Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2008 8:10 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was really weird, I don't really know what to think of this episode. Taro's 'conversation' with Miyako was my highlight but that ghost thing at the end was interesting as well. But if I'm honest, I'm kinda lost when it comes to the meaning of this episode. xD

Looking forward to more, as always. I'm still enjoying this anime a lot.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 27, 2008 5:25 PM

Jan 2008
Does Masayuki want to rape that bald hag or something? He immediately split her legs and they did show him reject that other girl, representation of his sexual frustration because of his parents (I thought that was his sister, she seemed pretty young) relationship and his father's cheating. Maybe he wants to find out whats so good about her. Taro definitely messed up when he said that to Miyako so brashly (or at all), but I guess he can't really relate to the way she feels not being in control of herself alot of the time.
Mar 27, 2008 9:35 PM

Sep 2007

Good episode, but not quite as awesome as the previous few. And Masayuki's tastes are as bad as his father's. Balding woman ftl. >.<
Mar 28, 2008 2:21 AM

Jul 2007
I wonder how did Masayuki managed to escape the ghosts, but apparently it made that other kid evolve. Also I don't really want to think Masayuki is actually atracted to that woman, but if then I'd guess bad taste is genetically inheritable. Really, the only female I can think of that were shown in the whole series that would actually be less attractive would be Makoto's grandmother. And possibly her maid... Anyways, it's possible that the ghost wasn't even Masayuki to begin with. Maybe Dr. Hinata?

Really nice moment with Tarou and Miyako, they somehow managed to make it serious and funny at the same time.

Also, it seems very likely now that Makoto's mother is going to kill herself, though since he is still in that town it may turn out to be another confrontation.
Mar 28, 2008 7:58 AM
Dec 2007
Masayuki no ecchi ;D

Great episode for obvious reasons, Taro told Miyako just what I believed from the beginning of the series, but a bit rashly... I wonder how things will evolve from now on for the protagonists, it's getting as intense and interesting as it is mysterious.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 28, 2008 6:35 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, great episode, things are going in a clearer direction now...

Mar 29, 2008 12:20 AM

Oct 2007
One button down, rape time!

Apr 1, 2008 11:22 PM

Jan 2008
Damn, i really thought he was gonna rape her. xD
Anyway, boring episode hope the next is going to be better.
~de Arimasu
Apr 2, 2008 6:27 PM

Mar 2008
Man poor Miyako shes getting identity problems now. I'm not sure who the ghost was at the end if it was Masayuki or that one Makotos dad or someone else. I so wish I could astral project it would be so cool and it would get me out of here =_=
Apr 5, 2008 5:02 AM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:
That was really weird, I don't really know what to think of this episode. Taro's 'conversation' with Miyako was my highlight but that ghost thing at the end was interesting as well. But if I'm honest, I'm kinda lost when it comes to the meaning of this episode. xD

I think I agree; the cliffhangers from the previous episode weren't answered (though you just assume that Makoto's mother didn't do anything to Tarou and that Masayuki escaped those ghosts with Michio's help), which confused me a bit. The highlights of the episode was Taro's conversation and the end bit with Ootori (the 'balding' woman).
Apr 15, 2008 6:44 AM

Jul 2007
Haha was that really Masayuki there at the end?! lol if it was I guess we know why he wasn't interested in the girl who confessed to him earlier; he's likes 'em ripe:D

Jul 19, 2008 4:28 PM

May 2007
lolwut :v

a jeroen bosch painting in ma ghost hound :v
Nov 6, 2008 10:49 AM

Oct 2008
I got a bad feeling about this ~~" i think miyako will be kidnapped by this mysterious organisation...so it would happen again <<"
The voice in the end could be really masayuki but i'm not sure...man i don't like this "I'm more pale than bleach" doctor lol her colleague is also strange..the typing was him hmmmm ~~"
Tarou confessed his thoughts and feelings...and i think he is right about what he is saying...also seemed to crack something up inside miyako she didn't want to hear but already know deep inside...also another hint her "mother" isn't her real mother...she only was for 4 years...
Apr 23, 2009 6:25 PM

May 2008
Masayuki at the end was pretty funny, wonder what will happen now with him and the scientist lady.
Dec 30, 2009 10:08 AM
Oct 2009
...at least 1 of them knows the advantage of being a invisible man....
Jun 30, 2010 4:09 AM

Mar 2009
Snark reminds me of Ishida Uryu.

