Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
Similar to the other episodes, I think the social commentary was a key selling point in addition to the gameplay.

There's also strategy employed from different sides. Nashiko seemed more anxious though usual though. I hope she can control her nerves better. Kinda cute they have an in-game avatar to track the score. I think it might also be worth keeping an eye on Haneru Emi since she's keeping an eye on Nashiko and her friends.
Jan 26, 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
That game is literally MahjongSoul. lmao...

AkeZZZJan 26, 10:31 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 26, 10:24 AM

Apr 2010
The Saki vibes where strong this episode.
Anyway since i saw Yostar being mention and seeing the Reaction of @AkeZZZ my guess is this is a real game, sleek advertisement.
But besides that a new girl appears and she appears to be pretty knowledgeable about the game not to mention that she is a pretty strong player, i wonder what she is like.
Jan 26, 11:13 AM

Jul 2017
Izumi's bad dream of rolling only doubles, combined with Nashiko and Riche literally playing Yostar's Mahjong Soul (as @AkeZZZ and @Aversa puts it), the former is out of mobile data, and the game parlor's Wi-Fi is not even working. And try as Nashiko might, she convinced her father to get Wi-Fi for the place, though on a counter.

Everyone starts learning how to play online mahjong and setting their avatar names from Riche, and everyone except Riche gets paired in a ranked match together. Though cheating together, please don't do this...learn to win by your own...which Nashiko is on her wits end being desperate for a win. Too bad for them, their opponent is a rather skilled player, and Nashiko lost badly. There is another option: player-created private rooms for 3 people, which Nashiko earning a manzai for a first win, only to be beaten by the room host, she's just THAT unlucky. Pouring the resources for the rest, the room host is quite the skilled player, though Riche managed to find out a way to stop their opponent from winning, which is by reading their discarded times, which she is going for random. Despite that, their opponent is quite the master player to force all 4 girls' hands, which after a long and arduous fight, Riche comes out on top.

The demon girl Haneru Emi is on her way to Onomichi to find Riche, and she is here to rock their world.

It's essentially good advertisement for Yostar since they're a sponsor for the anime.
Jan 26, 11:25 AM

Mar 2021
Really enjoyed the battle between Riche and the other girl and am looking forward to the next episode and finding out more about the new girl
Jan 26, 11:47 AM

Aug 2017
Another fun episode for me, despite not knowing the rules, it still manages to be fun due to the interactions between the characters. The facial expressions Nashiko and Izumi were pulling this episode were hilarious. New girl seems so butthurt by the loss she had to track down the location lol.
Jan 26, 11:54 AM

Mar 2018
seeing recordings of mahjong soul straight up copy pasted into the show feels really weird and jarring...
Jan 26, 12:59 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty creepy she was able to find Riche but we know that the japanese specially are able to do things like that. Pon I believe it was is the one thing while playing Mahjong on the Yakuza / Like a Dragon games that I never got to understand and ended up losing those hands.
Jan 26, 1:05 PM
Nov 2019
The perfect episode for a mahjong soul and fkmt junkie
Jan 26, 1:12 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Imagine losing to someone in an online video game, only to immediately try to investigate who they are and track them down IRL. Kinda creepy when you put it that way but whatever lol

I really like her character design though so hopefully she'll liven things up next week

Also this is literally just MahjongSoul the animation by now wtf
Jan 26, 3:33 PM

Nov 2023
I think this is better than the previous episodes, I like it when the full focus is on Mahjong even when it's online.

The group decides to hop on their phones and play some Online Mahjong. Nashiko, Izumi, and Pai create their accounts and got into a game together, where they lose to the much higher skilled player. They take a break for a bit but Nashiko and Riche join a private room named "Onomichi Cup." They play against this really good player where they lose multiple times until Riche wins a match.

The ending is pretty creepy as Haneru immediately went online to find Riche and then she found out where she was. Like what? And then immediately went to the parlor.
Jan 26, 5:38 PM

Aug 2022
Back to the girls and the game of Mahjong.

It looks like they started playing online. And it seems like they have a bit of difficulty playing, but what I saw was only Riche who was good at playing it.

