Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2021 4:11 PM

May 2015
The longest advertisement I have ever watched, but at least it was put together to be enjoyable.
May 14, 2021 6:02 PM

Jul 2016
I'm disappointed she rode her cub during the trip after she promised her teacher not to. That's a pretty serious breach of trust.

The last five minutes felt like just one long commercial from Honda. "and this fantastic machine can be yours for just 12 easy payments of ......."
May 15, 2021 1:43 AM

Nov 2013
awesome episode, she's getting out of her shell and being really bold and i love it for her
May 15, 2021 1:57 AM
Jul 2018
Full of wholesome. I loved it more than previous episodes. Koguma finally proved her true enjoyment.
"There are endless possibilities." I think this quote fits SUPER CUB.
May 15, 2021 4:31 AM

Dec 2018
Reiko just lights up like a sun when she saw her little rebel wife outside the bus. And ran up to greet her! It was so cute

And on their romantic trip together, she clings on to Koguma even if they weren't going really fast, Reiko just wanted to hold her girlfriend and be close to her. Awwwwwwwwww my little lesbians are in love,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

They are so cute together❤❤❤

IMO this was the episode with the strongest Yuri vibes so far and therefore the one I enjoyed the most. Koguma and Reiko goes so well together and is one of my favorite lesbian couples/ships this season

The way she holds her is so precious,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderMay 15, 2021 4:58 AM
May 15, 2021 4:47 PM
Nov 2012
Atavistic said:
Also, get your minds out of the gutters guys. It's pretty obvious that Koguma had the thermometer in her armpit to check her temperature; that happens a lot when girls get fevers in anime, it just looks weird here cos Koguma is lying down when she checks it the second time.
Yeah, no it wasn't "obvious" or else I wouldn't have said anything. I did go back and watch those two scenes again and I can see that maybe it was indeed all about her armpit, which is what I assumed it was all this time anyway. But it still wasn't "obvious," regardless of it being a common trope.

sKyBlazer08 said:
Also, Japan really loves to promote Mt. Fuji lmao.
I could have sworn that I'd read somewhere that the same Yamanashi Prefecture tourism board that sponsored Laid Back Camp had thrown some money into this production, along with Honda; but now I can't find that source. So maybe I hallucinated it while I had my three-hour fever I checked with an armpit thermometer from an awkward angle.
May 15, 2021 8:30 PM

Nov 2012
WHY IS THE THERMOMETER UNDER THE COVERS!!! Exactly where was she sticking that thermometer???

edit: That was good episode. Every time she makes a turn, I think she's in the wrong lane. This episode made me so anxious.
I guess the teacher should've taken her keys if they really didn't want her riding.
dragynfaerieMay 15, 2021 8:53 PM
May 16, 2021 12:48 AM

Jul 2020
Losing interest on an anime you were enjoying sucks, but unfortunately it happened to me with Super Cub.
I was really enjoying it up until episode 4, but then episode 5 came out and it was so unrealistic and absurd that it completely ruined my enjoyment. Super Cub is an anime that is fairly realistic and relaxing, an episode like that has absolutely no place in it, so I was expecting things to get back on track with episode 6 and all I got instead was a reminder that Super Cub is basically a Honda advert disguised as anime, making me feel like it's not worth watching it anymore.
I'll give episode 7 a try when it comes out, but I don't have any hopes it will win me back.
Not even Koguma's precious smile could save this anime for me. A shame, really.

/rant
May 16, 2021 8:18 AM
Jan 2021
As someone who live very close to Kamakura, it's rly nice to see how kamakura is presented. Also CG has gotten so much better compared to ep1 too. Nice and chill as always
May 17, 2021 7:12 AM

Dec 2020
another nice episode. koguma's trip with her cub was great, i loved it. and reiko getting all excited for her was so cute. the next episode is called "the color of summer sky and the aqua colored girl" so i think we're finally going to see the third character !! she quite stood out in the few shots she got this episode, with her light colored skin and hair too
May 18, 2021 12:19 PM
Jun 2020
I'm loving this series more and more. Really looking forward to each new episode each week.
May 18, 2021 5:48 PM

Mar 2019
Music/Score 10/10
CGI 9/10
Animation 10/10
Main Character Expressions/Faces 100/10.

Koguma clearly Best MC of Season... most sincere and emotional expressions.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
May 19, 2021 6:18 AM

May 2011
Frank_86 said:
ImmortalZero said:
...As an experienced rider in Japan I can tell you what they did pillion riding in the end was definitely illegal...

Really? Is it because of:
A_ the displacement of the engine? (only allowed on bigger bikes?)
B_ you can't ride pillion on routes?
C_ you just can't ride pillion on any bike, on any road?

Weird, considering the bike was made in Japan and still comes with a pillion Rewatched it to be sure, it actually had a grill (was that the reason that makes riding like that "illegal"?). We have a joke here for situations like that: you ask your friend "can I borrow a sharpie? I need to redraw my butt crack!" LoL

Here in South America you can carry a passenger on any bike, provided they wear their helmet.

