Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2017 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That alien-like cocoon thing looks dreadful.

Saint-Germain isn't very trustworthy imo but I think she'll play an important role as an ally. The monster that hatched looks really peculiar to me, hard to relate with off the top of my head. It seems the miiltary and characters threw everything at it.

Not bad for this episode. It has kept it momentum going.
Sep 23, 2017 9:41 AM

Apr 2015
We Ultraman now.

Trump nuked Japan... fuck yeah!
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Sep 23, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2015
The development in episode 12 was not that hype than expected

Luckily Saint-German's team song was gold, I am all ready to buy their song.
Sep 23, 2017 11:32 AM

Sep 2016
KUROSAKI KUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!! still very effective it seems
tiki lmao
and ofc donald trump casually nuking japan after casual golf
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 23, 2017 2:01 PM

Sep 2015
The design for Hibiki being a divine weapon is far more intimidating compared to Tiki. Though I wish part of that power remains in Hibiki. Not even a god power able to break the bond between Hibiki and Miku. Their yuri power is beyond god level.

I expected St. Germain to sacrifice herself, after all even if she's alive, the government wouldn't overlook of her killing other peoples. Didn't expect Cagliostro and Prelati to be there, but I guess it's fine, even if it's a bit rush explaining how they manage to stay alive. Cagliostro singing surprised me, given her VA, I didn't expect her to singing quite well.

Not cool, Adam. Not cool. Taking the god power while St. Germain sacrificing herself. Really not cool. That Tiki moment though.

Looks like next episode will be between Adam and Hibiki after all. Next season will have different enemies. Hoping for new form next episode, even if Hibiki the only one to gain it. Still wish for Hibiki to some god power though, just for her to gain a new form.
'Real Money Talks'
- Kagayama Kaede
Sep 25, 2017 6:36 AM

Apr 2012
This all felt too easy. Power of Friendship freed Hibiki from the Divine Power, Cagliostro and Prelati show up only to die again - not the comeback we were hoping for, And then Tiki... accidentally gives Hibiki an opening to slay the Divine Power? Kind of corny.

So much hype was built up around the Divine Power consuming Hibiki, and we only go like 5 minutes of it, shame.

Honestly this is the weakest episode of the season. But we do still have one episode left, and hopefully a wrathful Adam vs Symphogear can be the epic finale this season deserves - because OH MAN does this season deserve to go out on an epic fight!
Sep 25, 2017 8:13 AM

Nov 2009
I expected god-mode Hibiki to be more impressive and dangerous. But somehow even injections work on her.

FateHero said:
Cagliostro and Prelati show up only to die again

My guess is, this isn't the last time we've seen the alchemist trio. Not after they "died" a few episodes earlier.
Sep 25, 2017 9:54 AM

Mar 2016
It was as if the writers wrote down a list of what they wanted to happen and animated it. I couldn't care less about the alchemists.
syncrogazerSep 25, 2017 10:04 AM
Sep 25, 2017 10:01 AM

Sep 2016
syncrogazer said:
It was if the writers wrote down a list of what they wanted to happen and animated it. I couldn't care less about the alchemists.
they need to find a way to get rid of the alchemist so they won't be there next season.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 25, 2017 10:32 AM

Dec 2015
Quite a nice episode, I liked the Alchemists' song.
Sep 25, 2017 10:49 AM

Sep 2013
hibiki saved by anti linker an miku's voice.
USA Illuminati launches the nukes but germain and the other 2 who are live sacrifice themselves to stop it :'(
Sep 25, 2017 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Plot Convenience: The Episode.

Jokes aside, this episode was such a letdown after all the hype from episode 11. Hibiki getting saved by the power of friendship, Cagliostro and Prelati coming back just to die a few moments later, things were resolved way too easily.

And with Hibiki back in the picture the last fight is going to be a joke since she's basically One Puch Woman at this point. Adam doesn't have the Divine Power anymore, what can he even do against the Symphogear users?
removed-userSep 25, 2017 11:52 AM
Sep 25, 2017 1:00 PM

Feb 2007
Sure feels Trump in here... But the obvious parallels brought in this time aside, America has always been like this in Symphogear, even in better times.

Looks like Tiki doesn't take betrayal lightly either, nice work there.

Well, now it's time to see how the next episode will manage to outdo the ridiculousness of this one to continue the tradition.
Sep 25, 2017 1:12 PM

May 2015

Tarotist said:
Then again, she's gotten the most ass-whoopings so far. First a cut to the face, then a clean punch to the face, now an elbow to the gut by Hibiki. What next? Getting shot in the ass?

