Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 30, 2007 9:56 PM
Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow awesome. Glad this isn't really the final episode. Looking forward to the last four!
Dec 31, 2007 1:18 AM

Aug 2007
I wonder... is there any other information on when we'll see the next group of episodes? And would they count that as a separate series? *ponders*
Dec 31, 2007 1:41 AM

Feb 2007
Supposedly, it'll go into the Tethe'alla portion of the story.
Dec 31, 2007 5:16 AM

Oct 2007
Serg said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow awesome. Glad this isn't really the final episode. Looking forward to the last four!

last 4 ?...Isn't the show 4 episodes only.
Dec 31, 2007 8:54 AM
Jun 2007
From what I can tell, by 4 OVAs they meant 4 in the first part, 4 in the last part.

Dec 31, 2007 9:43 AM

Nov 2007
I really do hope there will be a Tethe'alla part of the OVA, I they shouldn't leave an anime hanging. Especially with the "End: Sylvarant, Begin: Tethe'alla" thing
Dec 31, 2007 12:51 PM
Jul 2007
Well someone from ep 3's discussion mentioned they extended it.
Dec 31, 2007 1:01 PM

Nov 2007
Ah, ic. Yeah I've been dying to see some summoning, axe-wielding and no-hands martial arts action, lol. xD
Dec 31, 2007 2:14 PM

Jun 2007
I'm glad to hear that this isn't the final episode. But it was expected anyway, it's not like they could push everything into this episode, and it would be stupid to stop right in the middle.

Judgment ftw, although I hope we'll get to see Indignation Jugdment in the Tethe'alla part.
Dec 31, 2007 7:46 PM
Jul 2007
its cool to have ToS as an animation but the story is really butchered and choppy... ah well, they had to shorten it a lot :P

i wonder when the last half comes out...
...we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...
Jan 1, 2008 8:53 AM
Jul 2007
Just to shed more light about more episodes.

"In one of the audio commentaries, one of the cast has stated the making of four more episodes for Tethe'alla. And it has been officially announced, considering the ending of Episode 4, where the words, "End Sylvarant" and "Begin Tethe'alla" are written."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Symphonia:_The_Animation
Jan 1, 2008 6:05 PM

Jun 2007
Wow that was pretty damn good and that ending theme always gets me. Anyone know the name of that song and who its by?

That end was a nice twist for someone that hasn't played the game yet. I'm guessing from the looks of things, both worlds need the girl and whichever one has her survives right or at least something along those lines? Everyone in this new world looks evil so I'm guessing this was a bad idea bringing her there.

Anyway cant wait till the next 4 eps come out.
Jan 1, 2008 8:03 PM

Apr 2007
The ending theme is Negai by Kaori Hikita.

I'm glad they made a Anime for it, I love the game so much. And yeah there's going to be 4 other episodes, as it was already mentioned.

I wish they made it longer though, they took out alot of things from in the game, it would have been nice to see them go to all the seals and fight, and more fight scenes too. But I really liked it anyway.

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Jan 1, 2008 10:14 PM

Jun 2007
mysticdreamer said:
The ending theme is Negai by Kaori Hikita.

I'm glad they made a Anime for it, I love the game so much. And yeah there's going to be 4 other episodes, as it was already mentioned.

I wish they made it longer though, they took out alot of things from in the game, it would have been nice to see them go to all the seals and fight, and more fight scenes too. But I really liked it anyway.

I was looking for the ending of the 4th ova. Which is a different song.
Jan 1, 2008 10:45 PM
Jul 2007
DeathfireD said:

"ALMATERIA" by Eri Kawai

Heh. This was right under our noses. I knew I heard it before but the rest of the eps after the first one didn't have the opening theme or animation.
Jan 1, 2008 11:12 PM

Jun 2007
Serg said:
DeathfireD said:

"ALMATERIA" by Eri Kawai

Heh. This was right under our noses. I knew I heard it before but the rest of the eps after the first one didn't have the opening theme or animation.

