Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 19, 2023 5:12 AM

Sep 2010
Piromysl said:
LostSpectre said:
@StopShot I really don't agree with the notion that if you're comfortable with your sex/gender that you would automatically be miserable if you somehow ended up in this situation. I feel like people with more conservative viewpoints on gender roles, higher levels of sexism and homophobia, etc. would be the people immediately freaking out, even if they knew the change was just temporary. Like, if I knew it wasn't permanent I think I could manage easy enough, but I wouldn't act super feminine for no reason, I'd get a haircut and dress low key. The biggest obstacle would obviously be in terms of anatomy, that would be a mindfuck, but I wouldn't be overly insecure about having sex as a female, etc. 
The thing is, Mahiro WAS miserable as a NEET, so you could even turn him into a dog and he wouldn't complain (too much), because alternative of him returning to NEET ways is just worse. At that time he was at the very bottom. I can tell you from personal experience, that as a recovered NEET with 2 years experience, being in such situation is completely different what is usually portrayed. Those people are completely aware of being a failure, being a burden on society and family, have non existent self-esteem and motivation, which makes it harder for them to pull themselves up and even are anxious, that their parent will walk in any moment and kick them out of the house, amongst other things. It is NOT sunshine and rainbows and completely strips mental health. This is the situation Mahiro was in, so when his sister offered him something that looks like a fresh start, he obliged.
I'm positive, that if Mahiro was a productive member of society, his reaction would be vastly different and most people seem to agree that her methods of helping her brother (if that even is her goal), are nothing short of messed up.
Anyway, if it turns out, that Mihari is exploiting Mahiro's mental state for her experiments and amusement, then foreshadowing is there, because even in this episode she was seemingly manipulating him into not reclaiming his masculinity.

@ StopShot 
There's no need to write a wall of text just to say, that some people project themselves on him.
Just like I can do the same with how Mahiro perfectly represent how male mental health is not being taken seriously and played for laughs.
That's your experience, however Mahiro did not appear to be taking the NEET life quite that hard, at least from what I've seen so far. Him calling himself a "home security guard" suggests he became somewhat content to stay at home, drifting through life as a young man, and being turned into a girl didn't really change that attitude toward drifting through life.
I'm not seeing much manipulation from Mihari in getting Mahiro to act girly, aside from supplying him with only girly clothing. It seems to mostly be coming naturally to Mahiro.

TsutanaiFuun said:
and i also wonder what kind of brain activity made miharu think that changing his gender would help him become better. i get the "fresh start" thing but if she really wanted to help him she could have turned him into a little boy and i think that would have been even more beneficial.
Probably working on the assumption that girls are much more sociable than boys, so he's more likely to get more in-person interaction with other people as a girl than as a boy.
Jan 19, 2023 5:22 AM

Jul 2015
Takata said:
Piromysl said:
The thing is, Mahiro WAS miserable as a NEET, so you could even turn him into a dog and he wouldn't complain (too much), because alternative of him returning to NEET ways is just worse. At that time he was at the very bottom. I can tell you from personal experience, that as a recovered NEET with 2 years experience, being in such situation is completely different what is usually portrayed. Those people are completely aware of being a failure, being a burden on society and family, have non existent self-esteem and motivation, which makes it harder for them to pull themselves up and even are anxious, that their parent will walk in any moment and kick them out of the house, amongst other things. It is NOT sunshine and rainbows and completely strips mental health. This is the situation Mahiro was in, so when his sister offered him something that looks like a fresh start, he obliged.
I'm positive, that if Mahiro was a productive member of society, his reaction would be vastly different and most people seem to agree that her methods of helping her brother (if that even is her goal), are nothing short of messed up.
Anyway, if it turns out, that Mihari is exploiting Mahiro's mental state for her experiments and amusement, then foreshadowing is there, because even in this episode she was seemingly manipulating him into not reclaiming his masculinity.

@ StopShot 
There's no need to write a wall of text just to say, that some people project themselves on him.
Just like I can do the same with how Mahiro perfectly represent how male mental health is not being taken seriously and played for laughs.
That's your experience, however Mahiro did not appear to be taking the NEET life quite that hard, at least from what I've seen so far. Him calling himself a "home security guard" suggests he became somewhat content to stay at home, drifting through life as a young man, and being turned into a girl didn't really change that attitude toward drifting through life.
I'm not seeing much manipulation from Mihari in getting Mahiro to act girly, aside from supplying him with only girly clothing. It seems to mostly be coming naturally to Mahiro.

TsutanaiFuun said:
and i also wonder what kind of brain activity made miharu think that changing his gender would help him become better. i get the "fresh start" thing but if she really wanted to help him she could have turned him into a little boy and i think that would have been even more beneficial.
Probably working on the assumption that girls are much more sociable than boys, so he's more likely to get more in-person interaction with other people as a girl than as a boy.

