Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
More focus on Lilia and Lily. Unfortunately, this episode also triggered some bad memories from Lilia's past. Seriously, she went through a lot of shit.

Still, the episode did a little better at getting me invested into her than other characters. Rud still did his usual thing and that's fight the good fight.
Feb 24, 9:51 AM

Dec 2021
I never thought I'd be drawn to a pouting Luna face, but now I can't get enough of it.

Lilia felt a mixture of joy at Lily's growth but also anxious about her growing distant. However, with guidance from Rud, she regained her usual positive outlook. Later, upon returning to the Caled Dungeon, they encountered a Dark Skeleton manipulating three crystals. Lilia, struck by a unique attack, experienced a flashback to past trauma.

Sure, I'm on board with including the harem storyline up to Nin and the twins, but Luna is out of bounds for me. She's like a daughter to Rud. As for this episode, there's more labyrinth raiding, and while it introduces a new monster, I can't help but laugh at how the studio skimps on showing the actual fighting, opting for still images instead.

Rud and the gang are now up against a demon lord-class guardian. It's a tough situation—how will they get their way out of it?

Feb 24, 4:21 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
We got some more focus on Lilia and Lily in this one, so Lilia was acting odd at the end of the last one because she didn’t know how to feel about this change in Lily which makes sense, although we haven’t actually seen much of her giving orders I’ll just take their word for it lol. And Rud helped her make sure of her feelings which was nice, and then it was time for more labyrinth diving. I’m ngl I was kinda disappointed with that first enemy encounter with the fog, they had an interesting thing going there but then they just said “oh yeah we figured out how to beat those guys” along with a slideshow lol, definitely not the way that I like my fight scenes but I’ll say the next encounter kinda made up for it.

And the encounter in question is the Deadhead wizard that gave them hell of a time, and I really liked the gimmick with this spooky lad and his crystals that each give him different powers, this required Rud and the party to coordinate their attacks differently than usual. And then there was the solar flare-like move which caused half the party to be out of commission for a bit, with Lilia even going into a frenzy which was a pretty cool scene, but once again Rud helped her out since he understood what she was recalling in her frenzied state. And just when you thought the fight was done, then there were TWO deadheads, of course one was just a decoy and they figured out which one was real pretty fast and the fight ended quickly from there. And then the big cheese showed up along with 4 other deadheads, and as I expected it’s the girl from the OP, and she’s a mysterious one giving how she destroyed her own spooky boys upon her arrival, I’m looking forward to seeing what she’s about.
Feb 24, 5:58 PM

Dec 2018
This show is like one of those really really basic old timey donuts. It's fine, maybe even delicious if you've never had sweets before, but ultimately bland compared to the really good stuff.
The characters are cute and all, but there's nothing really compelling here. Like the least amount of effort possible. I can't say it's bad or it's good, more like "oh, yeah, it's a show i guess..."

Anyways, the dungeon guardian seems like a real weirdo. I don't think they're supposed to mess around with adventurers like that, but it ends there so more next episode I guess. The fight was super basic, might be the most boring fight this whole season of anime.
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

Feb 2011
New loli and she's a demon king, and shes just as cute as Luna.

blessed
ScootboiFeb 24, 7:32 PM

Feb 24, 7:54 PM
Apr 2023
Loli-maou arrived!
Feb 25, 1:07 AM
Apr 2013
EP 8

Soo last time we didnt actually meet the labrynth guardian yet
This time though?

Anyway plot twist
So yeah cliffhang, kinda weird but next time

I am curious as to whats going to happen this time
Feb 25, 2:07 AM

Dec 2022
well we saw another guardian a loli guardian it seems
anyway this line of character development seems awfully familiar maybe i have seen this before.......wink....wink....generic fantasy trope 1: (trauma) the mc cures trauma
Feb 25, 7:15 AM

Feb 2021
Need a more intense battle. Can't wait to see the hero on crisis moment :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 26, 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
Does anyone know what they are drinking? Wine does not taste bitter but sweet, most hard alcohols the same. Although I did not tastes sake so far it seems beer is the only one that tastes bitter and beer as it is today with hops is kinda crap anyway
Mar 2, 4:52 AM

Jul 2017
While Lily and Lilia take their rest, Rud, Nin and Luna get their post-raid celebrations, though that means that the girls get drunk easily. At least it confirms that Rud isn't as dense as I hope, but one could hope for a harem if Rud desires.

Lilia wanting to talk to Rud about Lily's progress, and for sure, Rud notices it as much as Lilia does, and the latter will also want to work hard for her own benefit as well. Onto the 51st floor, which is as far as the major clans have gone, Rud's party tries to make use of it, and his skills to provoke the sahagin, then corner and kill them. That's at least the first challenge of many in this rather huge labyrinth, of the next being a dark skeleton and its crystals.

This, however, is manipulated by the dark skeleton as it confuses Lilia, combined with her dark history that sends her into a craze. That was solved rather enigmatically, and with every progress of attacking its crystals, they were getting there, even as it tries to split itself into two and putting their efforts to naught. But after defeating the dark skeleton, the Kelid Labyrinth feels unaccomplished...though there's a vampire girl with powers similar to that of a guardian.

This is then, the real challenge: against the guardian.
Mar 2, 2:13 PM

Feb 2019
now they're facing off against the labyrinth's guardian. how will they thwart this one this one...
Mar 24, 10:51 AM

Sep 2012
labyrinth's guardian demon king? oh boy they are really in for it new lol
Apr 30, 8:31 AM

Nov 2019
Lilia shares her inferiority complex with twin sister Lily to Rud and Rud consoles her. Honestly this was something that broke the happy go lucky Rud Harem. Would have liked to see more down to earth moments like these over the fanservice between fem chars.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23

38 by adamerling »»
Yesterday, 2:00 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16

21 by Apratim »»
May 3, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9

14 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2

22 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Tank no Meikyuu Kouryaku: Tairyoku 9999 no Rare Skill-mochi Tank, Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 17

12 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.