Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2017 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I got the impression that this episode is more of a breather at after all the fighting going on recently.

That is until, Adam appeared again...trouble just seems to follow him.
I liked the second half of this episode better as everyone back on the road to make things right.

Tsubasa and Shirabe make a decent team~
Aug 26, 2017 4:38 PM

Sep 2015
A nice breather episode, though a bit tensed due to Shirabe's insecurity.

A quite nice unison attack from Tsubasa and Shirabe, though the fight a bit lacking since it was shorter than the previous one, and it seems as if Prelati can't even put a fight against them.

Next episode would be Hibiki and Kirika? Wonder what their unison attack would be? Hibiki only have her fists (which is more than enough), and combined with Kirika's scythe, just what kind of attack would it be?

On another note, when will Hibiki sing her second song?
'Real Money Talks'
- Kagayama Kaede
Aug 26, 2017 8:03 PM

Sep 2016
LMAO i thought they are going to play....

CHILDREN CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLE for a moment there XD

GangsterCat said:

What do you want to see most in Seasons 4 and 5?

4. tsubasa x shirabe duet song (nana mizuki x yoshino nanjo)

and FINALLY FINALLY ,YES!!! I KNEW THE DIRECTOR READ MY COMMENT THERE XD
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 28, 2017 6:18 AM

Oct 2014
GangsterCat said:

GangsterCat said:

4. tsubasa x shirabe duet song (nana mizuki x yoshino

Considering Katsumi Ono directed YuGiOh 5Ds...
Sep 2, 2017 9:04 AM
Sep 4, 2017 1:43 PM

Sep 2008
Man the good guys are somehow starting to look the villains. Prelati wasn't even doing anything and they just chased her down and "killed" her.
Sep 5, 2017 11:08 AM

Oct 2013
tbh, Prelati screwed up.

Episode 9 Alter:

Tsubasa: Hey, Alchemist, what's your goal, what are your plans?!

Prelati: My Adam betrayed us, He's gonna kill me and Saint-Germain, I'm trying to save our lives from being alchemical sacrifice, you can follow me and we'll meet with Germi. Oh, by the way, the Lodgemaster Adam is in <Insert Hotel here> so, go for him and kill him!"

But no, she had to keep firing at the gears and she got killed.

Well, I'm still hoping that neither her and Cagliostro are really dead, just badly injured and captured...

_______

Theory: That priest was Shirabe's Grandfather. The Shrine reads "Tsuki" but it's written as "Shira"

+Tsubasa and Shirabe duet
+ALCHEMIC GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES
Sep 5, 2017 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
Would you look at that, all we need for Commie to get off their asses is some random dude posting some god awful 4chan subs before they release their episode and they come running to "save the day".

Saltiness aside, these recent episodes are really pickng up the pace. Now let's see if Saint-Germain is gonna see through Adam's plans or if she'll get blinded by rage against the Symphogear users.
removed-userSep 5, 2017 7:25 PM
Sep 5, 2017 12:32 PM

Aug 2013
All eyes on how Saint-Germain will react. Will she go the typical, manipulated route and go aggro-vengeance mode on the Symphogear users? Or will she actually take time to think about the situation at hand and realize that Adam cannot be trusted? Ultimately she has to decide how truly committed to her goals she really is and if she is willing to sacrifice herself for those convictions. Meanwhile, I'm wondering if that shrine has anything to do with Shirabe. That final scene showed something about Tsuki then showed the sign with the name "Shira". The plot thickens.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 5, 2017 10:36 PM

Mar 2008
Thespacepope said:
Man the good guys are somehow starting to look the villains. Prelati wasn't even doing anything and they just chased her down and "killed" her.

To be fair she was a wanted mass murderer barreling down a highway at extreme speed. They didn't assassinate her while shopping at the supermarket. There was more than enough reason to intercept her. And frankly they were initially simply trying to stop her. But she kept on resisting and they had to raise their response to a higher level. Especially with them getting closer to a residential district.

