Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 25, 2017 2:08 AM

Jan 2017
that was definitely the best episode yet
i liked how the previous cast got a lot more showtime... oh yeah and himawari. the interaction between everybody was so much better and i felt like the gags werent as cliche as the previous episodes.
but i did fell like punching the screen when boruto did that impersonation
May 25, 2017 2:57 AM
May 2017
I think I'm one of the few people who has mixed feeling about this episode. Superhero Boruto, Mitsuki and Hanabi were adorable 😂. Naruto being the goofball that he is was sweet. That Toneri cameo was cool (?).
But what bugs me are the slight retcons (is that applicable?) of the Byakugan. Like the whole one needs intense training to acquire Byakugan, when in the original series it was stated that ALL members had the Byakugan. The intense training was just to increase the power of the already acquired Byakugan.
And there was also the bit where Shikadai mentioned that Byakugan could also do precognition, a statement that also goes against the original series. Only the Sharingan has been confirmed and shown to have that ability.
I dunno, I get that they want to focus more on the Byakugan (and I totally support that), but I disagree with them adding these abilities to it. It just makes it seem as though, without these abilities, the Byakugan won't be considered on par with the other 2 dojutsu. Why not just focus more on their already awesome existing abilities?
Just my opinion, so no hate please 😅👐
May 25, 2017 3:08 AM

Jun 2010
More and more I kind of wish they had shaken this new generation up and made Himawari the focus, Of course she'd have to be a bit older, but basically in the role Boruto is in now.
May 25, 2017 12:01 PM

Sep 2011
Well of course Hiashi won't be able to reveal Boruto's byakugan because his eye isn't a byakugan in the first place....I think...maybe....who knows... it might be...wait..
May 25, 2017 2:01 PM
Jan 2017
Best episode so far, but nothing above a 7/10. One where Boruto starts to grow on the viewer. Don't think he'll grow on me as quick as Naruto did, but there's still time.

Best parts; Shikadai is starting to become the best character for me, Boruto mocking the person (Naruto) who stole the scroll of Sealing, Hiashi intro, seeing Himawari (she seems like a strong shinobi for the future).

The Hiashi intro was sweet, made me reconsider the direction I'd like Boruto to go. Maybe peach is the best thing for them... I still think for Boruto to be great than Naruto, hatred and battles between the 5 nations needs to happen again. Its the only time we usually see the best fights and jutsu's. Its a shame we haven't seen much jutsu skills so far, even from the academy.
May 25, 2017 4:24 PM
May 2017
Best episode so far... I wanna see naruto's face when he finds out his son got tenseigan lol
May 25, 2017 10:15 PM
May 2017
Best episode so far. The Kagemasa movie part was boring, but the rest of the episode was brilliant. Finally the plot is moving at a faster rate.
Also I was quite surprised by Toneri's appearance in this episode and that he has something to do with what's going on. The scene where he talks to Boruto through his dream was cool too but I wished they started talking more specifically instead of the very general phrases like: "You're gonna shoulder the fate of the world" to make boruto's role look so important, because we still haven't seen him accomplish anything or at least struggle to accomplish something. Because in Naruto's case we knew that he was the child of Prophecy very late in the story so everything before that was the challenges he had to face, unlike Boruto who is described as so special from the beginning.
However I hope they hurry with the explanations and the build-up so we get more action soon. Some serious action I mean, that involves a real threat, not just too convenient battles with people possessed with the dark shadow thing.
Anyway, seeing the grown Hiashi and Hanabi was relieving too. And that scene where Hiashi hugs his grandkids, so cute T_T
And I liked Naruto's reaction when Boruto told him that he believes he has the Byakugan. Like I was expecting him to say something like: 'That's my son I'm so proud of you' but then he was like 'I don't believe you' which felt more natural.
May 26, 2017 12:01 AM

Mar 2016
That ninja movie thou...LAME! I kinda thought Boruto with the visor trying to be cool with his "epic" monolog was pretty funny. Overall I thought it was just another meh episode
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 26, 2017 12:25 AM
Dec 2014
thiagopv said:
AnimeJunky said:
This is getting a lot better. Who was the guy who appeared in Boruto's dream? Can't wait to find out about his eye. Also, I'm so giddy over seeing Himawari & Hanabi. <3

I'm almost 100% sure it's Toneri Otsutsuki, the guy from The Last movie. And judging by the fact it's Toneri, Boruto's eye has to be the Tenseigan, right? I mean it was his obsession.

This episode was a bit fun, nice to see Naruto, Hinata and Himawari. I'm really looking forward to seeing Boruto finally acknowledging what his father does for his family, the village and the whole shinobi world.

