Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 7:47 PM

Dec 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pudding is so sweet she's going to give everyone diabetes!

Pekom's message is foreboding...

They have so little faith in Sanji lol
May 6, 2017 8:05 PM

Jan 2016
yeah, i'm all with pedro, he knows what's up.
Sanji ;-;

May 6, 2017 8:10 PM

Apr 2016
we saw two things we never thought we'd see today...
a pretty girl falls in love with Sanji
and
Sanji rejects a pretty girl!!
I really admire Sanji for being able to turn her down even though he admitted he would like to marry her, he still cares more about his comrades!
also I'm excited because the last of Sanji's siblings are making their appearance!
May 6, 2017 9:06 PM
Discord Moderator
Shiroyasha

Aug 2011
I really want to know what's up with

Mod Edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonMay 8, 2017 10:43 AM
May 6, 2017 10:05 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Pudding is just too sweet, it's blinding. I'm basically like Brook now, simply can't handle how pure she is. XDD

The Day has come, The day a beautiful and sweet girl like Pudding falls in love with Sanji and he actually rejects her. Blasphemy I tell you, blasphemy. XD
That was a really emotional moment though, with Pudding describing how Sanji rejected her to travel with the StrawHats, when I first read it in the manga I pretty much had the same reaction as the StrawHats. I also kinda teared up a bit. XD

Really nice of Pudding to give the StrawHats a map to reach Wholecake island, Pekoms has gone missing now, leaving a threatening message on board Sunny.
Love how Luffy just said, remember we're being threatened and let's all move forward. That made me laugh a lot. xD
May 6, 2017 10:54 PM
Sep 2016
MisterEightbit said:
I really want to know what's up with Puddings third eye, her bangs are doing her wonders covering it up lol
use proper spoiler tags.
poosh_inkMay 7, 2017 2:59 AM
May 6, 2017 11:41 PM
Discord Moderator
Shiroyasha

Aug 2011
Jaa81102423 said:
MisterEightbit said:
I really want to know what's up with Puddings third eye, her bangs are doing her wonders covering it up lol
use proper spoielr tags.

uhh,

Mod Edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonMay 8, 2017 10:42 AM
May 7, 2017 1:01 AM

May 2015
Damn... Pedro in this whole ordeal/talk was on DEFCON 5
May 7, 2017 2:09 AM

Oct 2016
And again... 5 out of 5.
May 7, 2017 3:35 AM

Dec 2014
puddings acts so sweet.... I am hoping for their marriage actually....
May 7, 2017 3:42 AM

Jan 2016
Lelouch0202 said:

Love how Luffy just said, remember we're being threatened and let's all move forward. That made me laugh a lot. xD

Me to, I actually found it to be very responsible when it comes to Luffy
May 7, 2017 3:59 AM

Feb 2013
Pudding is really great, and she is too beautiful when you think about how Big Mom looks.
And lol, Big Mom has too many children.
May 7, 2017 6:31 AM

May 2014
Good thing we are kinda getting consistent art for the designs now at least like DBS.
Looking forward to the next episode.

May 7, 2017 9:52 AM
The Séance

Jul 2016
Yahoo~! Let's do this *PS: Haven't read the Manga*

I love how Luffy is just casually always reassuring people. I swear it's just become part of his greeting. Haha, it's actually nice to see him tell everyone though :) I personally am just like yup tell everyone.... meanwhile Nami dies in the corner at his stupidity. LOL.

Damn son Big Mom get's around. She has nearly as many husbands as me ;)

Ahaha because everyone is mine...

But oh lord damn Idek man... I bet family dinners are a mess...

I personally think she seems like a nice person, but what if she totally betrays my child and his friends? *casual paranoia* Seriously though omg if she snitches on them I'm so done with ever trusting anyone nice again ahahaha. She seems decent though... hope she is nice and helps ^~^

I'm shook man. Sanji rejected a girl.... (then again I'm fujoshi trash, he probs just realised his gay love for Zoro.. I mean what I'm totally normal.)

Still though, :') Damn Sanji really wants to go back to them... I might cry man. I'm gonna get all emotional... damnit.

I live for these brief scenes of Sanji lol. He's one of my favourites, so this arc is really killing my soul. I just need him to be free and happy ;-;

A requirement to be in the Vinsmoke family is just to be pretty damnn attractive. I have decided that is a rule. Damn tho, who are these two and can I have them? *swoons* I need to see their faces properly and assess them better... but based on what I can see... damn I think I might end up liking these two better than the other two from a few episodes ago... LOOOOL.

