Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 8, 2021 12:28 AM

Apr 2015
This was super rushed and due to that the last scenes lost every ounce of emotional profoundness.

For an episode right after a recap that doesn't exactly bode well for the rest of the show.

RayReynolds said:
It's neat that they took a week off and then came back with this absolute fiasco of an episode. It's hard to know even where to begin. It starts out claiming that it's going to be a filler episode. From there, we go on a field trip to CEO-girl's lab and straight to their machine for stealing the dreams out of your head. Then she casually drops that she's a vat-grown ubermensch, genetically designed to be the ultimate CEO. But wait, there's more. She then pulls aside the curtain and they've been sitting next to her albino braindead friend in a vat the entire time. But wait, there's more. Said friend was a fellow vat-ubermensch, obsessed with death, running crazy ass experiments on herself until she killed herself. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. Aside from her thinking death is the funnest thing ever, her monster is a bird that forces them to solve a geometry problem. BUT WAIT, etc. We then cut from there to hell's vending machine where the exposition dudes are taking a video call with the assistant that, no hyperbole here, is basically them going "So, it'd be super bad if the girls were to discover that we're secretly evil and manipulating them." "Yes, then they would try to stop our evil plans." Did they just give up on writing all together? Did they see the episode count looming and hurriedly have to throw together some kind of ending? What even was this nonsense?

Mostly this.

Still, the flashback itself was cool as hell(as always) which saves this from being complete dross.
LanzApr 8, 2021 12:34 AM
Apr 25, 2021 11:14 AM

May 2018
Nice ep. Noice 😀😀😀😀😀
Apr 30, 2021 8:26 AM
Oct 2019
Learn more about Neiru...
Wow i didn't expect that Plot Twist at all...
Nani?
May 29, 2021 11:08 AM

Oct 2013
You have to be always drunk. That's all there is to it—it's the only way. So as not to feel the horrible burden of time that breaks your back and bends you to the earth, you have to be continually drunk.

But on what? Wine, poetry or virtue, as you wish. But be drunk.

And if sometimes, on the steps of a palace or the green grass of a ditch, in the mournful solitude of your room, you wake again, drunkenness already diminishing or gone, ask the wind, the wave, the star, the bird, the clock, everything that is flying, everything that is groaning, everything that is rolling, everything that is singing, everything that is speaking. . .ask what time it is and wind, wave, star, bird, clock will answer you: "It is time to be drunk! So as not to be the martyred slaves of time, be drunk, be continually drunk! On wine, on poetry or on virtue as you wish."

"Be Drunk" by Charles Baudelaire

That line of poetry was overwhelmingly my favorite part of this episode. Holy shit, the pacing was garbage, and more importantly, what's all this mighty be thy virtue shlock about preserving a corpse in a time capsule? Neiru is the only character in this show with an ounce of reason. It makes sense for her to feel apprehension, it was her vat-peer, but the other two losing their shit on her...

smh I can't tell if this show is intentionally pushing its warped ethos on its audience or it isn't just conveying teenage girl emotion, which it has drilled more than once. Either way, it's a bit heavy handed.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 5, 2021 9:22 AM

Jul 2011
Meh this anime is a bit overrated and way too much overwatched, just a madoka wannabe....but i can understand why the avarage anime watcher can enjoy it
DortJun 9, 2021 4:13 AM
Jul 17, 2021 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
I hoped we got to see more on the stabbing sister instead of this newly introduced girl Kotobuki who apparently just like Neiru is artificially born. Quite the reveal at the end concerning Acca and Ura-Acca with a possible cause to the girls suicide, making me wonder how all plotpoints are going to be resolved in the last 3 episodes.

