Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan' Gets TV Anime

New
Sep 24, 2019 8:05 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The November 2019 issue of Monthly Action magazine announced on Wednesday that Daisuke Hiyama's Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan (Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time) manga is getting a television anime adaptation.

Synopsis
Peter Grill is known throughout the land as the world's strongest fighter. He has a girlfriend who he's steadily trying to get closer with. Life is good for him. Until he realizes that dozens of women—who want to bear strong children—are all vying for his seed. (Source: MU)

The comedy fantasy manga began its serialization in Monthly Action in August 2017. Futabasha published the fourth compiled volume on July 12.

Source: Comic Natalie

Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan on MAL
VindstotSep 24, 2019 8:31 PM

Sep 24, 2019 8:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
All I'll say is that I hope this won't get absolutely demolished by censorship as an anime

While it's not really an explicit manga in terms of visuals (there's no nudity to speak of), in terms of content matter there is a lot of sex in this manga. Even if it's done in a quite comedic fashion, it's still very unusual for a harem to actually go all the way like this (though that's part of its charm) but I could see TV broadcasters having issues with it. I guess we'll have to just hope for the best
Sep 24, 2019 8:21 AM

Nov 2008
Shukufuku no Campanella almost to a tee with how the harem is and both Peter and Leicester have a fiancee.

HaXXspetten said:
All I'll say is that I hope this won't get absolutely demolished by censorship as an anime

While it's not really an explicit manga in terms of visuals (there's no nudity to speak of), in terms of content matter there is a lot of sex in this manga. Even if it's done in a quite comedic fashion, it's still very unusual for a harem to actually go all the way like this (though that's part of its charm) but I could see TV broadcasters having issues with it. I guess we'll have to just hope for the best

This is probably something that Comic Festa should've taken on, because I don't think AT-X can go this far.

Sep 24, 2019 8:24 AM

Jun 2019
Is this supposed to be the MonMusu spin-off cause i don't think i approved it. I DIDN'T.

SKIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Sep 24, 2019 8:36 AM

Feb 2019
I see comments and everyone says that it is a hard ecchi with netorare. Exist there are many more interesting manga without an anounced anime. Well this is not new but likely that the anime is not of good quality and ends up ignored, I don't think ufotable takes care of it right?
Sep 24, 2019 8:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
RayReynolds said:
I see comments and everyone says that it is a hard ecchi with netorare.
Technically it has NTR elements in the sense that every girl in it is trying to seduce him except his actual fiancé because she's super innocent (as in the type that think kids come with the stork level innocent). But it doesn't really feel like NTR because his fiancé is barely even a main character in the first place and the general tone of the series is very light-hearted. Despite its content matters, the manga is first and foremost a comedy with a lot of memes in it and ecchi/harem second
Sep 24, 2019 9:10 AM

Feb 2019
RayReynolds said:
I see comments and everyone says that it is a hard ecchi with netorare.
Technically it has NTR elements in the sense that every girl in it is trying to seduce him except his actual fiancé because she's super innocent (as in the type that think kids come with the stork level innocent). But it doesn't really feel like NTR because his fiancé is barely even a main character in the first place and the general tone of the series is very light-hearted. Despite its content matters, the manga is first and foremost a comedy with a lot of memes in it and ecchi/harem second

the jolly tone of a work does not make this element less serious, as in takagi-san it is still a routine of unilateral bullying no matter how much they make it look "cute"
Sep 24, 2019 9:23 AM

Jun 2019
RayReynolds said:

the jolly tone of a work does not make this element less serious, as in takagi-san it is still a routine of unilateral bullying no matter how much they make it look "cute"
I know right? Oh yeah she's fucking cute an all and people forget that she's bullying the poor guys all day and night.

Lmao, i've already lost all faith in humanity and i don't think the future will be that shine considering all the shit nowadays.
Sep 24, 2019 9:29 AM
May 2011
Looks cute, looking forward to it
Sep 24, 2019 9:47 AM

Jul 2015
> borderline hentai / harem / ntr

just make a hentai for people to fap instead of this bullshit
Auto Skip
Sep 24, 2019 10:00 AM

Oct 2010
Tista said:
RayReynolds said:

I know right? Oh yeah she's fucking cute an all and people forget that she's bullying the poor guys all day and night.

Lmao, i've already lost all faith in humanity and i don't think the future will be that shine considering all the shit nowadays.

