Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
Elise's reputation and skills are continously being recognized and while famous or anything, she's definitely getting more attention. A new patient even seems to be interested in her!

However, this episode still had a tense feeling as the patient was in a bad state. They really are pushing the tough work on Elise in these recent episodes.
Jan 31, 5:31 AM

Dec 2021
Honestly, when it comes to feeling sorry for someone, Linden takes the top spot for me.

Linden, who was asked by Elise to annul their engagement, appears to be unable to shake off his concern for her. Meanwhile, Elise begins to showcase her medical expertise. In the midst of this, a severely ill patient is brought to Teresa Hospital and placed in the Critical Shelter. The Critical Shelter functions like the emergency room back on Earth, treating patients in critical condition and those with external wounds. There, a mysterious and handsome young man, who is accompanying the patient, seems to be showing a strong interest in Elise.

The medical stuff is pretty cool, but seriously, a whole modern hospital just getting isekai'd, equipment and all? It's just blowing my mind. Anyway, I'm gonna brush off all that tech and dive into the story. Oh, and there's a new love interest in the mix, I think. The new guy added this episode is my favorite. He's been nothing but nice to her and has even fallen for her. That's the ship I'm rooting for, hands down.

Elise has got herself a new potential love interest. Who she's gonna pick from her three admirers is anyone's guess, but personally, I'm all in for the new guy – he's the best in my opinion.

Jan 31, 6:34 AM

Mar 2021
Elise is just going from strength to strength Helping the patients and its just amazing to see her never give up on those patients that look like they will die
Jan 31, 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
Elise comes into Teresa hospital as Rose and is shown the ropes of how they do treatments here, but she knows that with what they're doing as the wrong call and takes over with precision to save a patient from breathing abnormally heavily due to lung tension pneumothorax, which puts pressure on the heart. This proves to Graham that Rose is more than just a genius whom the people can rely on her skills. And this catches one of the doctors' attention, Hans, to invite her to their annual festival. But a bullet wound in a spleen from a person who carried him holding the Imperial Crest? Only Rose can do this with ease.

For Linden to come being disguised with his assistant Randall to walk their way to the hospital for their inspection, them encountering a beggar and Randall getting shot by a gun, Graham understands the omplications, and so does Elise to operate and remove the spleen herself, with both Graham and Linden assisting her in this tedious but careful surgery that's as typical as a normal modern-day surgery done many times before. Linden may feel like his marriage annullment to Elise may have been bad, but after knowing her true passion as a doctor, he now knows her better.

The one thing that Elise is bad in...is her handwriting, which is pretty much akin to a child. But her work, as much as its disapproved for the moment, will reel in with time to come.
Jan 31, 7:04 AM

Nov 2013
- Graham really is getting to the bottom of Elise's expertise "almost like someone else's knowledge was put inside her body at birth" lol
- another patient saved cause Elise was there and knew what was happening, he would not survive long enough for Graham to reach him
- we almost had a festival scene but instead we had another surgery, this time with the prince and his retainer, damn that gunshot was brutal
- didn't expect the prince to have medical experience tho... Elise also wanted to help him but he got flustered hahaha
- that other doctor is so funny, i wonder how this next episode will go, with him talking to Elise
winddevil1Jan 31, 7:08 AM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 31, 7:41 AM
Sep 2015
Medical drama anime is so rare that Black Jack used to be the only one I can think of. Now I can think of two anime when I think about medical drama anime.
Jan 31, 7:45 AM

Mar 2013
Rose/Elise is getting a lot of romantic flags... 😖
Currently, I prefer to ship her with the doctor than the prince when it comes to physical appearance.
CrazyButNot4UJan 31, 7:50 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 31, 7:56 AM

Dec 2022
so this world does have some magic in it like with the disguise
anyway i believe we will be seeing ron very soon he may win elises heart in a disguise but that's just a theory an anime theory
Jan 31, 8:03 AM

Dec 2010
I watched medical dramas like Ghost Doctor and Good Doctor so this feels nice having it in anime form this time.

