Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like Mino has feeling for Shouta after all the question is how much.
the beach part was funny but it's a shame is was in grandpa mode.
It was also nice to see a bit more of Mino and Shouta they seem like a nice couple if the ever become a couple that is.
May 19, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
It's time for the traditional hot springs episode.

The group, including Shouzou, Ine and the others, arrives in Atami and stays at a splendid hot spring inn. Originally, they planned to sleep separately by gender, but Mino wants to give Shouzou and Ine, on their honeymoon, some privacy. As a result, Mino and Shouta end up sharing the same room.

Lmao, these guys' reactions to the room are priceless. Shouta over here living his best life... no reason for them to have switched though, as Shouzou ended up falling asleep immediately, xD. Anyway, it's good to see Mino and Shouta's relationship developing. I would’ve thought they’d only focus on the main couple, but look at that.

A sweet little trip, and each couple got their progression, which is nice.

May 19, 8:21 AM

Feb 2021
三々九度 (sansankudo lit. "Three three nine times") - An integral part of a Shinto wedding ceremony involving drinking sake. The physical act involves three cups, one small, one medium and one larger. The sake is poured from a special vessel that looks like a teapot. Each cup is poured in three increments. The groom sips three times from the small cup first, the bride follows. The bride then sips from the medium cup three times and the groom follows. Finally the groom sips from the larger cup three times, followed by the bride. Sometimes the parents of the couple also sip from the cups. This increases the three symbolism with three couples.
Lmao they are shipping those two so hard.

Scene after credits!
We got a lot of Mina x Shota moments this episode, nice.
May 19, 8:43 AM
Sep 2021
Another honeymoon visit by Ine & Shouzou they all had a great time. Their grandchildren's too. Overall, it was fun to watch.
May 19, 8:46 AM

Mar 2021
Really fun and sweet episode with everyone having fun on the honeymoon trip. The next episode looks like it will be hilarious.
May 19, 8:47 AM

Jul 2016
Turns out apple orchards are where the world's hidden superatheletes are at cuz damn, gramps was ripped.

It's so sweet how Shozo and Ine finally got to have their long overdue honeymoon, and Mino and Shota got to have theirs wayyy before their own (practically inevitable) wedding. Mino and Shota sleeping in the same room is even a little secret that only the four of them gets to share.
May 19, 10:08 AM
Aug 2022
"ooh! To be young it's an amazing feeling" comments by my uncle's after watching this episode 😂
May 19, 11:15 AM
Aug 2022
I like Mino and Shouta's dynamic way more than grandpa and grandma
May 19, 11:17 AM

Dec 2020
It was a disappointment for not being able to see young Shōzō flexing around on the beach. They showed us the bikini of Ine but yk... thatz not just fuckin' enough. I was really lookin' forward to see young Shōzō and Ine in the beach arc sigh. Well nonetheless it also showed us a different and deep side of love between them which was really heartwarming. Putting that aside seems like Mino has finally fallen for Shōta. Good for them.

Even tho Shōzō was in his grandpa version still got to see the legendary hot spring scene hehe
May 19, 12:20 PM

Feb 2019
Didn’t expect a fanservice episode in this lmao. But I’ll take it, grandma looked amazing 😍 can’t tell who’s better she or Mino wow.

Oh to be young again right? Absolutely love how grandma and grandpa flirt and fantasise about each other still after all these years together. Grandpa’s dreamy “hourglass” and grandma wanting to bathe with him was so cute.

I love how she’s still flustered about showing herself off in a bikini as well even though he’s seen her naked so many times 😂 that’s how you keep a spark after 70 years though.

But Mino and Shouta stole the show. Mino finally realising how special Shouta is to her and even a kiss on the forehead at the end. I need them to get together so we can have some double date episodes lol.
Marinate1016May 19, 12:56 PM
May 19, 12:25 PM

Dec 2022
well it was more of a mature side but still pretty fun
May 19, 1:09 PM
Feb 2020
7 episodes down this great sweet journey, I don't understand why I'm not able to forgive for the choice of art & animation the team made for the show.

