Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 31, 2020 2:29 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, male MC is probably the biggest letdown of the series so far...
Mami leaves an impression of a girl who dumped him to see him suffer. Or, maybe she dumped him because he's a horny loser, but now that he got a hot gf, she's jealous and wants to ruin his life some more...
Sep 8, 2020 8:15 PM
Oct 2019
Blonde chick is jealous, manipulative, and a bitch.

Good on rental girl for sticking up for him like that. But loser boy just left rental girl hanging like that? How incredibly weak, pathetic, and rude.
Sep 11, 2020 10:35 PM
Mar 2018
this nigga super simp. and retarded. goddamn. at least the homies got his back. and seems like chizuru got higher t levels than the mc lmao
Sep 15, 2020 1:53 AM

Aug 2012
So MC is an awkward cuck with a massive libido. I can already guess why Mami was in a relationship with him for a month.

Sep 21, 2020 6:57 PM

May 2014
The cringe is real! I have to keep telling myself that it's just a show, but it still gets to me a little lol. Not complaining though as it's clearly done on purpose.
Sep 26, 2020 9:06 AM

Mar 2016
Goddammit, Chizuru should NOT have come at all, Kazuya's grandmother would be disappointed but that's just now and there's a future ahead for Kazuya, but just for the fact that Chizuru did come, Kazuya ended up wanting her to come every Wednesday which, in my opinion, can only bring more unfortunate incidences.

Incidences such as Chizuru meeting with Kazuya's ex; Mami. I can already see it from the OP and from how Mami shit talked about her pathetic ex bf. Mami is a manipulative sadist who took joy in making Kazuya happy and horny, before ruining him. Why else would she invite him to her home?

There's a limit to how awkward a scene can be, the restaurant scene is one example, I respect Kazuya's friend for being there for him, and even more so when Chizuru out of all, defended Kazuya from the bombardment of private information about him. But I just can't help but be disappointed at Kazuya for accepting what Mami said in such a pathetic way. Holy fuck, actually kill yourself.
Oct 20, 2020 3:40 PM

Dec 2014
In the name of all that is holy and stuff, what is this beta cuck shit?

Jeez, i'm not gonna ditch this ride, but it would be better if it would step it up because this one was embarassing.
Oct 24, 2020 7:51 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
AdolZeppeli said:
I can't take this simp trash any longer. This is so cringe inducing is unreal.

Dropped

I feel this is way too coincidental like come on attend the same school live in the same block apartments their grandparents knows each other man the author is lazy asf and people like this I just find it lazy to have it all line up like fate y'know but the masses enjoy it and ofc this isn't the first author to use the coincidence attends the same school, living in the same area etc

Oct 26, 2020 9:55 PM

Feb 2019
This show has really got me hooked.

Mami-chan is completely manipulative, and Kazuya is a complete wimp. The dude was getting completely verbally pummeled when Chizuru went above and beyond and defended him, and then he took the blows! And he didn't even follow Chizuru out! That's like rule #1! And then he goes off with Mami-chan afterwards? And dude, his friends are so incel that it's a bit creepy.

It just frustrates me so much that Kazuya has his mind so clouded by his drive for acceptance. I suppose as an omniscient observer it's all clear to me that what he's doing is so blatantly wrong, but man does it not subtract from the frustration. He just has no confidence in himself, and I find it incredibly hard to watch him stumble. The amount of cringing that I do per episode is just unreal.

In a broader scope of things, I'm very interested in the development of both Mami-chan's and Chizuru's characters. Chizuru shows a kind compassion deep down that pushes her to evoke happiness in others while Mami-chan has almost a 'void-like' personality (you know, the dead eyes thing). Maybe Mami-chan was abused, or she had some traumatic past that warps her view of relationships. Despite her being like a tempting devil on Kazuya's shoulder, I really hope this is the case and that she's not just a horrible person.
Nov 1, 2020 7:13 AM
Apr 2020
Shambolic, spineless, shocking! Despite enjoying it but it went all over the place and very mismanage.
Nov 2, 2020 5:32 AM

Aug 2020
So Kazuya finally had the guts to admit Chizuru is not his girlfriend, and tell the truth, and then she walks in and reverses his confession, so the act continues?

