Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2022 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
Bilibiili Global has streaming rights far earlier than the TV broadcast.

OST is OK, and this is what I've expected of the usual decent Yumeta Company X Graphinica collab project. A CGDCT idol (or more like VA) show.

This is yet another Liber Entertainment show (of which some have sprouted over the years like A3! and I★Chu), where the mobage is a simulation game where players can train up-and-coming voice actors. And for a premiere episode, yep, this is pretty much what I've seen in this show: an idol training simulator with agency AiRBLUE training rookies to become professional VAs.

Being a Liber Entertainment adaptation, this means yet another huge cast of characters (which I honestly don't care for), and this is fine since I've already watched both A3! and I★Chu to know the usual shtick. Funnily enough, the VAs voicing the many girls here are indeed rookies, some of them which had already made their mark before this came around (especially those in the idol music group DIALOGUE+, of which AiRBLUE songs originate from) which I can recognize.

All in all, this is a CGDCT through and through, and most won't enjoy this being a mobage adaptation. How many times does Liber Entertainment wanna try?

EDIT: This is going for a 2-cour, which was the biggest surprise. Not gonna have expectations, but just streaming along for this.
KANLen09Jan 7, 2022 8:40 AM
Jan 6, 2022 3:02 PM
Jan 2012
I wonder why Rinne only appeared at the end of the episode. Isn't she supposed to be one of the AiRBLUE rookies?
Jan 6, 2022 11:06 PM

Feb 2020
This is like a combo of Sore ga Seiyuu! and Girlfriend (Kari). The cast is pretty huge, but I don't mind.

Such a cute and wholesome show. :3

Mei and Rie's outfits. <3

SerafosJan 8, 2022 11:43 AM
Jan 7, 2022 2:54 AM

Jul 2021
I didn't expect it to be this good lol. Seems like an interesting and fun show.
Jan 7, 2022 5:46 AM
Jan 2020
An Anime about Voice Acting? Is this rare or something? Seems kinda nice so far.

I guess.. I'm gonna try watching everything from this season excluding the sequels that I haven't watched.
Jan 7, 2022 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
My question
Now if they make an Anime with the guys, will people watch it?
I know it's an all girls cast about "Voice Acting"
I want some decentness. Where the anime is quite serious about what they are doing.
Hope this doesn't become like another mediocre anime. Last season "Selection Project" was the same. Using a same plot, But the some music's was pretty good. A disappointment.
Jan 7, 2022 8:22 AM

Jul 2021
This was a really great episode. The premise is something new, we will see the lives of aspiring voice actresses.

Got kinda overwhelmed by seeing so many kawai girls at once xD

Seems like Haruna chan is our MC, she's really cute.

The performance by Maika and Haruna was really good, I got a little teary-eyed too lol.

I'm really happy we are getting so many cute-girl comfy SoL animes this season, I'm already watching World of Leadale, Slow loop and Cue!. There is Takagi san, My dress up darling and many more yet to start airing too. As a hardcore SoL fan I'm loving Winter 2022.

This anime was successful in catching my eye, it was very interesting to watch, enjoyed every minute of it and loved it. I'm already gonna rate this 8/10 and feels like this has a potential of getting 10/10 for me. Let's see.

Really looking forward to next episode.
TsutanaiFuunJan 7, 2022 8:29 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 7, 2022 12:19 PM

Aug 2021
wow a show based on Seijuu's training and daily life :O
Great start! Lots of cute girls!!
Hope they passes the audition!
Gotta appreciate all the Seiyuu's tbh for all the hardwork they do to make a series interesting.
Jan 7, 2022 1:09 PM
Oct 2020
They took Hamlet's famous monologue and made it into a scene between Hamlet and Ophelia. I lost my mind after that and could no longer focus on the anime.
Jan 7, 2022 1:26 PM

Oct 2014
Oh animation still looks like how I left it. How long ago was it? 2 years? Forgot. Dropped the game bcs gacha salt. But had no complain regarding game quality itself.
Also, the quality of the songs (if the OP is any indication), have improved.

Tho whoever wrote the introduction scene for the rest of the cast needs to be fired lol

Also wao separate episode for muh girl Rinne. Well, kinda can't be helped. (although tbh I don't remember this setting for her. Anime original?)

Not expecting anything out of this anime adaptation other than fleshing out the characters and some Maika Haruna content. But hey cute girls.
Jan 7, 2022 1:55 PM

May 2021
Great episode. CGDCT.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 7, 2022 2:00 PM

Feb 2019
Apu-Hasan said:
My question
Now if they make an Anime with the guys, will people watch it?
I know it's an all girls cast about "Voice Acting"
I want some decentness. Where the anime is quite serious about what they are doing.
Hope this doesn't become like another mediocre anime. Last season "Selection Project" was the same. Using a same plot, But the some music's was pretty good. A disappointment.