LoL bruh. Literally entire reason he became a NEET is because he was miserable and felt inferior to his younger sister.
It is ludicrous to say that he was content in that state.
And her subtle manipulation wasn't really that subtle. She literally told him in the face that he should not try being masculine.
PiromyslJan 19, 2023 5:25 AM

Jan 19, 2023 5:51 AM

Sep 2010
Piromysl said:
LoL bruh. Literally entire reason he became a NEET is because he was miserable and felt inferior to his younger sister.
And her subtle manipulation wasn't really that subtle. She literally told him in the face that he should not try being masculine.
Well maybe he was less than content with the NEET life, but if this anime wanted to depict someone at "rock bottom" mental health, it would have to give Mahiro a much more depressive attitude (and I can think of at least 2 other anime which get closer to that). (I think it's next episode he comes to a sudden realization he's sort of "trash" for staying at home while Mihari works to support him.)

-and I wouldn't even call that manipulation, just a suggestion (which he is seemingly going to just ignore).
Jan 19, 2023 5:56 AM

Sep 2008
really enjoyable, it definitely worth watching
Jan 19, 2023 6:09 AM

Jul 2015
Takata said:
Piromysl said:
Well maybe he was less than content with the NEET life, but if this anime wanted to depict someone at "rock bottom" mental health, it would have to give Mahiro a much more depressive attitude (and I can think of at least 2 other anime which get closer to that). (I think it's next episode he comes to a sudden realization he's sort of "trash" for staying at home while Mihari works to support him.)

-and I wouldn't even call that manipulation, just a suggestion (which he is seemingly going to just ignore).

Foreshadowing about his sister being manipulative is there. People seem to agree, that her methods are at least very questionable. I honestly hope it won't turn out how I expect it, but I guess we'll see.

Jan 19, 2023 6:11 AM
Jan 2017
its just me or the Brightness of this anime is too high,, i cant see the color of animation and making my eyes hurt so much coz its sharp,,
i dont know its just animation style or they mean to crushed my eyes with this high brigness,, 
i cant stay any longer to watching more episode of this,, weekly torture bye,,
Dropped this Anime already 1/10
Jan 19, 2023 7:43 AM
Nov 2019
And so the transexual anime continues
Jan 19, 2023 9:47 AM
Oct 2013
Relaxing episode with cute moments, didn't expect to like it at all.
Jan 22, 2023 1:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This is the best-looking anime of the season

for me. Movement, check, relatively-speaking-unique-art-style, check, detailed, check, Studio Bind, check

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 24, 2023 1:24 PM

Nov 2009
KAWAII dress ups, lol

Wish I could just lounge around and play game all day long while dressing up in cute outfits.

And a period huh... Mihari should just explain it to Onii-chan right at the beginning instead of trying to bash it around until way later.

Tho still interesting that a lot of ppls doesn't know what a period is or the symptom of it. Too bad schools health education in any part of the world doesn't teach about this stuff... they only teach you about sex stuff... most girls had to literally learn it from their mothers, and if they don't have one, they have to figure it out themselves. And boys are kept in the dark and doesn't know how to respond until it's too late.

(tho part of the reason is cause of "helicopter parents" that pressured schools world wide to keep the education off... and the reason for helicopter parents is cause these parents were raised to think like that by even older helicopter parents... so it's just a giant chain that'll never end.)
amlgJan 24, 2023 1:38 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 25, 2023 3:01 AM
Jan 2020
I want to become an imouto and be sus
Jan 26, 2023 5:30 PM
Dec 2022
Ooh one of the hardest things a gender-bent man has to face... being in the bath/bathroom. I knew girl hair is more delicate to clean and dry so I can see how hard it would've been for him. Mihair's face looked crazy after being called "Onee-chan", some girls must really love to become an older sister haha. The fact he's getting used to his girl body through body-language is pretty natural, but it was the first time I saw a gender-bent guy experience their period. Then again Mahiro girl form is pretty young than the others. The way to understand what girls go through.😅
Jan 28, 2023 2:49 AM
Oct 2022
so cuteee and it's made me felt comfortable :DD
Jan 28, 2023 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
Excelent adaptation
Jan 28, 2023 8:35 PM
May 2019
poor art quality and wired boob size
Feb 3, 2023 6:35 AM
Feb 2020
Studio bind is really doing great. poor Mahiro, cramps really are the worst.
Feb 5, 2023 2:00 AM

Oct 2018
The comedic timing continues to be great and the episode was even stronger than the previous one. 