I love how everyones like of Pekomns has been abducted or something and I'm sat there like thinking he did a runner.... I literally, as soon as he wasn't there I was like o he's done a runner.... kinda sucks if he has though, because damn loyalty is dead. :')

Overall, it wasn't actually a bad episode.. ;D

May 7, 2017 10:31 AM

Sep 2013
It was okay, big mom with that big family :)
May 7, 2017 10:54 AM

Feb 2015
The scene where Luffy cries because Sanji chose them instead of Pudding is unforgettable. Despite that the episode was normal.
May 7, 2017 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum its hard to believe that sanji rejected pudding :O
May 7, 2017 1:12 PM

Apr 2017
I didn't remember that there were so many people in that family...
And pudding sweet as ever.
May 7, 2017 1:42 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not sure what to think of Pudding. Of course she seems nice, but what makes it suspicious is Pekom's message to turn back. Oh well, we shall see
May 7, 2017 6:25 PM

Jul 2013
The reaction of Luffy at beginning when he heard that Pudding is the girl Sanji has to marry was priceless :D

Now I really can understand the name "Big Mom" lol. 39 daughters and 46 sons, is this for real? O.o
And not only that she also has 43 husbands, that's beyond crazy. But interesting that the Big Mom pirates are mainly constituted of familiy members.

Damn Pudding is such a beautiful and sweet girl it's almost unbelieveable. She's really in love with Sanji, who had ever thought of that. But the biggest surprise was that he rejected her for his friends, good guy Sanji ;_;
The reaction of Luffy and the others when they heard that was absolutely priceless :D

The OST was so perfect for this scene. Loved it so much :)

I really want to believe Pudding. Atm they couldn't be any doubts about that she wants to help Luffy, but I can't escape the feeling that said me I shouldn't trust her. I hope I'm wrong with my suspicion.

And what's about that message on the ship? Was that Pekoms? Where's Pekoms now? And what will happen if Luffy and the others continue their way to Whole Cake Island? Luffy for sure is excited.

Let's see what will happen next sunday.

May 7, 2017 6:34 PM
Nov 2013
So Big Mom's crew is mostly her family, interesting. I wonder if Capone Bege is one of her 43 husbands lol
May 7, 2017 9:22 PM

Mar 2015
Big Mama has a humongous family! We're obviously gonna meet more of them as we go along!

Pudding was really nice! Though I definitely don't think it'll be as simple as meeting up with her in the Southwest part of the Whole Cake island the next day.

This arc is awesome, looking forward to more!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 8, 2017 6:07 AM

Jul 2008
Pedro......yeah I really can't say anything.

Moving on...
May 8, 2017 2:40 PM

Jan 2012
Pekoms probably run .

May 8, 2017 6:23 PM

Dec 2016
I'm not gonna trust Pudding until the Straw Hats are sailing away from Whole Cake Island with Sanji next to them!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 9, 2017 3:58 AM

Oct 2015
Dropped a tear when Pudding told us about Sanji rejecting her. Oh Nakama <3
May 13, 2017 3:13 AM

Jul 2013
Now they're showing scenes of how germa66 does its mercenary work lol to make it more convincing that they have really existed all this time.

I wonder what happened to Pekoms. I think he either got abducted or they took too long to come back and he got bored waiting and just left.
Jun 1, 2017 11:32 AM
Discord Moderator
Shiroyasha

Aug 2011
Stupid mods spoiler tagged what I said, it's like no one pays attention to the show LOL. It's not a fucking spoiler you morons.
Jul 1, 2017 12:30 PM

May 2010
43 husbands, and 85 kids, how old is Big Mom?! I'm guessing that she has at least one kid with each husband, which would me that she was pregnant for at least ~33 years, god. It doesn't make that much sense @_@

Also, it randomly occurred to me, that Jewelry Bonney might be one of her rebellious daughters. She also has pink hair, and eats a lot, and we don't know that much about her...
Oct 17, 2017 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
No surprise that something happened with Pekoms, after all they let him all alone on their ship for no good reason :P
Also why are they acting so surprised when Luffy told them they would carry on? Like something liek that would stop him, also they can't turn back anyway without Sanji...
Jun 2, 2020 6:36 AM

Jun 2016
Pudding gave us some seriously important information. Firstly, the Big Mom pirates mostly consist of genuine blood relatives. She has 39 daughters and 46 sons which were born from 43 husbands. This is a family of 129 siblings. This is quite fascinating because it means the Big Mom blood relatives could exist in the series for a long time to come scattered throughout, assuming most of them aren’t gone through in this one arc. As one genius in this thread pointed out, one may be Bonney! Further, the children of Big Mom are tools to her, used to strengthen her pirate crew through political marriage. You either give up and marry who Big Mom wants you to, or run away. This means two things. First, assuming Pudding is being truthful and doesn’t have an alter ego, the two centerpieces of this marriage are victims who want to rebel against it. Second, she mentioned her big sister went out to sea, running away from Mom and looking for love. We can probably assume this is Lola which is amazing because, no offense to the Big Mom family, but if you look like Mom, or Lola or her twin then I assume arranged political marriage is the best shot you got until someone gets to know you.