Looking forward to more
Jan 31, 8:14 AM
Jul 2022
Esse episódio foi ótimo, o anime está começando a ficar bastante interessante.
Jan 31, 8:50 AM
Jul 2016
Damn, this show is awesome, the operation went amazing and Elise got all the professional eyes on her without noticing. The way the prince looked at her shows how much love and respect he has for her, i wanna know what will happen later.

PD: The Medical Writing seems to be an incurable disease on all the multiverse lol.
Jan 31, 9:38 AM
Aug 2023
I like Ron and also Graham :3
Jan 31, 11:32 AM

Jul 2021
The show keeps getting worse, on multiple levels.

But just on the "work" side of things:

Graham (and by extension the hospital) is just going to allow an apprentice doctor assigned to ER perform a surgery that no one's ever heard of? When she's suggesting the removal of a whole organ?

Before they even ask if it could be done, why isn't anyone asking if it should be done? Can human beings live without a spleen? Quick googling tells me yes, but why doesn't the show tell us this? Why doesn't Elise bother to explain this before they even ask?

Even if Graham decides to go ahead with the surgery, why doesn't he even try to track down more qualified doctors and nurses? I get that it's the day of the festival and everyone's already left, but it's shocking that he could leave the hospital this understaffed and he doesn't even try to call up (or telegram?) his co-workers. It's one thing to accept an action plan and entirely another thing to execute it. Yes, the patient is bleeding out, but having a newbie and a civilian cut him up will just make things worse. Maybe he'll be seriously reprimanded or even fired for this (rightfully so), but I'm skeptical.

It's strange to me that a lower-ranking doctor can just butt in and contradict her superiors, especially in the presence of the patient and their loved ones. It's disrespectful to your co-workers and could actually be dangerous, especially when everyone absolutely needs to be pulling in the same direction. Not to mention distressing to the patient; I would freak out if my doctors started arguing in front of me as I'm lying on the hospital bed.

Elise does this twice in this episode, when she overrides her ER superior and contradicts Graham. I guess it adds drama, but don't doctors usually have debates away from patients? The characters could have simply left the room first and had an argument anywhere else. If not, Elise could have at least presented ideas and suggestions on the spot and had the other doctors understand and quickly change their minds ("Doctor, I don't hear any airflow in his left lung"). If not even that, then the other doctors at least should have reacted and commented on this issue more ("Good job, but talk to me first next time").

Elise herself points out how the surgery equipment looks like what she used to work with in the 21st century, and we hear mention of a electrical defibrillator. Really? Maybe all of this actually existed in the 1800s Europe, but it's a missed opportunity to have some fun with Elise dealing with outdated tools. What if they actually brought in the defibrillator and showed us, and it looked like a bulky steampunk contraption? The writing could be glossing over this time period discrepancy for a reason, but right now it just reeks of lack of interest and lack of imagination.

Elise also worries that people are getting suspicious about her miraculous abilities. Ya think? But, as usual, she does absolutely nothing to prevent this. This might eventually catch up with her and get her in trouble, but I'm just disappointed that Elise doesn't already see the need (or lack the quick thinking) to take this seriously.

Lastly, why is there magic? Now we'll be constantly thinking, "maybe this can just be fixed with magic instead of medicine". It just confuses the rules of this world and lowers the stakes of what Elise is going through. Why was this even necessary? The Prince could have just put on a disguise, it's not like he transformed into an old lady. Whatever benefit the introduction of a magic system will bring in the future, I really doubt it will help this (supposedly) medical show.

All in all, really disappointed, and I was trying to stay hopeful after episode 3.
Jan 31, 12:33 PM
Oct 2022
I’ll never get why people wanna rehash the entire episode in these.. it was a great episode that continues to show why this anime deserves to be talked about. This show highlights so many different things from medical knowledge to the treatment of female medical practitioners. I believe it will only get better as the season goes. I haven’t read the LN or manga so I have no clue what happens but I really can’t wait to find out as Elise/Rose is a fearless badass who just wants to save people.
Jan 31, 12:58 PM

Feb 2019
Elise once again using her medical knowledge from earth to save day, both with the patient with pressure on his heart and the prince’s guard.