Yonemai End Card
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Feb 10, 2023 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Oh wow, so much has happened one episode. I'm also starting to forget that Mahiro is a test subject. Also, Mahiro's first menstruation!!
Feb 10, 2023 10:02 PM

Jul 2019
Looks like Mahiro is starting to get used to being a girl. I wonder if he'll turn back into a guy? (Probably not.)
Feb 11, 2023 12:28 AM
Aug 2021
really wholesome
Feb 14, 2023 10:30 AM
Nov 2019
this is kinda soothing some reason !
Feb 18, 2023 4:30 AM
Jan 2023
it is better in the manga...
Feb 18, 2023 4:30 AM
Jan 2023
it is better in the manga...
Feb 18, 2023 1:11 PM

Apr 2016
2 episodes in and I've never watched something this cute before.
Feb 22, 2023 1:47 AM

May 2010
Geeljire said:
Also the OP song lyrics mention queer but I don't see what this has to do with queer or LGBT since it's not trans but straight up genderbender and biologically becoming the other gender...
If you have the file I'm thinking about, the OP translation there is fanmade and rather loose.
Mar 4, 2023 5:32 AM

Dec 2020
starting to like this more and more, the op went even harder the 2nd time around.

lots of cute scenes and im still loving the art style !! i think its great they involved the stuff about periods, i think ive only seen a total of 2 anime talk about menstruation. i dont see why people are annoyed by it either lol its normal. typical male behavior tho.

excited for the next ep im hoping to binge the rest
Mar 12, 2023 11:50 PM

Jan 2017
Scratch that on getting Mihari's gend-bend drug, periods look like it hurt from Mahiro's POV

also it's been a month already where the heck are their parents lmao
Mar 20, 2023 3:02 PM
Oct 2013
it should go darker wirh its plot and story.
Mar 27, 2023 10:53 AM

Aug 2019
the public path being filled with old women was hilarious :D thne doing cute poses.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2023 9:00 AM
Apr 2021
i like it vary mach
Apr 16, 2023 10:56 PM

Oct 2022
This show is so cute. They are funny together lol. This show caught me off guard with how wholesome it is.

May 6, 2023 1:35 PM
May 2021
This anime is a cool concept and it's really funny so far.
May 29, 2023 2:06 AM
May 2023
Nunggu s2 moga Rilis thn 2023
Jun 6, 2023 6:29 PM

Feb 2015
DreadfulControl said:
Piromysl said:

This is something Matt Walsh would say, yet Twitter somehow sees "trans representation" in this.
And yeah, this conformism is really off putting.
Well, Mahiro is technically a transgender right now
No. He has been magically transformed into a proper woman. The period scene should have been the last hint that this isn't a confused man who pretends to be a woman. Just accept that it's plot magic and it makes sense.
It's just that his soul, character, and habits are still male.

Funny premise overall. Target audience represented by the sister. Promises lots of cute/perverted stuff.

Chance of the anime to be misunderstood by the unhinged LGBT crowd in the West is 99.999%
Jun 22, 2023 9:51 AM
Dec 2022
It was an okay level
Jun 30, 2023 1:31 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah yes Time of the Month. Regret your little exercise there, eh, Mahiro? Also, yes, their sweet past time got revealed, still remembering the golden time, oniichan? Mihari showed more expression here more than just supervising her nii, i kinda like her better here. Lol at her rage tho. But to what extend?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 3, 2023 1:38 PM
Feb 2023
Pretty good episode!
Aug 4, 2023 1:43 PM
Dec 2019
love mahiro so much
Aug 16, 2023 5:52 AM

Jul 2022
lmao I thought she was Pregnant due to self-fertilization, but it turns out to be a Period.
Dec 8, 2023 1:01 PM
Feb 2018
Very cute! Loved the way the topics were handled. Very cute, innocent sibling time.
Dec 10, 2023 3:52 AM
Nov 2023
Mihari, put something in my meal as well that would turn me into a girl!
Dec 14, 2023 2:41 PM

Apr 2013
So far this is pretty mid, but the animation is actually really good.
Jan 7, 11:43 PM
Sep 2023
Thank you Studio Bind for taking this manga and adapting it beautifully. Animation is very good, opening and ending are bangers, and seiyuu’s do their job perfectly.
Mar 8, 6:22 PM
Jul 2022
my egg cracked even more
Mar 11, 5:58 AM
Apr 2021
My god man the animation is really just eye candy at this point I love it, imma try not to comment on the animation on every episode it’s just that Studio Bind is doing their second ever show justice I applaud them😫👏🏽🔥

Aw hell nahhhhhh my boy realized he’s got a monthly subscription to having periods like fam not a single guy on this very earth wants to have periods so I feel for Mahiro man that’s gotta unpleasant to deal with at least he has Mihari to help deal with it😭😭😭

I noticed the both of them are getting closer as siblings which is nice to see bc ik Mihari wants to get closer to him (+ she drugged him and turned him into a boy💀)

I love the ending song it’s so cute and catchy I love the background singers in the beginning of the song🔥🥰
Treyv0nMar 11, 6:10 AM
May 17, 1:20 PM
Dec 2017
Does the sister humming the Hentai Ouji opening song at the beginning?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

247 by akihikosama »»
Jun 15, 11:30 PM

» I love Asahi!

BigBoyAdvance - Feb 7

21 by MusicLeaf »»
Jun 4, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

125 by ReliaOrSmth »»
Jun 3, 5:38 AM

Poll: » did this show get you excited

weeaboo5008 - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Who do you like the most? (Favorite/best girl poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Mar 18, 2023

31 by ViviTNT64 »»
Mar 20, 1:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.