If not for the art & animation, it would be pretty solid 9 or a 10. But now its 7 or a 8.
May 19, 1:26 PM
Feb 2024
I wanne see more and more about mino and shouta
May 19, 3:16 PM

Jul 2022
Seeing those old hands come together despite everything makes me feel really good for them. Without a doubt, that's the kind of love we should all aspire to, not the superficial stuff we see nowadays. I love Grandpa and Grandma, they love each other no matter what, and it touches me when they fulfill promises from the past. How beautiful it is to see them still standing, doing everything they once set aside.

Oh, and I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for the great-grandkids.
May 19, 3:50 PM

Nov 2016
A very cute episode for the young ones..I mean the even younger ones.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 4:10 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The honeymoon ended up not just being for the grandparents, but also Mino and Shouta since they got a lot closer during the trip, the scene in the bed and the wishing scene were probably my favorites, it’s kinda funny too how Mino is envisioning themselves as an old couple instead of a young couple lol, must be the influence from how sweet Ine and Shouzou have been. I also really liked when the two of them were hoping for something to happen between Mino and Shouta during the tree bit, Ine is already wanting grandchildren lol.

But it wasn’t just the young folks who got time in the limelight, there were plenty of good moments between Ine and Shouzou as well, the beach bit was really good even if Ine wouldn’t strip the dress, we did get that swimsuit closeup before she went out but I found it sweet that she didn’t want to show it around to anyone except for Shouzou, also Shouzou beating Shouta while swimming was pretty funny lol. There was also the bath scene, Shouzou may have been in his old man form but it was still a very nice moment, I’m glad he actually ended up getting to hop in the bath with his wife and not just in his dream lol.
May 19, 5:42 PM

Sep 2018
It's quite the contrast between my own Grandparents lol, My Nan on my Dads side treated my Koro like shit right up to his death, and even my Granddad on my Mums side, occasionally acts like a prick to my Grandma.
May 19, 6:02 PM
Jan 2022
can you inherit debt in Japan? in Canada, you can't inherit debt so that situation wouldn't have happened (postcredits)
May 19, 7:06 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to tarfeef101
can you inherit debt in Japan? in Canada, you can't inherit debt so that situation wouldn't have happened (postcredits)
I knew this was the fanservice episode, but considering the overall sobriety of the series, I expected tamer fanservice.
Well, all's good.

@tarfeef101 In a lot of countries you can indeed

I know in mine you will inherit debts, however, you can refuse your whole inheritance to get out of it in case your inherited debt is equal or higher to the total value of the inherited goods.
You can just not take the inheritance, the state will take it, sell it for money, cover the difference and clear the debt in your stead.
bruh
May 19, 7:09 PM
Jan 2022
FullyCharged said:
I knew this was the fanservice episode, but considering the overall sobriety of the series, I expected tamer fanservice.
Well, all's good.

@tarfeef101 In a lot of countries you can indeed

I know in mine you will inherit debts, however, you can refuse your whole inheritance to get out of it in case your inherited debt is equal or higher to the total value of the inherited goods.
You can just not take the inheritance, the state will take it, sell it for money, cover the difference and clear the debt in your stead.

okay that's pretty much the same then. the estate of the deceased must make a best effort to pay outstanding debts, but if anything remains, you don't get saddled with that

unless they just didn't say that the issue was smth like "the farm was actually his dad's the whole time and therefore the debts must be weighed against that", then this scenario seems like either a plot hole or a great reason not to have Japanese parents I guess damn
May 19, 8:44 PM
Feb 2023
Ricky16 said:
"ooh! To be young it's an amazing feeling" comments by my uncle's after watching this episode 😂

bruu.. but it's true

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
May 19, 10:24 PM

Apr 2019
And that concludes the Atami trip, glad to see that Mino and Shouta's feelings for each other are mutual, it seems that the ship is starting to sail.
May 19, 10:37 PM

Mar 2008
More diabeetus from Grandma and Grandpa.