The moment in the Pudding scene where Pedro took Pudding hostage and later stated they had to silence her and couldn’t trust her made me realize the importance of Pedro and Pekoms in the party. Nami can be suspicious and intelligent, but overall Luffy is irresponsible, Chopper and Carrot are immature and naive, Nami is possibly too nice, and Brook can be too carefree. Because of this Pedro, who seems even more serious and hard than his younger bro Pekoms, can play the serious and at times cruel member of the crew. He can put his foot down at times when you’d expect Zoro or Law or Sanji to. And despite Pekoms seeming possibly kinder than Pedro on a surface level, he’s still shown that he can do some dirty work. Those two mink boys may be crucial in the succeeding of this mission and that immediately gives them more strength in the dynamic of this crew. A greater purpose. Speaking of Pekoms, he was gone when the crew returned to the ship with a message carved into the bathroom to turn back. The most obvious assumption here is that Big Mom, who knew Luffy arrived, targeted the ship. Only Pekoms remained and he bought some time and warned the crew to turn back because they could no longer do this in secret, before then going along with the family.

To go back to Pudding, I was seriously hoping she’d have some more going for her. I refuse to trust her because she'd be a great person to give an alter ego, but for now, the moe and compassionate waifu who easily gets flustered felt slightly forced to me. However, soon it showed that she has some guts and would give the Straw Hats a secret map and risk herself while doing it. This isn’t enough to make me love Pudding but it’s enough to assume she will add to the arc in an interesting way and I’m curious to see more of her and what comes of this betrayal. Her line about not worrying because she is the biological daughter of Mom freaked me out as this is not the first time we had someone say ‘we are related by blood, of course he’ll get pissed but he won’t kill me’ before being killed in One Piece. I also like the touch that despite being a sexy and cute woman who's a stereotypical perfect wife and also meshes with Sanji through being a cook, he apparently rejected her. He was put to the test in a situation where the crucial thing that stopped him from gleefully getting married was his loyalty to his friends, aside from Germa's involvement or disdain for Mom. We knew Sanji would die for the crew, but we also know that he would die to look at Shirahoshi in Fishman Island. So, although we could assume this would happen, it’s nice to see that Sanji’s loyalty for his friends trumps all!
Jul 2, 2020 4:51 AM
Sep 2019
Sanji so badass.

Like react brook, chopper, luffy, nami when sanji rejected girl
Jul 13, 2021 5:31 PM

May 2016
If there's anyone out there who would end up with Sanji once he settles down, I really hope that it'd be Pudding. I know that they're deep into enemy territory and talking to the daughter of a very deadly adversary but Pedro sure is good at putting a damper on the mood. Pudding's just so damn cute that I'd be heartbroken if she ends up betraying any of them.

I wonder what ended up happening to Pekoms, hm.

Aug 18, 2021 11:25 AM

Jun 2019
Pudding seems like a nice girl but for some reason, I have a bad feeling about this.
Sep 3, 2021 10:46 PM

Aug 2021
The message on the ship looks scary.

Wonder where is Jimbei about whom the fishman underwater said somethings about in previous ep
Sep 16, 2023 10:28 PM
Jun 2022
wow what a caring person of pudding
Jan 16, 9:57 PM
Oct 2019
God damn she is called Big Mom for a Reason!!

Sanji rejected a girl? 😱

Nooo Pekoms....
Feb 12, 10:20 AM
Feb 2022
The next whole cake islands will feel like mini arcs.

Spanish translation:
Las próximas islas de whole cake se sentirán como mini arcos.

More topics from this board

» one of the most boring arcs - egghead

amande07 - Jun 11

30 by Elfezen »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 557 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Jul 28, 2012

90 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 556 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Polychrome - Jul 11, 2012

77 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 555 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaeji - Jul 7, 2012

88 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 554 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lohara - Jun 30, 2012

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.