"Put your guns down. If she resists, your guns will only get in the way." - Lol Genjuro.

Miku is a really good friend. Hibiki misses the birthday, but Miku understands that Hibiki is fighting and has to be patient. And all it takes to save Hibiki is getting shot in the ass and one loud "HIBIKI!!!!" Wait, sound energy? We Macross 7 again?

I really like Hibiki's "Divine" design. Very Cosplay worthy. Too bad it was short lived. Speaking of short lived...

CALLED IT!

I knew Cagliostro and Prelati would be back! Actually, @starlightshine gave it away when she announced that the trio would be at the live, because there wouldn't be a reason for them to be at the live unless they had a song ready...and their song was in this episode. Actually, the main purpose of this episode was to showcase their song. Since it felt like they just put it in here. And they made a lot of other things happen too. Well at least they rushed episode 12 and not 13. Hopefully 13 isn't rushed. They're going to steamroll Adam as we expect.

"Your God-Slayer is just not fair!" - Adam clarifying why he feared the Gungnir.

However, there might be some "divine intervention" in the final episode that will serve as the basis for season 5. Also, why do I have a feeling that Tiki will join S.O.N.G?

Announced at the Tokyo Game Show, the AXZ storyline is currently in development for XD Unlimited. Yay!

Finally, some final words to best waifu:

I know there are a lot of waifus in anime, but Cagliostro stood out so much compared to them. Cagliostro made me feel...so different. Was it because of her hair? I really like her hair. So cute...Was it her bust? Well, there's a lot of large busts, but I don't think that was it. Was it her fighting prowess? I've never seen a woman so voluptuous have such awesome fighting skills. I think what really won me over was her voice. It sounded so...alluring. When she talked, when she sung, when she got elbowed in the gut, her voice just made me all tingly inside. I think she was the only anime character who has ever made my heart beat faster and slower at the same time. I've never felt this way before. Don't worry Cagliostro. You may be gone, but you died for a noble cause. I promise that I will never forget you. I will keep you alive in my heart forever, and I will be dreaming of you every night.

Rest in Peace, my beloved Cagliostro.

TarotistSep 25, 2017 8:45 PM
Sep 25, 2017 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
Tarotist said:

Tarotist said:
Then again, she's gotten the most ass-whoopings so far. First a cut to the face, then a clean punch to the face, now an elbow to the gut by Hibiki. What next? Getting shot in the ass?

"Put your guns down. If she resists, your guns will only get in the way." - Lol Genjuro.

Miku is a really good friend. Hibiki misses the birthday, but Miku understands that Hibiki is fighting and has to be patient. And all it takes to save Hibiki is getting shot in the ass and one loud "HIBIKI!!!!" Wait, sound energy? We Macross 7 again?

I really like Hibiki's "Divine" design. Very Cosplay worthy. Too bad it was short lived. Speaking of short lived...

CALLED IT!

I knew Cagliostro and Prelati would be back! Actually, @starlightshine gave it away when she announced that the trio would be at the live, because there wouldn't be a reason for them to be at the live unless they had a song ready...and their song was in this episode. Actually, the main purpose of this episode was to showcase their song. Since it felt like they just put it in here. And they made a lot of other things happen too. Well at least they rushed episode 12 and not 13. Hopefully 13 isn't rushed. They're going to steamroll Adam as we expect.

"Your God-Slayer is just not fair!" - Adam clarifying why he feared the Gungnir.

However, there might be some "divine intervention" in the final episode that will serve as the basis for season 5. Also, why do I have a feeling that Tiki will join S.O.N.G?

Announced at the Tokyo Game Show, the AXZ storyline is currently in development for XD Unlimited. Yay!

Finally, some final words to best waifu:

I know there are a lot of waifus in anime, but Cagliostro stood out so much compared to them. Cagliostro made me feel...so different. Was it because of her hair? I really like her hair. So cute...Was it her bust? Well, there's a lot of large busts, but I don't think that was it. Was it her fighting prowess? I've never seen a woman so voluptuous have such awesome fighting skills. I think what really won me over was her voice. It sounded so...alluring. When she talked, when she sung, when she got elbowed in the gut, her voice just made me all tingly inside. I think she was the only anime character who has ever made my heart beat faster and slower at the same time. I've never felt this way before. Don't worry Cagliostro. You may be gone, but you died a noble cause. I promise that I will never forget you. I will keep you alive in my heart forever, and I will be dreaming of you every night.

