Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime is most decadent after a good start?

New
Jun 20, 8:37 AM

Oct 2016
Some animes have a very good start and over the next seasons they get worse and worse, which one disappointed you the most?
Jun 20, 8:38 AM

Feb 2020
From that list:

Dr. Stone
Psycho-Pass
Yami Shibai

----------

Also:

Death Note (I mean, the second half)
Kemono Friends
Tanoshii Muumin Ikka

SerafosJun 20, 8:45 AM
Jun 20, 8:44 AM

Feb 2024
I am shocked there are no Oshi no Ko or Frieren options on the poll.
Jun 20, 8:51 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to JoeChip
@JoeChip Why would there be? Those are perfect anime. Why isnt this guy banned yet? He is literally like a bot hate posting on evry Frieren and Oshi no Ko thread.
Jun 20, 8:52 AM

Jan 2009
psycho-pass it got boring after the first movie
Jun 20, 8:55 AM

Mar 2023
Most of these were never good to begin with.
Jun 20, 8:58 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to phantom346
@JoeChip Why would there be? Those are perfect anime. Why isnt this guy banned yet? He is literally like a bot hate posting on evry Frieren and Oshi no Ko thread.
@phantom346

Delusional Frieren and Oshi no Ko fan detected. Show when have I posted on the Oshi no Ko and Frieren threads.
Jun 20, 9:00 AM

Feb 2023
Dragon Ball. Very good in the original series, but Dragon Ball Z is quite bad.
Jun 20, 9:01 AM

Dec 2021
From that list, I'd have to pick from the one's I've watched, which thankfully is- none of them
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jun 20, 9:10 AM

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/227/FLCL

prime example
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 20, 9:22 AM

Jun 2020
Why is 7 deadly sins here? It sucked from the very start.

Oshi no Ko, again and again.
Jun 20, 9:50 AM

Oct 2019
Since the promised neverland has ONLY ONE season and they NEVER made a second one, Idk why it would be here.

Tokyo ghoul is already a dead horse, and also given how the show was never TOP TIER the drop isn't as big.

People saying my hero fell off, are all crazy, either your taste changed, or you got tired of it. S6 is by far the best season, and movie 3 is by far the best movie. S7 has been absolutely better than s1 as well.

So I'm actually going to go for something else.

To your eternity:

A show that started as an 11/10 with of the strongest pilots in all of anime, and then it got less good, and less good and less good, until the island arc which was half of s1 and sucked ass.....

Now I haven't seen s2, and admittedly the last ep of s1 was actually really fucking good. but still.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 20, 9:52 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to JoeChip
@JoeChip Oshi no ko, I get,

But I haven't seen a single person saying frieren fell off. Some people disliked the exam arc, but that's a "I didn't like this arc" thing, not a "the show turned into shit" thing.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 20, 9:53 AM

Dec 2018
Pokemon XY and XYZ, Naruto Shippuden.

Jun 20, 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
Naruto Shippuden 4th Ninja War should be remade in a coherent non filler fashion and on a heavy 'memories of the past' diet.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

OMFG THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE wOOt!! F YEAH LET'S F GOOOOOO!!!
Jun 20, 10:08 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to JoeChip
@JoeChip

the source material isn't finished for them to the best of my knowledge so it's not really fair to judge where their adaptations end at the moment
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jun 20, 10:09 AM

Dec 2022
Ghost in the Shell. Wasn't much impressed with anything after the original movie and the first season of SAC, even if the series had few truly "bad" entries.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 20, 10:10 AM

Mar 2024
Psychopass season one was so good, I'm comfortable thinking of it as a stand alone series.
Darker than Black season 2 is a dumpster fire
Jun 20, 10:13 AM

Oct 2013
I have varying thoughts on several of those in this context. I guess I'll go in order of the poll.

MHA: I get why people would say it's not as good, I really do. And much like other shows with a larger cast, I hate how some characters get placed on the back burner and don't get much growth. But I still enjoy the fight scenes, so its still very much watchable to me. I havent seen the newest season yet though, because I'm slow.

Michael Jacksons Neverland Ranch: This is literally the one series where I plan to never watch the sequel because of all the shit it got. That shows just how much I expected after the first season, and I'm bummed about that.

