Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Somehow, Sei becomes the center of attention and talks again even if she didn't want to be. The topic of engagement is a complex subject though.

This episode also showed some more of Elizabeth's personality so it's nice to see some supporting cast getting their screen time as well.
Nov 14, 2023 7:28 AM
Sep 2015
In my opinion Hawke shouldn't offer himself as a marriage candidate for Sei, it's actualy Sei's turn to offer herself as a marriage candidate for Hawke. Hawke has been offering a lot of hints to Sei so far but Sei has not return her feeling to any of those hints. So if Sei want to marry him, she should be the one to start the conversation.

PS: Hawke's dad is quite hot.
Nov 14, 2023 8:42 AM

Apr 2016
Some random action sequence at the beginning just so that no one can say there aren't any xD.

But anyway, yeah some serious talk this week, Sei do need to start thinking more outside of the box, as she was already told, she'll be in the center of attention pretty much forever, and she cant exactly just spend her life in books or blasting monsters with knight chapters all the time either.

Thats why it is very convenient than a certain handsome blonde captain of the knight order who is also of a noble stock is very much interested in her. But i agree with the sentiment, that it is time for her to be more proactive in that department.
Nov 14, 2023 9:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm didn't realize Sei has the ability to cleanse corruption as well. Hawk and Sei really are the perfect match. I guess quiet periods are also a problem as well. Considering who Sei is the amount of marriage proposals she's getting must be huge. Nice bond of friendship between Liz and Aira. Looks like the upcoming op would be Sei's last mission as saint as the next stage of her life is now fast approaching. While a quiet one this ep did well to set things up for Sei on both a career front as the saint and on that of a young women thats at the age for marriage. Curious to see how things would go.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2023 9:24 AM
Sep 2016
1. Yuri!? Is this yuri dev!? Aira x Liz!? Having BL/yaoi dev in shoujo/josei title is commonplace, but GL/yuri dev is actually very rare... (unless it was specifically GL/yuri shoujo titles i.e. MariMite)
2. Did this EP got outsourced? Or did Diomedea ran out of budget? The animation seems cheap this EP (at least on certain scenes). Notice that during most of the convo nothing but the mouth is moving. They were kinda unsetling in a way....
uncleqrowNov 14, 2023 9:27 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Nov 14, 2023 9:34 AM

Feb 2019
“I think you’re stunning when you talk about what you like” man Albert don’t play fair at all. You gonna kill Sei with lines like that 😂

Definitely felt like an interlude episode and a turning point for sei and Albert and the story as a whole. Their feelings are surely going to come to a head soon now that nobles are vying for Sei’s hand in marriage and getting restless. I love how Johann and Albert’s brother were respectful of Albert and Sei’s feelings and refused to get involved in it lol.

I think Johan’s little hint will have got the gears spinning in Sei’s head and things will get going soon. Love how that scene looked too, reminded me of the click bait opening of this season with all the action lol.
Marinate1016Nov 14, 2023 9:58 AM
Nov 14, 2023 10:28 AM
Jul 2020
About time we get at least some progress on their so-called love. I'm getting absolutely tired of Sei being totally clueless despite Hawke openly showing his affection. She knows she likes him and know that the feelings are mutual but she's just got to be dumb and be like 'eh' like so surprised whenever Hawke says something as if she has literally no idea where it is coming from!
Nov 14, 2023 10:31 AM
Oct 2010
This show went from one of my most anticipated of the season to the one that inspires the deepest sigh. I could go into a rant upon the many reasons but I'm not really angry enough for that, just disappointed.
Nov 14, 2023 11:00 AM
Feb 2022
Tarrian said:
This show went from one of my most anticipated of the season to the one that inspires the deepest sigh. I could go into a rant upon the many reasons but I'm not really angry enough for that, just disappointed.