If she stopped and tried actually talking then she'd be alive. That was the difference between Prelati and Shirabe. Prelati only really trusted Saint Germain and Cagliostro. While Shirabe stepped outside her comfort zone. If Prelati was able to do the same she'd still be alive.
Zantius said:
All eyes on how Saint-Germain will react. Will she go the typical, manipulated route and go aggro-vengeance mode on the Symphogear users? Or will she actually take time to think about the situation at hand and realize that Adam cannot be trusted? Ultimately she has to decide how truly committed to her goals she really is and if she is willing to sacrifice herself for those convictions. Meanwhile, I'm wondering if that shrine has anything to do with Shirabe. That final scene showed something about Tsuki then showed the sign with the name "Shira". The plot thickens.

That's an interesting bit. With the story the guy told about his granddaughter 'dying with her family' I wouldn't be shocked if Shirabe was connected to that place. Now maybe her family simply visited there once...But if that joke wasn't really a joke then maybe she is his granddaughter. Something they can always do something with in season 5 if they want to.
Sep 5, 2017 11:43 PM

May 2015

A slower episode, but an adorable one since adorable little Shirabe is the central character this time.

"He's well-versed in the ninja arts of the Hida. We'll never even get near him without working together." - LOL.

I looked up some spoilers, and I believe the creators based that shrine off of a real one in Japan.

Kirika's casual outfit looks pretty damn good. Edgy with some skin revealing. Symphogear ought to release a fashion line based off of the girls' outfits.

Fun Fact! Shirabe's symphogear design is based off of a rabbit.

HIGH QUALITY FAN SERVICE INCOMING!

PRELATI CAN RIDE THAT THING? Man I'm just going to assume that anything can happen in Symphogear now.

I'm actually happy that we got ourselves a highway-chase battle scene. Works perfectly for Shirabe and Tsubasa's gears. Unfortunately for Prelati, she was at a huge disadavantage here since her Kendama is her primary weapon, and she couldn't really use it while she was riding it. Nice duet with Shirabe and Kirika. I kind of wished that it was Eurobeat...because you know...

"Racing Duet of Wind and Moon". It's a freaking drag racer. I know Prelati's Kendama is tough, but I wouldn't try to challenge a drag racer head on...

And now Prelati is gone too. I was starting to like her...Looks like Adam is just going to have to sacrifice Saint-Germain. What exactly is this "Divine Power" that Adam is talking about?

So the only battle left is between Saint-Germain and Hibiki and Kirika. I'm pretty sure Hibiki and Kirika get along well, so unison shouldn't be a problem. The issue is if they're smart enough to make their fight work. After Hibiki simply punching through Germain's Dragon Fang Shot, I don't think she'll be much of a challenge...unless Germain has something that we haven't seen yet...That will mark episode 10, meaning that we got 3 episodes for the final battle...I hope we don't lose Saint-Germain too. I really like these villains. At least save one of them!

TarotistSep 5, 2017 11:48 PM
Sep 6, 2017 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
This concerns me greatly. After this episode, they've now officially killed TWO humans. This coming from a team that doesn't want to use their power against humans at all, even just to "defeat" them (Fine, Carol, Maria and her group when they were terrorists). And now they've killed TWO. And yet, so far the anime is just glossing over this like as though they kill humans all the time. Are they gonna murder Saint Germain next episode, then proceed to NEVER care?

I'll hold off on final judgement until the last episode, but I'm worried about the direction Symphogear is starting to take. One of the things I love most about this series is how compassionate all the Symphogear users are, but that compassion is starting to deteriorate.

FlareKnight said:
That's an interesting bit. With the story the guy told about his granddaughter 'dying with her family' I wouldn't be shocked if Shirabe was connected to that place. Now maybe her family simply visited there once...But if that joke wasn't really a joke then maybe she is his granddaughter. Something they can always do something with in season 5 if they want to.

"These priestly pranks really aren't funny"
ryuknightalexSep 6, 2017 3:03 AM
Sep 6, 2017 7:10 AM

Apr 2012
All Prelati needed to do was say 'I need your help' and none of this would be an issue.

Nonetheless, nice backstory on Shirabe, interesting seeing her with all these insecurities when she's always seemed so resolute, I hadn't realized just how much she actually relied on Kirika, and I'm glad she was able to break out of her shell.

ryuknightalex said:
This concerns me greatly. After this episode, they've now officially killed TWO humans. This coming from a team that doesn't want to use their power against humans at all, even just to "defeat" them (Fine, Carol, Maria and her group when they were terrorists). And now they've killed TWO. And yet, so far the anime is just glossing over this like as though they kill humans all the time. Are they gonna murder Saint Germain next episode, then proceed to NEVER care?