thanks! thats definitely it. Man watching all these fan made videos on youtube makes me want to see the new 4 eps so bad!
Jan 2, 2008 7:02 PM

Jun 2007
I'm pretty happy with the way they handled this part of the storyline. I was afraid it was going to be like the other Tales of series. (aka not so good) But up till now they did pretty good! Loved the music and animation so far ^^ And that part with Sheena shutting Genis up was hilarious. And YAY! we got a preview of Zelos, Presea and Regal

MORE AXE WIELDING LOLI IS DEMANDED!
Jan 2, 2008 9:06 PM
Jul 2007
DeathfireD said:
Everyone in this new world looks evil so I'm guessing this was a bad idea bringing her there.

i have to say, i lol'ed...
...we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...
Jan 2, 2008 9:41 PM

Jun 2007
Zelos said:
DeathfireD said:
Everyone in this new world looks evil so I'm guessing this was a bad idea bringing her there.

i have to say, i lol'ed...

lol'ed at my comment? haha I've never played the game so all I can go by is the characters facial expressions. I think its pretty obvious though that the little girl with the axe and the two other "fighters" will probably team up with Lloyd and crew. But as for everyone else that we saw....they all seem pretty evil to me lol. Am I close or way off?
Jan 3, 2008 2:54 AM
Jun 2007
Presea, the hot loli girl with the huge axe and pink hair is a good person. Joins party in game.

Zelos, well half and half, he was probably my favorite character in the game for that reason though, he's the guy with long red hair. Joins party in game.
Edit: They mention this right off the bat so its not spoilers, but Zelos is the Tethe-alla counterpart to Sylvarant's Collette--almost.

Regal, the blue haired guy. I can't say anything about him cause his story had a lot of twists, but I found it boring. Joins party in game.

Yggdrasil, the blonde metrosexual guy. Antagonist.

And of course Sheena which you know about, they're obviously going the Colette route in this, so I'll mention that her relationship scenes with Lloyd in the game were probably the most romantic of all the characters.

Those are the main players in the story.

Jan 6, 2008 2:07 PM
Jun 2007
I'm glad there still will be 4 more extra episodes. I only had the game for a short period of time and thus never ended it (and never knew the ending of the story. I finished the first disc) Too bad it's 'just' an OVA, not a complete anime of... 50 episodes or something like that? It would have been perfect for that ;)
Jan 8, 2008 12:29 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, this last episode was really amazing and I'm glad they are going to make a sequal OVA to cover the 2nd part of the story.

I can't wait.
Jan 13, 2008 4:40 PM

Oct 2007
>_< omg awesome ova. Downside is they only covered maybe 1/3rd of the game. >_< I hope they make more then 4 ovas in the next part. Sorry but 4 really isnt enough to cover all the events that happen next. really it isnt.

Jan 13, 2008 8:43 PM

Jan 2008
Episodes 5-8

In the audio commentary of the third OVA, a member of the cast stated that four more episodes for Tethe'alla are currently in production. This claim is supported by the ending of Episode 4, where the words "End Sylvarant" and "Begin Tethe'alla" are present.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Symphonia:_The_Animation

Does anyone has a clue of when would the other four new episodes be released?
Jan 22, 2008 9:43 PM

Dec 2007
It was alright, I think it could've used more episodes to begin with even before extending it to cover Tethe'alla, a lot was left out from the video game.

#NBHNC
Jan 27, 2008 2:35 PM

Oct 2007
Better then last episode, but I've said before and I'll say it again. Instead of having 2 parts, each consisting of 4, 32 minute OVAs, they should have made it into, at the very least, 2 parts, each conisting of 12, 23 minute episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2008 9:55 AM

Oct 2007
Agree with Metroid_Ex entirely. They should've made it a full-length anime rather than an OVA.
You can find me on IRC.
Feb 5, 2008 11:23 AM

Aug 2007
Agree, an full-length anime would suit better... I started and finished it today and I think it's pretty good, but it's just so sad that we'll have to wait to know how it's going to continue (if you didn't play the game in my case). Okay, I already know how it's going to end, but still. I want more! xD Four episodes isn't enough to explore a new world O_o

Anyway, very sad for Colette, turning into... well, some kind of heartless person. I already expected that Kratos had a 'dark' side, but not really like this xD The other side about him only appears later, but it was already clear for me after watching episode 3...

