Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2023 11:58 PM
Oct 2020
the plot, quite bring me a nostalgia feeling of a old anime
Jan 29, 2023 4:37 AM
Oct 2014
Good episode. I wonder what's gonna happen next.
Jan 29, 2023 5:58 AM

Sep 2020
Very satisfying episode, though she didn't get the position, hope she'll get it next year, and last scene is very nice~
Jan 29, 2023 9:28 AM

Jun 2016
too much sugar from this show !! i might be get diabetic  LOL

Jan 29, 2023 3:23 PM

Nov 2013
after saving her from the wolves, he tried to confort her... but she was too angry/sad from losing her work that she literally just gave him his wing and said he can leave

i dont think either of them wanted it to end like that tho, so they will continue together

Anne gave birth to a fairy, from a blueberry lol fun fact that she already has a name...
Challe giving her a warning to not go near humans, he knows the deal
surprised the fairy didn't want to stay with them tho

Challe staying for the promissed sugar candy, i'm sure that's just an excuse and that he feels bad for her since she didnt manage to finish her goal
she went right into it but... beware of dirty clothes lol

oh, is she making one based on the blueberry fairy?
having returned his wing as promissed, he accepted to be her friend and even let her touch the wing, how cute

if they rush now, they can stillreach the competition in time, and this time, with an original piece, one that will not lose to the stolen art that she made before
even if she doesn't win the competition, can't wait to see jonas face after she beats him
(yes, jonas doesn't even deserve a capital letter lol)

the way they entered sure was crazy, they were lucky Hugh was there

so they noticed both Anne and jonas pieces were made by the same person, and they prefered Anne piece ... but gave the win to jonas cause it was much bigger
but...what is this, Mithril ate a full barrel worth of sugar LOL

hahaha how low can jonas go, even attacking Anne and saying shit like she was the one who stole his work lmao
yeah let's see you make a new piece in front of the king now LOL i hope he gets thrown into jail after he loses

jonas butterfly wasn't even worth looking at, but meanwhile Anne made one that was a lot better than the original one, but that also means it's not the same
therefore (Wtf?), there's no winner... i have no idea what's even happening lol
guess she will need to come again next year, a wish from the queen

meanwhile... what to do with jonas? ask him to stand up, just so she can slap him back down LOL not bad at all... but i expected more

lastly, Challe doesn't want that sugar candy, he wants to wait until she is a true silver sugar artist, which will take at least another year, meanwhile he won't go anywhere
(i like how he keeps making up reasons to stay with her)
the smile... the grab + hand kiss, they are sticking together lol
and Mithril is back now, an apology is given ... and explaining that he was always hiding in her carriage and never left, wtf wasn't expecting that lol he will follow her forever and ever as well (even if that means we need to hear his voice every episode...)

well apart from the random fact that there was no real winner (even if it's obvious Anne won, they just made a dumb excuse), this episode was easily one of the best of all the anime so far this season
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 29, 2023 7:05 PM

Jun 2014
So, to explain things further. 

Jonas was in a position to become the next maestro of the Radcliffe workshop (1 of 3 large factions of candy crafters - other 2 are Mercury & Paige) - but in order for that to happen, he had to become a Silver Sugar Master first. He had failed to become one in the previous 2 years. He must have been worrying about his future when a sick and helpless Silver Sugar Master and her daughter fell into his lap. He had decided to put them to use.

1) First he had stolen into Emma and Anne's wagon and plagiarized Emma's candy designs. But even with those designs, he'd been incapable of making the candy to his satisfaction. 2) That's why he proposed to Anne, to coax her into making sugar candy for him so he can get the title of Silver Sugar Master. But she din't want to marry him. 3) Then he had the idea of stealing Anne's candy and entering it as his own creation for the Royal Candy Fair. THE PEOPLE OF THE ANDERS HOUSEHOLD HAD FULLY SUPPORTED THIS PLAN. Jonas' parents had provied him with a wagon and boyguards for his sheme. If their son became the maestro of the Radcliffe Workshop, it would bring great prosperity to the whole Anders family.

Since Jonas stole the sugar Anne needed to make the candy sculpture, she had to make more from sugar apples. But before she could finish refining silver sugar, Jonas stole her candy and left. Jonas had brought the silver sugar that he stole back into Anne's wagon unter the guise of bringing her an empty barrel (back in episode 3). Doing so, he could steal the candy along with the wagon the moment it was finished - and he would have 3 full barrels of silver sugar to present to the king. 

