Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2009 2:52 PM
Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a dramatic episode! And I loved some scenes.^^ But I don't want to spoil so...
Can't wait for the next ep! A new Bishi~ :D

U can watch the raw version here:
http://up.b9dm.com/lz/9666.html
Apr 27, 2009 12:24 AM

Jan 2009
First episode I had some T_T. Eugene made a whole 360 on me. Completely now feel bad for him , understand his anger and frustrations also reason of why.
What I liked (dark mood):
-Kajika not letting herself be talked by Eugene and stay inside his place.

What I did like(a lot but only because is sad):

Best scene for me! Great emotions!

Very surprised at Kajika shooting that gun.

Very sad. Around here me T_T Good drama.

Very surprised they used something like this. It was nice but does it mean the house is haunted by the mother or just a way they showed what they meant during this scene??
japanme32Apr 27, 2009 12:35 AM
Apr 27, 2009 8:53 PM

Feb 2009
i didnt rly understand the logic behind that dudes revenge but it was interesting as hell
Apr 27, 2009 10:49 PM

Jan 2009
Heh, I'm loving Hanasakeru. But this episode was just dissapointing for me, they could've done the dramatic scenes with less drama. They overflowed with it. I mean, i didn't felt any affectiong towards those scenes. Kajika's annoyance came back with the mustafa, holy shit just leave behind that please. I exploded on laughs when Kajika said to Eugene: "Mustafa!". I was like... what the fuck?

I was -kinda- bored till Li-Ren appeared and Eugene made him jealous, he made this episode happy for meh. Anyway whats with Toranosuke pose when he was lecturing Kajika? That was unnesesarily gay.

And glad that Eugene left that emo attitude now. He is sorta too charming now.

Next ep: The new sexy guy? O_O
MikiyoApr 28, 2009 3:21 AM

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 28, 2009 12:25 AM

Mar 2009
The mellow drama was kind of over the top for me...so much so it made me laugh instead of making me feel anything for Eugene's character. Kajika managed to be annoying but charming at the same time. LoL @ Toranosuke who reprimand Kajika for spending the night with Eugene. She acts so innocent and cute in her response and she did the same thing with Li Ren at the end...Poor Li Ren...that look on his face when he heard her was just priceless. Wow, can't wait for the next episode when mysterious bishie Lumarti Laginei make his appearance and there's a mystery woman with Li Ren as well.
Apr 28, 2009 3:21 AM

Apr 2009
*sobs* uwahhhhhhhhhhh, so sad!
and is that a girl liren at the preview?
PM me and let's be friends.
Apr 28, 2009 7:17 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, who would have thought Eugene had such a tragic backstory? I haven't read the manga, but I assume they must have kept his story the same. I can almost assume though they did it this way to create more compassion from the viewers for Eugene. It's how it always goes. Bad guy turns out to be not so bad, blahblahblah. Oh well, it worked for me, to be honest. I understand his behavior a little bit more now. But Kajika going on about him being Mustafa again, please, it's getting old.

I loved Li-ren's reaction while he dropped the cactus. C'mon Kajika, get the hint already! I'm wondering who the black-haired woman next to Li-ren is, that we see for a brief moment. I hope she will make Kajika a bit jealous. >:)

And, the introduction for the next bachelor. Probably that dude with the purple headband.. I'm still wondering if there is any special hidden hint about this image in the OP. He is the only one pictured next to Kajika..

Does this mean she will end up with him? Based on looks only, he reminds me of Eugene and Li-ren..
desolatoApr 28, 2009 7:24 AM
Apr 28, 2009 7:54 AM

Jun 2008
desolato said:
And, the introduction for the next bachelor. Probably that dude with the purple headband.. I'm still wondering if there is any special hidden hint about this image in the OP. He is the only one pictured next to Kajika..

Does this mean she will end up with him? Based on looks only, he reminds me of Eugene and Li-ren..

