Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2023 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Man, that tattoed guy is a like freak of nature.

More investigations into murders this episode but I'm glad they kept the episode entertaining with its usual gimmicks. Asirpa herself also made a rather interesting discovery herself. 2 more episodes left and I'm hoping this season make a big impression.
Jun 12, 2023 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
With the Sapporo police breathing down the necks of Lieutenant Tsurumi's men, Asirpa and Co. are also in a hurry to find more tattooed prisoners.

Street peddlers are a nuisance, but so is one tattooed person, and Shiraishi just so happens to stumble onto one with his face mask, which is not in the shape or form of the ones that they are going to find. But Asirpa caught the finicky moment of the peddler mentioning that they would not find the gold, and this spurs her, Sugimoto and Shiraishi to look further. The steamboat ship aside that Sugimoto and Co. is on, it's infested with Boutaro the Pirate's intrusion.

The postman from hell who wields a gun, he's not the MVP, but the Russian guy Vasily instead. What a naval battle as Asirpa boots the postman, while the Pirate faces Sugimoto. The one outlier of the Boss Wakayama, and since Shiraishi is the closest to him, they have a choice to work together to find the gold first, then fight over it. It's interesting how the Pirate and Sugimoto are alike, losing their families to diseases, after Sugimoto a.k.a Saichi lost his father to tuberculosis.

The land of Ebetsu, and what awaits them all?
Jun 12, 2023 9:04 AM
Oct 2016
This group can't even take a simple boat ride down river without something crazy happening. Of course the one steamship they board is the one that this Botaro the Pirate. Whom we've seen a few times before doing his diving into rivers looking for the gold. It is a smart idea to find the first place the gold was hidden since that might lead you further down the trial of where it's at now. Which the gold could be spread throughout multiple rivers to hide it better. Sugimoto, Shiraishi, Asirpa and even Vasili all going down the river to investigate the same murders that Hijikata group and Tsurumi group are since a tattooed criminal is likely behind it. Looks like it's going smoothly until of course this pirate man and his crew has the same idea of searching the rivers. That crazy postman firing his fun wildly was the funniest part of this episode. The old dude having the best thrill of his decades long career. Vasili doing the real shooting but sadly being left behind after the boat roap snapped, I hope he's ok. Shiraishi being good buddies with Botaro definitely helped in this situation so that he could calm him and Sugimoto down from their fight. Always fun to see Sugimoto go ballistic but they need to work together with this guy. Interesting to get some backstory for Sugimoto at the end about his family dying of tuberculosis but him not leaving them. Botaro asking what his own dreams would be at the end of this.
Jun 12, 2023 9:13 AM
Apr 2021
Has the manga for golden kamuy concluded? Cuz I heard the creator working on a brand new series.
Jun 12, 2023 9:20 AM
Sep 2015
They didn't reveal what's better than candy in this episode, and I don't wanna guess...
Jun 12, 2023 9:21 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I wasn’t expecting Botaro to become an ally, he had final boss vibes from the OP (which is still possible) but I’m definitely a fan of him joining our main trio, he’s already proved himself a mad lad by swinging that anchor around and fighting head to head with Sugimoto. I honestly really loved the entire steamboat sequence, I got a kick out of the postman from hell going trigger happy when it was really Vasily getting that feed lol, and it’s also funny that this isn’t even the first scuffle on a boat in this season, but hey boats make things more fun lol.

We also met another wacky character who appeared to be a peddler with tattoos but I think he’s definitely another prisoner, but it’s also possible he’s just another weirdo in this world of weirdos lol. And I wasn’t expecting that Sugimoto backstory this far in the show but I really liked that, the beginning of our boy becoming immortal. And it appears the 7th and Hijikata’s guys are looking for the serial killer, I’m thinking this isn’t gonna end well for either side lol.

