 3:25 PM

Jun 2016
I'm surprised so many people are willingly discussing how they wanted something to cry over.

I thought it was great, but it was definitely more tragic the way they drew it out.

To sum it all up, the show was bittersweet and brought some tears to my eyes. Overall, I love Yuichi. (: Great character.
I guess you really are a part of my heart now
Oct 11, 2016 12:40 AM

Jul 2010
6/10.

Found this on crunchyroll one afternoon and decided to binge. Was a nice, relaxing watch... The kinda thing I just sorta pay attention to and chill.

It was charming, a little disjointed, generic and silly, but charming in its own way. Yuichi's NTR scene was random, but I just ignored it personally as badly inserted fanservice. Hope Yuichi and Rika were able to love each other as long as they could.

Also, random zebra friend was great.
Nov 23, 2016 3:06 PM

Nov 2013
I have a split impression of this ending. On one hand, it seems less tragic, that they get to spend a few years together. But on the other, like the doctor said, it's the worst possible outcome. Now they have a commitment, he'll curtail or stop his education plans, and they'll have a few years of bliss, perhaps living in near poverty, together. Then she'll die, and he'll be in his mid 20s with no education, no money and no future. What a trade-off that seems like. Or he could just commit suicide then and there and skip the next 50 years of likely misery, mourning and poverty. How many people can become a success, starting from scratch at age 25 or older in Japan?
Mar 16, 2017 8:57 PM

Jul 2014
Well she survived... for now. A start to a romantic relationship, they kiss... and it ends there.

6/10.
Apr 6, 2017 8:34 AM

Jul 2014
Short romance, slice of life and drama anime but its still good to watch....!
9/10
Apr 6, 2017 8:34 AM

Jul 2014
Short romance, slice of life and drama anime but its still good to watch....!
9/10
Jul 20, 2017 1:51 AM

May 2015
Bittersweet ending route... may their love be strong enough to survive the times & physical boundaries...
Sep 24, 2017 5:45 AM

Oct 2015
They executed this ova well considering it was a 6 episode, the story was alright for me and tolerable. The finale was heartwarming and the way Yuuichi fought to see Rika in the end was inspiring, but not epic even if he almost died. The scene in the end where they where looking at the sky was almost beautiful, especially when they kissed. 6/10 for being sappy and inspired a warming atmosphere.
lihle808Sep 24, 2017 5:49 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 24, 2017 9:52 AM

Oct 2014
This anime was nothing special, just reading the synopsis beforehand you get the gist of it and it doesnt really surprise you beyond that.

I agree that some scenes were annoying but thats realism, the author clearly doesnt care for pandering to audience.

I'm talking about the doctor getting drunk and beating up Ezaki. He's only human, he had a lot to drink probably feeling the pressure since the procedure is insanely difficult and its all resting on his shoulders... then you have this dumb kid without a care in the world not surprising he gets pissed off.

Also the "NTR" scene its like what do you expect a 17 yr old virgin to do when some hot babe with massive tits wants to fuck him? I personally dont think that scene helped at all, it would have been better without it but I get what the author is trying to do, its not just fairy tale romance.

Anyway I give it a 7/10 because thats what I give all 'decent' anime that ill probably forget about by tomorrow.
Feb 5, 2018 9:30 AM
Aug 2016
This could've been a much better watch if I would've opted for it when I was about 13, in this day and age it is sort of whitebread, but 7/10, nice short series, nonetheless
Aug 10, 2018 2:00 AM

Sep 2011
Well at least it ended with a happy note and I didn't expect a kiss in the end. That's really nice since I was hoping that they will kiss and this anime granted it. Overall the series is okay.

Sep 29, 2018 12:56 AM
May 2018
Hmm, are they get married at the end? My friends said it anime with married ending. But still okay to watch. Overall 9/10
Mar 15, 2019 7:50 PM

Mar 2016
This was alright I guess. Instead of being melodramatic it was just dumb and lifeless, if I had a choice I'd choose melodrama. I sort wanted some angsty bittersweet 'last leaf on the branch' type shit that would dampen my eyes a little. For what it deals with it isn't very emotional, and it's hard to feel great about a kiss when they hardly spent any time together, and whatever time was spent together was him being treated like shit, or having to clear up some dumb misunderstanding. Not that I was looking for a tragedy either, I mean given the synopsis it would be too obvious. Keep the ending, and make the journey worth getting there. Also, our MC plays the role of a sacrificing hero too well, and with this script it plays out in an absurd, rather than dramatic way.