That's teasing and not bullying. You should see the stuff my friends' gfs do to them. Why do people love to over react is not known to me.
Sep 24, 2019 10:07 AM

May 2012
Another echii harem anime

I will watch it because I love sexy girls
Sep 24, 2019 10:22 AM

Nov 2014
HaXXspetten said:

Synopsis caught my attention, but reading this made me really interested. I guess I'll join in hoping for lenient censorship.
Sep 24, 2019 10:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Tista said:
RayReynolds said:

Uhm no. Bullying is done out of malice. Teasing like what Takagi does is solely because she likes him. The only way that argument would work is if she went completely overboard with it and ended up hurting him instead but I can’t say that’s ever happened
Sep 24, 2019 12:37 PM

Feb 2019
HaXXspetten said:
Tista said:

Uhm no. Bullying is done out of malice. Teasing like what Takagi does is solely because she likes him. The only way that argument would work is if she went completely overboard with it and ended up hurting him instead but I can’t say that’s ever happened

even if she really hurt him, I don't think changes people's vision because his evil twin brother (nagatoro) exists, it's already malice directly and people still like him, and if we go to the harem-ecchi we always see the gag comic of abuse, insults typical of the girls towards the protagonist among toxic things, but the tone always lies to you on the topic.
Sep 24, 2019 1:23 PM

Aug 2018
HaXXspetten said:

You can count on it it will heavily be censored if it's a TV show. Sadly.

Never heard of this series before. Still I would be watching this because I'm a man of culture. Monster girls ftw.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 24, 2019 5:51 PM

Jul 2017
HaXXspetten said:

Such a weird series, definitely one that has been under the radar since it's only been 2 years this went into serialisation. Can't say I'm hoping to watch this, but being a man of culture, we'll see. Praying for the good of this adaptation.

Hoppy said:

This is probably something that Comic Festa should've taken on, because I don't think AT-X can go this far.

I think even in more recent times AT-X being the odd one out with less to no censorship policy, even they have to cut down on the insane amount of stuff that could happen. While I agree that Comic Festa, as much as being a showcase anime, I am concerned that the move to the small screen will have many implications that are unique to the manga, that is taken out of proportion. Nevertheless, really just have to wait and see.
Sep 24, 2019 9:02 PM

Jan 2014
I used to read a few bits of this, it's......okay. I guess i could see myself watching it when i have time
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Sep 25, 2019 4:13 AM

Apr 2011
tragedydesu said:

Auto Skip

Yeah for real I mean-
I know that this kind of show tends to sell really well (which is why they continue to churn them out), but I really wish that they wouldn't bother and just give the people who watch this shite the hentai they really want and spare the rest of us. :l
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Sep 25, 2019 7:55 AM

Jun 2019
tragedydesu said:

Auto Skip
No, this is what everyone wants. Harem + Ntr is what the peak of anime looks. You should already be familiarized with that, amirite? :)
Sep 25, 2019 9:32 AM
Aug 2012
It's pretty fast that this manga is getting an TV anime adaptation. Last time i checked the manga had at least 21 chapters. Then, chances are they might turn this series into one of those short-form anime with 5-10 minute long episodes. Wonderfully it's not under 10 minutes long, maybe 2 chapters per episode as a 1-cour series.
This was a surprise, always happy when a harem series gets adapted into an anime, although i could think of other harem series (and ones with actual harems) i'd like to see animated or given another season.
Sep 25, 2019 10:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
AngelicTotoro said:
tragedydesu said:

Auto Skip

Yeah for real I mean-
I know that this kind of show tends to sell really well (which is why they continue to churn them out), but I really wish that they wouldn't bother and just give the people who watch this shite the hentai they really want and spare the rest of us. :l
Generally I would agree but this is not the best example for that argument because despite the themes, Peter Grill isn’t really erotic at all. There’s nothing about it that really appears as if it’s trying to get people off. It’s just a comedy really, it just so happens to use sexual themes to drive its humour
Nov 24, 2019 11:07 AM

Jan 2019
Ok, let's go to the point, does the guy ends up cheating on his fiancé or just ignores the monster bitches?
Nov 24, 2019 11:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
RottenOrange said:
Ok, let's go to the point, does the guy ends up cheating on his fiancé or just ignores the monster bitches?
Well..
Nov 24, 2019 12:01 PM

Jan 2019
HaXXspetten said:
RottenOrange said:
Well..

Feb 13, 2020 4:33 PM
Jul 2015
I'm really excited about this. The manga for this is a hilarious gag series that had me rolling many times. I know this series will get some hate cause of its cheating premise with all these SJW viewers but it shouldn't be taken seriously and stay as just a gag.

More topics from this board

» 'Dandadan' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

9 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu' Gets Third Season

DatRandomDude - Today

6 by Otakupervert890 »»
3 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra' Gets TV Anime

Nioxys - Yesterday

6 by uncleqrow »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Boku no Hero Academia' Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - Today

23 by thebrentinator24 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Blue Lock 2nd Season' Announces Pair of Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

3 by mpazarrr »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.