Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2007 3:26 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, I have no clue how they are finishing this up in one more episode. They have to at least have another 4 episode installment to get this whole thing done, even after introducing the Desian side story with this episode (which proved my theory about them ignoring that part wrong). Oh, and they changed the plot a bit too here, which I guess needed to be done to explain things properly without going into details.

If they were going to animate the series like this, I feel its just a waste of funds into this project when they are omitting so many things out. Well, I guess we'll see what happens in the last OVA.
Nov 7, 2007 2:45 AM

Jun 2007
As someone that has never played the game, I feel up to this point, the show has been great. At times it has felt rushed and of course makes me want to learn more about specific things and characters. The animation up to this part has been great and the battles have been sweet. Like I mentioned before, they seem to be rushing allot of things. I would have liked to see battles last a bit longer. O well, its been a good ova so far. I can only hope the ending is good and complete...I don't want some non-ending where we have to wait for a series or another ova to come out.
Nov 7, 2007 3:28 AM

Sep 2007

I haven't played the game either, but to me, this has been an interesting OVA series. Just too bad that there are only 4 episodes. I think it could have been much better if there had been more episodes, 'cause then it wouldn't have the rushing through feeling. But I really wonder how the ending is going to be..
Nov 7, 2007 5:20 AM

May 2006
Nope, they extended it from 4 to 8 OVAs. :)

"I'll go crazy by the end of the year" - K Fu's comment while doing Proofs and Number Theory in Advanced Higher Maths
Nov 7, 2007 2:08 PM

Jun 2007
martino said:
Nope, they extended it from 4 to 8 OVAs. :)

Really? nice!
Nov 7, 2007 2:38 PM

Jun 2007
I also haven't played the game(Although I played other tales games) but loving this and great to hear that it extended to 8 ovas. Kratos pwns once again
Nov 10, 2007 3:44 AM
Jul 2007
OMG i want more Zelos!!!! D: hes in the opening but hes not really in the episodes at all... only like, two frames :|

but ok, it all makes sense now if there will be 4 more eps :D i hope youre right about that cause theres no way it would all wrap up in one more ep.

i played the game (and loved it by the way) but the story seems REALLY different so its kinda confusing to me, in a way, cause i already know how the story goes, but then its different :P and its too rushed... and too much is missing... lol...
...we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...
Nov 10, 2007 4:03 AM

Jun 2007
Awesome so its gonna be 8 OVA's now? That means hopefully it won't be rushed that much. Still even 8 OVA's sounds kinda short. After all they do have a LOT of story to cover. Even if they leave out all side quests etc. AND I WANT PRESEA :O
Dec 3, 2007 1:14 AM

Oct 2007
Has it really been extended to 8 episodes? It's still listed as 4 on this site, lol.

This episode was really good however and I thought it flowed a lot better than the 2nd episode. Can't wait to see episode 4.
Dec 13, 2007 10:58 PM
Dec 2007
when is the next ova coming out? I have played the game, and they changed the story a bit, but still pretty good and entertaining. Makes sense to extend to 8 ovas because there is no way to finish the rest of the story in one ova. They are missing quite a lot of stuff..like the main bad guy for starters!
Dec 13, 2007 11:51 PM

Feb 2007
You know, they're not making an RPG-like anime. So if you take out all those quests to get Summon Spirits, boss fights, and what-not, you get a shorter run. Basically, many of the important parts were the animated sequences in the game. Granted, I have get to see this episode, so I don't really have a sense of what direction this anime is going in.
Jan 27, 2008 1:19 PM

Oct 2007
Stop leaving stuff out, Stop rushing it, Stop making this OVA fell hallow, At the very least you should of made it into a 20+ minute 24 episode series instead of 8, 32 minute OVA's. What were you thinking? At least it doesn't completely suck, but still 2 out of 5 stars.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2008 4:47 AM

Apr 2007
Finally got to this episode after putting it on hold for months; good stuff though, also nice to hear it's being extended, since they aren't even halfway through the story. So I'm assuming ep.4 will finish up the events in Slyvarant, then the last 4 will be everything in Tethe'alla.
Jun 9, 2008 3:46 PM

Oct 2007
A lot happened in this ep! I loved all the fight scenes throughout. But I had no idea that Lloyd could take the exsphere out of his hand! And it's so sad that collette lost her voice!