Anne was left with 5 barrels full of silver sugar in Jonas' wagon, so she had enough sugar, but she didn't have enough time to make another large sugar sculpture. The requirement to win the Royal Medal is to make something large and flashy to serve as a centerpiece for the festival (which is why the queen warned the king not to choose Anne, because even if Anne has the skill to make a pretty small piece of candy, it remains a question whether she has the ability to create something sizable. The queen told the king he ought to consider what qualities make someone worthy of the title Silver Sugar Master). 
SailorVekiJan 29, 2023 7:09 PM
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jan 29, 2023 7:42 PM

Apr 2013
This episode felt fast paced ngl.
Jan 29, 2023 8:23 PM

Jun 2014
About Challe protecting Anne from wolves... He hadn't followed her orders, not once. He had saved her from danger several times on their journey for no other reason than the fact that she posessed his wing. If she got hurt, so would it. As a result, he had no choice but to protect her. However, when the wolves had sprung at her this time, his body had moved instantly to shield Anne (he forgot about his wing).

About Challe coming back to Anne after he left when she gave him back his wing... He had obtained his freedom but didn't feel happy about it. It's because he had never listened to any of Anne's orders and from the moment Anne had purchased him, he'd already achived his freedom. All that had happened was his wing had changed hands. Now he was free to choose where to go and what to do. But Challe had nothing he had to protect and nowhere he had to go. Then, he felt an owerwhelming longing for warmth - which he had felt while he was with Anne. So he returned to her.

About why the berry fairy knew her name...  Challe: "You know everything that the berry from which you were birthed knows. The echo of the energy that surrounds the berry turned into a sound and became your name." (BTW, fairies are born when the energy of something condenses and takes form - which happens when a living being stares at something for some time.)

About the little fairy candy Anne made for Challe... The candy sculpture that Anne created for the Royal Candy Fair had been impressive and a fine showpiece. But it had been 1 of her mom's designs. It had conveyed none of Anne's feelings. It was just an imitation. Something she found trully beautiful and desired to capture in sugar - using that as her inspiration, she had create a compelling, captivating piece of candy for the 1st time. She made it for Challe's sake, because he came back to her, even if it was for a short while (she thought he would leave when she gave him the candy she promissed him).

About why Jonas didn't want to admit he stole Anne's sculpture even when the king and Hugh saw that Anne's butterfly is similar to the one on the sculpture and Jonas' butttefly is laughable... If it was proven that Jonas had taken credit for someone else's work, he would be guilty of attempting to deceive the king. That was a capital offense, and he might even be beheaded.

About why Anne didn't get the Royal Medal... The king asked Jonas and Anne if they are lying, and they both said they weren't. Then the king said "if neither of you is lying, then I really don't know what to do. And without any evidence, I can't make a proper judgment. I can't bestow glory on either of you." (That's because Anne's butterfly was better than the one on the statue and Jonas' butterfly was far worse.)

About Jonas' punishment... The Earl of Downing (the old man) said to Hugh he is leaving Jonas' fate up to him because Hugh is the Silver Sugar Viscount - he may do as he sees fit. Hugh then asked Anne what she wanted to do. He said that he is not inclined to be as kind as the king, he's got no problem lopping off the head of one measly candy crafter. But Anne was sattisfied with giving Jonas one good smack (they overdid that in the anime, though, lol). 

About why Anne had been fixated on becoming the Silver Sugar Master THIS year... Because she missed her mother so much, she had been consumed with the idea of giving Emma a proper send-off to the next life (by becoming a Silver Sugar Master and then making a candy for her mom). She had been desperately chasing that goal to avoid having to confront her sadness and loneliness. But thanks to Challe who had returned to her, she felt like she was finally able to accept Emma's death. Somewhere in the world, even if just for a moment, someone had cared about Anne. That alone made her feel like she could keep living. Now Anne felt like she could pursue her own dream. Her dream of becoming a Silver Sugar Master. A future she chose for herself and not for her mother's sake. She's feeling motivated now and it's because of Challe.

