Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 5, 2019 6:45 PM

Jul 2015
Hey, they actually performed on stage, and it wasn't weird or awkward or anything. Just cute girls putting on an actual performance. I didn't expect this at all... and it feels weird... I was just waiting for someone to forget their lines or something but they all did really well... and then it ended and wasted no time getting back to the usual and I just sort of felt like... yes... this is what I'm here for. 10/10 this anime is great.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 6, 2019 4:54 PM

Jul 2009
The play was lovely!
Apr 7, 2019 3:42 AM

Apr 2014
I really loved the stage play, it was beautiful and sad at the same time. The girls were all so cute too. This series was good despite Mya's parts when she was a bit gross.
Apr 11, 2019 3:45 AM

Jan 2012
Well those were some damn impressive effects for a 5th grade school play! Episode was a nice ending, though I definitely enjoyed a few other episodes more like the one with the mall shopping or best-girl Hinata having to go 5 days without her Mya-nee.

Anyway I'm pretty torn on what to grade this one. On the one hand, this was a pretty adorable show full of lovable characters. I adored best-girl Hinata and it was nice to see the mothers play as much of a role as they did. In fact I wouldn't have minded seeing more of them. On the other hand, and this is where my feelings become clouded I....didn't always enjoy the core relationship the series was built on, that of Hana and Mya-nee. I can look past the questionable premise, this is a series where there literally wasn't a single male character afterall, it ain't meant to be taken too seriously or looked at that way, outside a joke or two here and there. But rather, I just fell in love with Hinata and would have preferred Mya-nee fall in love with her instead! Sister love afterall is wonderful. At the same time since they're already family the whole "Mya finally makes friends" sub-theme wouldn't have really worked had the show gone that route. And I dunno if I can really blame the show for that. I want to give this an 8, but I dunno if my inner...reservation will let me. Hmmmmmm....I'll play it safe at keep it at 7 for now, but it's definitely a high 7.
Apr 18, 2019 8:57 AM
Mar 2017
Doga Kobo always providing us MOE anime every season.

Overall the cgdct of this anime is at it's peak. Did not expect a musical ending and it was beautiful.

9/10
Apr 22, 2019 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
This anime was a lot better than I expected! At first I thought it would be similar to Uchiuza, but this was different.
I loved this last chapter the play was cute and I'm not going to lie I shed some tears (this stories always hit me hard).
5/5 chapter overall series 9/10.
I really want a second season 😁
May 2, 2019 6:06 AM

May 2009
I did not expect a tearjerker for a final episode. Seriously, that play hit me hard enough to get me all misty-eyed.

This show was fantastic. Not a boring bit in any of the 12 episodes, and I definitely wouldn'tmind more.

With shows like these, Doga Kobo has become one of my favorite animation studios.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 6:49 AM

Sep 2018
The first part of the episode, I was surprised and almost made to cry, it almost seemed that I was watching another anime, then we return with our feet on the ground and the circle closes, making it clear what all the anime is for almost: like the influence of one person on the other, it brings oneself and the other to change one another. Quality of drawings and animations, always high, a feast for the eyes.

7/10
Jun 2, 2019 1:19 AM

Apr 2015
- Their teacher has some seriously OP talent for a elementary teacher.

- The closest CGCDT gets to classic Disney?

A premier CGDCT, almost as good as it gets. A cross between Uzamaid and Gochiusa perhaps with only their meritable points inherited and less desirable ones discarded. 7/10
Jun 4, 2019 5:29 PM

Feb 2015
I want a spin off of that play... it was so beautiful I almost cried *wipes tear*

Hopefully a season 2 or something similar to this and Uzamaid comes out soon.
Jun 5, 2019 2:27 PM

Nov 2013
wow what a great musical play, i really wasn't expecting such a long play, with such a nice song , just wow

anyway, great cgdct anime, i loved it
5+ cute girls, a pretty nice main girl, fun mothers, what else can we ask for? =D
super fun interactions between everyone, lots of cute moments, girls enjoying sweets, cosplays as well, character development for Mya...

i ended up giving it a 8/10 but i might actually change it to 9 later, since this show is probably on pair with other cute shows i gave 9 and even 10s
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 6, 2019 6:34 AM

Mar 2019
that musical was surprisingly awesome o,o
Aug 8, 2019 11:56 AM

Aug 2013
Really now? People compare this to Uzamaid? This anime is for kindergarteners if you want to compare these two
Sep 24, 2019 1:06 AM
Sep 2018
Swagernator said:
That was some deep shit right there for elementary schoolers.

Anyway i wouldn't mind a second season.

I hated this show... watched in 3x speed... suuuuper boring... this anime is only for time wasting I guess. Wonder why it got 7.5 rating on MAL!!
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Sep 24, 2019 5:33 AM

Apr 2016
Thesra said:
Swagernator said:
That was some deep shit right there for elementary schoolers.

Anyway i wouldn't mind a second season.

I hated this show... watched in 3x speed... suuuuper boring... this anime is only for time wasting I guess. Wonder why it got 7.5 rating on MAL!!