I think the image probably means she'll end up with him, or maybe he's just the one with the most complicated backstory? XD

Anyways, what was up with how Kajika "saved" Eugene? She shot a window and everything was okay? I DON'T GET IT. WAY TOO SYMBOLIC.

Still annoyed with Kajika, but I love Li-ren. <3
Apr 28, 2009 8:43 AM

Feb 2009
desolato said:

From the way he looks and reading the first few chapters of the manga which provides a kind of prolouge I can sort of guess who he is and why he might be next to Kajika, but I'm sure that will be revealed later and it would ruin the whole 'What Kajika's destiny is' that her father mentioned.
Then again she might end up with him... but if she does I hope he's not who I think he is...

Yeah, I just rewatched the opening so it kind of strengthens my belief that it's not because they get together.

Also the hand that grabs Kajika's at the end of the opening, doesn't it seem like Li Ren's? If you look at the colour of all the characters the other two are too pale and the 4th is too dark, he seems to be just the right shade. xD
kittybellApr 28, 2009 8:51 AM
Apr 28, 2009 8:48 AM
Oct 2008
My god, that was satisfying ;'O ! 5/5.
Im glad the relationship between those two is improving :D.
Next episode seems interesting, a new bishie is introduced <3.
Apr 28, 2009 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
That was terrible. I'm not even going to talk about how they just skitted over deep seeded psychological issues just because Kajika shot a window.

What I will say is that I'll finish the next arc and decide to drop this or not.
Apr 28, 2009 1:04 PM
Oct 2008
This episode was really bad... it was so bad that it actually made me laugh at the supposedly most dramatic scenes. The level of emoness and weltschmerz of Eugene was way to much for me... and then he is suddenly cured - Kajika works better than any prozac. I'm not sure if I want to see another episode.
Apr 28, 2009 1:49 PM

Jul 2007
Eugene's past and Kajika's metaphorical killing of him was the closure of the first manga volume, so they're probably going to use up about 3-4 episodes per volume, judging on the programmed length.

Really liked Ono-san's performance as Eugene this time around; it may feel over the top and melodramatic, but that's the way it should be, he's really starting to fit into the role.
Kajika is still blissfully unaware of the way things are supposed to work in the so-called "adult society" and she still sees and treats Eugene as her beloved pet. I was expecting her to stroke him under his chin to calm him down, like the big cat she thinks he is.

Meanwhile Li Ren doesn't know what to do with her antics (the poor cactus ç_ç) and tries to distract himself diving into something easier to deal with, namely his famiily politics. Very nice facial expressions throughout.

And finally the preview shows some pivotal characters that will put a spin to things. At least if they follow the plot :D. Can't wait to see them.
seimeiApr 28, 2009 1:54 PM
Apr 28, 2009 3:17 PM
Dec 2007
Strangely, the over-dramatization of this episode would have felt pointless and ridiculous in most, if not all shows, but in this one, it was just very good and fun, and that's probably due to Chiaki Kon's great direction and Tetsuya Saito/Tsuyoshi Sato's music.

Great episode overall, very straightforward, with a very good plot and featuring the same fantastic OP/ED as usual.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 28, 2009 4:30 PM

Apr 2009
LOL at the sperm thing. Seriously. :D

Now Eugene likes Kajika! :D *happy
Apr 28, 2009 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
I loved Li-Ren's reaction when Kajika said she had slept with Eugene. And then when Eugene waves at Li-Ren, and it resembles Mustafa perfectly...lol. XD

Now that the Eugene issue has been mostly solved, why not bring in the long-haired bishie? I've been dying to finally meet him. I thought it would be 1 bishie per episode, but it seems like it's going to be 1 bishie, his entire story, and then 2nd bishie, his entire story, 3rd bishie, his entire story and so on. Ah, whatever. As long as the next episode has a showdown between Eugene and Li-Ren~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2009 9:28 PM

