Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 1:28 AM

Nov 2011
Shion pulling all nighter and then feeling groggy is the most Shion thing I've seen. Props for her dedication to her work though.

Apparently Taiyo has a 100k bounty on his head on the Dark Web LOL. Some spy named Ayaka had her eyes on him and lol, her personality is comedy gold material but also kinda scary imo. The anime protrayed her like some yandere with deadly needle abilities. On the other hand, I find it very amusing watching Taiyo and Shion play a video game together with Mutsumi cheering from the background.
May 12, 1:30 AM

Dec 2021
This dude Kyoichiro really doesn't give any fucks; he straight up tells Ayaka that she's free to do whatever she wants to Taiyo. Lol.

On one fateful day, the Yozakura family's database was hacked. Upon receiving a report from Shion that only his personal data was stolen, Taiyo starts to feel uneasy. One morning, as Taiyo and Mutsumi are on their way to school, they encounter Ayaka Kirisaki, a "man-hunting" spy who follows and kills men she's fallen for. She claims to have fallen for Taiyo after watching a video of him on the dark web. Ayaka, who transferred into the same class as Taiyo and Mutsumi, continues to target Taiyo's life even during class but fails repeatedly. Finally, she resorts to her last resort.

If you haven't caught on yet, the anime is either adding a lot of original content or scrambling things around, which isn't necessarily good or bad, just very strange considering that, at least for the 20 or so chapters I remember reading, they balanced slice-of-life and action quite well. I guess the anime is opting for a more slice-of-life approach for the first couple of episodes before diving into the action. Anyway, Ayaka is your typical character obsessed with the lead, and while this show didn't need to add more girls to the mix, it looks like Ayaka will be the one they'll sell those "figures" of. Let me know when they're released, btw.. The whole game thing was fun, I can't lie.

Well, at least for now, it seems Ayaka has stopped, and the Yozakura family is back to normal... for now.

May 12, 1:37 AM

Feb 2021
15:07 The flags Mutsumi is holding have 太 (tai) from 太陽 (taiyou) and 四 (shi) from 四怨 (shion)

Btw I've heard that they skipped the first arc after the introduction, so I skimmed through the chapters and it looks really cool, I hope it's adapted later or something.
May 12, 2:27 AM
Aug 2019
It's this fucking stupid trope again. "Oh no, I'm being targeted by a crazy yandere stalker that wants to kill me, better do nothing at all except barely avoid being killed instead of doing something about it." Fuck off

Also more Yuri bait shit in romcoms where the target is a straight girl with a love interest/married/in a relationship. Why do authors do this? It's a complete waste of character and time.
May 12, 2:52 AM
Sep 2015
I want secret Taiyo's photos too but my hacking skill is zero.
May 12, 2:56 AM

Jan 2018
First part of the episode was pretty cliche with the introduction of a yandere character, second part was more amusing with Shion showing her ability to hack through playing games. Hopefully the anime will transition into a real arc soon instead of having two subplots per episode.
May 12, 3:16 AM
Nov 2022
I didn't like Ayaka that much the yandere/stalker girl and the second half was way better.
May 12, 3:52 AM

Mar 2021
The stalker girl section seemed a bit unnecessary to me but the second half was great Shion seems such a great hacker and gamer
May 12, 3:56 AM

Jun 2023
Hacking and games sounds fun
May 12, 5:30 AM

Jul 2017
A hacking within the Yozakura Family's database to get information on Taiyo, someone's thirsty for him.

Shion pulling all-nighters to thwart the hacker to success, with the mystery being trying to steal data on Taiyo, this girl is rather feisty: the Manhunter Spy Ayaka Kirisaki, who also received the information about his bounty. Not helping the fact is that her conversation with Kyoichiro pushing on his assassination, both the married couple feel rather bizarre about this whole situation, much less joining their class and almost stabbing him with her needle. Taiyo's experience with the rabid fan...is rather yandere-ish lols, she's not willing to give Taiyo up, even when he's clearly made for Mutsumi. Oh well, even with the fix, Ayaka would still want to kill him regardless.