I'm totally sure it's Toneri Otsutsuki and that Boruto has the Tenseigan, there's no other explanation bc Tenseigan it's the "evolution" of Byakugan and if Boruto hasn't developed the byakugan, but he got some sort of eye ability, it means that he got even better eyes or he's just crazy and wants to call Naruto's attention (but that's not going to happen because he's going to call Naruto's attention by getting stronger), that's what I think, I couldn't find another explanation. And if Toneri is trying to tell Boruto that his eye will save the world, obviously, he has to be talking about the tenseigan because he's a tenseigan (freak) lover.
May 26, 2017 7:32 AM

Jun 2016
Boruto goes to his grandpa for testing out the Byakugan, and get's challenged. But it doesn't really look like Byakugan to me. Must be the same as the clan related to the moon.
May 26, 2017 10:54 AM

Apr 2010
srafayms said:
But it doesn't really look like Byakugan to me. Must be the same as the clan related to the moon.

Exactly what I thought. (and I wished for it to be Byakugan -sigh-) :c

At the end of the episode I was like: "oh come on, you can't stop the episode now" XD
May 26, 2017 11:32 AM
May 2012
finally, some action coming!!!
and that chuunibyou was pretty funny.
May 26, 2017 12:37 PM
Oct 2013
Ok episode.

It keeps enhancing the likeability of my theory.
When the cats out the bag I can say "called that shit".

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1377913
May 26, 2017 1:57 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the crisis with the mysterious presence finally hits the end eh. Hmm a Ninja move within a Ninja anime lol. Well even a weak guy can with enough determination and hard work become someone strong some day. Well a Hokage is in charge of the village after all and as such he will have a lot of things to take care off. A pile of paperwork will therefore be normal. Hmm regarding that shadow though since only Boruto can see it they really don't have much to go on. Lol Boruto's impression of his dad i guess is still bad but that will change once they get past the movie though. Still its nice that Boruto isn't leaving this to the adults though. Hmm using shadow clones to get more eyes and brains on a case eh interesting. Its nice Boruto is taking advantage of this to look at each case so far and try and find a correlation. Still its nice to see that Boruto's motivation is because he wanted to help his friends and stop that from happening to any of them. Lol Mistsuki just appearing out of nowhere as they were discussing the Hyuga eye talent. Hmm so it seems that Boruto is scared of Hinata's father which is his grandfather eh. Hmm if this eye of his is not the eye talent that he got from the Hyuga i wonder what it is. Hmm to think that Boruto will get dragged into the dream world though. So his eye is something important then eh. Lol the fact that his eye is real as the stranger said has made Boruto more overconfident than ever eh. Lol Himawari's reaction to Boruto's pose though. Meanwhile the investigation on the adult side is still ongoing. Logically you also have to look for whether this is targeting Boruto as well. Its nice this episode we get to see Hinata and Naruto though. Though they are both support characters now its still nice to see them.

lol Naruto's first reaction to seeing Boruto say he has a new awesome power is whether he stole a forbidden scroll lol. Lol man that jibe at the thief of that scroll though lol. Hmm considering the training required to activate it i think even Hinata has some doubts. Hmm well i don't blame Boruto for being angry yet at the same time i can also understand Naruto and Hinata's concerns as well. The Hyuga's unique powers require a lot of training to activate it and while his sister has the innate talent to activate hers Boruto doesn't have that skill. And given recent events both have to be extra cautious as well. Hmm Hinata's father sure has aged well lol. But lol its nice that he loves his grandchildren though. Thats what Boruto couldn't deal with here eh. Hmm Hanabi sure has aged well as well and gotten prettier. Hmm so the Byakugan is inherited in blood yet not everyone can activate it eh. Well only by testing it in combat can we be sure that it really is i guess. Im interested to see whether it really is though i suspect its not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2017 3:39 AM

Jun 2016
NiaShh said:
srafayms said:
But it doesn't really look like Byakugan to me. Must be the same as the clan related to the moon.

Exactly what I thought. (and I wished for it to be Byakugan -sigh-) :c

At the end of the episode I was like: "oh come on, you can't stop the episode now" XD

yeah :c
and still no idea about the guy that appeared in Boruto's dream.
May 27, 2017 2:15 PM
Jan 2017
Omg I cringed so hard during this episode...... and laughed at the same time......
May 27, 2017 7:34 PM

Oct 2008
This has gone completely and totally to a different direction compared to the manga!
Boruto has gone Chuunibyou! lolz
did Boruto just dreamt of the Sage of Six paths!?
4/5.

May 27, 2017 9:21 PM

May 2009
:o Very interesting episode
Grandpa Hiashi and Hanabi are so adorable while hugging those two kids :3
And I am now anticipating how they would test his eye! :D

...and while looking around the net... I accidentally spoiled myself. Damn. -__-

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
May 28, 2017 6:51 AM

Jul 2015
This was an interesting episode overall 4/5

I think that 'Grandpa' will fail to recognize Boruto's Byakugan/Tenseigan or whatever visual prowess it is which will lead to boruto's rage later in the seriers (as we saw in the boruto movie - rn it doesnt seem to be as bad as it was in the movie) plus as we saw in this episode, how broken Boruto was after Naruto didnt believe him... It seems that the story is going towards that too

Good to see some screen time for the whole Naruto family + Hanabi
May 28, 2017 7:12 AM

Oct 2016
I wish Hinata or someone would talk to Boruto about Kurama.