That's the problem, you should watch it in 6x speed.
Sep 24, 2019 7:25 AM
Sep 2018
Swagernator said:
Thesra said:

That's the problem, you should watch it in 6x speed.

I will if there is another one like this.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Sep 25, 2019 5:46 PM

Oct 2007
winddevil1 said:
wow what a great musical play, i really wasn't expecting such a long play, with such a nice song , just wow

anyway, great cgdct anime, i loved it
5+ cute girls, a pretty nice main girl, fun mothers, what else can we ask for? =D
super fun interactions between everyone, lots of cute moments, girls enjoying sweets, cosplays as well, character development for Mya...

i ended up giving it a 8/10 but i might actually change it to 9 later, since this show is probably on pair with other cute shows i gave 9 and even 10s

just in case you're looking for them. The songs in the musical play are in the Wataten Sound Collection cd. They're really nice to listen to. :)
Oct 16, 2019 5:37 AM

Aug 2018
I miss the show already...

God that musical ending was great. Unexpected, but really a brilliant move.

I miss the girls and their energy T-T This was such a good show XD
Dec 19, 2019 7:03 AM

Aug 2014
This could have been a very good anime if not for the sister being so creepy.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 9, 2020 10:20 PM
Aug 2017
Awwww that was so wholesome, great anime , anime like this aint bad once in a while ^^
Mar 29, 2020 4:10 AM

Aug 2018
Well, I didn't expect for this play to actually turn anime into fairy tale.. It's quite a nice play.. Many things are just beautiful.. Singing and words, story, characters.. Touching scenes.. It's just such a nice play.. ;p
And here is the meme, where Yuuna gives something, ordering something.. Alright.. ;P
The story is just too sad, though.. I like dramas personally.. So I'm glad about seeing it.. But it's a bit strange, how they set story this sad as a play.. It was also hopeful, on the other hand, I guess?.. Heroes still singing and smiling, even with such tragic events happening.. So what was the story after all, in the end?.. I'm not too sure.. Maybe I'll read comments..

Well, overall it's hard for me to decide, how much I liked anime.. Ending episode was great.. As well as first episode.. Slice of life stuff is enjoyable as always with cute girls doing cute things, but in this case it was more about elementary schoolers.. Their topics are more innocent, it feels.. Even if we had tad bit creepy stuff here and there, it still felt like it's anime more about children, rather than usual girls from CGDCT genre.. But that's for me personally.. I enjoy these girls more like children, rather than usual girls, if you catch, what I want to say.. And I enjoy anime about children a bit less, honestly, than if girls would be from middle or high school, where relationships are already a norm really, and many other things.. So it's hard to say, how to rate this anime.. I guess, for now I'll give it a high mark.. But will see later in the future, how much I'll feel I enjoyed this anime after some time..
Apr 20, 2020 10:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, Doga Koba is an unparalleled force when it comes to these cutesy and wholesome CGCDT shows! Fantastic ride for me personally as such, from start to finish.

Quite the touching story there, though. Sensei, I think these kids are a little too young for a tear-jerker of that sort I reckon. I was expecting a lot of tears for some reason, lol.

Mya-nee taking strides forward and Hana-chan showing a bit more of her concerned side to her were a treat to watch, in particular. But well, seeing all the Characters back again definitely livened it up and ended this off on a high!

I hate to do this though but I'd weigh this just a tad bit lower than Uzamaid! but this was fabulous nonetheless. Hinata will go down as one of my favorite imouto characters for a long time for one, I'm certain. Going to miss these characters ~

Animation Quality and the Artsyle plus the color usage hit right on the mark imo. Op/ED were great company too, it's going to be a new addition to my healing music playlist.

Leaving the Special for later today to brighten the day xD.

Solid 7.5/10.
_MushiRock11_Apr 28, 2020 9:35 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 28, 2020 3:43 PM
Apr 2020
YESSS!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!
Jun 7, 2020 2:24 PM

Mar 2019
Very good episode, they made a whole story with songs, I wasnt expecting that
The story was pretty good tbh

Too bad its already over, it was great 9/10
Jun 8, 2020 4:47 PM

Oct 2015
I didn't expect the play would be a musical, and less such a long one. I expected a average children play.

Noa dressed as Miyako totally tricked me haha, I thought she was another classmate who looked like Miyako.

So, this show finally ended, I'm going to miss seeing this girls, they were all so cute.
Sep 11, 2020 8:56 AM

May 2020
That singing was so... amazingly beautiful. I loved it all.
I'm autistic, male and Norweigan
Sep 23, 2020 4:08 PM
Mar 2014
I wonder if the artist is a bent pedo since that is what this anime revolved around.. normally I'd be okay with anyone as long as it involves moe but myo made it uncomfortable for me to watch
Oct 31, 2020 9:01 AM
Jun 2016
This finale's first half has no business being that good. I even had goosebumps a few times. I'd say this is probably one of my favourite season finales in a CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things) slice of life anime so far. I'd say this episode had a kind of Disney and "Your Name" (the Makoto Shinkai film) feel that's presented as a CGDCT anime.

