Forum Settings
Forums
New
Yesterday, 12:49 PM

Apr 2020
Bruh have I been interpreting the favorites section wrong this whole time?? Is it least to most favorite from left to right or right to left?
Cuz i've been doing right(least) to left(most).

Ive seen a lot of people put their most favorite of their favorites in the far right. Does anybody else do it this way?

this is such a non problem but it would be funny if i saw it the wrong way this whole time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
Since when there's an order for most favorite...
Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Scavendgarr
Since when there's an order for most favorite...
@Scavendgarr

i assume anything that forces you to be linear is supposed to be ordered. i dont assume everyone thinks this way tho
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@Scavendgarr

i assume anything that forces you to be linear is supposed to be ordered. i dont assume everyone thinks this way tho
@Kenzolo-folk i see. In that case, it's left to right IMO, because you would like for people to see your most favorite first then slowly scrolling it to see the rest.
Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Jun 2024
It’s left to right.

Right to left feels wrong.
Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Jul 2021
By default the first one added is on the right and I'd presume nobody cares to change the order manually.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Yesterday, 1:00 PM

Jun 2019
Some people have them displayed randomly with no hierarchical considerations or numbered placement associated with them (like they just haven't ranked their Top 10 or 20 at all and just know those anime are a part of it, in any order), but I place it in left-right order from most to least favorite of the favorites. With the first one on the left being my #1 and the last one all the way to the right being my #20. That's because I interpret the left-right arrangement as an analogue or stand-in for top-down ordering (and top-down also used to be the case for the favorites display on here).

Lists are generally read left to right and top to bottom. In my case, this is all only applicable to the anime I have occupying those slots, as I have some characters and people selected, but those aren't in strict ranked order.

It should be right to left if you're an Arabic, Farsi, or Hebrew speaker...
WatchTillTandavaYesterday, 1:04 PM
Yesterday, 1:04 PM

Sep 2016
I ordered them according to release date.
Yesterday, 1:12 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Zarutaku
I ordered them according to release date.
@Zarutaku

what in the actual living fuck
Yesterday, 1:20 PM

Apr 2021
I just put everything randomly. It's very hard to make an order.
Yesterday, 1:27 PM

Sep 2018
In the "edit favorites" section and in the MAL app, favorites are listed in a column. The top of the column corresponds to the far left of the row, so far left = most favorite.
Yesterday, 1:27 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@Zarutaku

what in the actual living fuck
@Kenzolo-folk Not sure why that's surprising, chronological order is used in many list structures and it makes more sense than having a random order.
ZarutakuYesterday, 2:31 PM
Yesterday, 1:30 PM

Sep 2019
Honestly who cares? Never mind this is mal someone out there probably does.
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Zayvex
Honestly who cares? Never mind this is mal someone out there probably does.
@Zayvex

like i said its a non issue lmao
Yesterday, 1:51 PM

Jun 2017
Left most is my #1 but the rest are kind of just randomly in the order i added them
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Yesterday, 1:52 PM

Nov 2020
What? Who does that? There's not even an option that lets you arrange it xD
Yesterday, 1:52 PM

Jun 2019
JaniSIr said:
By default the first one added is on the right and I'd presume nobody cares to change the order manually.

I definitely cared and ensured for precisely that reason, to guarantee complete accuracy and fidelity, that I added them directly inverse to or like a backward version of the ranked hierarchical ordering I normally have them in which is their true ordering. All that need be remembered is to reverse the order when adding them in so that they will display in the true and most accurate fashion (if one subscribes to the left-right ordering model).

Of course, if you want to add or remove and replace a title at any point you will also need to keep this in mind when editing your list and that may create extra work, but that is a small price to pay for accuracy and the peace of mind of a faithful display.
Yesterday, 1:56 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Ba-Cii10
What? Who does that? There's not even an option that lets you arrange it xD
@Ba-Cii10

u can if you hold onto the titles in the edit and move it up and down
Kenzolo-folkYesterday, 2:04 PM
Yesterday, 2:05 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to WatchTillTandava
JaniSIr said:

I definitely cared and ensured for precisely that reason, to guarantee complete accuracy and fidelity, that I added them directly inverse to or like a backward version of the ranked hierarchical ordering I normally have them in which is their true ordering. All that need be remembered is to reverse the order when adding them in so that they will display in the true and most accurate fashion (if one subscribes to the left-right ordering model).

Of course, if you want to add or remove and replace a title at any point you will also need to keep this in mind when editing your list and that may create extra work, but that is a small price to pay for accuracy and the peace of mind of a faithful display.
@WatchTillTandava You can also just change the order manually.
But like Violet Evergarden is on the right, so I don't care beyond that...
Yesterday, 2:06 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to JustMaya
It’s left to right.

Right to left feels wrong.
@JustMaya, unless you're not Arab, Israeli, Persian etc.
Yesterday, 2:26 PM

Jan 2009
You don't sort them from left to right or from right to left, but rather from top to bottom in the settings:

It just gets displayed from left to right, because MAL is an US-American website and in the west, it's left to right. Curiously though, they keep the Japanese order for names, but it's likely more intuitive for the western users to have the most liked characters or shows or whatever start from left
Yesterday, 2:38 PM

Jan 2021
I organize my favorites from left (most) to right (least), aside from the characters and company section, where it's just random.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Feb 2011
I have only one favorite, so I don't face such an issue.
Yesterday, 3:59 PM

Jul 2024
There is no oder to rearrange your favorites on Mal, on other sites you can rearrange..
Yesterday, 4:01 PM

May 2023
I have no favorites so I dun face that issue either..

Luchi shutdown /s
Yesterday, 4:41 PM

Apr 2022
left to right. i don't use an order for my characters list though, apart from the first 3.
Yesterday, 5:05 PM

Apr 2018
I don't care much for ranking stuff and I love my favorites in different ways from one another; so i didn't bother to make my faves list follow any particular order, lol.
11 hours ago

Feb 2016
The slots are not numbered. Therefore, the order has no significance.
その目だれの目?
7 hours ago

May 2024
People put their favorites in a specific order? I just put them randomly.

Besides, everyone probably has a different way of arranging their favorites so how would a random know what order they've been put in if there's no numerical indication?
7 hours ago

Mar 2023
Left to right (1 to 10), if you go update order, the left most are at the top: https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=favorites
watsym7 hours ago
3 hours ago
Mar 2024
Reply to RainyEvenings
There is no oder to rearrange your favorites on Mal, on other sites you can rearrange..
@RainyEvenings https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=favorites
You can drag the entries and click 'Update Order' to save the change
2 hours ago

Jan 2021
I just put them in from top to bottom and assumed top was '1' and bottom was '10'
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]

More topics from this board

» Why is everything teenagers when it doesn’t need to be?

Krystopher - 1 hour ago

12 by WatchTillTandava »»
11 seconds ago

» Exhibitionistic character designs

IpreferEcchi - 5 hours ago

18 by KitsuFrost »»
1 minute ago

» Is Nana the best Romance anime with adult woman?

Krystopher - 12 hours ago

28 by Orimiya1 »»
12 minutes ago

» RIP Tanaka Atsuko

Zane_0 - Yesterday

21 by Spfere »»
34 minutes ago

» Female villians ( 1 2 )

Kenzolo-folk - Aug 17

62 by deg »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.