I'll hold off on final judgement until the last episode, but I'm worried about the direction Symphogear is starting to take. One of the things I love most about this series is how compassionate all the Symphogear users are, but that compassion is starting to deteriorate.
Well, not wanting to fight people is more Hibiki's shtick than the others. She may have infected them with her mercy, but the other girls have always been prepared to fight with humans, and often have had to help pull Hibiki into the fighting mindset each season.

Though I agree it feels like something's not right with how easily they've offed Cagliostro and Prelati, even with Hibiki not being involved in those fights. I'm kind of hoping one of the 'tricks' Cagliostro mentioned last episode is something like hiding away in one of their pocket dimensions, and that she pulled Prelati into one as well.
Sep 6, 2017 8:45 AM

Mar 2008
ryuknightalex said:

To quote Chris/Tsubasa (S1) and Kirika/Shirabe (S2) "This is a battlefield! What's wrong with you!?" The Symphogear users have always been well aware of the possibility of killing their opponents. It's a battlefield. They aren't fighting with blunt objects or tasers. I don't think Chris was planning on KO'ing Carol in S3 by firing a large missile at her when her guard was down. Or Kirika was just going to lightly knock out Tsubasa in S2 by tying her up and preparing to cut her in half! Even when Carol suicides herself mid-season 3, Hibiki was the only one who really cared.

S4 has been rather effective of laying out where the main cast is. Outside of maybe Hibiki they aren't Batman running with a no-kill policy. If they can bring someone down without killing them like they did with those soldiers then sure they will do that. They aren't out there to kill everyone in sight. But if they can only bring someone down with going all-out, they aren't going to be surprised when that kills the other person either. They've all seen way too much hurt, pain, and death to worry about someone who has been trying to murder them and innocent people all season.

I think Hibiki is one thing and her friends are another. Hibiki has always wanted to avoid fighting if possible and even when she does fight she wants to just stop the other person. But that's just Hibiki. The closest to that was Maria, but that ties into the soldier situation. None of them really want to go all out against people who can't fight back. But whether it is against Finé, Carol, or the other alchemists they've been fighting knowing what is at stake. They are using armed gears, weapons against living people. The likelihood of the other side getting killed is nothing new.

Plus it is probably pretty easy to rationalize on their end. They are dealing with alchemists here. People who have either created near immortal bodies or are copying Carol's technique of cloning and memory transferring. It's kind of hard to treat people who have been living for hundreds or thousands of years as human anyways. I suppose I can understand being a bit surprised, but the series hasn't taken any dramatic turn here. Killing has always been on the table to some degree. This season just has enemies that aren't going to get recruited. The murder count for Saint Germain and company is in the tens of thousands. If they aren't going to lay down their weapons there isn't much the main cast can do about it. Not when they need to bring out 100% to defeat them.
FlarisKnightSep 6, 2017 8:50 AM
Sep 6, 2017 12:00 PM

Jun 2014
Glad to finally see some development for Shirabe now that she's no longer joined to the hip with Kirika. I can relate to her temperament somewhat so I've kind of warmed up to her a lot which I don't think is ever going to happen with Maria or Kirika.

I think it's implied the old man is her grandpa.. so wonder if we'll be hearing more of his lame "jinja-jokes" in the future.. I don't look forward to it -__-

ryuknightalex said:
This concerns me greatly. After this episode, they've now officially killed TWO humans...

Well we don't know that for sure be it certainly seems like it for now. I suppose the girls have just been smug or smiling after they apparently killed someone. This makes me think the "deaths" are fake but we'll see. I'm sure we'll get a walloping dose of Hibiki's attempted pacifism next episode.
Sep 6, 2017 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
I'm happy they finally gave Shirabe some development separately from Kirika. It was about time they gave her the spotlight alone (well, not exactly, since Tsubasa was here too, but the episode centered more in her and her issues with trusting other people, so...). And, if in the previous episode we had a rocket, now we have a car chase... with a hammer as a vehicle. Sasuga, Symphogear.

