Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2007 8:41 PM

Aug 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well second OVA release was an ok episode. It was neat seeing all of the RPG references again throughout the episode, especially during the first boss fight when Kratos was announcing his strategy. Although I thought the boss battles were lack luster to say the least. The best fight was definitely Kratos versus Shihna although it was pretty short. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the last half of the story, since I've never played Tales of Symphonia before so I don't know how it's going to end :P.
Aug 15, 2007 1:42 AM
Jun 2007
I hope they go SheenaXLloyd. Collette is such a boring jobber character in the game. Sheena looks awesome animated btw.

Yea, Kratos vs Sheena fight was ****ing win. Except it was more like Godly asskicker Kratos vs n00b ninja Shihna

Aug 18, 2007 8:18 AM

May 2007
Well, its to be expected the the boss fights are going to be quite lackluster if they want to finish this up in 4 OVA episodes (which I still am finding hard to believe). I feel that they will make 4 episodes for the Sylvarant arc and then 4 for the Te'thealla arc. At least, they would be able to adequately tell the story that way. But who knows. I feel they are going to leave a A LOT of stuff, like the summons possibly and just concentrate on the angel transformation. I don't believe they will even go into the Desian back-story all that much either, which is really a shame because that was definitely an interesting and integral part of the game.

As for the episode, it was ok. I was glad they showed Sheena (Shihna) and a little bit of Zelos. Do you even think they will show Regal and Presea at this rate? I am also having my doubts on that. Oh well. Whatever. We'll just have to wait and see.
Oct 2, 2007 3:47 PM

Jun 2007
this ep was great purely because of Kratos' major ass-kicking
Nov 20, 2007 1:53 PM

Oct 2007
Kratos....breakin out the ownage. =)
Nov 25, 2007 2:10 AM

Oct 2007
I loved Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube AND I am a huge ufotable fan, so I was very excited for this OVA.

I thought the first episode was fantastic as it really captured everything it really had too, however, this second episode felt very rushed and didn't flow very well.

It wasn't terrible by any means since I love the characters and it had some awesome fights, but I do wonder how they are going to cram all the story into the last 2 remaining eps. Either it's going to be VERY rushed, or they are going to leave stuff out. I'd rather they leave stuff out than rush it so it has no flow.

We will see.
Dec 31, 2007 9:40 AM

Oct 2007
Should of made it into a 14 episode TV series instead of trying to cram everything into a 4 episode OVA.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2008 3:44 PM

Oct 2007
I really didnt like how they had the whole "music in background while scenes pass by" deal. I felt like they were just having a hugeee time skip just to get to an important battle. A lot of things are being left without answers and it's really annoying. First episode was much better, this episode was a huge difference to me. And I haven't played the game so I can't "fill myself in" with the details they leave out.
May 6, 2009 2:22 AM

May 2008
dam they should create a OVA for Tales of Symphonia Dawn to the New World too, i wanna see Emil and Marta T_T

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 6, 2010 4:42 AM

Feb 2009
Well the episode wasn't bad, but the direction could've been better. Also some pretty uninteresting characters in this story.
Sep 12, 2010 1:10 PM

Oct 2009
The boss battles were a bit rushed, Especially that second seal one. Kratos versus Shihna was cool though.
Jun 22, 2011 10:53 AM

Jul 2007
Whoa, talk about FAST!! Oh man i don't know if i can accept this really. I guess people that watch this ova, can kind of put together what is happening from a general point of view in the games story line, but man they leave out so many story scenerio's in this one episode. I am glad they at least shown some events in palmacosta. But yeah this episode was so fast, even if some one didn't play the game before you can easily tell the story is kind of flash forwarding it self.

There was 5 min alone of them journeying through various lands and reaching the seal with only back ground music playing. Well thats what you get when you try to create a retelling of a 70+ hr game story. Its just an impossible feat to pull off in these amount of episodes.

nerveless, guys i have to say for any of you who have not played the game. Do your self a favor and go buy it. Its one of the greatest tales games in the franchise, believe the fans, they are correct and it has one of the greatest storylines. This ova is far from the true experience.

Jun 22, 2011 11:01 AM
May 2011
link9us said:
Whoa, talk about FAST!! Oh man i don't know if i can accept this really. I guess people that watch this ova, can kind of put together what is happening from a general point of view in the games story line, but man they leave out so many story scenerio's in this one episode. I am glad they at least shown some events in palmacosta. But yeah this episode was so fast, even if some one didn't play the game before you can easily tell the story is kind of flash forwarding it self.