Sep 10, 2021 2:25 PM
Apr 2021
It was very disconcerting to see both of them shut off the life support for Kotobuki. I wrestle with the question whether if unplugging life support is moral or not. Morality...is confusing.
Sep 11, 2021 12:28 PM

Aug 2018
The pure sadness?.. Hm?.. The real reason they committed suicide?.. What?.. Well.. Maybe things will be revealed more clearly later..
Well, I have no idea, what this woman relates to Accas.. And what are Accas' goals..
Oct 10, 2021 8:06 AM

Jul 2021
Ooh this was an interesting episode, we were introduced to Kotobuki and learnt about Neiru's past. It also seems Neiru's secretary is somehow connected to Acca and Ura-Acca, and they're also connected to the girl's suicides. It seems things are finally coming to the climax and we're figuring out what is actually going on behind the scenes of this whole wonder egg thing.

Also, I hope we learn more about Neiru's sister that she's trying to save. Cause right now we know essentially what happened to the girls that the other 3 are trying to save, but we haven't even seen Neiru's sister animated
Oct 10, 2021 9:12 PM

Apr 2019
Okay, now it has some shitty plot twists involving Sci-fi. This anime just gets worse with every episode, for sure it's one of the worst I've ever watched
Oct 23, 2021 6:28 AM

Aug 2017
Uru and Acca are Kyubey now. Even that woman is involved.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 28, 2021 10:52 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, I felt those weird looking guys who were menaging everything related to those special eggs looked rather suspicious. I wonder what's the real deal behind them and eggs. Is it a scientific experiment of some sort? I guess the next episode will reveal the truth, at least partially.
Mar 17, 2022 8:13 PM

Dec 2018
Zadion said:
You have to be always drunk. That's all there is to it—it's the only way. So as not to feel the horrible burden of time that breaks your back and bends you to the earth, you have to be continually drunk.

But on what? Wine, poetry or virtue, as you wish. But be drunk.

And if sometimes, on the steps of a palace or the green grass of a ditch, in the mournful solitude of your room, you wake again, drunkenness already diminishing or gone, ask the wind, the wave, the star, the bird, the clock, everything that is flying, everything that is groaning, everything that is rolling, everything that is singing, everything that is speaking. . .ask what time it is and wind, wave, star, bird, clock will answer you: "It is time to be drunk! So as not to be the martyred slaves of time, be drunk, be continually drunk! On wine, on poetry or on virtue as you wish."

"Be Drunk" by Charles Baudelaire

That line of poetry was overwhelmingly my favorite part of this episode.

I loved it as well, but I had to Google it to remember this quote (I've read The Flowers of Evil and it's one of the best poetry of that book)
Jul 28, 2022 3:54 AM

Jul 2021
Did that doctor monster have same VA as Jiraiya?

We learn a shocking truth that Acca and Ura-Acca have something to do with the girls' death. Also the reason is something called "innocent sorrow." Hearing them I'm wondering if fighting those monsters will actually bring back the people these girl's are fighting for.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 10, 2022 6:58 PM

Apr 2017
Holy cow this show stinks. I thought it was pretty good at first but these last few episodes have been getting on my nerves.
Mar 16, 2023 8:41 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
this episode was really meh probably the worst with the exception of like the last 5 mins.

"she didn't want adults to touch her"
"well maybe if you'd said that the others might've understood"
?????? she literally did, though?? not in those exact words but she did say the government would come after her...

also eggheaded dudes being malicious not surprising

May 7, 2023 6:57 PM

Dec 2022
At first I thought Kotobuki was actually the "sister" of Neiru's who stabbed her, the one she wants to bring back. Apparently not.
The ending raises some new questions, namely what are Acca and Ura-Acca really up to?
Jul 8, 2023 7:13 AM

Dec 2013
What the hell is going on? 3 more eps left, I wonder what will happen next.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 1, 2023 6:28 AM

Jul 2015
I guess the show is starting to fizzle out near the end as everyone made it out to be.
Feb 29, 6:26 PM
Dec 2023
eh wasnt expecting the romance thing to happen
May 19, 8:23 PM

Dec 2020
Euthanasia? 😱
I'm frightened ㄷㄷ
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

303 by scorpioniclibra »»
Jun 18, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

414 by KitsuFrost »»
Jun 17, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

212 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jun 8, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 9, 2021

160 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Feb 2, 2021

294 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.