Tokyo Ghoul AKA the I'd let these characters eat me because they're kinda hot show: I know nothing of the source material, yet I mostly agree with the backlash

Nanatsu no Taizai: I'm not mad, just disappointed

Tokyo Revengers: Time travel is inherently messy, especially if you take forever to properly explain it. Introducing characters that I'm pretty sure were never mentioned before is also messy. This series is consistent in it's dumb messiness though, so I can't hate it.

SAO or example 1,564,567 of basic bitch getting all the chicks: Say what you want, but I think it also stayed consistently dumb up til the last season where it just cranked up that stupid dial.

Bahamut: Why did that second season have to exist? Why did it have to have one of the worst romantic pairings ever? Why was the best part of it when the girl shows up naked in the opening? Why did afro man not get more screen time?

Ao no Exorcist: It's still weird seeing them ignore the anime original ending from the first season while seeming to follow a different yet similar path with Yukio.

B: The thing I forget existed: nuff said.

Dr Stone Hard : It's gotten increasingly more ridiculous, and I still don't know if I love it or not

Fairy (I want some of that) Tail: I hated the the artstyle and animation change later on. The time travel bit was dumb. Aside from that, this was also consistently stupid, so no further notes.

For my others:

Darker Than Black
Gundam 00 (fuck that movie)
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (fuck that ending)
Code Geass (fuck Rolo)

That's the end of this long ass rant...If there's spelling errors, I don't care this time.
Jun 20, 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
Yu-Gi-Oh GX (English dub). I tend to consider the Japanese and English versions of the Yu-Gi-Oh franchsie separate since there's lots of lore changes and major tonal differences and GX's dub suffers majorly because of this at the end. Yubel's romantic attraction to Jaden is completely removed and their gender identity was changed from being agender to being female all because they didn't want to imply in the slightest that a queer character who was also a villain had a romantic connection with the main character. This actively hurt the arc's emotional stakes as that personal element was severely weakened, and it doesn't help either that 4Kids' mandatory censorship of death hurt the story by characters being "sent to the stars" which doesn't even sound as cool as being sent to the "shadow realm" so it was very forgettable for most people. The only character whose death is left intact to my memory is
since his death was due to
instead of anything magic related. Things kind of get worse when you realize that the dub ends at episode 155 which is in Season 3 instead of going all the way to episode 180 which is in Season 4. This leads to the dub's ending implying that many characters who died and later came back in Season 4 just stayed "in the stars" and that Jaden is stuck in another dimension. Meanwhile when you look at the episodes that the dub never ended up doing, we see many character arcs wrapped up, the famous Jaden vs Yugi duel, and the plot points from Season 3 pay off. You actively get none of this in the dub as it's just an incomplete product making its ending rather disappointing and I wonder how kids watching the dub felt when it was airing in real time, especially if they did not have access to the internet to know that there was more plot in the original Japanese version
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jun 20, 11:58 AM

Jul 2023
Looking at my scores for the five seasons of the first Sailor Moon anime shows that I seem to like the earlier seasons more than the later seasons.

• Sailor Moon - 9
  • Sailor Moon R - 9
  • Sailor Moon S - 8
  • Sailor Moon SuperS - 6
  • Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars - 7
I am using the best palette swap.
Jun 20, 1:08 PM

Aug 2020
I didn't expect Psycho-Pass to get so many votes because I didn't think that many people had even seen it in the first place, but man, it feels good to know the sentiment is shared. I still prefer to pretend there was no second season x)

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9171 by Baserleak »»
45 seconds ago

» Why is Isekai Anime So Mainstream

district_marvel - 7 hours ago

20 by adbeaver »»
8 minutes ago

» Anyone can tell me what are key differences between Shonen and Seinen shows?

ZeroMajor12 - 8 hours ago

15 by Theo1899 »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Have you ever felt disappointed by a series thinking it was tagged incorrectly?

rohan121 - Apr 7

38 by LoveYourSmile »»
18 minutes ago

» Songs you know, from Anime you don't

JaaShooUhh - 6 hours ago

7 by ZeroMajor12 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.