Hell yes! The Mino and Shouta ship is sailing.
May 19, 11:16 PM
Dec 2023
is so cute and perfect!
May 20, 3:46 AM
Jul 2016
TBH, The grandaughter and young boy duo became really boring after the third epiode
May 20, 5:42 AM
Jan 2024
Mino and shouta are so cute together omfg
May 20, 6:58 AM
Dec 2020
this was adorable!! it's kinda funny how embarrassed she was to hold hands in public
May 20, 9:54 AM
Sep 2015
I just fall in love with Shota.
May 20, 5:22 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah this episode were so sweet also in the preview seem like another Jiisan Baasan couple got younger . :O

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 20, 5:52 PM

Mar 2008
I never would have expected Mino looks so fit in her bikini. Also lol @ everyone on the beach weirded out by buff old Shozo.

Was nice Ine and Shozo got to be on their honeymoon finally and had a nice time and cute to see them all flirty.

Shota and Mino are actually cute together. I wasn't really feeling it much before this episode. They both seem to like eachother.
May 20, 5:58 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to tarfeef101
@tarfeef101
Apparently so
https://oharalaw-japan.com/2016/02/24/is-there-a-way-to-avoid-inheriting-debts-in-japan/

The US is same you inherent debt but usually it's paid off by them taking their home which usually pays it off.
May 21, 1:43 AM

Feb 2016
This episode made me crazy hungry for Mino, and that doesn't make me feel good.
Nice.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 21, 6:44 AM

Feb 2021
Lol the grandpa is flipping the hourglass because of that reason XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 21, 2:23 PM

Feb 2016
Best phrase: I thought that the sandclock was your tits!!
May 21, 3:58 PM

Oct 2014
Man another great episode, that post credit scene got me tearing up.

They really did shota bad in the first episode making it look like he was a villain. However all these other episodes just shows how hes such a good kid, no wonder Grandma and Grandpa is shipping them hard.

Also looks like were about to get the 3rd couple with more screentime for Shiori
kisip123May 21, 4:13 PM
May 27, 2:56 PM

Nov 2013
Gosh, Mino and Shouta are so adorable!!! It's only a matter of time till they become couple.
Grandpa/Grandma had some spicy moments together :)
May 30, 4:05 PM

Jan 2022
This was a cute episode. Mino is down bad for Shouta and I loved their cute little moments. I was sad to not see Ine outside in her swimsuit tho :( at least we got a slow front and back shot lol
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 3, 8:25 AM

Feb 2019
Mino is so cute

And dang, young Ine rocking that bikini
Yesterday, 5:44 AM

Jul 2017
The honeymoon continues in Atami, joined by the old couple and the new couple, what hijinks will this have?

Ine and Shouzou are having the time of their lives, though as to Mino and Shouta, they're really gunning for the couple ship to sail, which is really quite sweet! Too bad that Shouzou is already tired and drunk from sake, leaving Ine all angry that they didn't have time to themselves. The beach situation with the beautiful Ine and 6-pack grandpa Shouzou, oh my god lols was it hilarious, but too bad he can't embrace Ine in his younger self after touching the hourglass. And come on, Ine wanting to show off her swimsuit, it's too embarrassed for the wife. Shouzou's 3 sips of sake...definitely has a meaning to it when considering future marriages.

As if the hijinks aren't enough, Ine and Shouzou's ping pong rally is quite the spirited match, much less taking a bath naked that doesn't feel awkward given their long life together. And the wish writing on the ema tablets, Shouzou and Ine are really thinking alike, and so is Mino just thinking casually while Shouta is just being aware of it,,,a great-grandchild if they're able to date! At the very least, a kiss that much is mutual on Shouta's forehead.

Despite not having any kids, both Shouzou and Ine really did lived their life together to the fullest.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 10 Discussion

Aversa - Yesterday

32 by cooldogmom »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 14

54 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

30 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 26

33 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 7

156 by reader28 »»
Jun 7, 4:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.