Graham continues to be in awe about her medical skills lol. It’s so cool seeing an anime go so in detail with medical procedures and the ins and outs of being a doctor. We’ve got a lot of pharmacist stuff lately, but not actual doctors. I also like how the show basically shows us how far medical science has come in the last 200 years or so. If we assume that Elise’s world is late 19th century European standards, it’s really insane. I wonder where we’ll be in another 200 years.

After she saved the first patient honestly I don’t see why Graham would even doubt her ability to remove the spleen. She’s already shown her knowledge is on a totally different level. Either way, brilliantly done procedure by Elise that saved the guard’s life.

Prince couldn’t help but be awed at the person Elise has grown into. There’s the obvious romance subplot, but I like how her character isn’t reduced to just being his love interest. She’s very much in the midst of her own career stuff which is great :)

Uh oh, she’s finally meeting the director.. can’t wait to see this. I wonder how she’ll explain how she knew this stuff

Another good episode of one of the most unique series I’ve seen.
Marinate1016Jan 31, 1:15 PM
Jan 31, 1:10 PM
Apr 2016
Reply to perseii
The show keeps getting worse, on multiple levels.

But just on the "work" side of things:

Graham (and by extension the hospital) is just going to allow an apprentice doctor assigned to ER perform a surgery that no one's ever heard of? When she's suggesting the removal of a whole organ?

Before they even ask if it could be done, why isn't anyone asking if it should be done? Can human beings live without a spleen? Quick googling tells me yes, but why doesn't the show tell us this? Why doesn't Elise bother to explain this before they even ask?

Even if Graham decides to go ahead with the surgery, why doesn't he even try to track down more qualified doctors and nurses? I get that it's the day of the festival and everyone's already left, but it's shocking that he could leave the hospital this understaffed and he doesn't even try to call up (or telegram?) his co-workers. It's one thing to accept an action plan and entirely another thing to execute it. Yes, the patient is bleeding out, but having a newbie and a civilian cut him up will just make things worse. Maybe he'll be seriously reprimanded or even fired for this (rightfully so), but I'm skeptical.

It's strange to me that a lower-ranking doctor can just butt in and contradict her superiors, especially in the presence of the patient and their loved ones. It's disrespectful to your co-workers and could actually be dangerous, especially when everyone absolutely needs to be pulling in the same direction. Not to mention distressing to the patient; I would freak out if my doctors started arguing in front of me as I'm lying on the hospital bed.

Elise does this twice in this episode, when she overrides her ER superior and contradicts Graham. I guess it adds drama, but don't doctors usually have debates away from patients? The characters could have simply left the room first and had an argument anywhere else. If not, Elise could have at least presented ideas and suggestions on the spot and had the other doctors understand and quickly change their minds ("Doctor, I don't hear any airflow in his left lung"). If not even that, then the other doctors at least should have reacted and commented on this issue more ("Good job, but talk to me first next time").

Elise herself points out how the surgery equipment looks like what she used to work with in the 21st century, and we hear mention of a electrical defibrillator. Really? Maybe all of this actually existed in the 1800s Europe, but it's a missed opportunity to have some fun with Elise dealing with outdated tools. What if they actually brought in the defibrillator and showed us, and it looked like a bulky steampunk contraption? The writing could be glossing over this time period discrepancy for a reason, but right now it just reeks of lack of interest and lack of imagination.

Elise also worries that people are getting suspicious about her miraculous abilities. Ya think? But, as usual, she does absolutely nothing to prevent this. This might eventually catch up with her and get her in trouble, but I'm just disappointed that Elise doesn't already see the need (or lack the quick thinking) to take this seriously.

