Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2023 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
Everyone in this show seems to want Luciel's help...

Well one interesting thing about the episode is how we do find out more about the beastmen and their race. Luciel and Lumina also had a good sparring session today. He just never seeks to stop training.
Sep 14, 2023 11:00 AM

Feb 2019
One of the better episodes of this series. Good seeing Monica and Nonaella again, missed them. Luckily for Luciel they’re still not married lol.

So the letters Luciel was sending weren’t being ignored, they just weren’t getting delivered because dude was drunk on the job lmao that’s crazy. Even if he was drunk, the mailman should’ve realised the next day that piles of letters were stacking up.

Well the slum healing operation went well, other than Luciel getting stabbed lol. Still healed everyone despite that setback. His healing magic has really grown impressively over the year or so he’s been in the capital. Hopefully that charm he put on the little girl will help her regain her voice.

Casual Lumina appreciation thread really cute seeing her get flustered considering how composed she is normally lol. Best girl

Using substance X to ward off monsters and fight the boss is such a brilliant idea. It may not be good for human consumption, but it still has its uses! Wonder how things will go on the 50th floor for Luciel and how they’ll wrap the season up next week.
Marinate1016Sep 14, 2023 11:14 AM
Sep 14, 2023 11:28 AM
Sep 2015
He trains exclusively for 6 months and it's still almost not enough to overcome the boss in 40th level, now he's forced to face whatever inside the room in 50th level.

I assume this final challenge could be a proper time to solve the mysterious on why he's still Lv.1
Sep 14, 2023 12:12 PM

Jun 2015
Not going to lie, I loved it. But the last couple of mins felt like im being gaslighted. Beats lvl 40. Cant get out of room. Then is suddenly running through different lvls of dungeon strapped with substance x. But now he is going down levels. Its like, I even rewatched ending to make sure im not crazy. My guess is Crunchy had to take on funi translators because this shit dont make sense.

Edit. unless he never defated 15th floor boss and could move to the next lvls 'inset hands up emoji wtf is going on here'
Roch2001Sep 14, 2023 12:16 PM
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 14, 2023 12:59 PM

Mar 2013
No...! They're skipping a lot of mechanics to finish this series at that point of the story... lol (that's a secret for it's a spoiler)

Anyway they finally show one of the advantages of Substance-X's... it can repel undead for some reason but they skipped the most hilarious part...
They didn't adapt it but

your luck-sensei is working...

P.S. I hope they can fix the lack of frames in the BD and fix most unnatural movements of the characters.
CrazyButNot4USep 14, 2023 1:04 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 14, 2023 4:46 PM

Nov 2019
He's taking too long inside that labyrinth, people above will think he's dead :(
Sep 14, 2023 7:06 PM

Feb 2019
he finally realized that the labyrinth is indeed real and not just some assimilation. it only took a limb and nearly losing his life to believe that it's the real deal lol
Sep 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Nov 2022
I think that substance x stuff is preventing him from levelling up but since he has been using substance x as monster repellant instead of actually drinking it , I think it's effect will stop and he finally level up next episode
Sep 14, 2023 7:55 PM

Jan 2021
excited to see what awaits on the 50th floor
Sep 14, 2023 7:56 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to RawrOMG
I think that substance x stuff is preventing him from levelling up but since he has been using substance x as monster repellant instead of actually drinking it , I think it's effect will stop and he finally level up next episode
@RawrOMG interesting theory, i hope he does and just balls out
Sep 14, 2023 8:37 PM
Apr 2023
It should be illegal to end on a cliffhanger like that (what with reaching the fiftieth "boss door" and then ending the episode there).

I liked the Substance X combat and repellant comedy, and this might be one of the better episodes so far.