Same here. I blame lack of Sei antics and overall story.
Nov 14, 2023 11:17 AM

Dec 2013
Erhart and Johan are pretty respectful and honest guys and know what's up with Albert but deep down Johan is also repressing some feelings but yeah "at least think of me as a big brother" sounds more than perfect enough for both.

That Elizabeth x Aira moment got my yuri senses tingling so hard, that was a sweet friendship scene.
Nov 14, 2023 12:25 PM

Jun 2015
Wait what... During my reign this may her her last mission as Saint. My mind instantly jumped to a dark place, but does this marriage ritual include a bedding ceremony where she will lose her powers as a saint. Thats dark!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 14, 2023 1:44 PM
Feb 2022
Roch2001 said:
Wait what... During my reign this may her her last mission as Saint. My mind instantly jumped to a dark place, but does this marriage ritual include a bedding ceremony where she will lose her powers as a saint. Thats dark!

Nah I figure it's because the miasma/monsters come in cycles and we're at the end of one.
Nov 14, 2023 2:12 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Gl0rp
Roch2001 said:

Nah I figure it's because the miasma/monsters come in cycles and we're at the end of one.
@Gl0rp I do hope not because us humans in the real world are hitting the 12k cycle and most scientific evidence across all fields show its time!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 14, 2023 4:38 PM
May 2017
-- One more mission, soldier. The last one. Once done, you will retire.
-- Affirmative, sir!
-- Make yourself ready for Operation Overlord.

(wide smile)
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 14, 2023 6:24 PM
Mar 2021
We talk about marriage !
Nov 14, 2023 6:27 PM
Apr 2023
Really a nice interlude for the season. But it seems even if the marriage arrangement for Sei is really heating up, her next mission might just seal things up (like how the season started hinting up to). The next arc might just shove both Sei and Albert into a decision of a lifetime.
Nov 14, 2023 7:31 PM

Mar 2013
I guess they really skipped most of the world-building and battle scenes based on the intro and focused more on the characters—but mostly on Sei.
CrazyButNot4UNov 15, 2023 1:21 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 14, 2023 7:45 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril radiates at the thought of Hawke
Nov 14, 2023 10:20 PM
Jan 2023
Loving the Aria+Liz moment! I ship ❤️
Nov 14, 2023 10:31 PM
Oct 2019
Marriage Arc begun??

Ohh that ending scene, are we gonna go back to the first scene from episode 1 of this season?
Nov 15, 2023 1:34 AM
Dec 2022
It is about time Hawke and Sei get engaged and married. Looks like a trip to Hawke's domain is inevitable to control the miasma.
Nov 15, 2023 7:55 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I see, so we're about to enter like... the final arc of the story? Makes sense honestly, with the Monsters dwindling and marriage proposals... what a way to end things up, still, makes me wonder why the other nobles are bothering with Hawke's name in the gauntlet. Surely none of them have a chance, and I do really hope the Hawke x Sei ship finally becomes a true reality.
Nov 15, 2023 12:37 PM

Dec 2022
I hate this. She's trying to act understanding about other people trying to organize her life behind her back. I know it looks like a setup to accelerate a certain ship, but it makes her look like a submissive spineless wimp in the process. And whoever started this process is disgusting - "we stole a powerful young woman from another world and made her save our asses. Time to stomp on her feelings and decide her life for her because that is how OUR culture treats women".
Nov 15, 2023 5:48 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to phantomfandom
In my opinion Hawke shouldn't offer himself as a marriage candidate for Sei, it's actualy Sei's turn to offer herself as a marriage candidate for Hawke. Hawke has been offering a lot of hints to Sei so far but Sei has not return her feeling to any of those hints. So if Sei want to marry him, she should be the one to start the conversation.