Mami clearly isn't over Kazuya either, at least I get that much from when she's talking with these girls at school. But she has a weird way of showing it, later in the episode, she's all over the place.

Kazuya apparently didn't learn from the mistake of making his grandma think he has a real girlfriend, so he turns it up a notch, and decides to show her off to his friends too, when he meets up with them.

Chizuru clearly says no to the drinking party, but Kazuya only thinks about showing of his "girlfriend" and goes against her wishes anyway. The drinking party was awkward, and Mami did go too far, though Kazuya admitting he actually is like that, took some guts. He should be more self aware like this, and then before he's about to make another stupid move or tell a lie that digs a deeper hole for him and Chizuru. But I'm afraid we ain't seen nothing yet.

Nov 2, 2020 5:40 AM

May 2018
Dutch_Chief said:
So Kazuya finally had the guts to admit Chizuru is not his girlfriend, and tell the truth, and then she walks in and reverses his confession, so the act continues?

Mami clearly isn't over Kazuya either, at least I get that much from when she's talking with these girls at school. But she has a weird way of showing it, later in the episode, she's all over the place.

Kazuya apparently didn't learn from the mistake of making his grandma think he has a real girlfriend, so he turns it up a notch, and decides to show her off to his friends too, when he meets up with them.

Chizuru clearly says no to the drinking party, but Kazuya only thinks about showing of his "girlfriend" and goes against her wishes anyway. The drinking party was awkward, and Mami did go too far, though Kazuya admitting he actually is like that, took some guts. He should be more self aware like this, and then before he's about to make another stupid move or tell a lie that digs a deeper hole for him and Chizuru. But I'm afraid we ain't seen nothing yet.

Kazuya is easily peer pressure by his family,friends and anyone he talks to frequently. At the same time, I am not sure if Chizuru feels sympathy towards Kazuya. I agreee with you with Mami as she does not seem

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Nov 2, 2020 7:13 AM

Aug 2020
Chizuru_Mizuhara said:

Kazuya is easily peer pressure by his family,friends and anyone he talks to frequently. At the same time, I am not sure if Chizuru feels sympathy towards Kazuya. I agreee with you with Mami as she does not seem

Seems like part of your message went missing?
Nov 2, 2020 9:05 AM

May 2018
Dutch_Chief said:
Chizuru_Mizuhara said:

Seems like part of your message went missing?

Really sorry, Working while typing and quickly typed without realising. Jut seen your message. what I was meant to say is Mami, has no clue of waht romance means

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jan 10, 2021 11:18 PM

May 2016
Man this mc scum but story is so good and all I can do is laugh at this dork.
Feb 1, 2021 5:32 AM

Jan 2017
how the heck did the author made Kazuya so pathetic until it makes the story so laughable yet enjoyable lmao, seems like he won't be letting Mami go so easily eh
Mar 30, 2021 9:42 AM

Mar 2019
Can't say I hate Kazuya but I don't like him either. Mami though, I still don't understand why everyone likes her. I feel like it's just a meme.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 12, 2021 12:47 PM

Jul 2009
Of all the coincidences XD

Still, I feel bad for Chiziru. Having to put up with all of this. Also, her friends are probably wondering where "Ichinose" is.

Also, why is Mami so obsessed with Kazuya despite her dumping him in the first place? She seems to have some sort of split personality where she enjoys Kazuya suffering, yet the moment he might find someone, she starts wanting to break them up.

Gonna be good this upcoming episodes!!
Jul 24, 2021 10:49 AM

Feb 2012
Didn't Mami break up with Kazuya because she was in love with someone else? Last episode I thought the blonde dude was her new boyfriend.

Those friends are such cowards that Chizuru was the first one to stand up for him (yet her efforts were in vain).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 24, 2021 5:17 AM

Feb 2019
Reality is is often disappointing.

Chizuru is max cute.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 19, 2022 8:26 AM

Dec 2020
Don't tell me they didn't know they're neighbours. Talk about coincidence? Nah, that's Anime plot for you.
Kaguya was better than this, at least the comedy part.
May 13, 2022 3:08 PM

Jan 2018
There are loser and bad dudes out there, but Kazuya is really on a different level... damn this guy makes me mad. x)
Jun 16, 2022 7:15 AM

May 2021
Way too many coincidences. Still hilarious, though.