And lastly, I loved what I’m pretty sure was an “It” reference with Shiraishi near the beginning lol.
TheColonel76Jun 12, 2023 10:16 AM
Jun 12, 2023 10:13 AM

May 2020
another amazing ep
this was the first ep I've watched of this season after catching up to this last week
cant wait for the next ep

Jun 12, 2023 10:55 AM

May 2020
I doubt that information about tattooed skins being no longer useful, but we'll see. Though for better or worse, Sugimoto and his gang has a new member all of a sudden, and he's that pirate weirdo. Don't trust him a bit, so I won't see any inconveniences down the line with a surprise.

First we saw Sugimoto mentioning anything about his family, and to know he lost them all to TB just shows the kind of disease it was in the past, until we got the medical diagnosis we've today. Must be hard on him, but that's what made him the man he is now.

Also hey they really left that Russian sniper behind? Lol.
Jun 12, 2023 11:03 AM

Nov 2016
I know for a fact that Shiraishi as Pennywise is better than candy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2023 11:04 AM

Feb 2014
I haven't watched IT in a long time, but I immediately recognised the reference when Shiraishi appeared in the gutter to talk to the kid, who wasn't scared whatsoever. XD

Botaro proved himself to be a tough guy, not only swinging the ships anchor like a child's toy, but going toe-to-toe against Sugimoto in a short fight before it ended as a draw. He knows Shiraishi well and gets along with him, while he also feels similarities with Sugimoto after both lost their families to different, but equally nasty diseases. The short flashback with Sugimoto which pushed him to become the "Immortal" man that he is was pretty inspiring.

While Vasily was sadly left behind after the rope attached to the ship got severed, Sugimoto's group gained Botaro as an ally for now. With Ebetsu in sight, I do wonder if Botaro will properly get along with Sugimoto's group. For me, I hope it does for the time being. =)
Jun 12, 2023 11:35 AM
Jun 2021
Whats happening with the show now is the season almost over?
Jun 12, 2023 11:38 AM
Mar 2022
majin_mark505 said:
Has the manga for golden kamuy concluded? Cuz I heard the creator working on a brand new series.

Yes, it concluded a few years ago.
Jun 12, 2023 12:45 PM
Apr 2021
DoctorWho4224 said:
majin_mark505 said:

Ok thanks for the feedback how many more seasons you think there will be till the anime finishes?
Jun 12, 2023 1:22 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
The pirate seems to be a cool guy, looking forward to see more of him. The It reference at the beginning, the idea to incorporate that... awesome haha.
Jun 12, 2023 1:26 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I wasn't expecting a reference from "It" to be in this episode. If what is said about the tattoos being rendered useless, then Sugimoto and the others won't be able to find the Ainu gold.
Jun 12, 2023 2:20 PM

Sep 2016
majin_mark505 said:
DoctorWho4224 said:

Ok thanks for the feedback how many more seasons you think there will be till the anime finishes?
Well April 28 2022, thats not exactly a few years :P
I think they will try to close the remaining chapters in one season.
If they weren't in a hurry with the story, It would be nice if the last chapters were shown in a movie. It would be a very emotional and action-packed movie, and a worthy farewell to the series.
Jun 12, 2023 2:43 PM
Mar 2022
majin_mark505 said:
DoctorWho4224 said:

We are close to the end, maybe one more but it depends on how much they cut and add
Jun 12, 2023 2:43 PM
Mar 2022
Soleks100000 said:
majin_mark505 said:

Well April 28 2022, thats not exactly a few years :P
I think they will try to close the remaining chapters in one season.
If they weren't in a hurry with the story, It would be nice if the last chapters were shown in a movie. It would be a very emotional and action-packed movie, and a worthy farewell to the series.

My bad, I thought it was 2021 hahaha
Jun 12, 2023 4:24 PM
Mar 2015
The Golden Kamuy controls everything
Jun 12, 2023 5:23 PM
Jan 2018
The candy man left Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and ended up here and I am all in his brand of crazy.

I think Vinland Saga took the win over Golden Kamuy this week. But it was a well fought battle.