PS: Hawke's dad is quite hot.
@phantomfandom That is his older brother not his dad LOL
Nov 15, 2023 5:50 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to delirific
I hate this. She's trying to act understanding about other people trying to organize her life behind her back. I know it looks like a setup to accelerate a certain ship, but it makes her look like a submissive spineless wimp in the process. And whoever started this process is disgusting - "we stole a powerful young woman from another world and made her save our asses. Time to stomp on her feelings and decide her life for her because that is how OUR culture treats women".
@delirific No they are not enforcing a marriage they are just thinking about her future. They clearly stated they were going to put her feelings FIRST. They are worried that some other families will try to force a political marriage.
Nov 15, 2023 5:58 PM
Mar 2022
A lot of people are misunderstanding they are NOT forcing a political marriage but they are discussing her future. Since she is par with nobility, people will tend to use her for political marriages. So the meeting was used to show how they were going to put her feelings first and protect her. But in regards to Albert he does have a reason of not trying to do something too romantic and wants to take things slower at her pace (included in the spoilers). And yes at this point of time she doesn't know her true feelings YET.

Nov 15, 2023 7:45 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to sweetlvr4u
@delirific No they are not enforcing a marriage they are just thinking about her future. They clearly stated they were going to put her feelings FIRST. They are worried that some other families will try to force a political marriage.
@sweetlvr4u If they were truly just trying to stop anyone from using her, they wouldn't be looking for candidates, they'd just tell everyone who tries to make a move that she is off-limits for political marriages. Instead, they are basically letting everyone influential make their "offer". They did mention that they would not actually force her, but seeing how spineless she seems here, she might just go along with their "strong suggestion" of getting married without actually being ready.
Nov 16, 2023 11:48 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to delirific
@sweetlvr4u If they were truly just trying to stop anyone from using her, they wouldn't be looking for candidates, they'd just tell everyone who tries to make a move that she is off-limits for political marriages. Instead, they are basically letting everyone influential make their "offer". They did mention that they would not actually force her, but seeing how spineless she seems here, she might just go along with their "strong suggestion" of getting married without actually being ready.
@delirific They are just stopping people who would use her. But it doesn't mean people are going to stop being candidates. They are not necessarily looking for candidates they are just thinking about the future. It is because she is a saint that plays a huge role therefore anyone who marries her has an influence. They are making sure no one is trying to use her in a bad way. The palace can't really stop people from asking her no matter how hard they try (cuz people won't always follow them). She isn't spineless she is just not well experienced in love because she was a workaholic. But she does realize later on who really likes. Now if she really was spineless she would marry someone who she doesn't like. But in reality she is quite stronger than you make think because she knows she is inexperience of love thats why she never thought about it. Obviously at some point of time in her future she may want to get married that is why the palace is thinking about the future and not right now. Now in regards to the marriage proposal (in spoilers)

sweetlvr4uNov 16, 2023 2:07 PM
Nov 16, 2023 2:00 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to sweetlvr4u
@delirific They are just stopping people who would use her. But it doesn't mean people are going to stop being candidates. They are not necessarily looking for candidates they are just thinking about the future. It is because she is a saint that plays a huge role therefore anyone who marries her has an influence. They are making sure no one is trying to use her in a bad way. The palace can't really stop people from asking her no matter how hard they try (cuz people won't always follow them). She isn't spineless she is just not well experienced in love because she was a workaholic. But she does realize later on who really likes. Now if she really was spineless she would marry someone who she doesn't like. But in reality she is quite stronger than you make think because she knows she is inexperience of love thats why she never thought about it. Obviously at some point of time in her future she may want to get married that is why the palace is thinking about the future and not right now. Now in regards to the marriage proposal (in spoilers)

@sweetlvr4u Quotes "there's been talk of ARRANGING a marriage", "the PLAN is only in its infancy" along with keywords "marriage INTERVIEW" and "NOMINATE" used there clearly allude to much more than simply being concerned. If you combine these - they have a plan to arrange a marriage and are nominating candidates for marriage interviews. What she lacks experience in in this case is not love, but self-assertion. You don't need experience with love to tell someone to "stop planning my life behind my back". While it seems true they do not plan to force her to do anything, they seem to have this stupid idea that whatever they plan without consulting her, she will happily go along with.