Rest in Peace, my beloved Cagliostro.

Bruh....XD Just bruh I can't with you lol
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 25, 2017 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
So we got Hibiki x Miku pretty much confirmed at this point...like that was Game of Thrones level nicknames between the two. They are the official yuri pairing alongside Kirika and Shirabe, there is no other way of saying it. Slap that yuri tag on this series already dammit. Anyways, that episode was every bit as lit as per the norm of episode 12 of every past season in this series. Gotta love it. Hibiki got shot in the ass which was great and they got political real fuckin' quick having Trump in there launching the missile. Yes, even Japan hates you Trump. Anyways, RIP to Cagliostro, Prelati and best anti-villain girl, Saint-Germain. And now for the exciting conclusion next week. Oh the fire.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 25, 2017 8:41 PM

Aug 2014
Gotta love that ass shot. Hibiki god-form was pretty disappointing. Alchemists' last stand. I liked them, but can't say I'll miss them. Great song though. Battle seems over, but it isn't Symphogear unless it goes out with a bang.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 26, 2017 4:43 PM

Mar 2008
QuattroVaginas said:
Gotta love that ass shot. Hibiki god-form was pretty disappointing. Alchemists' last stand. I liked them, but can't say I'll miss them. Great song though. Battle seems over, but it isn't Symphogear unless it goes out with a bang.

Well I wouldn't say the battle is over though. Adam's immediate plan failed, but that divine power should still be hovering around looking for a host. Maybe he takes it into his body directly, or it goes into Saint Germain's gun that fell, or something like that. Maybe there is some cost or effect on Hibiki for using that god killing ability so many times.

What we didn't get is an obvious showdown scene like previous seasons. They aren't in X-Drive yet and things are looking pretty good.
Sep 26, 2017 4:55 PM

Aug 2014
FlareKnight said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Well I wouldn't say the battle is over though. Adam's immediate plan failed, but that divine power should still be hovering around looking for a host. Maybe he takes it into his body directly, or it goes into Saint Germain's gun that fell, or something like that. Maybe there is some cost or effect on Hibiki for using that god killing ability so many times.

What we didn't get is an obvious showdown scene like previous seasons. They aren't in X-Drive yet and things are looking pretty good.

Yeah that's what I meant; it looks like it's over but definitely isn't if we go by past season finales.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 26, 2017 5:12 PM

Jan 2013
Tarotist said:

You know it's true!
Sep 26, 2017 6:04 PM

Sep 2015
One thing though. Did they explain why the divine power went to Hibiki? I know St. Germain said "just who are you?" ,but did she and the others find out the reason why? Most people already presume it was because of the shenshoujing, but what if it wasn't? I hope they explain this next episode.
'Real Money Talks'
- Kagayama Kaede
Sep 26, 2017 7:23 PM

Mar 2011
Tiki just saved the day lmao
Sep 26, 2017 8:28 PM

Oct 2008
Another flashy episode!
Miku is the key/catalyst in saving Hibiki!
So with all the uncountable sins of Saint-Germain, Cagliostro and Prelati they sacrificed themselves so that the nuke be stopped.
Adam appeared again but this time properly stopped Hibiki god-slaying power! Good thing Tiki stopped also Adam! lolz
5/5.

Sep 27, 2017 4:41 AM

Jul 2013
Meh, was pretty anticlimatic for a Symphogear episode, especially for the penultimate
one. The fight againt Hibiki's God form wasn't as impressive as I expected (that ass shot was glorious, though) and it ended too easily considering the hype it got last episode. Yes, I expected Miku using the power of Yuri to calm her down, but, I don't know, it was too easy, and the other Symphogears didn't participated that much either.

The sacrifice of the alchemists was nice, but too obvious the show wanted to get rid of them and that was the reason why the nuke was sended even though the situation was solved. I can't say I disliked them, but I wouldn't miss them either. Their song was great, though.

Highlights of the episode were Trump wannabe sending the nuke for "humankind's sake" and Tiki ruining Adam's plan at the end spectacularly.
However, even though it was a funny moment, I wonder why they are planning for the last episode. Unlike the previous season finales (when the main antagonists used x power up to pull an epic final fight against the Symphogears), this time the situation is favorable for the heroines, so I hope Adam gets a trump card reserved for a desperate situation (or that he ends just pulling out a decent fight) before being defeated.

