Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, a case of kidnappings. But you know, since this anime has a lot of comedy, it was also hard to take it seriously at times.

Somehow, they made that orange little creature relevant in this episode lol
Nov 22, 2021 7:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor John he wasn't even lost he just wanted to play football and buy food but ended up escaping to everyone, getting threatened by that killer and then even kidnapped by that hardcore giant spider XD at least it ended well for everyone (especially good for the kidnapped kids) quite fun to see a John focus this time
Nov 22, 2021 7:25 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, Draluc can finally turn into a real bat, but it's gonna take a while to get used to that form.

Being a bat has its benefits though...well in Draluc's case, not so much. Being picked up by Hina and brought back to the Vampire Control Division, he's barely saved by fellow vampirian Handa to the infamy of Hina and another fellow officer Sagyo. Is Draluc a crab or what lols, and their Captain deciphered that at one go to let him loose before more shenanigans arise.

A serial child kidnapping case, and John has his own adventures lols, best animal armadillo has it best while the others smell out the culprit vampire. The misunderstanding that John was kidnapped made the whole case a total blowout while he just walks home like it's a normal day while escaping from town to town.

But when he ACTUALLY got kidnapped by the vampire Nagiri whom got humiliated in an earlier episode, that's some real batshit though. The problem with another vampire spider creature, and Nagiri does save him though to give some pancakes for an exchange. For once, Nagiri did a good thing.

Definitely the best episode ever, and John the Armadillo only makes the comedy better. This episode was pretty much a LMAO situation.
Nov 22, 2021 7:37 AM
Oct 2016
I'm proud to say I cried at the end of this episode when John was finally reunited with Draluc and Ronaldo. John went through so much in this one episode, more so than a lot of characters in an entire series. John is the real MVP of this show he's such an endearing armadillo. This whole episode being John focused was the best thing they could do. It absolutely pulled at my heartstrings along with bringing back a former villain to play the reluctant hero. Nagiri after losing his immortality a few episodes ago wanting revenge by kidnapping John at first I got pretty mad about that. But later Nagiri did the right thing and saved John from that spider vampire. The little segment at the start of the episode was funny too with Draluc kinda sorta turning into an actual bat then not. Loved the John focus he's a real trooper.
Nov 22, 2021 7:57 AM

Jun 2021
Episode 8 is out ! Tell us your thoughts !
Nov 22, 2021 8:05 AM

Apr 2014
KANI!!!!!!!!!
John has his own fanclub, can play futsal, and can buy a train ticket. 👏 No wonder why he is the best character in this series.
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 22, 2021 8:42 AM
Sep 2015
I can't help but imagine that everyone's balls in hunter guild were at least touched by Senya, and I'd love to see when it happened.
Nov 22, 2021 11:26 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Draluc transforms into a bat (finally) and is being attacked by pigeons so Hinaichi picks up up as she thinks he's cute and doesn't realise he's actually Draluc! Handa trying to convince everyone that Draluc is a type of crab was pretty funny and stupid xD. I love how John was so relevant this episode-JOHN BEST ARMADILLO! Everyone is on the search for John as they believe he has been kidnapped. He is just about to get home when he actually gets kidnapped by a vampire we know quite famously! John crying was a pretty sad scene. John then gets kidnapped again by an inferior spider like vampire but they get killed...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 22, 2021 1:10 PM

Apr 2018
Wow, Draluc finally managed to turn into a vampire. Probably trained to death to be able to do that. Seems like he's unable to open a door in that form but a window is possible. Of course, he got picked up by Hina and even got put between her chest. You lucky bastard, Hina's one adorable girl and has hiliarious reactions at the same time. Welp, one thing that he didn't know is, he was about to be taken to the Vampire Control Division to check whether it's a vampire or not. He managed to talk to Handa but you know.. he's pretty stupid LOL. All those lies he made that it's actually a crab and laid an egg got me ROLLING. The chief got Draluc out of the situation but Hina caught him lacking in the end xD.