Jan 2009
Li Ren is the only character that makes me watch this show...
I was soo happy that the Mustafa thing wasnt mentioned and then .... they did!!!
I just find that very irritating.
Apr 29, 2009 1:16 AM

Sep 2008
it`s all solved, i slept whit him one nigth and i felt at ease
li-ren: eh (cactus falls)
hahahah
so thats it for the eugene problems, so lets get going
judjing by the opening and because he already appeared the next guy to run into kajika is the blonde one
jeje this show feels like its going to worthy of all the waiting
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 29, 2009 3:49 PM

Oct 2007
man that was one twisted plot 0__0 but it was good in the end and Li-Ren's reaction to her sleeping in the same bed as Eugene was classic XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2009 12:43 AM

Jan 2009
the cheese is just too over whelming. Dropped.
Apr 30, 2009 2:37 AM

Apr 2008
Drama, drama, drama! -_-;
Timeout808 said:
i didnt rly understand the logic behind that dudes revenge but it was interesting as hell
His brother already said he wouldn't sire a kid and so using him, after death, to get Christine (who was already vulnerable/scared) pregnant, for me, was beyond revenge Their mother also seemed to be on a different level :S

Well like others Li Ren is the one that pulled this episode up for me! Not only in shock from Kajika's declaration of love and 'sleeping' with Eugene, but also the Mustafa realisation right at the end! ^^

Next episode looks like even more melodrama.. I can't help but laugh when I saw those huge sunglasses! :P
May 2, 2009 6:27 AM

Jul 2008
FiiFO said:
man that was one twisted plot 0__0 but it was good in the end and Li-Ren's reaction to her sleeping in the same bed as Eugene was classic XD

yeah the ending was quite good^^
May 2, 2009 10:52 AM

Jul 2008
loling at Li-Ren's reaction

I liked this episode, drama is good for shoujo. <3
I love Eugene now, he's done a complete turnaround AND he still has a sexy voice. I'm eagerly awaiting his future appearances.
May 2, 2009 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
I'm not sure if I enjoyed this episode or not.

The drama was fairly executed. I didn't feel a thing. I'm not sure why though. However, most of the previous drama type shows that I watched were not as bad as this.

I like the fact that they did answer all of my questions. Anyway, I guess I'll keep watching. I don't see any reason to drop this or anything. However, my interest level on this show went down.

May 2, 2009 12:39 PM
Dec 2008
I really hope I'm not wasting my time watching the anime just for Kajika to end up with Li-Ren. His character is so boring and he keeps giving off the obvious ending kind of vibe. I don't like when there's a character like him who obviously likes the main girl but plays it off and all the other guys are just fillers. So far I like Eugene the best, but then again there's only two guys so far :P
May 2, 2009 5:41 PM

Jun 2008
Jacut said:
Strangely, the over-dramatization of this episode would have felt pointless and ridiculous in most, if not all shows, but in this one, it was just very good and fun, and that's probably due to Chiaki Kon's great direction and Tetsuya Saito/Tsuyoshi Sato's music.

Great episode overall, very straightforward, with a very good plot and featuring the same fantastic OP/ED as usual.

I agree. normally, I would make fun of something like this but this episode actually made me cry. Now I really want her to end up with Eugene but I'm sure that won't happen :(
May 2, 2009 6:41 PM

Jul 2008
So this episode consisted of telling us Eugene's horrible past which is that his real father was a beautiful prick that always picked on his fake father so his fake father stole his sperm while he was in a comatose state, waited 15 years for a beautiful woman to appear so that he could injected her with his brothers sperm. just so he can create someone more beautiful than he was. Huh. The rich must lead really boring lives.