Now, the predictions of the opening have been true so far. In the previous episode we had Chris + Maria vs Cagliostro and in this one we had Shirabe + Tsubasa vs Prelati, so that means Saint-Germain will be probabaly defeated by Hibiki + Kirika, and then we would have all the Symphogears (and maybe Saint-Germain?) against Adam.

Also, is ironic how Prelati could had avoided her demise if she would had told Shirabe and Tsubasa about her true intentions instead of just running around. I guess she was too prideful for that.

Tarotist said:
Fun Fact! Shirabe's symphogear design is based off of a rabbit.
I guess the twintails helps to maintain that image. It also funny the guardian animals of the temple featured this episode are precisely rabbits.
Sep 6, 2017 2:24 PM

May 2015
ryuknightalex said:

Well in Episode 7, Chris was reminiscing her battle against Leiur and even said to herself "If only there was another way..." So if Chris regrets killing Leiur, why did she kill her? Among all the Symphogears, Chris is the one most likely to pull the trigger. But seeing that she did have some regret for killing Leiur shows that while Chris won't hesitate to kill, it does not mean that she is willing to do so. Chris showed some sympathy, even though Leiur wasn't human.

As for Cagliostro, let's take a look at Cagliostro in this image:

Cagliostro came to the Symphogears with the intention to kill. Sonia and Stefan were present, and if Chris didn't do anything, they would definitely die. You wouldn't show sympathy to someone who's about to eagerly kill your close friends, would you? Cagliostro did not hold back at all in her fight. She was going all-out, and if Chris and Maria hesitated for a moment, they would have died themselves. It's like a sword clash. The first one to give in gets their head cut off. Cagliostro "died" because she was asking for it. Prelati didn't hold back either, so she "died" because of it. Same goes for the autoscorers. Maybe they weren't human, but those were some really devastating "kills" by the Gears. The Autoscorers intended to die, but the Symphogears did not know that, so they killed without hesitation.

Hibiki is the only one who has yet to "kill" someone. Considering her willingness to help people, I am very sure that she will avoid all means to kill Saint-Germain (it's going to be Adam that kills her anyway...). If it was Hibiki who fought Cagliostro and Prelati, perhaps she may have found a way to prevent from killing them. I guess I'll have the praise Hibiki's designer again for being the only Symphogear that does not wield a weapon. Weapons are made for the intention of fighting. Hibiki however does not have that intent. If you point a gun or sword at someone, you show the intent of threatening them. Now if you extend your hand out to someone, that can mean many different things. It's what makes Hibiki different from the others. Now if it was Edgelord Hibiki (whom I just pulled 5 minutes ago. HELL YEAH!), then maybe she might be a little more threatening...
TarotistSep 6, 2017 10:17 PM
Sep 6, 2017 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
You guys are misunderstanding what I'm saying entirely. My concern isn't that they've killed. My concern is how the show is handling it after making such a big deal out of them NOT killing. If killing isn't a big deal, why make NOT killing such a huge point throughout the series up until now? Why show them being EXTREMELY hesitant to kill humans (in the same episode, no less. Anyone remember Shirabe's reaction to seeing Genjuurou fighting them in the training area?), only to have them kill a human without so much as a shred of thought?

And the whole "the enemy was coming at them full-force" thing is just a BS excuse. You really expect me to believe Carol was holding back? You really expect me to believe Fine was holding back? They didn't kill Carol. They didn't kill Fine. They didn't have to kill Cagliostro or Prelati. They just did.

Honestly, I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever with this whole thing if the writing was done better. If you're gonna change your mind on not killing, at least have some reason for it. Don't just suddenly gain amnesia or some shit and magically forget that you're supposed to be a pacifist.
Sep 6, 2017 8:53 PM

May 2015
Well this is the part where I bite my tongue, punch myself in the face, and bang my head against the wall. Disregard everything I just said. The only way we will get any answers is by waiting for the next episode for Saint Germain to explain it all.

That aside, I have a few theories.

1. Saint Germain granted Cagliostro and Prelati a body that gave them everlasting youth/immortality. Translations may be wrong, but this might mean that the two are not "dead" yet.

