Forum Settings
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2019 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Arthur is back but not the one we come to know.

Uh oh, I got a weird feeling about all this.
Dec 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Oct 2012
(sigh) another problem to deal with

"Happiness is like glass. It may be all around you, yet be invisible. But if you change your angle of viewing a little, then it will reflect light more beautifully than any other object around you."
Dec 9, 2019 11:28 PM
May 2019
Manga is being dragged out too much. Im losing my will to keep reading, it just feels like random stuff is being piled on to keep the series going. Anyone else feel the same?
Dec 10, 2019 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
BlueMoonTornado said:
Manga is being dragged out too much. Im losing my will to keep reading, it just feels like random stuff is being piled on to keep the series going. Anyone else feel the same?
I also feel the same
Dec 10, 2019 2:49 AM
May 2018
BlueMoonTornado said:

yeah the manga is stretching as far as i know it.
“If to be truthful is to be cruel, then lying must surely be an act of kindness. And so, kindness is a lie.”
Dec 10, 2019 9:00 AM
Apr 2015
Eh, at this point I don't really care about it anymore...
Dec 10, 2019 9:26 AM
Jul 2016
Well, things just got interesting.
Dec 10, 2019 11:38 AM
Mar 2010
BlueMoonTornado said:

I feel like the storytelling has taken a little bit of a dive with all the demon king stuff and how long it took to end that arc but I dont think any of this was random all these plots were still left open with Merlin's sin, Arthur, and we still havent even met the high priestess.

also what an ass pull that meliodas "used all his demon king power" i thought the whole development was that he gained power equivalent to the demon king not a temporary power... so dumb
Dec 10, 2019 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
this is so sad :( how the story just keeps getting dragged out forever!
Dec 10, 2019 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
Seriously?! The mangaka destroyed a very good manga, just finish it please :(
Dec 10, 2019 12:29 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, there's still more. Nothing can surprise me anymore at this point.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 10, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2014
I don't know if I like this chapter or no. I wouldn't mind if the series end rather. This plot is interesting, but favourite protagonistic characters will become antagonistic and this is nasty :( But NnT is still quite successful, so why not continue, right? I'm torn inside.
Dec 10, 2019 2:57 PM

Nov 2018
Ahh shit here we go again

Dec 10, 2019 3:27 PM

Jun 2014
Oh we aren't done yet........
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 10, 2019 3:57 PM

Sep 2013
I'm still so fucking upset. The mangaka pulls everything out of his ass for everyone including minor who-gives-a-fuck characters.
Been reading this shit for yearssssss wanting to see Merlin finally reciprocate Esconars feelings and all I get is a scar..

> Esconar baddest mf in the story
> Mangaka: whoops not even your power bruh

> Esconar has a tragic past but has Merlin he wants to be comforted by
> Merlin: You're just an interesting subject but Arthur is my hope

Now it turns out she just wanted him to fuck the lake princess to become the king of chaos... -___-

Esconar deserved better
Dec 10, 2019 7:10 PM
Mar 2015
Merlin awakens Arthur
Dec 10, 2019 9:26 PM
Jul 2016
Hmm.... NNT is utter garbage at this point, no doubt about it.....however, i wont deny that i want to see the actual backstory of Merlin and some actual flashback to the war back then. That being said, the author did terribly bad with the story. He should have shown the Backstories of all the sins, and then the final arc against DK, and make him not a pussy ass bitch. This is so sad. Play despacito, alexa.
Dec 10, 2019 11:56 PM

Feb 2011
This is peak comedy
Dec 11, 2019 12:48 AM
Jul 2016
Dokizukeru said:
I'm still so fucking upset. The mangaka pulls everything out of his ass for everyone including minor who-gives-a-fuck characters.
Been reading this shit for yearssssss wanting to see Merlin finally reciprocate Esconars feelings and all I get is a scar..

> Esconar baddest mf in the story
> Mangaka: whoops not even your power bruh

> Esconar has a tragic past but has Merlin he wants to be comforted by
> Merlin: You're just an interesting subject but Arthur is my hope

Now it turns out she just wanted him to fuck the lake princess to become the king of chaos... -___-

Esconar deserved better

I don't get why you even included the ass-pull part, but considering those two points.
1. I think it adds a lot to Escanors character when the power is not originally his, because it shows the latent power he possesses and the type of person he is so that 'Sunshine' chose him instead of returning back to the supreme deity.
2. Yes I agree that the one sided romance should have maybe had something more to it, BUT if you remember Escanor knew that Merlin would never return the feeling. So when Merlin does as much as kiss him (permanently scarring her in the process BTW) it meant as much to Escanor as if they were in a multi year long relationship.
3. The King of Chaos stuff is still too early to tell what Merlin wants to do with that. We need to know her full backstory and motives before anything else. Currently her motive appears to be traditionally evil, but it could be an anti-hero like motive aka it seems like a perfectly good thing to do in Merlins eyes, but from everyone elses POV it appears as antagonistic.
Dec 11, 2019 10:04 AM

May 2018
Merlin, what the fuck are you doing?!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Dec 11, 2019 2:19 PM

Oct 2017
Wish I could actually be interested in this Merlin/Arthur bullshit.
Dec 13, 2019 11:14 AM

Oct 2017
So Merlin wanted to awaken Arthur as the king of chaos, so the question is for what reason. Surely not for chaos and destruction I hope. I mean if she wanted that she just could have helped the demon king and commandments instead of stopping them.
Dec 13, 2019 11:20 AM
Jul 2016
MegamiRem said:
So Merlin wanted to awaken Arthur as the king of chaos, so the question is for what reason. Surely not for chaos and destruction I hope. I mean if she wanted that she just could have helped the demon king and commandments instead of stopping them.

No if the Demon King and commandments won it would have ushered in an era of darkness, not of chaos. The defeat of the Demon King is what started the era of Chaos, because the era of Gods ended when Light and Dark were thrown into an imbalance.
Dec 14, 2019 2:56 PM
Aug 2018
Why do I have a feeling that Escanor will be back to fuck this King of Chaos' ass bullshit ? Because the new arc involves Merlin ? I dunno just a hunch . Anyways COME ON JUST GIVE ME THE FUCKING SUPREME DEITY MAN !!!
Dec 18, 2019 2:41 AM

May 2019
I feel like this next arc will give the manga a chance to redeem the last arc. Not that it was bad per se, but the plot progression was a little loose; the plotholes and loose threads can be wound together tightly in this (hopefully) final arc.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 26, 2020 5:21 AM

Dec 2015
You cannot be serious right now...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 9, 2021 4:13 AM

Nov 2019
Okay I have to be honest, I was thrilled for a possible interesting plot twist, but awakening a new final boss wasn’t it, sorry. That’s just once again delaying the end of this series and that’s no good.
Jun 28, 2021 11:21 AM

Jun 2017
Not sure why so many hate this chapter. We still have many loose ends and this arc may tie those together.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 47 Discussion

frozen_soul - Sep 22, 2013

10 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 46 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 15, 2013

19 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 45 Discussion

Candor123 - Sep 12, 2013

7 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 44 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 2, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 43 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Aug 26, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.