The whole Kajika calling Eugene Mustafa is so unbelievably annoying, I want to drop the series just for that. Everything is all touching and serious and the next thing I hear is friggin' "Mustafa". Oh boy.
May 3, 2009 3:52 AM
Nov 2007
I like this anime so far. I'm waiting for Lumarty to appear in the next episode which seem to be a good one.
I also like Eugene's action with Li ren in the end of this episode. He somehow looks like Mustafa.
May 3, 2009 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
patient_senses said:
So this episode consisted of telling us Eugene's horrible past which is that his real father was a beautiful prick that always picked on his fake father so his fake father stole his sperm while he was in a comatose state, waited 15 years for a beautiful woman to appear so that he could injected her with his brothers sperm. just so he can create someone more beautiful than he was. Huh. The rich must lead really boring lives.

The whole Kajika calling Eugene Mustafa is so unbelievably annoying, I want to drop the series just for that. Everything is all touching and serious and the next thing I hear is friggin' "Mustafa". Oh boy.

Ditto. Lots of ridiculousness here.

I giggled a bit too much in the second half of the episode. All the same, next episode it looks like we get the long-haired bishi! (For some reason, I'm very excited.)

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
May 3, 2009 12:26 PM

Sep 2007
There is something VERY WRONG with using A GUN to stop someone from committing suicide.

Even if it was meant to be "metaphorical" and stuff...WTH?!

gahhhhh.....YES go away Eugene and take "Mustafa's ghost" with you for a bloody while <_<
Seriously.....I'm hoping Kajika hooks up with ANYONE besides Eugene at this point cuz the "= Mustafa" thing seriously pisses me off
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 3, 2009 6:54 PM

Jun 2007
kittybell said:
desolato said:

From the way he looks and reading the first few chapters of the manga which provides a kind of prolouge I can sort of guess who he is and why he might be next to Kajika, but I'm sure that will be revealed later and it would ruin the whole 'What Kajika's destiny is' that her father mentioned.
Then again she might end up with him... but if she does I hope he's not who I think he is...

Yeah, I just rewatched the opening so it kind of strengthens my belief that it's not because they get together.

Also the hand that grabs Kajika's at the end of the opening, doesn't it seem like Li Ren's? If you look at the colour of all the characters the other two are too pale and the 4th is too dark, he seems to be just the right shade. xD

He looks similar to her so I'm guessing he may be a distant relative. If it is then this whole "game" is probably a method from her dad to try and get her to willingly choose someone she was going be to forced to marry anyway.
May 4, 2009 8:08 PM

Jun 2007
I seriously don't know whether to stick with this or not. On one hand it's a bit interesting. On the other it's really cheezy. But there are no other romance series this season that I found, and I need at least one a season ^^ Though I like seeing Li-Ren so it's not all bad.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
May 5, 2009 12:23 AM

Dec 2007
That was a dramatic episode, and I don’t imagine there’s a heavy drama in that episode. It has a good plot, and it was interesting to learn about Eugene’s past and her mother. I don’t think that I will drop this series because I’m a big fan of shoujo, after all.
May 5, 2009 3:21 AM

May 2008
great i love this episode another nice show it seems

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 30, 2009 1:48 PM

Jun 2008
Fantastic episode!~ Eugene really is like Mustafa to Li-ren huh.. gosh does Kajika have to hug Li-ren in every episode? I don't think it's that cute anymore lol. I can't beleive Kajika actually laid next to Eugene? I loved Li-ren's expression when he heard this. xD
HEY!
Jun 6, 2009 5:49 PM

Jan 2008
Normal episode, waiting for the next...
Jul 23, 2009 9:40 AM

Oct 2008
Kajika is driving me crazy! xD
"Mustafa, Mustafa!"
Because of her I have to check up on MAL what his real name is, ah yeah, Eugene.. o.o
Jul 28, 2009 8:50 AM

Jan 2009
so marvelous :3
Oct 20, 2009 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't enjoy this. It was weird, if anything.
Jul 28, 2010 12:27 AM

Oct 2007
I... kinda liked how this episode ended but... overall is kinda lame :[
Apr 21, 2011 3:14 AM

Feb 2011
interesting story of the past...
Jun 7, 2011 8:39 AM
Jun 2011
Very dramatic episode, totally loved it!
Aug 28, 2013 7:08 PM
Aug 2011
LOL at this drama.
It's ridiculous and over the top and dare I say that it's so bad that it's good.
I was really entertained ahaha. If only that Alan guy knew he had a child 15 years later after he died, that would be a mindfuck.