But hey look, who came this time. The mysterious girl, who she is, and what she wants to do. Let's see.
RafaBryanJan 26, 5:57 PM
Jan 26, 6:25 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This one was mostly about the girls getting into a mobile game version of Mahjong, which is apparently a real game by Yostar which makes a lot of sense, I thought that loading screen looked kinda like their style since I used to play Azur Lane lol. And once again, despite not understanding the game this was still a lot of fun, mainly due to the usual goofiness between the girls, Nashiko never being able to grasp the game was pretty funny, and her one win gave her confidence only for it to be torn back down lol.

And you also had the aspect that playing the mobile game was a bit different than playing an actual game with some of the conveniences that games have, made for quicker games and no blunders, of course that doesn’t mean it’s easy to win as Nashiko found out lol. And I had a feeling this would lead into the next girl being introduced when they first found the server for their town, it is a bit weird she felt the need to seek out the girl who stomped her but I do look forward to seeing what this interaction will be like, as well as what kind of character this girl is.
Jan 27, 12:44 AM

Sep 2018
Yeah, that was pretty shameless advertisement and a real borefest to watch that play out. At least, the stylish girl is finally introduced.
Jan 27, 2:02 AM
Apr 2018
This episode is so good for anyone used to play Mahjong
Jan 27, 10:06 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to AkeZZZ
That game is literally MahjongSoul. lmao...

@AkeZZZ I KNEW IT WAS BASED ON A REAL MOBILE GAME!!!! It was just WAAYYYY too detailed to not be based on an actual thing. Like, holy sh*t, that was a one-to-one comparison. Maybe they got sponsored by the app for this EP?

Anyways, good find!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 27, 11:37 AM
Apr 2013
EP 4

Guys i swear i'm not late

Anyway so yeah that was a heavy, heavy episode. I wasnt expecting them to be going full hardcore mahjong the entire ep.
They're even skipping the ed
I mean we all saw the majsoul in the preview but uh.

The first half was one thing but crazy stuff happening in the second half, phew, I'm gonna need to rewatch this because my brain kinda burnt out towards the end.
Also looks like our 5th girl is quite literally knocking on our door...next episode.
The only downside is they have kinda seem to have given up on actually explaining the rules to people who dont know though
Jan 27, 12:50 PM

Nov 2013
mahjong soul lol i played it for a couple hours years ago but too confusing :D
last girl is finally here
was she that mad that she lost one game? or is she just interested in meeting a strong player? since they are from the same region anyway
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 28, 1:53 AM

Apr 2009
I wonder how much Yostar put forward to the production staff to have them run an entire episode's worth of Mahjong Soul promotion.

Not that I complain, Mahjong soul is great. Riichi-nya~, fellow Ichihime enjoyers.
NidhoeggrJan 28, 2:00 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 28, 4:12 PM

Feb 2015
Man, I really wish I knew how to play Mahjong. No idea wtf is happening in this anime but I'm enjoying it anyway
Jan 29, 9:11 AM
Nov 2022
Episode 4: I still don't know why I'm watching this anime if I don't even know anything about mahjong
Jan 30, 9:29 PM

Apr 2023
Finally the emo girl is coming 💓🖤
Feb 1, 3:35 AM

Jan 2013
my michi has been sufficiently ponned
Feb 11, 11:42 PM

Oct 2017
Playing online mahjong game in a mahjong anime lol. Fifth girl is here too. Also Nashiko sure has some online trauma.

Knew that game looked familiar, it's mahjongsoul.
Mar 24, 11:39 PM

Feb 2021
They just move to Mahjong Online :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 17, 4:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So we got a full episode of them playing mahjong soul ahaha, that's actually not bad, and seems like we're getting introduced to a new character who's skilled but still got beat by Riche hm
May 1, 11:26 AM

Feb 2007
New girl's detective skills are quite impressive...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pon no Michi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22

27 by Magito »»
May 10, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Pon no Michi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15

15 by Ashhk »»
Apr 19, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Pon no Michi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8

18 by Ashhk »»
Apr 19, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Pon no Michi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1

19 by Ashhk »»
Apr 19, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Pon no Michi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23

17 by Ashhk »»
Apr 17, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.