Children are getting kidnapped by vampires and on the same day, John wants to go out. Ronald felt a little unsafe with letting him go but I'm glad that I was able to experience John's adventure. He's pretty liked by the community and even has a own fanclub. A pretty good soccer 'dildo xD The misunderstanding started the whole conflict, he just fell off and didn't even try to call back after screaming himself to death. This led to him getting chased b weird ostrichs, wrong trains and finally getting kidnapped by the Street Slasher who is not even the kidnapper of the case.

Nagiri, the sleet slasher, went through a massive character development. He turned into an anti-hero, saved John and hopefully will return later in the series. He's not that bad. He is scared of Senya, everyone is.. The ending was beautiful with them being back together. It touched my heart for real. I seriously can't believe how I much I actually love this serie.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 22, 2021 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
John is very charismatic what a episode beautiful focusing on John.
Nov 22, 2021 3:10 PM
Sep 2021
Did anyone else cry for John too?
Nov 22, 2021 3:11 PM

Aug 2020
John carried the show once again. I love his little journey. He saved the day!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 22, 2021 3:12 PM

Mar 2020
One of the best episode!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Nov 22, 2021 3:17 PM
Sep 2021
Dukino said:
I'm proud to say I cried at the end of this episode when John was finally reunited with Draluc and Ronaldo. John went through so much in this one episode, more so than a lot of characters in an entire series. John is the real MVP of this show he's such an endearing armadillo. This whole episode being John focused was the best thing they could do. It absolutely pulled at my heartstrings along with bringing back a former villain to play the reluctant hero. Nagiri after losing his immortality a few episodes ago wanting revenge by kidnapping John at first I got pretty mad about that. But later Nagiri did the right thing and saved John from that spider vampire. The little segment at the start of the episode was funny too with Draluc kinda sorta turning into an actual bat then not. Loved the John focus he's a real trooper.
And in the end John gave him a pancake, John really is a divine being, the last time I cried for a character was when Rem went into a coma.And the closing song is also very touching, the tears in this episode were inevitable
Nov 22, 2021 3:42 PM
Jul 2018
Very cool seeing more John 👍
Nov 22, 2021 5:11 PM

Feb 2017
looks like funimation let the new guy sub the first half of the episode bc jfc the timing was off on 2 different lines and 1 line wasn't even subbed

i would watch an entire anime just about john tbh. i too would like to join his fanclub

placeholder text
Nov 22, 2021 5:12 PM

May 2019
Matheus0220 said:
Did anyone else cry for John too?

Aww man I had such big feels during this episode for John as well. It was geat how he was pretty much the focus point, but I especially liked the translations for the "ぬ〜” and the small bit with the trains. Even with all the comedy included in the series, it's great to see how everyone got together and looked for John. It really did feel like he was the prime minister or something.

Looking forward to what else the studio has decided to adapt in the coming episodes

NekOniiChanNov 22, 2021 5:16 PM
Nov 22, 2021 7:34 PM

Oct 2016
No sexual jokes and 2/3s focused on John=Best episode
Nov 22, 2021 9:09 PM

Dec 2015
Majority of the episode was centered around John so I can't complain. Didn't know that he could be so scatterbrained with the getting on the wrong train. Those ostriches sure we're something.

Darn. I thought that guy died. It was good thing he was there to reluctantly save the day.
Nov 22, 2021 10:05 PM
Jun 2020
Instead of having multiple smaller segments, we have one short segment, and then one longer segment. I think this show is suited more for the shorter segments, due to its fast paced nature. But still, this episode was really good too.
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Nov 23, 2021 4:08 AM

Oct 2016
JOHN PROTECTION SQUAD ASSEMBLE!