8 episodes? seriously? that's pretty awesome. As someone who hasn't played the game I've thought this OVA was pretty good. It's sort of obvious that things are being left out but its still fun to watch.
May 6, 2009 3:05 AM

May 2008
where's Regal and Presea dammmmmmmmmm lol well hopefully this will go on

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 8, 2010 6:29 AM

Feb 2009
Very action-oriented episode, pretty cool fights there. Also some interesting development.
Sep 13, 2010 10:55 AM

Oct 2009
Bit short seal battle, but the rest was nice.

vindemon64 said:

If they were going to animate the series like this, I feel its just a waste of funds into this project when they are omitting so many things out. Well, I guess we'll see what happens in the last OVA.

Agreed
Jun 22, 2011 11:03 AM

Jul 2007
Aurao said:
Bit short seal battle, but the rest was nice.

vindemon64 said:

Agreed

yep i agree to. Its weird had so many hard core tales fans still give this anime ova a solid 10 just because there true fans of the game. I am not blinded by my enjoyment of the game so much that i will even remotely consider this anime adaptation the same. It is far from it. I know most anime adaptations can never truly make a direct story telling of a games story line. But ive seen them do a better job then what tales of syphonia is doing. This is just so incredible quick and fast its like you don't even care for these characters at all.

The only thing that i truly love and that is nostalgic about the ova, is the production quality showing all the characters in anime form is nice to see. I love the new opening they created to.

Nov 8, 2013 12:20 AM

Jul 2013
Well I'm not sure what to say here, still felt it was rushed most of the time and getting the reveal of Lloyd's death mother. Well it was pretty much an okay episode, the fighting was really entertaining but really short though.

Ah well I wonder what the last OVA episode like like.

Jan 1, 2014 5:21 PM

Nov 2011
Losing parents to someone you know that killed them...is painful. Not sure what to think of this OVA. Felt average but I can't help but give sympathy to our mc, Colette.
Dec 24, 2014 2:54 PM

Jun 2012
That got me right in the kokoro.
May 7, 2020 5:04 PM

Feb 2017
The melody to the song that Colette sang sounded like a scuffed version of Ode to Joy, lol.

Jul 17, 2020 8:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, man, that ending scenes and song, really incredible and matched the feeling of Collete suffering. Yeah, the process of being an angel made Collette felt nothing and now began emotionless with mute condition in the end. The sufferred pain of Collete made Lloyd naives feeling broke and began actively realised the reality his beloved condition. Its good progressed knowing how much this rushed episode happening in every time. I guessed, its still an okay development over their storyline till now. Lets see the other sequences....

About Lloyd back story, and its relations with Desians project, Kratos relations, Exsphere true natures, and some other hidden meaning, they were still cancelled to be revealed on explanations until the other sceneries, i believed. About the assassin fateful encounters, the beautiful Sheena joined the party, the rescue side quests, and the demolishion of Desians partly base, its good to wasting the time on this episode. Atleast, Sheena finally openned up a bit with herself and gladly joining and saved Lloyd when needed. Still, her true intentions unknown till the end of the OVA. Could she began revealing herself, or not? Let see the last OVA, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

More topics from this board

» Bandai Namco EU has uploaded all of the Sylvarant Arc episodes to their youtube channel

Hannescha - Feb 8, 2023

0 by Hannescha »»
Feb 8, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Dec 30, 2007

53 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 10, 2021 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia Episode 2 Discussion

zanmato666 - Aug 14, 2007

21 by badabass »»
Jul 17, 2020 7:20 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia Episode 1 Discussion

zanmato666 - Jun 10, 2007

45 by badabass »»
Jul 17, 2020 6:25 AM

» I can't believe Colette is voiced by Mizuki Nana

KuroNekoAlchemy - Apr 14, 2020

0 by KuroNekoAlchemy »»
Apr 14, 2020 9:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.