Jun 28, 2022 6:57 AM

Jul 2021
Man calling Kazuya pathetic would be an understatement but boy is this fun. It's just plin hilarious to see Kazuya in this situations being pathetic lmao.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 30, 2022 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
Watching this show is pretty exhausting somehow, the dude is just... hard to watch.
Aug 4, 2022 9:06 PM
Aug 2017
Just What the Hell is Mami really up to?
Aug 16, 2022 11:50 AM
Aug 2022
I'm afraid to watch the next episode because of his ex. was anyone else disturbed by the main guy having the same voice as monjiro-sano?
Sep 1, 2022 5:08 AM
Jan 2022
it was a different experience love the show it gets hate for no reason
Sep 6, 2022 9:16 AM
Oct 2021
great slice of life, very relatable
Sep 17, 2022 3:53 PM
Sep 2022
This second episode its good
Nov 25, 2022 6:29 AM
Apr 2021
A ex namorada dele é um M O N S T R O
Mas o desenrolar está sendo nota 10
Jan 31, 2023 10:25 AM
Jan 2023
Amei, simplesmente, algo bom me chamou atenção, parabéns
Feb 17, 2023 12:00 PM

Nov 2010
3:32 That OP sounds catchy. Also, 12k yen + tax!? I'll never become desperate to spend that much money on a rental GF unless there's sex involved at the end of the day.
11:18 I love Chizuru's slender hands. I can also imagine that they smell so nice too.
16:39 Hehe that isn't true in my experience.
Damn, he sided with his ex. That's a horrible move! Rental GF > Ex-GF.
Feb 20, 2023 3:40 AM
Feb 2023
Its a funny and intriguing episode.
Apr 20, 2023 6:54 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Bro screw Mami. All my homies hate Mami. What is her game??? Like why lol

Main girlfriend is goated as usual. So damn hot too XD

All the wanking and boner jokes are so funny hahah.

Do wish the MC would stand up for himself though..
May 14, 2023 7:56 AM
Dec 2022
he's so downbad like she broke up with him why is he so horny all the time but WWWWW EP 9.8/10
May 25, 2023 1:57 AM

Dec 2022
I think his reaction at the table was completely normal. He didn't want to ruin the persona he built in college by getting into an argument with an extremely popular girl over his rental girlfriend that he has to break up with anyway.
May 29, 2023 5:50 PM

Oct 2016
Not a fan of Chizuru at all. In episode 1 she was so professional, but in this episode she's shown to be a rude and mean-spirited person. I really hope this series isn't all about Kazuya and Chizuru's ongoing relationship.

edit. Mami is cancer. Kazuya is pathetic. I can't watch this shit.
FelkyrMay 29, 2023 5:59 PM
Jul 8, 2023 4:47 PM
Apr 2019
Kazuya you idiot.
Jul 28, 2023 4:57 AM
Mar 2017
To gostando até do dublado
Aug 18, 2023 6:21 AM
Dec 2021
I hate the garbage of a mc
Sep 23, 2023 2:40 AM
Aug 2021
This episode was just as good as the last one. I feel sorry for Kazuyaa's Grandmother when she finds out the truth she will be heartbroken. Chizuru is actually so nice. She really doesn't owe Kazuyaa anything she really is just doing this out of the kindness of her heart. The fact the Kazuyaa then DEFEND MAMI INSTEAD of Chizuru got me heated. I'm now starting to hate him and we r only on episode 2. He needs to do better. Tbh though I didn't expect them to have the same everything. Mami is a hoe, she couldn't stand the fact he had moved on to something better and now she wants to come back. Women😪😪
Jan 18, 10:19 AM

Jun 2022
proved that rental girlfriends are exactly no different than "free" alternatives.
Feb 25, 12:28 AM
Mar 2023
WHAT IS THIS SHOW IM DYING
Apr 9, 9:32 AM
Jun 2020
the main character is trash
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » aside from the mc being unlikeable, what else do people hate about this show?

FruitPunchBaka - May 13

42 by Alpha-Nine »»
Yesterday, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

216 by gamer78 »»
May 18, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.