Okay, let's hope the continuation will be an full-length anime! :D
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 29, 2008 5:43 AM

Apr 2007
For it being abridged, I think it's a fine adaptation. Sure 12 episodes sounds like a good length but for the Slyvarant portion of the game it'd drag on for far too long IMO, since the real bulk of the plot happens right at the end of that section (as episode 4 shows) and goes head on into Tethe'alla. I'm pretty sure though everyone would like to see all the seals and whatnot extended in length, but all you really need to understand what's going on is the result of opening the seal and the conversation with Remiel, which is given each time.

8-12 would be much more appropriate for the second half though, since the plot detail and progression is much more important in that half as the first is more or less an introduction up to the Tower of Salvation, so it's a shame we'll probably only get 4 for that as well.
Apr 3, 2008 8:02 AM
Mar 2008
I hope they reproduce the scene with Lloyd and Colette in Flanoir thats in the game as well as a brief snippet in the intro anime.
Apr 8, 2008 6:12 AM
Apr 2008
also hope they will make a full length anime but then in the style of ..lets say.. ´´code geas´´ a 25 episode season to contineu and finish the story! with offcourse 1 special added at the end or in between to eps. =D

BUT.. 1 minor thing though.. it wil take longer to make and thus longer to air..=S

GODdammit ...i hope they air the next 4 soon!!!!!!!! LIKE,,NOW :P lolz,

its not like they havtn had enuf time, i mean it aired june last year, thats 10months ago..WTH are they waiting for :P!!!!

Apr 11, 2008 5:07 AM

May 2007
damn want 2 see more lol xD
VinYujiApr 11, 2008 7:50 AM
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Jun 9, 2008 3:48 PM

Oct 2007
Wow. I really want to play the game now. It seems like the first part of the OVA only covered around half the game. Can't wait to see the next 4! It just got really really interesting. Sheena is awesome. I would have never guessed she came from a seperate universe. And I was so shocked to find out Kratos was an angel!
Oct 13, 2008 8:38 PM

Sep 2008
UchihaItachi6660 said:
Mediocre... just like the game.

I agree with the first half of your post.

Animation was fantastic, story was completely butchered into pieces...
Nov 30, 2008 11:37 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, this episode was kind of surprising for someone who hasn't played the game. I'm actually looking forward to see more of this, now the characters in the new universe all had their screen time. Is it me, or do most of the man there look pretty feminine?

I also agree with most of you about the length. It should have been quite a bit longer. 13 episode would do and 26 if they'd also want to focus on opening the seals, more action and such. Although I obviously don't know how long it should take to cover the second half of this.
Jan 20, 2009 12:03 PM

Mar 2008
cant wait for the sequel!! looks like its getting interesting! i lOVE the beginning song
and whaooo influx in insane amounts of characters....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2009 6:14 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, I forgot how good ToS was. Could have definitely been made into a series, but so far I've been pretty impressed with the OVA version. At least they chose a good place to end this first set of OVAs. Now I can't wait for Tethe'alla Chapter to be released!
May 6, 2009 3:35 AM

May 2008
great Presea and Regal get a few seconds of screen time lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 12, 2010 9:11 PM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one who think it would have turned into a borefest if they had added more episodes?
The important plot points all were given in these four episodes.
Anything more would have been small side stories, or B plots.

These four episodes left hints for all the major plot points in the second half of the game, as well as gave all the major plot points of the first half.

That being said.
AHAHAHAHA. PRESEA AT THE END.
<33333
Jul 9, 2010 6:48 AM

Feb 2009
Fuk can't I discuss an episode without getting spoilers thrown at my face? I get you, you played the freaking game and are excited like a little kid, jeez.