Although, considering how Adam mentioned the being who created him in the previous episode, I have the feeling we will have some clues of them the last episode, and will be the antagonists of the next season. I wonder too if the Kazanari grandpa will end up being a bad guy in the future.
Sep 28, 2017 6:50 PM

Apr 2008
AoNeko90 said:
One thing though. Did they explain why the divine power went to Hibiki? I know St. Germain said "just who are you?" ,but did she and the others find out the reason why? Most people already presume it was because of the shenshoujing, but what if it wasn't? I hope they explain this next episode.
Adam said something like "untainted soul". He probably thought is only possible in artificial life like him or Tiki, definitely not in humanity.
Hibiki did get through a lot of things, and she still look forward and full of hope.

And as much as I'm happy Adam's plan is spoiled
Godamnit Tiki
lol
Sep 29, 2017 7:47 PM

Mar 2008
As soon as I saw the golf ball, I knew it was Trump. LMFAO
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Sep 29, 2017 9:12 PM

Sep 2017
godbikki's butt was sublime
Oct 7, 2017 8:15 PM

Feb 2013
Miku saves the Hibiki. Good job calling that one.

Two dead bad-girls return just to die... at least they went out with a song :)

I'm disappointed Adam didn't get the power. Oh well, I expect the fight with him next episode.
Nov 2, 2017 7:40 AM

Apr 2011
Sucks the trio is gone, Especially Saint Germain.
Nov 16, 2018 10:48 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but lots of Deus Ex Machina and convenient saving. As much as it's good to see Cagliostro and Prelati coming back, only to die at the end. Still, what took them so long?! They could have stopped St. Germain before she even opened the gates at Episode 9. I guess they were waiting a moment to strike Adam?

I agree with Adam. That stupid God slaying weapon is unfair. It really soured my mood honestly, but I'm glad it rebounded with St. Germain and her team being the center of this episode.

Shame about them disappearing, but I guess they did put everything in that Lapis Philosophorum. But how do they plan on using it in the first place?! Was it to destroy everything and made everything reborn like they originally mentioned?

Last episode. I just hope Adam puts up more of a fight this time around.
Nov 23, 2018 10:33 AM

May 2016
AidenTheDark said:
godbikki's butt was sublime

God botty bro, that fanservice is good.
Nov 23, 2018 10:36 AM

May 2016
I'm gonna go straight to the point. The episode was good and made me like how Saint-Germain and her girls (Prelati and Cagliostro) were prepaired to die even when the odds were agaisnt them or i'm mistaken. Tiki got finally shut was a good sign. And HOLY SHIT, BIKKY TURNED INTO ULTRAMAN then going out full supreme king Zarc on the others was totally worth it.

MikuxTachibana is the true ship of the show after all. ;3
Nov 23, 2018 10:37 AM

May 2016
Even tho the episode was rushed, I still enjoyed it.

9/10

Last episode. I just hope Adam puts up more of a fight this time around.
Sep 1, 2019 2:35 PM

Apr 2012
Wow. Miku sweeping Godbiki off her feet, Saint-Germain singing, and Prelati and Cag still alive and joining in.

Good stuff.
May 1, 2020 9:35 PM

Nov 2009
America dropping the WMD's LUL, great episode.
Dec 26, 2020 6:45 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Of course you gotta aim for the butt cheeks, what else man.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 10, 2021 12:38 PM

Feb 2020
The sacrifice of the three alchemists was pretty obvious thing to happen, but it still made me so sad.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 8:01 AM
Jun 15, 2021 1:40 AM

Feb 2014
Dammit Trump! Ugh we could've been done with all this!...But now we might have another epic battle!!

I was gonna say it wasn't a very epic episode but the ending was pretty awesome! Wish the Alchemists didn't have to be sacrificed but oh well at least they got their wish at the end...if only Trump didnt send the WMD...

Lmfao Tiki xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2021 2:12 PM

Feb 2015
Was expecting Goddess Mado-- Hibiki, got an Ultraman-looking monster instead...

At least I had a good chuckle where they shot at her butt and it even jiggled lol
Sep 16, 2023 6:10 PM

Nov 2010
The USA is such a hypocritical country, even in an anime show. Haha
I wanted Adam to succeed! I am so curious what he would've done with that divine power.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

53 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:55 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

53 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 16, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

35 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

35 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:58 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

46 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.