BTW isn't this girl like 14, uhh how is she a firearm handling pro? I cannot.
Jul 31, 2017 5:02 PM
Aug 2014
Well that was all rather dramatic wasn't it and not in a good way.
Dec 15, 2020 1:42 PM

Mar 2017
every 5 minutes i have to remind myself this girl is FOURTEEN. like BRUH.
Jun 1, 2021 3:03 PM

Jan 2021
I can’t decide what to ship.
Both Kajika and Eugene kinda look cute together.
Mar 4, 2022 7:02 PM

Oct 2019
Ikano said:
There is something VERY WRONG with using A GUN to stop someone from committing suicide.

Even if it was meant to be "metaphorical" and stuff...WTH?!

gahhhhh.....YES go away Eugene and take "Mustafa's ghost" with you for a bloody while <_<
Seriously.....I'm hoping Kajika hooks up with ANYONE besides Eugene at this point cuz the "= Mustafa" thing seriously pisses me off

Ha, dont kill yourself dude *shoots him in leg to prevent from jumping* lol.
I dont know how this will go but i feel that eugene is not gonna be her husband. I feel they put a lot of emphasis with mustafa shit to show that he is someone she loves to be in the prescence of but i feel like she loves him in a family type of thing. I dont think she would love him in the sense of a couple. But idk, that my guess.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Oct 20, 2022 5:24 AM

Jan 2021
Oooh! I loved this episode. The moment when Eugene confronted his father with the secret he had kept until Kajika hugged him was incredible to me.

But who would have thought that Kajika and Eugene would sleep in the same bed after that? xD Li Ren was so shocked that he even dropped the flower vase hahaha.

I hate myself to say this because I didn't like him in the previous episodes but to be honest, Eugene's appearance is really to my liking. Tall, long silver hair and a gentle smile :")

The scene when he smiled in the flower garden made me scream "please don't make me start liking you" LOL I want to be loyal to Li Ren :"D

And the scene at the end.. is he really Mustafa...? But I guess Kajika likes him because Kajika knew that Eugene is actually a gentle being (like Mustafa). I don't think she likes him romantically.

Mar 17, 2023 7:36 AM

Feb 2015
Somehow the scene near the end with Kajika and Eugene's dad really pissed me off. xD Like lady, I would not comfort him at that time. First of all not my place to say Eugene has forgiven him already, plus let the man sit in his own mess for awhile. Maybe he became a better person later in life, who knows, but the things he did are beyond messed up. Poor Kristin. She did not deserve any of this. Let the old man suffer with the consequences of his actions.

I'm so happy to see Lee-Ren again! I like Eugene but I'm rooting for Lee-Ren, even though Kajika kinda annoys me a lot sometimes... often. I just think he'd deserve better but since he wants to be with her, I wish that will happen and he'll be happy.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Oct 30, 2023 9:54 PM

Jan 2021
“ your words are what keep me going “ Umm… didn’t they only each other for like two days? Why are they talking like they’ve know each other for years? xD uhh anyways.. doesn’t really matter I guess. Just. . Yeah , wanted to rant about that

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 22, 2009

28 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 6, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 5 Discussion

bonbonzy - May 4, 2009

31 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:57 PM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 3 Discussion

bonbonzy - Apr 20, 2009

43 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 3, 2023 9:44 AM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bonbonzy - Apr 12, 2009

60 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 3, 2023 9:34 AM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bonbonzy - Apr 5, 2009

82 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 3, 2023 8:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.