Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2010 4:36 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gunpowder pistol duel, huh? hehe...
Lutz dropping in randomly and giving Reinhard some pro-tips was a major wtf moment.
And the assasin looks really evil :P
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Sep 30, 2010 3:09 AM

Jan 2009
I just realized that u are only 1 day ahead of me :D

Pretty boring arc imo. Nothing really happens.
Sep 30, 2010 5:29 AM

Sep 2008
yea, this arc is pretty boring. Its not bad though.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Oct 16, 2010 9:53 PM

Jan 2009
Call me strange, but I honestly enjoyed this arc quite a bit, maybe because it gives us some more insight into the aristocratic customs of the Empire.

Nov 26, 2010 8:34 AM

Sep 2008
Gunther_ said:
Call me strange, but I honestly enjoyed this arc quite a bit, maybe because it gives us some more insight into the aristocratic customs of the Empire.

True. And that makes me hate the aristocrats even more. I mean, such MORONIC customs...Jeez! Come to think of it, every arc in SL really does add something to the LOTGH universe.
With this arc, I just dont like the plot. Its so boring and predictable.
Jun 7, 2011 5:44 PM
Jul 2010
Lutz came out of nowhere. I can't imagine why he's so pro with that gunpowder handgun. Maybe he had a brief stint as a duelist?

I hate that Benemunde. Everything she says comes out as "hohohofufufu I iz teh BADGUY lady!"
Oct 1, 2011 11:12 AM

Jun 2009
Gunther_ said:

I second this. I'm really enjoying this, and it's pretty cool to get some incite into the Empire's customs.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 19, 2012 7:30 AM

May 2009
Oh, I wasn't even aware until now that a pistol duel existed - and in that format too. Maybe I just like my men wielding swords, but the pistol duel looks silly, tbh.

I love all these cameos. Not Benemunde's, though. I don't know why she has to keep reappearing.
Oct 15, 2013 8:04 AM

Nov 2009
Athena said:
Oh, I wasn't even aware until now that a pistol duel existed - and in that format too. Maybe I just like my men wielding swords, but the pistol duel looks silly, tbh.
0_o . . . You have seriously never seen 10 paces then shoot? That is like . . . Well, Pistols have been the norm in duels since the 1700's . . .

Anyways, I wonder if Reinhard is going to have to kill this guy, or maybe they will set him up to look like he was killed by Reinhard should he fail . . . Although faking a bullet wound from a pistol like that would be kind of hard from in the crowd (given the loud ass sound and inaccuracy)
Dec 20, 2014 3:32 PM

May 2012
Average development, let's see what happens next!
Feb 24, 2015 1:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Cornelius Lutz making an appearance was totally random. Loving these little cameos from all of Reinhardt's future admirals spread out throughout the side stories.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 11, 2015 4:14 PM

Feb 2012
At first I thought the Assassin was going to frame Reinhard for murder, but now he instead took the place of the would be duelist, that is even more low.

A lot of people hate Reinhard's sister.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 9, 2016 4:00 AM

Feb 2013
Stupid aristocrats and their lame tricks to get more fame or money.
I was sure that was an assassin the moment I saw him, let's see if he can hit Reinhard.
Oct 2, 2016 1:14 AM

Jun 2016
OVA spoiler:
Dec 15, 2016 9:47 PM

Jul 2015
wew lad I didn't think I'd get some proper Onegin or Pechorin duels in anime
Sep 2, 2019 6:45 AM

May 2016
Now now we get to see Lutz meeting Reinhard and Sieg for first time, a great teacher and respectable man.
Apr 9, 2020 5:00 PM

Feb 2017
The pistol blast sound was a bit out of place. It sounded very fake.

Aug 6, 2020 7:06 AM

Oct 2018
Im so glad I continued watching this side story, I have to admit the first half was boring at times, but when Reinhard and Kircheis appeared it started getting interesting very quickly.

The story-line of Reinhard and Kircheis is just awesome!
Mila91Aug 6, 2020 3:22 PM

Mar 2, 2021 6:30 AM

Aug 2015
Oh, so Reinhard first met Lutz here, he's nice teacher

The rules of these duels are a little vague, they can't aim at the chest but no one wears protective equipments? Anyone can cheat easily lol

The new duelist is pretty cool
Feb 9, 2023 8:18 AM

Aug 2018
The duel traditions and backstory behind the past history are really intresting , that assasin truly is a mysterious figure so far.

So thats how Lutz was met first time by Reinhard, guess hes a very talented sharpshooter just like Kircheis
Nov 23, 2023 1:21 PM

May 2015
The way those aristocrats talked about Kaiser's succession rubbed me the wrong way. It's all that matters to them, achieving position through consorting and giving birth to the esteemed linage without lifting a finger to actually do something to deserve said esteem. All throughout the little girl with a pony was shown while they talked about her as if she herself is worth no more than a livestock. Disgusting.

Was nice to see Lutz, and of course Reinhard will remember his name.

A suspicious dark figure appears, hmm, hmm, what a good idea to hire him right after the previous dualist was shot!....

Anyway, so far these stories focused on Reinhard and Kircheis are much more interesting than Spiral Labyrinth.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth Episode 27 Discussion

eyerok - Nov 4, 2010

15 by Ten »»
Nov 23, 2023 6:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth Episode 2 Discussion

eyerok - Aug 12, 2010

13 by Ten »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth Episode 1 Discussion

Ralonzo - Aug 8, 2008

30 by Ten »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth Episode 25 Discussion

eyerok - Nov 4, 2010

16 by TrevRockOne »»
Sep 13, 2023 11:14 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth Episode 6 Discussion

eyerok - Aug 19, 2010

13 by User-Name »»
Aug 29, 2023 4:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.