Well, there is the anime A3! which the main cast, bar one, is all male.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jan 7, 2022 2:10 PM

Nov 2019
Its a nice start to the series, along with a fresh idea, an anime that revolves around the lives of seiyuu

All the girls have such unique personalities, can't wait to see how they all grow

I won't have high expectations though as an a3! fan, since I do know for a fact that liber's anime adaptations are butchered in terms of good story content

Serafos said:
Mei and Rie's outfits. <3

Totally with you on that~!
Jan 7, 2022 2:39 PM

Jun 2017
MizutaniShizuku1 said:
They took Hamlet's famous monologue and made it into a scene between Hamlet and Ophelia. I lost my mind after that and could no longer focus on the anime.

So was I ravelled in my troublous mind when she broke the parle, "To be or not to be", and I bethought to myself, "Chotto matte..."

Jan 7, 2022 2:53 PM
Sep 2020
I do wonder if the teacher even bothered to explain the context of the Hamlet scene to the girls.
And it felt kind of... cringy to see Elizabethan English subtitles in context of a cute girl anime. I think it'd actually have been better if the text was changed to more modern English.
Jan 7, 2022 4:51 PM

Aug 2020
Episode one was pretty fine. Lots of characters, I didn't expect that. A company that's hiring new voice actresses to train them. That's a good start.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 7, 2022 4:57 PM

Dec 2020
an anime about seiyuu work? that's cool. have a feeling it'll be like last season's selection project tho, where they just scratch the surface and add some shit drama here n there. BUT this was a cute ep, liked it a lot. wlw hamlet and ophelia was unexpected lol
Jan 7, 2022 6:46 PM

Aug 2021
This is an anime of seiyus, like Girlish Number, not idols.
There are real people who still don't know that. lol
Jan 7, 2022 7:43 PM

Jun 2021
The good: the animation looked solid. Can't believe that these are the same people who made the atrocity called Muv-Luv Alternative

The bad: The story feels very similar to the many idol anime we've had recently (except they are seiyuu instead of idols). While I don't hate the concept, this most definitely does not feel original (please no heart transplants of dead legendary sister). With 15 different characters, the character designer went all out with giving each character different types of accessories and footwear, which looks pretty, but makes this show unrealistic. VAs cannot wear accessories or high heels because they make too much noise during recording. If you are going to do a seiyuu anime, I'd hope small details like these are addressed, because otherwise, it just turns into a generic idol show.

The voice acting wasn't terrible, but likely will not be the strength of this show.
Jan 7, 2022 8:08 PM

Jan 2011
hmm not bad was expecting worse or even a short but it's been a while since we've gotten a voice acting anime...you know Takahashi, Rie got big after only having a few roles when she appeared in Sore Ga Seiyu so who knows how any of these actual noobie VA's will grow

with my feelings on whats airing this season anything that ends up being watchable is a plus
Jan 7, 2022 8:39 PM

Jan 2020
Damn, I kind of like the concept of having a series based on seiyuus and I hope it can fulfill that potential. I thought the episode was pretty fine but not bad by any means. I'm interesting in seeing how things play out from here

Jan 7, 2022 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
seems like a snoozer
Jan 7, 2022 10:27 PM

Oct 2008
quite impressed and an auto follow for me because it's about seiyuu!
although the game says: idol??? hmmm...
4/5.

Jan 7, 2022 10:32 PM
Apr 2021
not bad

.... but i fell asleep while i was watching it
Jan 8, 2022 12:57 AM
Jan 2021
Hmm, I think the debate will be more towards "is CUE an idol anime" ...

Erotaku_ said:
The good: the animation looked solid. Can't believe that these are the same people who made the atrocity called Muv-Luv Alternative

The bad: The story feels very similar to the many idol anime we've had recently (except they are seiyuu instead of idols). While I don't hate the concept, this most definitely does not feel original (please no heart transplants of dead legendary sister). With 15 different characters, the character designer went all out with giving each character different types of accessories and footwear, which looks pretty, but makes this show unrealistic. VAs cannot wear accessories or high heels because they make too much noise during recording. If you are going to do a seiyuu anime, I'd hope small details like these are addressed, because otherwise, it just turns into a generic idol show.

The voice acting wasn't terrible, but likely will not be the strength of this show.

It's not really clear how it worked out for auditions of AIRBLUE's seiyuus (because it just appeared in episode 2 and that's to be honest I'm also asking and will be a consideration for lowering the score), but in the first part of episode 1, as an observer of the seiyuu world and someone who understands the recording industry, it's already accurate.

Also, well, let me tell you a story.