2. When the two "died" there were no traces of them to be found, which is a fault of the anime since it didn't really say anything about the aftermath of each fight. So perhaps they teleported to a dimension in case they were in danger. This could explain why Tiki says they "disappeared".

3. The Philosopher's Stone holds souls, right? Just a thought.

WAAAAIT A MINUTE! "Women's Intuition...That's a hunch I'm willing to follow..."

THAT'S IT! I think I know what's going to happen!

Cagliotro and Prelati are definitely not dead, because they planned for this to happen. Cagliostro's "intuition" told her not to trust Adam, so she goes against the gears by herself. Cagliostro did not "die" because she was overpowered, she "died" because she allowed it to happen. Prelati caught on to what Cagliostro was doing, and Prelati decided to follow suit. Prelati "dies" in the same manner that Cagliostro does, at full power in a power clash. Both Cagliostro and Prelati had the opportunity to run away from their fights, but instead they chose to not run and fight head on in full force. Now you're asking "Why didn't Cagliostro and Prelati run, and why did they fight at full force?"

The Answer: Tiki.

Tiki was the one who reported their "deaths" to Adam and Saint-Germain. It seems as though Tiki is able to monitor the alchemists. The surge of power that Cagliostro and Prelati had in their final moments was was to convince Tiki that they were fighting their hardest. And when they lost, their power "disappeared" from Tiki's radar telling her that they have been defeated. This is to make it sound that they were convincingly killed. The reason? To deceive Adam. Adam and Tiki believe that Cagliostro and Prelati are gone. However, this is a ploy devised by Cagliostro to remain in hiding so that Adam can continue on with his plan. And when Adam's plan is just about to come to fruition and Saint-Germain is in danger, that's when they'll appear to save her and thwart Adam's plan.

Of course, this is all just a theory, so take all this with a grain of salt because I can be completely wrong. But given the importance of the Alchemists and how Symphogear likes to keep its characters alive, Cagliostro and Prelati are bound to return one way or another, and the above scenario might just be how it goes about. And given how anime goes, the alchemists fail to stop Adam, and that's when they team up with the Symphogears to stop him.

IN THEORY!
TarotistSep 7, 2017 12:38 PM
Sep 8, 2017 2:28 AM

Oct 2008
Why do they always have villains that doesn't act like a true villain and just following orders from sone outside source...!?
4/5.

Sep 8, 2017 9:51 PM

Jan 2013
matias067 said:
Why do they always have villains that doesn't act like a true villain and just following orders from sone outside source...!?
4/5.

Technically, Carol wasn't following orders from "some outside source". She was following her father's words, sure, but it wasn't actually his orders. It was her wild misinterpretation of his words.

As for the illuminati being involved, she wasn't following THEIR orders, either. They helped with the construction of her I'm-not-gonna-bother-trying-to-remember-the-whole-name-and-spelling device in some manner (I'm assuming finances and/or materials), but never really "ordered" her to do anything with it. Instead, they let her do her own thing, and secretly took advantage of her plans for their own. (notably, the information on the leylines).

*edit* I don't recall the terrorist organization "Fine'" following any outside orders, either. Both "mom" and Dr. Ver were "inside" the organization while giving orders to Maria's trio. And wait, Priestess Fine' wasn't following outside orders at all, either. "Ryoko" was, in a sense, but only because she wasn't actually Ryoko at all and was actually Fine'.

Okay, I honestly can't tell where you're getting this impression of "outside orders" at all. What are you even talking about here?

@Tarotist I kinda wanna call that theory "wishful thinking", but it actually makes quite a bit of sense. It did feel rather off to me that Cagliostro would eavesdrop on Adam's conversation with Saint Germain, say something along of the lines of "hurting one of us is hurting all of us, and those that would do so need to be stopped" to Saint Germain (not her exact wording, but basically the same messege), then run off to solo the Symphogear users for......reasons. Sure, she had a plan for fighting them and winning, but why fight them at all? Because Adam said so? Adam, the guy you're suspicious of and DON'T want to follow anymore?