Shion and Taiyo going through her own made video game of a Super Mario derivative, and a fantasy-like game to test his skills as a spy, glitches or whatever, when it works, it works. Even integrated with the world's happenings, it's also quite the effective way...that Ayaka comes to hack more data of the couple, unexpectedly to their benefit. Too bad that Ayaka also failed this time, and Taiyo also pulled through all-nighters like Shion did.

Still quite fun things happening within the Yozakura Family.
May 12, 5:52 AM

Dec 2015
Almost forgot how "intense" Ayaka was. Having cut and kill in her name. Sasuga, yandere-chan XD. Kinda wish I had her tenacity when it comes to programming. She seems to only have picked it up just to steal Taiyou's data.

Love how Shion uses games to do her missions. Probably isn't necessary but I bet it makes it more fun. Bit curious how that would work in reality though.
May 12, 5:57 AM
May 2024
A bit of a filler episode. This show is sometimes frustrating with how inconsistent it is. When it’s good it’s really good but aaaaaa. It’s still fun could just be so much better.
May 12, 6:33 AM

Apr 2022
another annoying character but at least she's not as bad as kyoichiro, only by a little though.
May 12, 6:43 AM

Jul 2014
Tbf Shion’s ability to make a simulation game and if she clears it , she gets to make a change irl is actually cool. Good ep , aside from the yandere that appeared at the start of the ep, she was hell creepy because she didnt even like Taiyo only but his spouse too lmao
May 12, 10:19 AM
Mar 2015
Ayaka was a real pain but now she has the Lady to bother
May 12, 10:35 AM

Jul 2022
Ayaka takes love to the next level by attempting to assassinate Taiyou, but luckily Taiyou has leveled up and become stronger. What I didn't expect was for Ayaka to become a version of Kyouichirou, although she's not as despicable as him. I liked seeing more of Shion, as I'm a big fan of Aoi Yuuki.
May 12, 12:44 PM

Oct 2020
I only like the part when Ayaka Suddenly falls after her introduction, throws a needle at Taiyou, and is shocked that he avoids it. The latter part of the episode was quite enjoyable as Shion and Taiyou teamed up to take down the enemy designed as Kyouichirou by playing some games. Their antics were so hilarious that it made the entire scene even more amusing.
May 12, 12:59 PM

Jun 2022
Is Ayaka a Female Kyoichiro but going for Taiyo?
May 12, 2:20 PM

Mar 2007
Now there's a yandere making Taiyo's life even harder, LMAO. Dude just can't win. He keeps trying harder and harder to get good, and despite how much progress he's made, new villains keep popping out of the woodwork. The work never stops.
May 12, 2:20 PM
Oct 2022
Only Shion could stay up all those nights playing video games alone or with another Yozakura members.

Taiyo and Shion managed to defeat Ayaka (Manhunter Spy) easily enough, even if she caused them troubles.

Poor Taiyo, after three nights without sleep, he fainted to the ground =))

I like Kyoichirou, but he gave Ayaka the access code and she tried to steal Taiyo’s database. This is not how a Yozakura member protects his/her family!

May 12, 3:56 PM

Mar 2016
More character introduction? That's it, I'm done with this show.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 12, 4:47 PM

Oct 2018
Quite a few interesting differences between this and the original chapters... for one, the Gamers Committing Acts of Gaming plot has been moved forward in time relative to other storylines... and melded with Ayaka's introduction!
Instead of a helicopter and a secret drone army headed for a power plant, they were fighting to stop a missile and a secret... second missile from hitting the Parliament.
Taiyo saying that Ultra Yozakura Family "is more graphic than it needs" makes a lot more sense in the manga. The goom-brothers really sell the players' attacks instead of just... tripping and disappearing.
The enemies in the missile mission originally had the same "kuso-chuunan" motif as the train mission. I consider the armored dragons an upgrade from "everything looks like Bomberman for some reason."
Speaking of bombing, remember the guy in episode 2 who tried to blow Mutsumi up? We never saw his face in the original manga. Pretty much only existed through his tweets. I mention because this episode did the opposite and excised all the screentime of the enemy force. Also, these "idiots who don't know how to protest properly" were originally an environmentalist cult bent on destroying all of humanity. Srsly.
Ayaka's hacking exploits were all added to the anime to link the two stories together (and "Kyoichiro let me do whatever to Taiyo!" became "Kyoichiro let me do whatever to Taiyo and gave me admin privileges!"). I consider this a net win because her hacker-sona is trés cute. When she started quilling the enemies, I was like "oh! that's why they chose a hedgehog!"
May 12, 5:15 PM

Sep 2023
Pretty boring one this week, the representation of hacking through a game was quite stupid imo.
May 12, 6:21 PM

Aug 2022
This time there is a new character who seems very fanatical about Taiyo. I like this time because there's more Shion, and I hope the rest of the family will too.