Lastly, why is there magic? Now we'll be constantly thinking, "maybe this can just be fixed with magic instead of medicine". It just confuses the rules of this world and lowers the stakes of what Elise is going through. Why was this even necessary? The Prince could have just put on a disguise, it's not like he transformed into an old lady. Whatever benefit the introduction of a magic system will bring in the future, I really doubt it will help this (supposedly) medical show.

All in all, really disappointed, and I was trying to stay hopeful after episode 3.
@perseii You do realize he is going to die ?

Thus it doesn't matter.

Yes, they will leave the room because debating before a patient is wrong and it allows them to win time and even more, it allows a better diagnostic if they don't see the patient.

If you don't get that you are in a anime and not the real world, it's really a problem. Do i even need to explain why "Ron" needs to assist the surgery (hint : to see Elise performs medecine, but you could get it by yourself).

Stop overthinking everything.

And magic will be used for action scene, not medecine.
Jan 31, 2:03 PM
Mar 2021
In the Manwah it is explained that before Elise there were 2 geniuses in medicine who even wrote books, hence the good progress in medicine there
Jan 31, 3:07 PM

Sep 2007
Linden: "I had thought I wouldn't care who was my fiance...."

me: *very slow grin*
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 31, 3:33 PM

Sep 2018
The price to pay for genius skills in the field of medicine: the ability to write neatly!! It's pretty hilarious that they included the doctor handwriting stereotype in this, haha.

The fact that Linden has a different seiyuu while in disguise has me feeling conflicted. While it's nice attention to detail that the spell changes both his looks and voice, I'm quite sad I didn't get to hear Azakami do the scene where "Ron" gets all flustered over Elise – he's the main reason I'm watching after all. (╥ω╥)
Jan 31, 4:02 PM
Oct 2019
The episode is very good, I just find it a little strange that in this world all the medical tools are the same as in the current world, but oh well, cool anime
Jan 31, 4:18 PM

Nov 2009
OH, they're actually using quite a few medical terms now.

And Elise's literally saving everyone, LOL.

Plus, it looks like everyrone, including the female co-workers are all falling for her, LOL.

And Elise's hand writing is so cute, LOL, some words looks like hearts <3.

___ ___ ___

I just find it a little strange that in this world all the medical tools are the same as in the current world

Yea, it's like I mentioned it before, they're pretty much going with the "Plot device" that every single world in all multiuniverses are all Japanese based, LOL.
amlgFeb 1, 4:45 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 31, 5:33 PM

Dec 2017
this writting is so painful.. actually weaker than I expected
I love how the pacient is bleeding out internally and we are busy discussing for so long
Jan 31, 6:14 PM
Oct 2019
You know what's surprised me more than Elise medical skills?
The medical equipment that they are using are the same as our current world despite setting in a fantasy world with some magical disguise item LMAO
Jan 31, 7:33 PM

May 2023
@persei
drama is always present, reminds of Dr House.

jmaury4 said:
Stop overthinking everything.

anime like these makes our thinking process much more active and much more engaging
in short its fun to overthink things rather than ignoring them.

Jan 31, 10:06 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
They really insert real life doctor's handwriting.

You know what they need? A pharmacist who can read those writing. lmao
Feb 1, 12:51 AM

Jan 2021
It was all very fun to watch except that I was a little annoyed when Elise, Graham and Linden were chatting when there was an emergency patient in front of them. It's like... I know they questioned Elise's actions, which sounded impossible at the time, but Graham clearly saw that Elise often proved her great ability to be on par with the other doctors there. But anyway, I'm glad that the surgery went well.

I didn't expect Linden to have that kind of ability. Hmm... what if Linden will visit Elise often but as Ron? I think that would be interesting.

Feb 1, 8:52 AM

Jun 2016
interestingggg episode
Feb 1, 5:14 PM

Mar 2008
I had to look up "tension pneumothorax". It happens for a few reasons such as trauma to the chest and mechanical ventilators being among most common.