Pretty good episode, I think this OVA got better in the second half, music and animation were fantastic, so I'm looking forward to watch the next part.
Sep 13, 2010 12:27 PM

Oct 2009
Nice episode, now to watch Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen ^^
Jun 23, 2011 3:30 AM

Jul 2007
This episode was ok. The first episode i tihnk they actually did the best lol. It is to bad they didn't really flesh out characters, 5 cardinals as much as the game did since they were pretty damn important. in any case, i was kind of satisfied with the outcome. They definitely introduce some of the games major plot twists in this episode such as Kratos being a member of the crucix and an angel that has been closely protecting collete so she can give her humanity and fuse with martel.

How ever am so dissapointed that they did not introduce Yggdrasil, the main antogonist of the story. In the game this was a MAJOR turning point when he arrived on scene, following the battle with martel and Kratos. That was one of my favorite moments in the whole story. All we get is a very short appearance of him sitting on a chair at the end. What were the writers thinking leaving something that important out?

This is what was originally supposed to happen in this part of the story line.

This is actually roughly over a quarter through the games story line. When i first played TOS, i actually though this was the ending lol. Boy was i so wrong.

I really loved the dialogue line that Zelos used at the end "now the real show is going to begin"

In away, he kind of set up the tension for the remainder of the story because the next part of the TOS story line does definitely have some of the most shocking plot twists. I can't wait to see how they are adapted in the 2nd ova.

These are definitely some of the more nostalgic moments in the games story line for me.

Well hopefully they do a little better job on the next ova then this one, considering it has more plot involvement, they might just be able to pull it off.

6/10
ArtimesGamerJun 23, 2011 1:24 PM

Jun 23, 2011 3:33 AM

Jul 2007
greenmush said:
great Presea and Regal get a few seconds of screen time lol

Well considering they are only introduced in the next part of the story, im surprised they were even included in this part of the ova. So that was kind of cool seeing them and zelos one of my favorite characters :p

Nov 11, 2011 3:31 PM

Aug 2011
New ToS coming out in 2 weeks!
Dec 14, 2012 6:40 PM

Jun 2011
this is shit. very weak plot
just watchin this for Ufotable
Nov 8, 2013 10:29 AM

Jul 2013
Even though I haven't played the game, I got to say the finale was good, despite the rushing episodes, characters were undeveloped and several scenes were left without an answer. On my positive view is that the animation, action scenes, and the ost were astounding so I enjoyed these 4 OVA episodes overall. Looking forward to the next part of the story.

Jan 1, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2011
Some of it felt kinda lackluster tbh but I feel sorry for Colette and all the hardships she had to endure. At last she got her voice back though.

Action was alright but for these OVAs, they felt pretty dull. 5/10.
May 20, 2014 10:02 AM

Jun 2012
A bit too angsty for my liking.
Aug 8, 2016 3:49 PM

Nov 2015
Again, so rushed is not even fun...

So... they are going to save C O L E T O after all...
May 5, 2018 10:59 AM

Jun 2011
I watched some of this anime when I was 9.

I loved it then but now that I had completed the game and am watching the last episode, I feel it's not quite as good as the game but still okay. It was interesting but rushed and they changed a lot of things. Could've had a little less crying. Lloyd did his ugly cry when Colette lost her soul.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Bandai Namco EU has uploaded all of the Sylvarant Arc episodes to their youtube channel

Hannescha - Feb 8, 2023

0 by Hannescha »»
Feb 8, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia Episode 3 Discussion

VK11 - Oct 31, 2007

22 by badabass »»
Jul 17, 2020 8:23 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia Episode 2 Discussion

zanmato666 - Aug 14, 2007

21 by badabass »»
Jul 17, 2020 7:20 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia Episode 1 Discussion

zanmato666 - Jun 10, 2007

45 by badabass »»
Jul 17, 2020 6:25 AM

» I can't believe Colette is voiced by Mizuki Nana

KuroNekoAlchemy - Apr 14, 2020

0 by KuroNekoAlchemy »»
Apr 14, 2020 9:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.