I can now not erase the image of Draluc inside Hinaichi and old man legs ostriches. Handa trying to convince Hinaichi and green man that Draluc is a crab was pretty hilarious. The John segment was like 2 segments long, I hope we get more of that. Also, did not expect slicing vampire man to appear again. It's expected that anyone will fall to John's charms though, sasuga.
Nov 23, 2021 7:11 PM
Nov 2010
That Captain ...
Who , Like Me , Thinking it's Ronaldo's Father ?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 25, 2021 2:09 PM
Mar 2009
GoodKid15 said:
That Captain ...
Who , Like Me , Thinking it's Ronaldo's Father ?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought it was going to literally be Ronaldo until they were in the same scene later in the episode. His father would work as a gag with the false moustache too, as lots of anime/manga dads are just their sons' character designs but with a moustache (Yusaku Kudo, I am thinking specifically of you!)
Nov 25, 2021 4:30 PM
Mar 2015
Almost an entire episode of just John. My John folder grew considerably bigger.

Nov 29, 2021 7:28 AM

Dec 2016
The first part was way too hilarious 🤣

What was up with Handa's bizarre explanations, I died XD

It went from hilarious to really dumb in the second part. Couldn't get myself to laugh at an armadillo playing futsal...well John is supposed to be a weird creature so it's fine. But John's small adventurous journey was sure fun to watch.
Nov 29, 2021 11:20 AM
Apr 2021
one fun thing I noticed about this episode was that when john offers the macarons for Ronaldo and Draluc, Draluc is actually fine giving some of his to Ronaldo, and this made me very happy since in the manga there isn't a scene like that. I just wanted to point this out since it really shows how sweet Draluc is in the anime! I've also realized that the anime of this show is so much better than the manga.
Nov 30, 2021 5:04 PM

Nov 2016
Loved the John focus

5/5

He deserves his own series

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 6, 2021 8:04 AM
Jul 2021
John fo life!
Nice ep very funny
Dec 6, 2021 4:52 PM
Sep 2021
1nvader said:
Almost an entire episode of just John. My John folder grew considerably bigger.

Which episode is this in the photo? Brazil ? I can't believe I didn't even notice a reference from my country!
Dec 10, 2021 5:29 AM
Mar 2015
Matheus0220 said:
Which episode is this in the photo? Brazil ? I can't believe I didn't even notice a reference from my country!

It was in ep8, but I edited Brazil in there for meme purposes u_u
Dec 11, 2021 12:41 AM
Sep 2021
1nvader said:
Matheus0220 said:

Lol was very good, congratulations! Now you can consider yourself loved by all Brazilians!
Dec 12, 2021 9:57 AM
Sep 2021
1nvader said:
Matheus0220 said:

Feel loved by all Brazilians starting today!
Dec 12, 2021 7:17 PM
Oct 2021
'He's round and says nu!' Is my favorite quote yet.
After this, I declare myself a member of the John fan club.
And I have to point out Ronaldo acting as an overprotective father, it's adorable.
What a wholesome episode. 5/5.

Dec 20, 2021 2:32 AM

Dec 2020
nagiri's a pretty cool guy actually :D
Jan 2, 2022 11:47 AM

Jul 2016
Where can I join John's fan club?
Jan 10, 2022 8:23 AM

Jan 2019
I love John, so cute
Feb 12, 2022 12:01 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see John is appreciated enough that everyone, from his friends to his fanclub to even Tsujiri Nagiri, trying to save him.

May 29, 2022 9:03 PM

Apr 2016
That fake-mustache is totally related to Ronaldo and the green haired guy must be the serious one in that office.

Those ostriches were hilariously creepy.
Jul 17, 2023 2:41 AM

Jul 2019
I love how serious everyone got when John went missing!
Apr 6, 3:21 PM

Mar 2023
I, too, would put my life on the line to save John from any kidnapper.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2021

48 by souledge94 »»
May 27, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2021

102 by souledge94 »»
May 18, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2021

33 by Reaszs »»
May 6, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2021

34 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 6, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2021

29 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 6, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.