There was 5 min alone of them journeying through various lands and reaching the seal with only back ground music playing. Well thats what you get when you try to create a retelling of a 70+ hr game story. Its just an impossible feat to pull off in these amount of episodes.

nerveless, guys i have to say for any of you who have not played the game. Do your self a favor and go buy it. Its one of the greatest tales games in the franchise, believe the fans, they are correct and it has one of the greatest storylines. This ova is far from the true experience.
well they do pull it off honestly just keep watching, remember its not just these 6 episodes, theres also 4 more ones for tethella that are the legnth of 2 normal episodes and there is still 2 hour long episodes on the way, they are gonna wrap it up trust me, the second season does better than the actual game does
Aug 28, 2011 7:32 AM

May 2009
Bad ep. Needs more washtubs. I can't take Kratos fighting seriously when he just flips about in the air and kicks shit. Suzaku in CG does that with more style. But I got a couple laughs from this ep anyway.

Nov 6, 2011 9:03 AM

Aug 2011
Fast paced but I still love it! ^_^
Feb 13, 2012 9:42 PM
Jan 2012
Well the game was really long, so I have no idea how they expect to pull off everything in only 2 more episodes, this could be interesting. This episode was ok, Kratos and Sheena fight scene was pretty much the major highlight of it.
Feb 19, 2012 4:23 PM

Dec 2010
This anime definitely has it's good sides - nice-looking main female character and great soundtrack but the RPG elements are too annoying for me. Especially the battles... I feel like I'm playing Dragon Age(c'mon supports and heals? now that's lame!)... not like I don't like DA and other RPGs, but if you make anime you have to make it different from how it is in the game, otherwise it wont work and it will sound lame. I'm still gonna watch it to the end though.
Nov 7, 2013 11:41 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was so RUSHED and they already reached out two boss fights but were defeated quickly. I expect the fight to be longer but kind of disappointed. Pretty much a meh episode though.

Although Kratos was badass when vs Sheena, that scene was great.

Jan 1, 2014 4:17 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, episode felt rushed as hell. Well at least Sheena was awesome with her skills somewhat until she got outmatched.
Aug 7, 2016 3:05 PM

Nov 2015
This anime is so rushed is not even funny.
I really think this was made to understand only if you already played the game =/
May 7, 2020 6:36 AM

Feb 2017

"You're just crying out because you're unable to endure your own pain."

Jul 17, 2020 7:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
These second OVA had a lot of battle advanced by destroying some of the seal. Its somehow got a fast pace and transition between some arcs to kept in touched with the main quest. Lloyd met again with Collette was being accelerated. Its same with their journey to the ruined that seal had been placed. Not much happening with the battle sequences. It seems too easy for the team to banished the last boss, conquered the seal, and gave Collette a sign of angel. I was kinda dissapointed. But, well, atleast the story progressed much by seeing the interaction between some character, giving Refill Sage some characterization with her maniac side in the ruined, serious behaviour to Kratos, and yeah, a cliche characterization and so typical for MC that Lloyd had and Collete, still became a massive burden. I might be marked the ability of angel form by Collete, that somehow useful. However, she couldn't do it properly with her weak power. I think, he need to opened up more seal, then.

Yeah, a villain couldn't be just a static boss with easy battling. Its a Desian pursuer that somehow abled to reached the teams. Fortunately, they were all saved by the assassin from another world. Its weird, her previous attempt failed without any explanations. And now she saved them without even need to gave a nice justification with what she had done after that. Now, everything gonna be intrigueing with her appearance. Should she befriended with them? Could the storyline gave more explanations about her? Otherwise, Kratos seems too powerful for her, and might hide some more power. Lets see how far that goes, and how much seal they conquered in the next OVA....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

More topics from this board

» Bandai Namco EU has uploaded all of the Sylvarant Arc episodes to their youtube channel

Hannescha - Feb 8, 2023

0 by Hannescha »»
Feb 8, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Dec 30, 2007

53 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 10, 2021 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia Episode 3 Discussion

VK11 - Oct 31, 2007

22 by badabass »»
Jul 17, 2020 8:23 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia Episode 1 Discussion

zanmato666 - Jun 10, 2007

45 by badabass »»
Jul 17, 2020 6:25 AM

» I can't believe Colette is voiced by Mizuki Nana

KuroNekoAlchemy - Apr 14, 2020

0 by KuroNekoAlchemy »»
Apr 14, 2020 9:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.