> Obviously at some point of time in her future she may need to get married
No she doesn't. She may WANT to. She doesn't NEED to, ever. She has enough influence to say no to anything, I can't imagine what could possibly create a situation where she NEEDS to do that to save her life.
Nov 16, 2023 2:25 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to delirific
@sweetlvr4u Quotes "there's been talk of ARRANGING a marriage", "the PLAN is only in its infancy" along with keywords "marriage INTERVIEW" and "NOMINATE" used there clearly allude to much more than simply being concerned. If you combine these - they have a plan to arrange a marriage and are nominating candidates for marriage interviews. What she lacks experience in in this case is not love, but self-assertion. You don't need experience with love to tell someone to "stop planning my life behind my back". While it seems true they do not plan to force her to do anything, they seem to have this stupid idea that whatever they plan without consulting her, she will happily go along with.

> Obviously at some point of time in her future she may need to get married
No she doesn't. She may WANT to. She doesn't NEED to, ever. She has enough influence to say no to anything, I can't imagine what could possibly create a situation where she NEEDS to do that to save her life.
@delirific I mean what do you expect to her to do really, she really had no idea people wanted to get married to her. I'm not saying its not wrong but she doesn't care about or think about it. The idea isn't really stupid its more like a protection. Obviously its wrong to do it without telling her. But they do know she is uncomfortable with the romance area so that is why they decline. I think your reading to much into arranging marriage interviews (because they never actually happen). She can never really get away marriage arranges/proposals since she is in high society. She doesn't happily go along with it; she doesn't seem to care because she doesn't like them. Plus she is more focused on her research so she isn't focused marriage. She wouldn't care about someone she isn't entirely interested in. I'm not saying its entirely right.

>opps I meant may want too. I mean obviously she can't be hiding away from proposal forever of course she can say no. But what she can't stop is people asking her to marry her. She is part of high society and her words will be the final say they said that in this episode. And I never said about saving someones life its just some people never know when to stop. Liz does say this in the episode because she really can't be hiding away forever since she is part of high society.
sweetlvr4uNov 16, 2023 2:31 PM
Nov 16, 2023 2:43 PM
Nov 2023
Reply to delirific
@delirific She doesn't look like a spineless wimp she just really has no experience so she wouldn't know what to do. Yes she doesn't need to know about what love is to say no but she really doesn't care. The anime does lack a lot of chapters they say in the novel. She has more character than she really appears. They never stomp on her feelings they said they would take into account her feelings. They don't decide her life they are talking about it. But it doesn't mean other kingdoms or other people won't arrange a marriage so that is why there had been talks about. They don't treat women badly. They actually do feel really bad about summoning a women from another world. Johan does say she never really has to do anything she doesn't want because they forced her into this world. Even the crown prince feels bad about summoning Aira.
Nov 16, 2023 3:25 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to sweetlvr4u
@delirific I mean what do you expect to her to do really, she really had no idea people wanted to get married to her. I'm not saying its not wrong but she doesn't care about or think about it. The idea isn't really stupid its more like a protection. Obviously its wrong to do it without telling her. But they do know she is uncomfortable with the romance area so that is why they decline. I think your reading to much into arranging marriage interviews (because they never actually happen). She can never really get away marriage arranges/proposals since she is in high society. She doesn't happily go along with it; she doesn't seem to care because she doesn't like them. Plus she is more focused on her research so she isn't focused marriage. She wouldn't care about someone she isn't entirely interested in. I'm not saying its entirely right.

>opps I meant may want too. I mean obviously she can't be hiding away from proposal forever of course she can say no. But what she can't stop is people asking her to marry her. She is part of high society and her words will be the final say they said that in this episode. And I never said about saving someones life its just some people never know when to stop. Liz does say this in the episode because she really can't be hiding away forever since she is part of high society.
@sweetlvr4u Yeah I was just a bit annoyed how this specific episode was framing the whole thing. As you seem to have read the source material, obviously you are explaining this from the perspective of what was really happening, not from the appearance based on this episode alone.