Not sure if you'll see this because it's been days but I'll answer it anyway :)

In order to legally pillion you need:
- a bike that's above 125cc (MC cub was only 52cc)
- license should be at least 1 years old (MC just got her motorcycle license over summer break)

Another nitpick is that she passed through several highways where it's illegal if your bike again is below 125cc. Some of the highway she passed is also age restricted where you have to be at least 20 years old.
May 22, 2021 2:55 AM

Oct 2007
trying to catch up to a class excursion using Super Cub. Good thing Koguma managed to get to the place without any accident.
May 23, 2021 12:14 PM

Feb 2007
Now I know why the Japanese bow to apologize. It's to hide their sly, defiant grins. :D
May 23, 2021 8:32 PM
Nov 2020
It was interesting to see those two defy the orders of their teachers (i.e. not riding the Cub during the trip). I was under the impression that Japanese society/culture values strict obedience to superiors and authority, especially in an organized setting such as school. I guess not!
May 25, 2021 7:24 AM

Dec 2016
So, those mysterious money where coming from her savings from the scholarship. Finally they said it.

My shit mind when Koguma was moaning and my sigh of regret when she took out the thermometer....

How will Koguma go back? If the teachers don't allow Koguma to ride her bike home then she'll have to leave it there.

Looks like the third character will finally get introduced in the next episode.
May 25, 2021 10:14 AM

Feb 2007
Rickydory123 said:
How will Koguma go back? If the teachers don't allow Koguma to ride her bike home then she'll have to leave it there.

She was only forbidden to ride it during the stay there. Not that she listened even to that, as we could see...
May 26, 2021 7:27 AM

Oct 2017
I'm glad she didn't miss her trip and got to enjoy it with Reiko. Felt sad that Reiko's cub needs to be changed but after what happened during summer break not surprised. Also we are halfway through the series and still we didn't see the third girl. I hope she appears soon.
Jun 10, 2021 4:17 AM
Jun 2019
The streets in this anime always look so deserted. If I tried going for a 170km road trip here I'll come back with lung cancer.
Jun 13, 2021 3:28 AM

Mar 2008
Loving these two, the shipper in me is strongly developing for these two cub loving girls. Loving the show so far.
Jun 17, 2021 11:18 AM

Nov 2017
Reiko took a helmet with her just in case. Naw, she knew what was up lol.

Glad Koguma got over her fever, and that she has a friend in Reiko. Can you imagine if something like this happened when she first got her Cub? I don't know if she'd have the confidence to take the trip
Jun 24, 2021 2:29 AM

Aug 2018
Nice episode!
Koguma did get to go on his trip, and well he got to take a little tour.
Pd: HOW CUTE THE TWO OF YOU LOOK IN THE CUB <3
Jul 30, 2021 9:22 AM
Jan 2018
This is fiction they aren't going to follow road laws in anime ffs even when they do it's usually for a gag
Aug 16, 2021 2:26 AM

Jul 2015
Bit worried something might happen to Koguma after just recovering but good that she succeeded in joining her class trip. I can't imagine the teachers reactions on Koguma and Reiko sneaking away because complaining to Koguma's non-existing parents isn't really an option lol.

Dec 5, 2021 12:24 PM

Aug 2018
This anime has some really enjoyable music at times..
I don't know why, but I'm feeling very emotional during this episode..
Dec 7, 2022 11:13 AM

May 2022
Like all anime, one can not question the finer points of plot or the details of motorcycling. We must suspend disbelief to enjoy the story as it was intended. Personally, I don't have enough cushion on my backside to ride on a metal rack like Reiko.

Loved Reiko's speech about getting an old Hunter Cub from before electric starts or digital odometers. I'm with Rei. I wish we could still buy those old analog machines with kick starters. Nowadays even the halogen headlamps are considered old fashioned.

The only thing cuter than Koguma in pigtails and a kimono is those two little outlaws taking off on the Super Cub together! 

This actually seemed like a series-ending episode. Reiko declares, "We really do belong up in the mountains!" Then the speech about riding your cub forever and getting parts for it in 50 years.  I wonder if this was written as a possible ending if the anime did not go any further...
OG_OtakuJan 16, 2023 10:44 PM
May 3, 2023 1:31 AM

Dec 2022
I genuinely love their relationship, it's just so wholesome and adorable. Two cub friends.

Also those pig tails were truly the best, so cute.
Jun 19, 2023 10:44 PM

Nov 2009
This episode: Young lady takes the probably most uncomrfotable road trip anyone ever would voluntarily take.

It was still very cute and soothing doe.

Anyway, any student who would arrive at the school trip's destination *ahead* of the bus while riding a goddamned scooter would be an instant freaking LEGEND in the school. Sadly, we got only a few reactions.

It would be safe to assume that Koguma would to be elevated to absolute legendary status during the next episodes, especially in such a small school. Alas, I doubt the plot will explore that. A pity, honestly. It would be damn funny and entertaining to watch her having to deal with the absolute madness she just did.
Dec 7, 2023 10:07 PM

May 2019
She made it safely, had a great bath and amazing food! The best part is Koguma riding her cub with Reiko on the back. Reiko's smile is priceless. Koguma's pure joy about her cub is a balm to the soul.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

126 by Vene »»
May 27, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

106 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 30, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

73 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 29, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

90 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 29, 12:12 AM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub? ( 1 2 )

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

50 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 28, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.