Also I'm not sure if the child that Luciel (probably) cured the voice for will end growing up in the medical clinic in that other city, and they'll meet again when she's older (which maybe would seem slightly weird if he met her as a child, and she is then sexualised a bit 😬😬😬😬). Guess that would maybe be if they have a future season anyway.
Sep 14, 2023 9:06 PM

Sep 2018
They have really been milking this "substance X" schlock since it's first appearance, haven't they?
Sep 14, 2023 10:03 PM
Jun 2020
perfect more more
Sep 14, 2023 10:12 PM
Oct 2019
i don't get it. he couldn't exit the 40th floor boss room... but he just magically kept going down to the 50th floor. i was under the impression these boss rooms were off shoots/side rooms of the main passageway

it took him over a year to realize the dungeon wasn't some damage-free training ground... oy vey
Sep 15, 2023 3:13 AM

Jul 2019
At least finally Luciel realized he could actually die on that labyrinth...^^' Oh well, luckily he has grown enough to become strong both physically and mentally to tackle things!
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Sep 15, 2023 3:38 AM

Jul 2017
Luciel dives deep into the dungeons level by level, though a girl comes to him...or otherwise he'll be called a pedo.

St. Weirdo is back at Yenice's Adventurer's Guild, where Nanaella and Monika greets him...just for the ordinary townsfolk to treat him like the second coming of Jesus Christ. The beastfolk little girl on the other hand, has some worry, but no worry is greater than thinking that either receptionist was already on the marriage proposal. The real reason for the beastfolk girl to get help from outside forces, and aside from getting unknowingly attacked from one trying to protect its own folk, Luciel does his best and healed the entire slum area. And sure, the girls gave Luciel a good boost of energy, but the marriage story...was instead from Melina and Mernell, written in the letters that he kept writing, but didn't get a response for, and the latter's the same. Turns out, it's his Master that forgot to send out the letters, and to add insult to injury, thinking that they're both his partners, well...that's going too far. Luciel had the time of his life treating adventurers and partying the way through for 4 days 3 nights before both Nanaella and Monika bade him farewell.

The trouble in St. Shurule with the beastfolk kowtowing in front of Luciel, they really can't thank him enough for his efforts. His daughter Sheila...sad that she is mute, but she still has life together with some blessing from him to regain her voice. Soon, it's back to the real Valkyrie training with Lumina, though he improved the last time she saw him. That said, Lumina trying to talk normally to Luciel, it's out of tough love, and the letter addressed to him about how to deal with the Lvl 40 dungeon boss...is through Substance X, who would've thought. as a barrier of sorts, while dealing damage through his own strength to defeat it.

But as Monster Luck would have it, he's literally stuck in the dungeon, and all monsters flee on the cusp of Substance X, and down to the 50th level he goes to meet its boss.

No way out, only way is down.
Sep 15, 2023 4:56 PM
Jul 2021
This anime is testing my patience!

First he gets stabbed by a guy openly out of his mind and wielding a knife? "No way we could've seen that coming" he says? WHAT. THE. FVCK.? Where did those 9 episodes of training just go and all that magic power he is suppose to have? Where did it go?!

Next we find out he was healing all the adventurers pretty much for free for almost a year and this dumbass motherf good for nothing dwarf couldn't even send a couple of letters? That guy deserved a couple of kicks.

And then they don't even explain what happened to the letters the girls sent him! I was getting ready for a sinister conspiracy about the church trying to keep him away from the adventurers and in the next minute it's already revealed it was just another meaningless brain fart from the author who obviously projected his whole personality into this anime!

And what do they do with their free time together? More work! Triple WOW! Didn't he heal everyone at once with area heal last time? Where do these wounded adventurers keep coming from?! I thought they said they started training and being more careful?!

And he just keeps rolling with "St. Weirdo" without correcting anyone, even the people that barely met him! This p!sses me of beyond words! He does all that hard work for pretty much free and he gets insulted at every turn and does nothing to stop them from calling him that! FFVK off dude!

So far the only good thing about this episode was him healing the good little girl. Too bad the "female pope" didn't find the need to do that! Why should her? I am right?!
Oh, and that Substance X defense surprised me.