The biggest problem I would have with your theory, however, would be Prelati. As far as I could tell, Cagliostro never told Prelati about any plan. In fact, I don't think she even told Prelati about her suspicion of Adam. She simply ran off to fight on her own for.......reasons. Prelati became suspicious of Adam on her own after Cagliostro's death, confronted Adam, confirmed her supsicions, and then started running of to warn Saint Germain.

And as for her battle with the Symphogear users? She didn't go all out to try and trick Tiki or anything else like that. She went all out because she had no choice. Her intentions weren't to fight at all, but to escape from Adam and warn Saint Germain. She wasn't trying to fight the users at all, and in fact spend most of the battle trying to avoid battle. The problem with that, is that the Symphogear users were able to keep up. On top of that, but they then started going all-out on Prelati.

Prelati had no choice in the matter. The only way she could warn Saint Germain was to escape, and the only way to escape the Symphogear users was to fight them. They were too fast to simply outrun, and her simple attacks just weren't slowing them down.

Of course, assuming Cagliostro did, in fact, have some sort of plan, it's likely she also would have been able to save Prelati somehow, with or without Prelati being aware of any Cagliostro shenanigans. I'm sure Cagliostro would have thought ahead at least a little bit. Probably would have some sort of plan for saving Saint Germain in any future battle as well.

And actually, it might not be any sort of plan to begin with. There might just be some sort of function in the Faust robes they wear. It would make a lot of sense for an Alchemist like Saint Germain, who is able to give them "immortal" bodies to have some sort of device/ability/whatever to keep them "immortal" even when they "die". In fact, it would actually be kind of weird if Saint Germain DIDN'T plan that ahead at all.

In any case, we'll all have to wait until ep. 10 (and possibly even later, if the same trend continues with Saint Germain) to find out.
ryuknightalexSep 8, 2017 9:59 PM
Sep 8, 2017 11:15 PM

May 2015
ryuknightalex said:

@Tarotist I kinda wanna call that theory "wishful thinking", but it actually makes quite a bit of sense. It did feel rather off to me that Cagliostro would eavesdrop on Adam's conversation with Saint Germain, say something along of the lines of "hurting one of us is hurting all of us, and those that would do so need to be stopped" to Saint Germain (not her exact wording, but basically the same messege), then run off to solo the Symphogear users for......reasons. Sure, she had a plan for fighting them and winning, but why fight them at all? Because Adam said so? Adam, the guy you're suspicious of and DON'T want to follow anymore?

She simply ran off to fight on her own for.......reasons. Prelati became suspicious of Adam on her own after Cagliostro's death, confronted Adam, confirmed her supsicions, and then started running of to warn Saint Germain.

And as for her battle with the Symphogear users? She didn't go all out to try and trick Tiki or anything else like that. She went all out because she had no choice. Her intentions weren't to fight at all, but to escape from Adam and warn Saint Germain. She wasn't trying to fight the users at all, and in fact spend most of the battle trying to avoid battle. The problem with that, is that the Symphogear users were able to keep up. On top of that, but they then started going all-out on Prelati.

Prelati had no choice in the matter. The only way she could warn Saint Germain was to escape, and the only way to escape the Symphogear users was to fight them. They were too fast to simply outrun, and her simple attacks just weren't slowing them down.

Of course, assuming Cagliostro did, in fact, have some sort of plan, it's likely she also would have been able to save Prelati somehow, with or without Prelati being aware of any Cagliostro shenanigans. I'm sure Cagliostro would have thought ahead at least a little bit. Probably would have some sort of plan for saving Saint Germain in any future battle as well.

And actually, it might not be any sort of plan to begin with. There might just be some sort of function in the Faust robes they wear. It would make a lot of sense for an Alchemist like Saint Germain, who is able to give them "immortal" bodies to have some sort of device/ability/whatever to keep them "immortal" even when they "die". In fact, it would actually be kind of weird if Saint Germain DIDN'T plan that ahead at all.

In any case, we'll all have to wait until ep. 10 (and possibly even later, if the same trend continues with Saint Germain) to find out.

After reading Nekekur's frame by frame analysis of past episodes, I've come to make a habit on paying attention to every single frame. I decided to watch Episode 9 again and decided to pick out a few clues. Now then:

Cagliostro simply ran off to fight on her own for.......reasons.