Actually 2 years ago, there was a similar project released by Sony Music Artists (this is the agency of Kusunoki Tomori, Yano Hinaki, Payton Naomi, etc) and SACRA Music in collaboration with a partner, namely BATON=RELAY, in the same time as CUE from Pony Canyon and Liber Entertainment, with Shimesaba-sensei (Higehiro's author) as the original drafter. The project was even introduced at the SACRA Music Fes 2019, but when it was released in 2020, it only lasted for less than 6 months (initially there was a game released, then later it was deactivated and pulled from the market). For Kusunoki Tomori, she got a non-newcomer character that time because she was already in Nijigasaki.

(Please note, that the project was introduced at the same time as SELECTION PROJECT and IDOLY PRIDE at the time, but at that time SELECTION PROJECT had not shown the cast list, while IDOLY PRIDE which was MusicRay'n's work, introduced all the main cast from day one of project revealing)

Long story short, BATON=RELAY failed, meanwhile CUE persisted even though they ended up having to close the game too, then 2 former BATON=RELAY main casts became main casts in SELECTION PROJECT, 1 other person auditioned for Love Live Superstar and got a role in Liella, then later Yano Hinaki got a role for insert character of the manager in Love Live Nijigasaki anime following her senpai Kusunoki Tomori there, then the first IDOLY PRIDE concert in November 2020 which announced the anime show schedule and game launch (which has now become legendary), and a few days later Kusunoki Tomori and Hinaki Yano were also announced as casts for Wonder Egg Priority, along with one of MusicRay'n's new voice actors who just had a concert (Aikawa Kanata), which would premiere later, only 2-3 days apart from the premiere of IDOLY PRIDE anime. 6 months later, a few days before the premiere date of IDOLY PRIDE game and Wonder Egg Priority Special OVA, Kusunoki Tomori was also announced as an important cast in IDOLY PRIDE media-mix. Reportedly, there are also voice actors from CUE who also participate in the SELECTION PROJECT and Wonder Egg Priority, even if it only fills in minor characters.

Indeed, there are allegations from some otaku that BATON=RELAY had such fate because it existed at the same time as CUE, but please note that all the modern idol animes appeared when Idolmaster and Love Live were still around, it's not that important after all, but there's at least one thing to know; this genre, including CUE, are incredibly important to Japan's creative community, and sometimes it can be tricky and challenging. It's a bit funny if projects for newcomers voice actors nowadays can become legends or even give birth to new legends in the anime world, but that's the reality that happened and I think we can only enjoy.
teofilusSWJan 8, 2022 1:43 AM
Jan 8, 2022 2:04 AM
Oct 2017
As a big fan of this franchise I also realized this is game adaptation, which I have low expectation from this anime. But fortunately, this is quite good for me and they gonna have 24 episodes! I hope they'll improve the animation or just keep like this
Jan 8, 2022 10:26 AM

Jan 2014
I mean. It's cute, I'll give it that much. It feels a niche, as I haven't seen many anime that's basically around voice acting alone, and that's the main theme of it. Rather it being part of it. So I'll give it a shot for now.
Jan 8, 2022 11:48 AM

Nov 2018
Well it kinda nice to have unique genre anime like this after those isekai's coming like tsunami
Looking forward next episode ..
Jan 8, 2022 12:34 PM

Jul 2016
Well... for a show based on your standard "idol training" mobile game, the studio sure put some notorious effort in this project. Really liked the initial sequence ("Castle in the Sky" reference?) as well as the way in how they portrayed the Hamlet scene with each girl.

So yeah, promising start so far.
Jan 8, 2022 2:31 PM

Nov 2013
lol i'm really not a fan of literature stuff like Shakespear, wtf are they even saying? :D

i liked the episode, i sometimes like to look at youtube videos of seiyuus doing their work, so even if this gets bad later, i'll probably keep watching

lots of cool looking girls, i specially got interested in the one dark dress chunibyou (Rie) and the cool looking girl with brown hair + shiny earings (Honoka), while also laughed quite a bit with the one speaking english (Yuzuha), or the funny girl who imitated the guy while playing with the little brothers (Maika)

that being said, wtf is going on, they just got to a NEW company, have zero experience in the topic... and out of nowhere, doing castings for an actual anime with our main girl going like "this is where we start" lmfao is this a rushed first episode or what?
winddevil1Jan 8, 2022 2:53 PM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 8, 2022 4:43 PM
Jan 2012
katsu044 said:
hmm not bad was expecting worse or even a short but it's been a while since we've gotten a voice acting anime...you know Takahashi, Rie got big after only having a few roles when she appeared in Sore Ga Seiyu so who knows how any of these actual noobie VA's will grow

with my feelings on whats airing this season anything that ends up being watchable is a plus