The splenectomy was fairly detailed in explanation it seems.
Feb 1, 6:12 PM

Jan 2022
I hate Elise's big ass eyes ugh I don't understand how no one questions Elise lmao considering the time setting, there's no way an electric cardiac defibrillator existed in that time period, esp considering that it wasn't invented until 1930. There's no way in hell a doctor could figure out the diagnosis was a pneumothorax within 10 seconds. The fact that she's a better doctor than actual irl doctors and can cure every patient pisses me off. This is not realistic at all, yeah I know its anime, but shit is still annoying. Technically, doctors aren't supposed to discuss situations like literal emergencies in front of patients. No oxygen, pain medication, IV fluids. With how much time they discussed they case, realistically the patient would've been dead for a while lol. This is all sooo stupid.
This never updates so that's cool
Feb 2, 4:42 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
lol @ the doctor's handwriting joke

this is beautiful. it's slowly but surely creeping up to be among the best anime of the season for me. I just hope we get to see more of her past: both her original life as elise and also her life as a doctor.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 2, 6:15 AM

Jan 2017
Elise---or Rose----is probably the best female lead this winter season. Considering how her character and appearance is. No wonder the prince (who was wearing a cool disguise) just fell in love! That blush he had when Elise tried to check his forehead was superb! 💛💛💛
Feb 2, 10:20 AM
Jan 2024

Honestly, the chapter is very interesting.
Feb 2, 6:36 PM
Apr 2016
They're following the story perfectly!
Feb 3, 5:15 PM

Feb 2011
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Rose/Elise is getting a lot of romantic flags... 😖
Currently, I prefer to ship her with the doctor than the prince when it comes to physical appearance.
@CrazyButNot4U I agree, I also ship Elise with Graham ( Doctor) xD
Feb 4, 9:11 AM
Feb 2020
this show is great! its better than i expected
Feb 4, 10:16 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Jennysevilla
In the Manwah it is explained that before Elise there were 2 geniuses in medicine who even wrote books, hence the good progress in medicine there
@Jennysevilla this is good to know, I wish they had explained this in the anime because as someone else in this thread said i was quite confused by the defibrillator and other tools!
Feb 5, 5:47 AM

Jan 2019
Really hoping we get some sort of explanation for Prince "Ron" having something akin to a magical girl transformation in the back of the carriage.
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Feb 6, 8:44 AM
Jul 2022
this episode feels alive
Feb 7, 7:07 PM

Feb 2019
it took me a while to get started on this series coz the first episode kinda dragged, but after she reawakened back in her old world, things started to pick up.

this episode sure was an eye opener for Linden, coming face to face with Elise at the hospital and actually assisting her with her splenectomy surgery! now her world's gonna be even crazier since the royal physician (or whatever that guy's name is lol) is about to meet the person who performed the surgery.
Feb 9, 4:36 PM

Jun 2020
Okay wtf was that magic that happened
Feb 11, 2:48 AM
Mar 2019
This is a hidden gem of the winter season. More people should be watching this.
Apr 11, 4:23 AM
Jun 2022
Atleast Her 2nd Life Skills Were Useful , But The Advancement In Both Worlds Is Similar Which Is Odd . Oh Well , Was Entertaining.
May 6, 7:57 AM

Aug 2019
i had forgotten her handwriting was bad so i laughed at the report:D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 5:19 AM

Aug 2017
Doctor here.

Super enjoyable show. Elise is like a master general surgeon. General surgeons have a lot of medical skill.

Very likeable character too, and voice actress.

More topics from this board

» Should I watch this?

CarbonMD - Mar 18

36 by mayeesison »»
Jun 8, 6:47 AM

» Medical accuracy

felixsifuri - Mar 27

4 by CarbonMD »»
May 31, 2:39 AM

» What are your thoughts about Julian (or Yulian)?

AngelMilky_15 - Dec 14, 2023

5 by CarbonMD »»
May 31, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

57 by CarbonMD »»
May 31, 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

56 by KumaliaBlossom »»
May 28, 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.