EXHIBIT A:

The biggest problem I would have with your theory, however, would be Prelati. As far as I could tell, Cagliostro never told Prelati about any plan. In fact, I don't think she even told Prelati about her suspicion of Adam.

EXHIBIT B:

And actually, it might not be any sort of plan to begin with.

EXHIBIT C:

And there's one more detail that could have saved Prelati:
EXHIBIT D:

Darn it! Too much speculation! Let's just wait for Episode 10! Sorry, but I can't handle not seeing my waifu!
TarotistSep 8, 2017 11:21 PM
Sep 16, 2017 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
Murderers! Loli down! Loli down!

For some reason this episode reminded me of Panty & Stocking ep 1 part B "Death Race 2010", and a little Redline too.
Sep 18, 2017 11:41 AM

Sep 2013
Shirabe building a wall inside herself and with help from the priest and tsubasa she gets over it.
Prelati gets run over :'(
Sep 21, 2017 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
this ep honestly if only Prelati would have told them wjhat was going on then maybe she could have lived and they could have did something about whats going on but nope of course instead she just started fighting them lol

good ep but was pretty dumb imo but just how it goes smh
"one step at a time"
Sep 15, 2018 1:52 PM

May 2016
GangsterCat said:

GangsterCat said:

4. tsubasa x shirabe duet song (nana mizuki x yoshino nanjo)

CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLE!!!

I blame Ono for that XD
Sep 15, 2018 1:53 PM

May 2016
CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLE!!!

I blame Ono for that XD
Nov 15, 2018 1:15 PM

Jul 2009
Damn, they didn't even let Prelati reason as to why she's causing havok.

At least, Shirabe finally gets to unison with others besides Kirika. Yeah, the whole bike scene really reminded me of 5D's, which I didn't realize is also the director of the current Symphogear seasons.

NICEE!!
Nov 23, 2018 8:56 AM

May 2016
Tsubasa and Shirabe make a decent team~

Nice backstory on Shirabe, interesting seeing her with all these insecurities when she's always seemed so resolute.

Gotta love Adam's fanservice fam

What's with the chase scene? CARD GAMES ON MOTERCYCLES? XD

Katsumi Ono tho did direct 5d's
Mar 29, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2018
I actually wonder why almost no one (except of 2/3 people) commented that this episode kind of reveals that Shirabe is related to the Shrine or more likely to the priest.
1. A joke about a granddaughter that died in a car crash with her family and would be the same age as them (if she was still alive).
2. Her Symphogear is based on a rabbit, so does the shrine.
3. Tsuki Shrine, including the belongings she had when she was found... Tsukiyomi.

Loved this episode.
Koito91Mar 29, 2019 3:48 PM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 24, 2019 3:18 PM

Apr 2012
Oh wow they iced Prelati like it was nothing, somehow I think that wouldn't have happened with Hibiki.

I hope Saint-Germain makes it out alive.
Jun 19, 2020 8:18 PM

Jan 2012
They sure transitioned into killing people pretty quick. Strangly enough Hibiki hasn't been involved in this cause if she had she would not approve. Not that I have a problem with this, the sgow just doesn't seem to acknowledge this.
Dec 26, 2020 4:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
saint germain is totally just maria 2.0, recycled plot is really recycled, but we get super ripped dude as main baddie so I can't complain when all the baddies so far are either annoying wimps like dr. ver or the lolis from GX

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 10, 2021 10:42 AM

Feb 2020
Tiki is still annoying as hell, but otherwise this was a decent episode.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:59 AM
Jun 14, 2021 1:59 AM

Feb 2014
tsk tsk the symphogear blocking the fast lane on the way to the shrine xD

I wanna go the the bunny shrine :O

I found that to be a really interesting battle ngl, espeially since all Prelati wanted to do was warn Saint-Germain

that “jinja-joke...waraenai” at the end was golden xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2023 11:58 AM

Nov 2010
Prelati's death was forced, IMO. How hard is it for Prelati to ask them nicely that she wants to be left alone so she can warn Saint Germain and for Shirabe & Tsubasa to tell Prelati that she's free to do so as long as she doesn't destroy everything in her path?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:55 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

35 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

46 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.