That unlucky jail guard sure doesn't seem unlucky to me. This episode he dodged death once again and made a profit doing it.
Jun 12, 2023 5:41 PM
Oct 2019
Yeahh Shiraishi as Pennywise LMAO

Finally they meet up with this pirate dude.

The old postman is nuts.
Jun 12, 2023 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
this 4th season feels really slow compared to previous ones, cant say im enjoying it
Jun 12, 2023 6:41 PM

May 2015
Well judging from next week's title, they're not going to cut out Usami's "unique" detective work lol
Jun 12, 2023 7:21 PM
Mar 2019
The Pirate's back.
Everyone is still running around with the endgame in sight.
Jun 12, 2023 8:04 PM

Sep 2018
Another fun episode, but anyone else think the directing has been a little weird these past few episodes?
Jun 12, 2023 8:14 PM

Jan 2022
FMmatron said:

ahhh you caught that, too? I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that scene. It's such a shame that more animes do pop culture references
Jun 13, 2023 6:50 AM

Mar 2014
Shiraishi as pennywise is hilarious as hell
Jun 13, 2023 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Another fun episode, but anyone else think the directing has been a little weird these past few episodes?
The production as a whole has felt a little off since the return after the hiatus, but this episode definitely felt the weirdest and honestly just felt poorly directed to me. Felt like way too much random stuff happening all in one episode and like nothing was given time to breathe or have whatever emotional impact it was gunning for: Sugimoto's backstory and the pirate questioning what his dream was should have been a big moment of reflection, but it didn't get a chance to be due to everything else being crammed in here.

Actually, what was even the point of anything that happened to our main group before they got on the boat, other than to make an It reference? I feel like that whole sequence could have been cut entirely, or at the very least shortened down as much as possible to show Sugimoto and co getting the information they needed to end up on the boat to begin with, so as to give all the chaos on the boat more time to breathe.
Jun 13, 2023 11:38 PM
Feb 2022
After the end of the manga, some topics in this ep have deeper meanings.
Jun 15, 2023 8:22 AM

Oct 2008
if it were me, i would still be cautious and not put all my trust to that Pirate.
another action packed ep!
that postman is so confident of himself! lolz! only to get pushed to the river by Asripa! hahaha!
5/5.

Jun 15, 2023 8:24 AM

May 2015
Didn't expect the It reference.
Jun 19, 2023 12:00 PM
Jan 2017
Wait, isn't this the final season? There are only two episodes left and it doesn't seem close to an end. 
Jun 23, 2023 3:27 AM

Jul 2016
FMmatron said:

I had a huge laugh at this.
Jun 27, 2023 11:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I like that pirate dude. Also was interesting to see more of Sugimoto's backstory regarding his sick family
Jun 28, 2023 12:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Appears in a second and change the ship course!!!! kekeke

The "chichi" crazy postman the best of this episode!!!
Jun 30, 2023 10:01 AM

Jan 2021
I wonder it its the last season. Theres so many issues unresolved and things unknown that couldnt possibly fit in 2 episodes. I REALLY wanna know more about Kiro and I dont want to read manga first.
Jul 5, 2023 8:31 PM

Aug 2019
What a great introduction to Botaro. I saw him in the opening and on the promotional material, but I didn't expect to warm up to him so quickly. He's very likable. Thought he was one of the Ainu though.
Jul 18, 2023 3:46 AM

Aug 2022
That postman is nuts xD
Jul 24, 2023 7:08 PM
May 2020
Great Steamship heist and battle
Aug 14, 2023 12:56 PM

Apr 2018
A new character coming up ! and this one seems very interesting and a good fit to the Team Sagamoto. I'm happy to see someone like him.

And we lost our russian soldier :x ... i think he will appear when the team will suddently meet Ogata again. ( i didn't read the manga i'm just presuming ) ...

If the new guy stay alive at the end of season 4, he will be interesting to watch him in season 5 !
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Apr 4, 4:13 PM

Nov 2020
The postman went crazy xD I didn't expect they would come to an agreement with this convict

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

60 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

94 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

56 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2023

46 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2023

53 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.