There's also Sayaka Senbongi who played as Chitose in Gi(a)rlish Number who got roles like Golden Wind's Trish Una some years after the series aired.
Jan 8, 2022 5:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, bruh, 16 girls already to care in one place. This is the most idol anime i've seen with so many mc at the same place, if my mind not deceive me. Its good to know this get two cours. But tbh, idk if its enough time to make me digest all of them at once, with all of their different personalities. But oh well, that's the challenge. So far its good enough actually. Really enjoy their voice acting. Reminds me much to Kageki Shoujo. Then, there's an audition already, which make it very idol-ish vibe that based its plot on seiyuu training and daily works and life as their main theme. Very interesting anime, to say the least. Lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 8, 2022 8:52 PM

Oct 2010
It is quite hard to convey good music playing, good singing or good acting in an anime without actually doing good. Even harder when demonstrating progress over time.
Manga or novel can pass with just "Everyone was astonished" line in the finale but for anime or movie you have to do it decently for real.
As you can guess this episode did not impress me with 'acting' but was fine otherwise.
Except huge(and generic) cast. Though OP gives some hope it will be '4-main and the rest' route.
Jan 8, 2022 9:31 PM

Jul 2017
@teofilusSW not gonna quote the whole thing, but I'd thought that that was some nice trivia. Shows that companies do take their time to get down to stuff, but of course they didn't really had time to experiment, as such with the case of new Seiyuus being interchangable in so many new series.

The reality is that as much as this isn't an idol show, it's branded as such, and sadly this is what people will see for first impressions.
Jan 9, 2022 5:52 AM

Jan 2021
Enjoyed this pilot a lot. Main girl is very cute and the visuals seem to be nice. I also like the premise of them training to be seiyuu but I do hope to see some idol songs too. Don't see how this is already rated below a 7.
Jan 9, 2022 9:29 AM

Apr 2008
I've enjoyed a few inside the industry shows like Gi(a)rlish Number and Shirobako, but the setup here feels pure idol. I don't think the subject is going to show through highlighting all the cute archetypes. And when there was voice acting it just wasn't that good. Sure they're new, but the oh my god I can see the scene performance felt so weak next to, say, Opera Girl. Did get a laugh out of voices so moe they animefy Shakespeare.
Jan 9, 2022 10:18 AM

Jul 2017
Just realize the seiyuu is DIALOGUE+ members.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jan 9, 2022 4:18 PM

Aug 2011
Logical_ said:
Just realize the seiyuu is DIALOGUE+ members.

Yes and this anime sponsored by Pony Canyon. Probably this anime trying to push Dilaogue+ members.
Jan 10, 2022 5:17 AM
Nov 2019
At least it's not another idol show.
Jan 10, 2022 11:39 AM

May 2009
Idolmaster with seiyuus instead idols. Boring.
Jan 10, 2022 2:19 PM
Nov 2021
You want quality voice acting watch Gridman or Dynazenon.

There was no effort to truly distinguish the quality of acting. It was all just tropey bullshit. And again, the aesthetic is so bare-bones it's embarrassing.
Lurik259Jan 10, 2022 2:22 PM
Jan 11, 2022 12:09 PM

Apr 2014
Lurik259 said:
You want quality voice acting watch Gridman or Dynazenon.

There was no effort to truly distinguish the quality of acting. It was all just tropey bullshit. And again, the aesthetic is so bare-bones it's embarrassing.

You do realise that most of the actual seiyuu have little to no experience as well? Otherwise it's just bad direction, something seiyuu can't help.
Jan 12, 2022 10:16 AM

Apr 2012
So, is this another waifu bait for another IMAS clone?
Jan 14, 2022 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
I wouldn't say the show is great but I guess it's just okay
Jan 17, 2022 9:49 AM
Aug 2020
Youko Hikasa congratulating all those rookie actresses at the end was a very cool meta moment. :)
Jan 20, 2022 10:33 AM
Mar 2015
Cute Girls doing beginning voice acting
Apr 1, 2022 5:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well these kind of seiyuu anime are rare, and even more for 2-cours ones, so that's interesting, for a 1st episode it was decent I suppose, I expect some of the characters from the group to be forgettable but it seems like it will focus on the two ones that played at the end
Jun 26, 2022 5:06 AM

Oct 2007
tried, but episode 1 is so painfully boring. Could not even finish the first episode.

dropped.

Liddo-kunJun 26, 2022 6:25 AM

More topics from this board

» Cue! and AiRBLUE is kill

bastek66 - Jul 23, 2022

2 by masterjisamsu »»
Nov 23, 2023 9:44 AM

Poll: » Cue! Episode 24 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

27 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 10, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Cue! Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 11, 2022

13 by NagoyaR »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:35 AM

Poll: » Cue! Episode 15 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 22, 2022

13 by EinTheVariance »»
Jan 12, 2023 9:19 PM

Poll: » Cue! Episode 14 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 15, 2022

20 by EinTheVariance »»
Jan 11, 2023 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.