About Challe's kiss on her fingers... He did it tenderly - it was as if he was swearing some sort of vow. Anne felt a surge of affection unlike any she had experienced before. It was somewhat different from the fondness one feels for their friends. It was probably the feeling of 1st love.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jan 30, 2023 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
Ohh wow that was hot

Jan 31, 2023 3:03 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Love seeing their chemistry this episode. Feels a bit weird bc we're basically caught up with the first volume considering this is a short season, but very excited for the next episode.

Not her getting to stroke his fairy wing the equivalent of his heart...and has the sensory equivalent of... :guraAvert:

Also, really like the slight change up in animation this episode. A little bit more bouncy in the nods.
Jan 31, 2023 8:15 PM

Aug 2017
Wasn’t it supposed to be a 12 episodes season? Why did it sound so much like a final episode? We’ll go a year forward now or?
Feb 1, 2023 6:40 AM
Aug 2022
Best episode yet.
Great character development.
Man, I shouted 'Yes, that's what you deserve,a load on the earth, dirtbag bastard', when Anne slapped him.

Ah!
I was satisfied.
Feb 3, 2023 12:34 AM
Jan 2023
Only thing that sucks this episode is seeing jonas alive
Feb 4, 2023 12:56 PM

Jun 2015
That quite literally could of been a season ending. And we only on eps 4! He hasnt even bothered attaching his other wing because our main MC fairy looks to be having a lot of fun with our best girl creating more and more sugar confectioneries!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 4, 2023 1:01 PM

Jun 2015
Kevin-xc said:
The story of this show is fucking stupid, both the king and the viscount obviously fcking knew Anne was the creator of Jonas piece but decided not to give her the award bc she got better so "her creation isn't like the other one, she must not be the one that made it hehe" like why tf wouldn't they give her the award if they 1. Knew Anne was the original creator and 2. were willing to give it to Jonas at first
It's just dumb storytelling as an excuse to make Anne and shall be still together
Oh and I almost forgot, Jonas could have killed Anne and his punishment is a slap? Really? :|

Fear not youngling, you have much to learn about anime. Watch enough and it will make more sense. I'll give you a pass as all my hololive girls fill up your best characters. I respect that
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 5, 2023 4:49 AM
Nov 2011
Exceeding your own limits, sometimes means leaving behind who you were before, hard lesson for Anne.

It was clear that Hugh I think his name was new who's work it really was, but would you want to be acknowledged as master with a far inferrior work?  I think this is going to be good For Anne in the long run.
VeretaxFeb 5, 2023 4:52 AM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 5, 2023 10:19 PM

Mar 2013
That slap was so satisfying.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 12, 2023 4:57 AM

Sep 2010
Wow, a lot happened this episode! It's too bad about the Royal Candy Fair having no winner for the year. At least Anne got to slap Jonas AND befriend Challe in the end.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Feb 17, 2023 10:21 PM
Sep 2020
That was such a good ep ! (minus jonas appearing in it >:( )

Even tho Anne didn't win, I am glad she was still able to join the competition and still give it a shot. Serves Jonas right that he got called out and embarrassed. Deserved that slap too! Oh my gosh, is Anna and Challe actually going to become a thing?! :O Overall a happy ending to what Anna had to endure ( ˙꒳​˙ )
Mar 3, 2023 3:04 PM

Dec 2018
good god, jonas what a piece of human excrement! mythril playing the typical rogue-like character and surprising everyone. i mean theft, fraud, and attempted murder and all he got was a slap? come on man, jonas deserves worse.
Mar 5, 2023 10:03 PM
Jun 2020
Mar 9, 2023 7:49 AM

May 2015
That was a great episode!

I left this series for a long time cause I was expecting it to be very drama filled next few episodes so wanted to binge it but luckily it seemed like a one time short drama. I'm so glad she didnt forgive him with some typical thing like "Improve your skills and challenge me next year" but instead gave him a good slap. That was satisfying. 

This series really does give the Snow White with the Red Hair/fairy tale vibes and I love it. This romance is gonna be wholesome and full of sugar.

I love the fact that Anne mother is technically the one who won the contest since it was Anne copying her mother. So in a way she achieved her goal. 