He's down to level forty and now he's "starting to suspect this isn't a fake labyrinth" ? Like GTFO Motherfvcker!

My goodness. This shit is getting me furious from how stupid it is. I'd usually drop this long ago, but this stuff keeps pretending like there's going to be something more to it.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 15, 2023 7:18 PM

Aug 2014
Why would he go deeper if he cannot get out?
I liked how he slept while in boss fight :D Wish could do that in games ;d

the part with girls was also nice, but instead of healing they should go somewhere nice, I would like to see some ambiguous situation that would show substance X isn't doing bad things to his sexual desires :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 16, 2023 5:15 AM

Aug 2013
If this doesn't work out hes going to starve to death.
Sep 16, 2023 4:15 PM
Mar 2020
Roch2001 said:
Not going to lie, I loved it. But the last couple of mins felt like im being gaslighted. Beats lvl 40. Cant get out of room. Then is suddenly running through different lvls of dungeon strapped with substance x. But now he is going down levels. Its like, I even rewatched ending to make sure im not crazy. My guess is Crunchy had to take on funi translators because this shit dont make sense.

Edit. unless he never defated 15th floor boss and could move to the next lvls 'inset hands up emoji wtf is going on here'

The doorway he couldnt open was the one going up. I think the ways going down has stairs before the door. Either next episode or episode one of season two tells you why he couldnt open the doorway going up. At least if they were going off of the book.
Sep 16, 2023 10:07 PM

Mar 2008
This episode actually was good. They even had some jokes i actually laughed at when usually they fail so hard.

I get the impression he couldn't leave because he didn't destroy the head. I didn't see the head vanish like the body did and Luceil probably didnt notice. That or there is some sort of timing system where he was down there for too long.
Sep 18, 2023 6:45 PM

Oct 2022
You know something stinks when undead dont even like the smell.
Sep 18, 2023 9:33 PM
Oct 2021
Guild master doesn't send his love letters AND lets him get stabbed! Brod needs to come and straighten this guy out.
Sep 22, 2023 3:33 AM
Jun 2016
I think sleeping during a boss battle is the best!
Feb 23, 11:30 PM

Jul 2023
Making it to the fortieth boss floor luciel retreats to the capitals adventurers guild due to a bad feeling where he suprisingly meets nanaelle and monica again. After "st weirdo" heals adventurers with his receptionist waifus they go to the slums on the pleas of help from a girl. At the slums He heals represenatives of yenice who were attacked by thiefs and helps the residents in the slums. Back at the guild he finds out nanaelle and monica are free for a few nights so they spend the rest of their time together mostly just healing people.

Luciel trains with lumina and the valkyries to prepare for the boss fight which allows him to get a little closer to lumina. After 6 months of training he gains the confidence to face the boss.

The boss this level is a axe+spear weilder skeleton (used to be a captain of the paladins in the past) which luciel finds trouble fighting and out of desperation he pulls out barrels of substance x which to his suprise repulses the boss away. Using the substance x wall as a safe spot he fights, learn, recover in the safe spot repetively for a week until he finally gets the bosses attack pattern down and he finally defeats it. After defeating the boss the exit doesnt open so luciel is forced to go more deep to the labyrinth where he reaches the fiftieth boss floor.

not much going on this episode, wished they couldve build more in the receptionist waifu's visit
RefridgeraterFeb 23, 11:36 PM
May 18, 11:53 PM
Dec 2022
Luciel finally meets the 40th level chamber boss and has a hard time defeating the boss. Then he has to go lower when he can't go back to the surface.
May 26, 3:33 PM

Nov 2019
Did Luciel really try deter the level 40 skeleton boss with the smell of Substance X lol? The stench must transcend senses if it is enough to scare the skeleton away. Luciel sleeping and eating in that corner has got to be the most awkward thing I’ve seen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2023

44 by Karuhun »»
Sep 7, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

80 by RiverRat05 »»
Jul 10, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2023

35 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

27 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2023

36 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.