But yea it makes sense that she'd still get proposals, I just want to see the people who care about her to protect her from any pressure associated with the proposals, so she could treat them based on only her own feelings, not having to consider any external factors. Based on what you've been saying, I guess this is how it will go.
Nov 17, 2023 1:24 PM
Feb 2022
Roch2001 said:
@Gl0rp I do hope not because us humans in the real world are hitting the 12k cycle and most scientific evidence across all fields show its time!

Eh? I'm confused by your post. Anyway my meaning is that the miasma thing is winding down so the kingdom does not strictly need a saint anymore. Since she is so very powerfull and the kingdom owes her a grand debt, she basically saved the whole kingdom, they struggle with finding her a place that repays that debt and don't alter the power structure between nations too much.
Nov 17, 2023 6:26 PM

Feb 2021
Politics again...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 18, 2023 2:19 PM

Feb 2012
Can't see anyone than Hawke marrying Sei at this point. The Director is too much like a father.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 20, 2023 1:23 PM
Sep 2022
So far so good, 7.5 overall. Closer to 7 then 8 unfortunately.
Nov 21, 2023 2:36 PM

Feb 2019
pretty slow moving episode with everybody wanting to foist someone to become Sei's future hubby. Johan's a much better man although Albert's not bad either; he's an eye-candy for sure & Sei has a soft spot for him, but I dunno, I think Drewes or Johan would be a much better partner for Sei. Heck, even Jude would be a great future hubby, although I see Jude as more a brother type than hubby type lol
Nov 23, 2023 8:10 AM

Jul 2017
Sei explaining Christmas to Hawke, but as always, she gets too flustered around him.

The monsters are showing up more regularly, which means more subjugations...and on the topic, Sei's marriage proposition. Consider it a fair bit that Elizabeth gave her a warning about Sei's political marriage, and for the daughter of a marquis, she decides to walk her own path, and encourages Aira to do the same as well. The end is near for the monster sibjugation...and as always, Sei's future is always taken into account.

Everyone is in muted meetings about being candidates of Sei's suitor, and for the Hawke family, this is especially important since there is both Albert and Erhart to take the place, but only one can do it. Forget Grand Magus Drewes marrying the Holy Saint, and even for the Valdec family, Johan is a suitor, but he's not entirety suited for her since he knows that she has grown ever since she entered the Institute, and gradually being a part of his life. Of course, this is a political marriage, not that Sei never did give it a thought, but her Holy Saint job is there to keep account of her current fun life.

An interlude episode regardless, but trouble is seeping once again...warranting Sei's help once again.
Nov 24, 2023 6:27 AM

Mar 2010
I don’t like how the Kings are trying to force Sei into marriage after clearing the whole Kingdom of contamination:/ i hope this is dealth with Albert finally making a move! Episode felt faster then the last few!
Nov 28, 2023 5:19 PM
Oct 2016
There's only one person for her...
Nov 29, 2023 2:28 PM
Oct 2015
boring,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dec 2, 2023 4:12 AM
Mar 2019
max cheesy romance but still keeping me interested xD
Jan 22, 4:12 AM

Dec 2020
That random lesbian Yuri moment came outta no where. I swear they were gonna kiss lmao
Apr 26, 4:36 PM

Oct 2023
I wonder what's up with the sound issues in this one. Especially audible in the scene where Lorant Valdec was speaking to Johan; you can hear how much worse the sound quality is when Lorant talks, like they forgot to clean up his seiyuu's initial recording in postprod.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2023

28 by Aggnog »»
May 20, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

104 by White_Alice »»
Apr 27, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2023

26 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 15, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2023

38 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 14, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2023

23 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 6, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.