Nurse best girl.
syncrogazerMar 15, 2019 8:00 PM
Jan 13, 2020 4:01 PM
Apr 2016
A very cruel outcome for sure; living with the dying. Beautiful show overall, enjoyed it very much! Especially because of all the subtle little emotion details.
Dec 29, 2020 10:53 AM

Aug 2020
Nice show. I just wish there was more development on their friendship/relationship, but it's not a big issue for me. Finished this anime in one day, and I'm glad I watched.

Jan 22, 2021 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
Oof, this could've been great if the characters weren't so damn unlikebale :x
Akiko is probably the only good character in this show (together with Yuuichi's friends I guess).

Rika's personality was pretty terrible and while I have a lot of emapthy for her because of her condition, she was still unbearable in at least half of the episodes.

Yuuichi was boring for the most part, but turned into a total disappointment in episode 5. Let's go get nasty while the person you love is dying, am I right? And then he just keeps quiet and Rika never gets to know the truth... oof.

And Goro, the doctor, was probably the worst character I've seen in a while. His backstory didn't give him any right to act as horrible as he did.

6/10, cause it wasn't bad overall & it was enjoyable, but the characters were really subpar imo.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jun 7, 2022 4:29 PM
Oct 2018
So what did Yuichi say to Rika in ep1 and ep6 ?
Personally, I think it may be something like "I'll definitely make you happy".
But it would also be nice if the answer was actually in the books they read ("Night on the galatic railroad" or "Les Thibault").
Aug 22, 2022 7:26 PM

Aug 2022
What a bittersweet ending! But I loved every minute of it! What a wonderful gem this short anime was! I'm tempted to look for the light novels now!
Dec 29, 2022 10:51 PM

Jun 2022
Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of this anime, especially the adult characters. That ending was truly beautiful though, not what I was expecting at all. It didn't end in tragedy, it wasn't a happy-ever-after, it ended on a fulfilling but realistic note and stayed true to the show's message. This anime was a 6/10 for me, but the final episode was a 10/10.  
Jan 21, 2023 11:02 PM
Apr 2021
A nice ending, but sad due to the fact that she is destined to die....
Feb 5, 2023 1:12 AM

May 2018
All I can say that I am satisfied with this ending, although it's sad, I am happy that they chose to be beside each other.

Feb 10, 2023 3:15 PM

Jul 2022
Kinda hoped for a sad ending that put me in tears but I still liked it. Didn't really like the comedy in it, I give it 8/10
Aug 3, 2023 1:54 PM

Dec 2022
Beyond awful anime. I can barely think of any redeeming factors to it. When your main characters are bipolar and have no chemistry with each other at all from the start, it doesn't set a spectacular precedent. Any potential for development for them was wasted by giving the temperamental doctor guy more screentime than the main heroine, and he had little characterisation beyond arrogant pontificating to Yuuichi and angst. The animation was mediocre at best too.

All the drama involved such contrived and ineffective event catalysts that I sometimes didn't realise when they progressed from attempted humour into serious developments. The anime wasted so much time on walking stereotype side characters and juvenile humour that it had to rush through things when the narrative finally picked up, only to promptly forget about what just occurred in the next scene anyway. The premise writes itself, and this anime still manages to fumble it by bombarding you with irrelevant distractions and filler scenes that only serve to further constrain the delivery of anything resembling an actual plot.

Archean-ReturnAug 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Shaded Horizon

Sep 13, 2023 2:30 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2012:

Mar 13, 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
This title has one redeeming quality: It is short. +1 to the score, which is 2 in total for me.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora Episode 5 Discussion

then - Nov 29, 2007

37 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 3, 2023 1:10 PM

Poll: » Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora Episode 4 Discussion

then - Nov 22, 2007

32 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:29 PM

Poll: » Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora Episode 3 Discussion

then - Nov 19, 2007

46 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:53 AM

Poll: » Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Nov 19, 2007

55 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 3, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora Episode 1 Discussion

then - Nov 19, 2007

46 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 3, 2023 10:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.