Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2010 3:05 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
nice ep. A lot of moments stood out, and there were some really funny dialogues. Some foreshadowing here and there. Just couldnt help but feel the heartwrench when yang was talking about his retirement life. And those guys in the party are so wrong about his life being finished with the double promotion :P Scenes with Czellnu and Jean were very well handled. That scene with jean telling Yang how he'd be waiting for Yangs next promotion ten years from now was kinda sad, or at least it is for those who've seen Overture to the new war

Still waiting for Attenborough.
eyerokMay 9, 2011 1:32 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Nov 24, 2010 4:15 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode. It was interesting to see how everyone seems to take advantage of Yang's role as a "hero" and, in his typical fashion, Yang is very much aware of that. Slow me didn't realize that was Lap until the scene at the end. So, I had to face palm myself.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 1, 2011 6:30 PM
Jul 2010
When that random political dude was promoting Yang, he made a comparison between Arle Heinessen and Yang's quality of life. This is something Yang himself might say if he wanted to display how seemingly oppressive systems can protect individuals, even if they don't realize it. Come to think of it Cazellnu pretty much said the same thing when he outline "retirement."

I enjoyed how adamant Yang is about being cynical. Reminds me of his rise during the first season.
Feb 11, 2012 6:01 PM

May 2009
"I've never been inconvenienced by too much time off."
Oh, Yang, you're my hero.

I got all teary-eyed as Yang wonders if he'll be one of those old people complaining about the young. ;__;

Also, 'This Week's Nice Guy' lmfao. XD
Jun 11, 2012 9:02 PM

Feb 2012
Julian's father! I like that they concealed his face for that short appearance, and I wonder if we're going to see his death firsthand.
Oct 11, 2013 9:56 PM

Nov 2009
For some reason I thought that Julian's father and/or mother had died a few years prior, I didn't think that him moving in with Yang happened shortly after their death, although maybe that was stated to be the case in the main series . . .
Dec 14, 2014 12:59 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting development, let's see what happens next!
Apr 15, 2015 11:35 PM

Feb 2010
That narrator sounds too much like a lecture to me, but I enjoy things being explained and laid out and illustrated, which otherwise might have been left to guessing. Also a bit of a humor. And the plot is curious and meaningful. I liked that the hero here comes from a genuine interest in History, and a thinker, rather than action hero, but capable at taking action too.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Apr 20, 2016 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
Yang looking way too young is bothering more so than the new voice. =D
Aug 19, 2016 1:42 AM

Dec 2015
I got used to the new voice. I like that he is looking younger. Liked to see a bit of Sitolet - he is cool. And interesting ... seems they are going to put in a bit more of the alliance background story about Ashbey in the next episodes instead of faster progressing youngs carreer.
Aug 31, 2019 4:18 AM

May 2016
What I like about Yang is how he starts to get liked by his fans slowly but surely.
we got also some info on Cazelnou.
Apr 1, 2020 8:39 AM

Feb 2017

Bruce Ashbey was murdered in scheme

Aug 28, 2023 4:33 PM

Dec 2007
i felt the pace was really off. but then again, it helped me think about yang as a whole.

a letter contains "bruce ashbey had been murdered" had been sent for the same day every week, and the army taking it seriously?
well, i would just have to believe the narrator promise it would lead yang to interesting places. lol
Oct 2, 2023 10:42 AM

May 2015
Cazellnu: You don't sound very excited.

Yang: That's because I'm actually not excited.

Cazellnu: But if you succeed you might get a job in the War History Research.

Yang: Do you really think so?

Cazellnu: No, I just said it to tempt you.

---

Lmao, loved these blunt dialogues.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth Episode 28 Discussion

ChaosLegion - Oct 31, 2010

21 by Unkrowned »»
May 1, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth Episode 27 Discussion

eyerok - Nov 4, 2010

16 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 20, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth Episode 20 Discussion

eyerok - Sep 29, 2010

20 by Ten »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:21 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth Episode 1 Discussion

Ralonzo - Aug 8, 2008

30 by Ten »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth Episode 25 Discussion

eyerok - Nov 4, 2010

16 by TrevRockOne »»
Sep 13, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.