Also I feels like Taiyo and Mutsumi are always together now. That's good for them.

RafaBryanMay 12, 7:07 PM
May 12, 7:32 PM
Oct 2019
Here comes the Crazy Yandere girl!!

Gaming/mission bonding time with Big Sis Shion.
Omg they playing Mario Bros lol
May 12, 8:17 PM
Aug 2021
This is the worst episode out of anything I have ever watched. What a way to blemish a perfectly decent show.
May 12, 8:46 PM

Feb 2019
Ayaka is hot as FUCK. Another great addition to the cast and like the others, she’s got a few screws loose. Needed a hot yandere around here

This show continues to be so slept on man. Animation is really good and the characters are just fun. it’s a shame Disney have it in jail. Really enjoying Taiyo and Mutsumi’s daily adventures so much
May 12, 8:53 PM
Mar 2021
Second half of the episode is somewhat different from the manga. Anime had helicopters and drones to blow up a power plant BUT manga was way crazier, won't spoil what it is but if you're curious...
In the manga, it was missiles to blow up a city, taiyo and shion managed to stop it before launch but there was another missile that launched, taiyo and shion used the missile they stopped to blow up the launched missile.
May 13, 2:42 AM

Jun 2023
Fun as always.....
May 13, 6:43 AM

Feb 2021
She's very yandere XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 13, 3:47 PM

Feb 2010
I'd forgotten Ayaka started out this way
May 14, 12:34 PM
Apr 2024
I'm really enjoying this one. We get to know Shion better, and it's been a lot of fun.
May 14, 10:26 PM
May 2023
I didn't care about Ayaka that much but at least we got to know a bit more about Shion.
May 15, 9:26 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to FrostyWeebNutz
It's this fucking stupid trope again. "Oh no, I'm being targeted by a crazy yandere stalker that wants to kill me, better do nothing at all except barely avoid being killed instead of doing something about it." Fuck off

Also more Yuri bait shit in romcoms where the target is a straight girl with a love interest/married/in a relationship. Why do authors do this? It's a complete waste of character and time.
@FrostyWeebNutz Lesbian/bisexual side characters have always been in male media, not to mention that Mutsumi obviously wouldn't leave the MC even if she were bisexual. Why worry lol?
May 15, 11:51 AM

Jan 2020
Man, why do all of these rom coms nowadays have to have a crazy lesbian bitch ruining the dynamic between the main couple. We already had the older brother being a pain in the ass but now this girl? What a buzzkill, just another reason to despise yuri
May 15, 11:55 AM

Jan 2020
RobertBobert said:
@FrostyWeebNutz Lesbian/bisexual side characters have always been in male media, not to mention that Mutsumi obviously wouldn't leave the MC even if she were bisexual. Why worry lol?

Yea, I wished they stop being in series altogether unless they were irrelevant and didn’t bother the main couple. Lesbians already have more than enough representation in anime so stop ruining straight romcoms ffs
May 15, 5:46 PM

May 2019
Yeah Ayaka is a crazy girl but she was given access to Taiyo by Kyoichiro so he should be held responsible for Shion having to do extra work.

I recognized a bit of Super Mario Bros. in the first game that Shion and Tiayo played and I thought it was funny how the bad guys had resemblance to Kyoichiro (or at least had his face plastered throughout).
May 15, 7:52 PM
Jan 2013
Unlike that "other" show the spy aspect is actually front and centre and I like what I see so far....