P.S I want that fairy sugar figure lol. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 25, 2023 5:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Jonas got what he deserved, a good slap in the face, I hope that next time she'll win, at least now she has Challe and Mithril with her
Mar 27, 2023 12:00 AM

Jul 2021
bruh what? why didn't they select anne? wtf?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 16, 2023 6:48 AM

Sep 2012
TsutanaiFuun said:
she was suppose to recreate her work not to attempt to improve it, if its not 100% same they can't declare winner its the freaking rules  
Apr 16, 2023 9:17 AM

Jul 2021
Sugram22 said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
she was suppose to recreate her work not to attempt to improve it, if its not 100% same they can't declare winner its the freaking rules  
dumbest rule ever. just a  plot armour to continue the fairy and the girl's relationship for another year.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 16, 2023 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
TsutanaiFuun said:
Sugram22 said:
dumbest rule ever. just a  plot armour to continue the fairy and the girl's relationship for another year.
competition rules in real life are as strict with art/craft, if u want to improve to it in next competition but if they half to determine who stole from who u need to make 100% same

Apr 16, 2023 11:09 AM

Jul 2021
Sugram22 said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
competition rules in real life are as strict with art/craft, if u want to improve to it in next competition but if they half to determine who stole from who u need to make 100% same

oh i see. then it makes sense but still i knew they could tell the girl made it but they just delibrately cancelled the whole competition :/

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 1, 2023 5:45 AM
Feb 2022
Lovely episode!
Nice to see main characters getting along.
Jul 16, 2023 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
Together with Ann we got to witness how a fairy is born :o Challe entering the scene like nothing was kind of funny.
Was feeling very mushy during the scenes of Challe supporting Ann, very cute!!! (⸝⸝ᵕᴗᵕ⸝⸝)
Challe doing a tsundere turn away/saying the creation "Looks bad" haha he'll stay and wait with her :DDD
I was so happy to see Mythril YAY so he was in the carriage the whole time. Though his timing in the penultimate scene is a bit... ww
Jul 22, 2023 12:38 AM

Jul 2023
ok this episode i like it
Aug 24, 2023 6:30 PM
Mar 2018
How lovely seeing Shall expressing how he feels about Ann in many different moments during this episode! I'm glad the theft got all cleqared up althought I feel like the punishment jonas received wasn't enough at all. I'm not quite sure what Mercury and teh King where up to, when they just didn't declare a winner although they knew Ann amde both pieces... but maybe they wanted her to grow a bit more and develope her own style even more so she can achieve greater things.. we'll see!
Sep 3, 2023 6:35 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Damn that slap was truly brutal.

I think it was a bit bogus they delayed her win just because she didn't make it exact but improved. OKAY I GUESS.

Not sure where we're going for the next year but I guess we'll be training.
Sep 22, 2023 2:34 AM

Jul 2015
Great outcome concerning Jonas getting humiliated with the satisfying slap being the cherry on top. Although I'm a bit pissed Ann got robbed from her victory but I guess the story would've ended otherwise too soon then.

Oct 5, 2023 8:28 PM

Jun 2014
Ann's technique has continued to improve, but unfortunately, there was no winner, but that won't stop her from coming back next year.

Also, good on Ann for slapping Jonas in the face! To be honest, he deserved much worse, especially considering that he tried to kill her. Hopefully, we've seen the last of him.

The bond between Ann and Shall grows deeper. Shall is definitely attracted to Ann, and she feels the same way, although she hasn't fully come to terms with it.

Oct 24, 2023 1:41 PM
Apr 2018
Wykurwiste w chuj
Nov 14, 2023 5:40 AM

Mar 2011
Part of this episode I was simply grinning, the other part I was busy being mad at Jonas. He really deserved the slap (if you think about it he got off easy for trying to KILL Anne).

A lot happened... Anne kept her promise and released Challe, giving him his wings back but she also evolved with her work. This year she couldn't win the competition but I'm sure she will next time. (Also I kind of liked Mythril in this episode and if it was just for bugging Jonas).

Nice to see Challe and Anne becoming friends. I'm really excited to see how their dynamics change from now on.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Dec 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Aug 2017
Glad Jonas did a heel turn, show seems better that way.

Loving the cute waltz OP. I don't watch a lot of shoujo, but I am liking the show quite a bit.

TsutanaiFuun said:

Show would end too soon. Need to prolong it.
CarbonMDDec 5, 2023 7:22 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

167 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

89 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

127 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.