Speaking of Disney, I've also noticed that anime doesn't have many musicals. Based on my experiences, at least. Seeing as this episode pulled it off, I kind of wonder why I haven't seen musical anime before? I mean, I guess you could count idol anime such as iM@S and Love Live. But they just feel different from an actual animated musical. Well, they say that Disney is a huge thing in Japan. I guess they're fine with just dubbing those instead of making their own?

Yeah, I'd say Hana's voice fits the songs in this episode.

This is a little silly to speculate but I'm guessing lesbianism is the norm in the WataTen universe. The angel and the human were in love in this episode's play. Although to be fair, it wasn't explicitly stated that it was a romantic kind of love. I mean, I said this because this is typical in shows like Love Live and Yuru Yuri. Heck, both WataTen and Yuru Yuri are Comic Yuri Hime manga that's animated by studio Doga Kobo.

I like the detail of Noa wearing a wig similar to Miyako's hair. Like, she plays as the granddaughter of the character Hinata plays as.

I was expecting the teacher to apologize to Miyako because she thought that Miyako was a suspicious person in the previous episode. Probably a different faculty member, though.

Of course, Koko probably "helped Hinata spread rumours about Miyako." What a rather heartwarming ending for her.

I've just noticed that Yori's eyes have paler pupils than the rest of the cast? Yeah, I've noticed that way too late, lol. But I mean, she doesn't appear as much as the main characters. So, yeah.
Dec 5, 2020 6:31 PM
Mar 2019
Was a fun watch, basically being a wholesome Happy Sugar Life. Mya nee even sounds a little like Hanazawa Kana. Never thought I'd be sad to finish a cute slice of life but the energy of the show was great. The voice actresses really brought it with this one.
Jan 15, 2021 10:32 AM

Jun 2020
A really adorable way to end the show! For a Gradeschool show , the show's story was pretty deep , I'm impressed, way deeper than any other show I've been in as a kid. I was wondering how their production quality was so high till I realized it was mostly a reimagining lol.
Incog-Miyako in the crowd was great haha(⌐■w■)
I would definitely be interested in another season, the show's comedy was on point and the characters have their charm, even the moms were awesome OwO Despite Miyako's creepy moments , I grew fond of her , especially since she's a really good onee-san, not to mention her and Matsumoto being my favorite characters in the show.
A really wholesome show that I liked more as it progressed
Jan 18, 2021 7:51 AM

Feb 2020
That musical was just perfect. Easily one of the best final episodes ever.

Overall, this was such a great show. I loved every moment.

10/10.

SerafosMar 31, 5:17 AM
May 5, 2021 1:34 AM
Jun 2019
Glorious final episode. Absolutely glorious.
May 24, 2021 10:44 AM

May 2021
At first it's a bit cringe but it got better with every episode.
Jul 2, 2021 7:23 PM

Sep 2020
So this was basically a moe version of Anthem of the Heart's last scene.
That rememberance itself made me cry a bit. Man, I love those musical piece inserts.

So cute!!!
Jun 1, 2022 12:44 AM

Feb 2020
Serafos said:
That musical was just perfect. Easily one of the best final episodes ever.

Overall, this was such a great show. I loved every moment.

10/10.

Yeah, I totally agree with my previous comment. The whole musical was simply amazing.

Overall, a very cute and funny show with a great cast.

SerafosMar 31, 5:19 AM
Jul 4, 2022 7:47 PM
Feb 2022
Fue un gran anime, y la obra de teatro estuvo muy linda. He oído que habrá una película, así que resta esperar a que se estrene.
Oct 27, 2022 7:07 AM
Jan 2022
wow man the anime was peek wholesome, I don't know for sure which element was it in the song's love story (may be the death of daisy and the story of eternal love), but it did made me cry for some reason 10/10 from me.
Jan 12, 2023 4:35 AM

Jul 2015
Had to book a doctor's appointment after almost receiving multiple heart attacks because of this diabetes anime.
Aside from Mya-nee and Koko's questionnable behaviour, this certainly is the most adorable show I've seen so far.

Mar 9, 2023 8:47 AM
Sep 2021
IMPRESIONANTE CAPITULO
Mar 30, 2023 10:23 AM

Aug 2019
probably my least favorite episode. not because its bad but i just dont like songs like that in shows/movies and over half of the episode is that play/song.
was a great rewatch. now to the ova ive never watched for somereason and then the movie :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2023 7:55 PM

Dec 2022
Great anime but that play was really sad, not that that's a bad thing. I would love to see that play made into an anime.
Dec 17, 2023 1:11 AM

Nov 2023
Wow, very cute musical theme
Dec 18, 2023 9:01 AM
Dec 2023
first thought she was a pedo, ended up wanting more
Feb 19, 8:18 AM
Jun 2022
i love loli BEST ANIME EVER EVER EVER EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» are we not talking about how there's no male in this anime?

nanzsins - Sep 19, 2021

24 by 5PaLasDoce »»
Mar 30, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

48 by Rasco »»
Jan 27, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2019

47 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2019

62 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2019

52 by nanajp »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.