May 28, 2017 9:00 AM
Jan 2017
nimsoc said:
I wish Hinata or someone would talk to Boruto about Kurama.

Maybe they will, but it's still pretty early in the show and now they seem to be focusing on other things.
May 29, 2017 4:15 PM

May 2013
I only get annoyed with Boruto when he gives Naruto an attitude >:( He doesn't know what Naruto has gone through to get to where he is. Little brat.
May 31, 2017 5:06 AM
Apr 2017
Finally, Boruto get serious pretty awesome fight with Hanabi. Still waiting Boruto to control the eye.
May 31, 2017 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
The first episode I gave a 5/5 to. I loved seeing Boruto interact with his family a lot more interesting than how he interacts with the other kids. Heck the only ones that he has half way decent conversations with are Shikadai and Mitsuki. I like Sarada and Chocho but so far you don't see many good encounters between them and Boruto.
May 31, 2017 7:45 PM
Apr 2017
And the plot moves forward! I wonder if Boruto will be like the first season of DBS with the movie being an arc. Great episode overall!
Jun 4, 2017 5:55 AM

Jul 2009
It's clear that it's not byakugan, but he doesn't know that...
Jun 5, 2017 9:50 PM

Jul 2012
Boruto with the Kagemasa glasses was pretty funny 😋

I've been waiting for this show to finally get a bit more serious. Next episode should be interesting.
Jun 11, 2017 1:44 AM

Jun 2015
Boruto is more of an idiot than his father. Tis was so funny.

That's a doting grandfather and auntie for you.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 13, 2017 4:45 AM

Jan 2015
Best episode of Boruto until now, Naruto is so cocky. -_-
Jun 15, 2017 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
I'm gonna be honest, I'm watching this series cuz I want to see the old cast. This episode is the kind of episode I like.
Jun 25, 2017 12:58 AM
Dec 2009
This was a cute episode, seeing the whole family together. Seeing Boruto going "chuunibyou" was a nice reminder that he's still a kid :)
Jun 30, 2017 7:42 AM
May 2016
I'm really starting to like this. I'm always spotting for our good ol' Naruto characters.
LoL at Boruto's theatricals.
Loved the Grandpa moment.
Looking forward to the Hyuga and Byakugan, somewhat neglected in Naruto series
Jul 3, 2017 9:29 PM

Feb 2015
Omg Hiashi.... it's everything I hoped for.
Aug 2, 2017 6:57 PM

May 2010
One of the better episodes yet, finally something else than monster-of-the-week cliche!

Btw, I totally love how close Shikadai and Boruto are, good friendship like that what Naruto didn't really have when he was that age, awesome <3
Sep 5, 2017 4:01 PM
May 2011
Well it looks like its going to be the tenseigan but it's rather weird he can just awaken that without already having the byakugan, and even weirder that it's only one eye.

It feels like they've been kind of handcuffed by that first flashback fight that came from the new manga.

also... doesn't it require a pure byakugan? I mean that's why toneri went through all the trouble of kidnapping hanabi instead of just some random hyuga.
TylerrSep 5, 2017 4:52 PM
Dec 6, 2017 2:37 AM
Jul 2018
This seem it will be interesting.
Jun 21, 2021 7:09 AM
May 2020
this doesnt seem boring until now
Sep 11, 2021 12:23 AM

Jan 2020
Toneri woah, oh also nice to Boruto training with Hiashi :)
May 15, 2022 11:18 PM

Dec 2012
Someone is looking at the sky. FukuJun?
Dat movie.
Boruto talking with his clones.
Mitsuki appears.
Dat dream.
Boruto see's his eye.
Naruto and Shikamaru.
Hiashi and Hanabi.
Boruto's opponent?
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 5, 2023 9:08 PM
Jul 2022
Not bad:):):):)yay
Mar 19, 2023 7:55 AM
Dec 2022
Apa yang aku rasakan boruto adalah anime terbaik sepanjang zaman.love boruto.#thelastshinobi
Mar 30, 2023 2:55 AM
Jan 2021
dog shit anime adsad sad
Jan 20, 10:41 AM
Jan 2024
very nice anime i perfer naruto shippuden
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 170 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2020

45 by beginner2005 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 139 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2020

28 by Chfenj_ »»
Jun 7, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 135 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

48 by Chfenj_ »»
Jun 5, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 183 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

30 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 4, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Power comparison

Igris_knight - Jun 3

5 by ezequielatlus »»
Jun 3, 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.