May 16, 4:03 PM
Sep 2010
so we head into the kuroyuri arc next episode, meaning we're probably not going back to teh flower bin arc and now we're skipping Asuka's introduction.

stick to the manga with this one, the anime is becoming a jumbled mess.
May 17, 6:55 AM
Mar 2019
This is sucha quirky episode. More and more, this anime is looking like Ranma 1/2 without the ecchiness. hihi
May 18, 6:53 AM
Sep 2021
A new character Ayaka is introduced who falls in love with taiyo & Mutsumi & is after them, also Shion's game which has hacking abilities in it, is played with taiyo. Overall it was a fun episode.
May 18, 11:02 AM
Apr 2021
Another fun enjoyable episode and in this episode we meet Ayaka the stalker assassin who’s in love with Taiyo AND Mutsumi she’s such a quirky character but trust me guys you’ll love her she’s a good person who just can’t express their love properly😅

Off topic but AYAKA IS THICCCCCC ASF like holyyyy, either I forgot she was this fine and had a peak hour glass or silver link just made her like that but either way I’m loving it lowkey was the highlight of this episode for me and when she threw her needles in the air and incapacitate that dude her ass was HUGE why they make her so fine for?😩😩😩

The animation was really good in this episode I loved the animation when Taiyo used his gun when Ayaka attacked him in the alleyway and I LOVED it when the camera moved all 3D like at 8:16 Silver Link really doing their best when ppl were saying this show had subpar animation🤩🔥🔥🔥🔥

I’m sorry but I just say again that who drew Ayaka knew how to draw an hour glass figure bc why can I see a lil bit of her cheeks from the front? I’m sorry I’m sorry i sound like a degenerate but she’s literally one of the finest girl in this whole series😩😫😩💜

May 19, 6:38 AM

Apr 2015
Reply to Animillion
Man, why do all of these rom coms nowadays have to have a crazy lesbian bitch ruining the dynamic between the main couple. We already had the older brother being a pain in the ass but now this girl? What a buzzkill, just another reason to despise yuri
@Animillion How's she a lesbian? She was simping for Taiyo for like the whole time she was on screen before she homed into Mutsumi.

If anything she looks like a throwaway joke character. It's the 'unless they were irrelevant' case in your post
May 19, 9:34 AM

Jan 2020
Lanz said:
@Animillion How's she a lesbian? She was simping for Taiyo for like the whole time she was on screen before she homed into Mutsumi.

If anything she looks like a throwaway joke character. It's the 'unless they were irrelevant' case in your post

No, I mean the whole idea of adding a character that has no other purpose but to interfere with the main couple is annoying, and more often it’s been lesbian/bisexual characters that are shoved in to a straight romance series for this purpose. Not to mention yuri bait in general is trash. Have proper yuri in yuri designated series and don’t have it in straight romance series, especially as an annoying joke.
May 19, 10:00 AM

Apr 2015
Reply to Animillion
Lanz said:

No, I mean the whole idea of adding a character that has no other purpose but to interfere with the main couple is annoying, and more often it’s been lesbian/bisexual characters that are shoved in to a straight romance series for this purpose. Not to mention yuri bait in general is trash. Have proper yuri in yuri designated series and don’t have it in straight romance series, especially as an annoying joke.
@Animillion Point is that she is not yuri bait. No yuri fan gets baited by a joke side character who was and is actively throwing herself onto the married male MC.

I don't really like her neither as her gimmick is over the top and unfunny so far but somehow blaming it on the genre ('another reason to despise yuri') seems like misplaced hatred
May 19, 10:23 AM

Jan 2020
Reply to Lanz
@Animillion Point is that she is not yuri bait. No yuri fan gets baited by a joke side character who was and is actively throwing herself onto the married male MC.

I don't really like her neither as her gimmick is over the top and unfunny so far but somehow blaming it on the genre ('another reason to despise yuri') seems like misplaced hatred
@Lanz I don’t really care what yuri fans like tbh. All I know is that I don’t want any semblance of yuri interfering even as a joke. These trash characters like the one from Komi and Love After World Domination need to stop being a thing.
May 24, 2:55 AM

Apr 2014
Cute Pincushion hair clip.

Silver Link has been doing really well for the past few years and has some nice work.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - 5 hours ago

5 by OtakuKun1 »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19

30 by Lanz »»
Yesterday, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5

57 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
May 20, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

59 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
May 19, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7

116 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
May 19, 7:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.