The whole reincarnation thing about Taro's sis and Miyako.. wonder whether it's true.
Feb 9, 2011 5:02 PM

Oct 2008
Poor Miyako.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 30, 2011 9:16 AM
Jun 2011
yeah zq, i noticed that too.. the garden of earthly delights, pretty serious reference for an anime. nothing shows the depravity of human lust like that painting.
Oct 17, 2012 8:36 AM

Jan 2012
boner achieved...
Aug 20, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
AlexSadist-sama said:
Snark reminds me of Ishida Uryu.

I thought i'm the only one, they really are look a like
Mar 23, 2014 8:42 AM

Feb 2014
wow i kind of expected that the end can be where masayuki's father is the one who's in the room but i don't know if it's really masayuki or not : p and i hate this red lips woman she's just ughh -.-

Jun 14, 2014 2:10 AM

May 2008
zq said:
lolwut :v

a jeroen bosch painting in ma ghost hound :v
hotcarl said:
yeah zq, i noticed that too.. the garden of earthly delights, pretty serious reference for an anime. nothing shows the depravity of human lust like that painting.

That painting made me curious, so I was browsing this topic in hope that someone mentioned its name/author.
Jul 14, 2014 7:46 PM

May 2012
Another very impressive episode! Let's see what's next!
Feb 9, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
Man, what's up with everyone and that gigantitted scientist? She got da BOHBS, so it's AAAALL okay.

Sep 11, 2016 7:54 PM

Jan 2014
Poor Miyako...The voice in the end .. lol xD
May 10, 2017 11:02 PM

Jul 2016
Miyako "Be a man, who gets nervous talking to a 6th grader?"

Oooooh shit son didn't see that one coming. Lmao!

That was getting weird there in the end, kinda incesty almost as if he wishes she was his sister...
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 3, 2018 6:03 PM
Mar 2012
I thought hidden realm form/ghost can't touch real world. Doc woman planning to leave, a spy maybe?
Taro might be right but he messed up big time insensitive fool. Miyako having hard time at school & seems to dislike her mom.
Aug 7, 2020 9:35 AM
Nov 2017
I was hoping to see how masayuki escaped but I guess we just assume glassess helped. Not really into him randomly developing the power though. I thought the others had it from trauma and everything. And their exposure to the spirits in the building. But I guess glasses was bullied a little and was around them enough.

I also find it amusing all these people think Masayuki us attracted to that woman when he's haunting her to find out more about what's going on there and his dad. Probably also some revenge for her seducing his father.
Aug 24, 2021 1:01 AM

May 2020
Poor Miyako. She's desperately trying to hold onto her sense of "self" and along comes Taro (who's one of the few people who knows what she's going through), rejecting that and telling her that she's his sister's reincarnation.

Personally, I don't think Miyako and his sister are connected. It's just a coincidence that she was born right after they were kidnapped and he's projecting his sister on to her, probably because he's attracted to her and wants to feel a connection to her. Or I'm wrong, which is also possible.
Mar 31, 2022 2:13 PM

Mar 2019
Now I'm starting to like that "PR" guy, but also I feel so baddddd for Miyako, she has nothing to do with this.

Was that Masayuki at the end? Why would you do that, I don't understand.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 25, 2023 1:17 PM

Dec 2022
The animation when Taro and Miyako were talking was atrocious. Taro's face was repositioning itself in every second frame. Did Ghost Hound run out of budget half way through the episode?

I thought the spirit trying to molest titty woman was Masayuki's dad at first, no longer able to resist his hunger for feet, but looks like it was Masayuki himself. Wondering why that is.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 14, 2023 10:56 PM

Oct 2016
Oh so they are two years apart. The ship doesn't seem bad now. But he sees her as his sister, so the ship is bad again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nihil - Apr 22, 2008

151 by perennial_suit »»
Aug 1, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 21 Discussion

Jacut - Apr 15, 2008

33 by perennial_suit »»
Aug 1, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 3 Discussion

cyruz - Nov 10, 2007

40 by perennial_suit »»
Jul 11, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 20 Discussion

naikou - Apr 14, 2008

41 by Dark7xl »»
Jun 27, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 16 Discussion

lostty - Mar 18, 2008

37 by Dark7xl »»
Jun 26, 6:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.